[Spoilers] Other Ships: Season 9

Tensor

What is twaddle is someone saying they don't want relationships in the show, when the whole show theme was about the Leonard and Penny relationship.  The biggest change in the show over the seasons is the loss of that theme and the conversions of the show to center around Sheldon.

• Like 7

Which is fine, IMO. People relate to different things for different reasons. What drives me up the wall is trying to measure Shamy on the scales of the "normal couple questionnaire" when, by definition, they're not meant to be a "normal couple". And thank cod for that! The show caters to all sorts of dynamics and preferences, which is great, but people need to keep in mind that there are indeed these huge differences between the pairings and that what works for one doesn't work for the other and viceversa. Shamy are never going to evolve in a way that is satisfying to someone who prefers more conventional romantic dynamics. There's a reason why we don't ship each other's ship. 

not to mention the great begged question of what 'normal' even means anyway.........

Oh yeah I know. Like I said, an observation not an attack :icon_wink:

I like all the relationships on the show both the couples (except maybe Raj/Emily) and the friendships (especially Pamy, Shelnard, Shenny and Koothrawolowitz in that order) so I'm not particularly hard to please. But anyway, I do wish there was a bit more respect on this forum. No more Shamy vs Lenny please! They're impossible to compare because they're completely different from each other and putting down one for the sake of the other is just plain rude. I say this on the Shamy thread but it's addressed to everybody really.

Wait, all this, and you like Pamy too? Come sit here next to me, Luna... 

• Like 4

not to mention the great begged question of what 'normal' even means anyway.........

Wait, all this, and you like Pamy too? Come sit here next to me, Luna... 

Haha I'm always happy to be amongst fellow Pamy lovers :) Seriously why don't they have a thread of their own? I really hope there's a lot of them in season 9, there haven't been a lot of Pamy scenes lately and it makes me sad.

• Like 6

Haha I'm always happy to be amongst fellow Pamy lovers :) Seriously why don't they have a thread of their own? I really hope there's a lot of them in season 9, there haven't been a lot of Pamy scenes lately and it makes me sad.

I generally love Penny's friendships on the show. Sheldon and Amy may break up, and that would sadden me. But what would make me stop watching the show is if Penny were to 'break up' with Sheldon/Amy/Amy and Bernie. Even the fanfic episode is marvellous to me because of the PAmyDette awesomeness. The way they give Amy shit initially, but are ultimately completely sucked in by the story by the end, just melts my cold dead heart.

• Like 4

I generally love Penny's friendships on the show. Sheldon and Amy may break up, and that would sadden me. But what would make me stop watching the show is if Penny were to 'break up' with Sheldon/Amy/Amy and Bernie. Even the fanfic episode is marvellous to me because of the PAmyDette awesomeness. The way they give Amy shit initially, but are ultimately completely sucked in by the story by the end, just melts my cold dead heart.

Yes, they all have a lovely friendship. Sheldon and the girls are my favorite characters on this show and one of the things I long for most is 1. to see some Pamy sweetness (maybe an ILY from Penny or her genuinely calling Amy her Bestie) and 2. to see Shelly accompany them on another girl's night. That episode is hands down one of faves.

• Like 6

Yes, they all have a lovely friendship. Sheldon and the girls are my favorite characters on this show and one of the things I long for most is 1. to see some Pamy sweetness (maybe an ILY from Penny or her genuinely calling Amy her Bestie) and 2. to see Shelly accompany them on another girl's night. That episode is hands down one of faves.

Yeeeeeesss!!! I need more Sheldon with the girls like I need air! Shamenny is my favorite trio on the whole show, I could watch those three together for entire seasons and never get bored. I like Bernie too, but there's just something about the way Penny is around Sheldon and Amy that makes me go all fuzzy inside. She's such a mother hen to those two it's adorable. 

• Like 8

Yeeeeeesss!!! I need more Sheldon with the girls like I need air! Shamenny is my favorite trio on the whole show, I could watch those three together for entire seasons and never get bored. I like Bernie too, but there's just something about the way Penny is around Sheldon and Amy that makes me go all fuzzy inside. She's such a mother hen to those two it's adorable. 

Amen to that! (and I'm not even religious hehe)

Shamenny needs to happen next season! They haven't had a proper story together since the Shiny Trinket Maneover (another one of my all-time faves)! 

And on the Shamy front I can definitively see Penny trying to help Sheldon and/or Amy overcome their problems. They are her OTP and I can't imagine how she could bear to see them apart for too long.

• Like 4

That Penny, bless her heart, even consents to be anywhere with those two after their first 'date' where they discussed Penny's sexual activity, is a minor miracle. I'd like some PAmy/Peldon as well.

Oh, Sheldon with the girls was just so adorable. What I wouldn't give for a road trip with that lot. You just know they would drive each other crazy in such specific ways.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 7

That Penny, bless her heart, even consents to be anywhere with those two after their first 'date' where they discussed Penny's sexual activity, is a minor miracle.

That just shows how much she loves and cares for her babies :tender:

• Like 2

Although this one wasn't a sweet and cute interaction per se, I actually LOVED Comic Book Store this year! Shamy experimenting on Penny was just hysterical. 

"She didn't give me any puzzles."

"Are you sure?"

"Son of a bitch!!!" 

*applauds* 

Yeah that was fun. Although I really want some more sweet interactions between them, like Penny telling Amy that she loves her or something. 

I've been having this weird idea for a while, but for the Christmas episode, imagine if they did a Secret Santa and Penny and Amy got each other. Amy is determined to find the right gift for Penny and goes through tons of trouble but in the end believes that she has failed. But Penny realises everything she has done for her and is super moved. So Penny's gift to Amy is one of those "Best" and "Friends" bracelet type things and Amy gets a moment of total rapture over that. Think "Tiara moment 2.0" :yahoo:

Anyway that's just my imagination taking a run...

Edited by Luna18
  • Like 1

Lamy (Leoanrd Amy), Koothrapamy (they were cute, possible plot line they both comfort each other, but of course I'm Shamy all the way, just wanted them to interact), Stamy (Stuart Amy)

Shenny (Sheldon Penny, i love their scenes)

It would be interesting if Amy went to Leonard for advice on Sheldon. I just wish they interacted more. Also, maybe a Hamy (Howard and Amy) interaction.

• Like 1

It would be interesting if Amy went to Leonard for advice on Sheldon. I just wish they interacted more. Also, maybe a Hamy (Howard and Amy) interaction.

Yes to both! I also want to see more unusual pairings. I was very disappointed when Leonard and Amy abandoned the love test for the zombie thing...It would've been great to see them bond like Sheldon and Penny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't think they will ever develop a romantic Sheldon and Penny especially if the shows ends with season 10. They don't have the time even if they want at this point, I think.  I don't know if the general public would care or not. In the early years a lot of people wanted to see Shenny happening. A lot of people were shipping Sheldon and Penny as potential lovers. And I saw various comments on twitter after the 200th statin' that S and P should be together. I think the general public would be really divided if the writers let them happen, but very very likely they won't because they don't seem to love taking risks in general.

Edited by Cindi May