[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

Tensor

Regardless of whatever opinion one has of Kaley, I think that the one quality that shines through in any public interaction that she has is that she is a good natured, kind hearted person.

• Like 5

Yeah, every Lenny will be waiting with baited breath for that report.  I'm sad to say the tone and the Sheldon centric move of the show in season 8 killed some of my pleasure of watching it.  Don't get me wrong, it is still my favorite show, but I now don't enjoy the early reruns as much knowing Penny changes and Leonard isn't the good guy he seems.  I do hope Lenny powers through this and is stronger, but my gut tells me that I shouldn't get my hopes up to high.  Anyway there have been some good suggestions on how the writers could salvage them, so let's hope they make an effort in 9.01.

• Like 5

Yeah, every Lenny will be waiting with baited breath for that report.  I'm sad to say the tone and the Sheldon centric move of the show in season 8 killed some of my pleasure of watching it.  Don't get me wrong, it is still my favorite show, but I now don't enjoy the early reruns as much knowing Penny changes and Leonard isn't the good guy he seems.  I do hope Lenny powers through this and is stronger, but my gut tells me that I shouldn't get my hopes up to high.  Anyway there have been some good suggestions on how the writers could salvage them, so let's hope they make an effort in 9.01.

Much as I'd like Lenny to come back as a truly loving couple in S9, I fear the writers are going to keep them as a sort of sideshow To Sheldon/Shamy and hopefully 'resurrect' the Lenny we all love in the final seadon. I firmly believe S9 is going to be more of the same (as in S8) and us Lennies are going to have to put up with it

I have been accused of extreme pessimism as far as Lenny is concerned, but I have seen nothing to make me optimistic.

• Like 4

Much as I'd like Lenny to come back as a truly loving couple in S9, I fear the writers are going to keep them as a sort of sideshow To Sheldon/Shamy and hopefully 'resurrect' the Lenny we all love in the final seadon. I firmly believe S9 is going to be more of the same (as in S8) and us Lennies are going to have to put up with it

I have been accused of extreme pessimism as far as Lenny is concerned, but I have seen nothing to make me optimistic.

I feel exactly the same way you do but if S9 turns out like S8 I won't make it half way thru the season before I turn it off for good Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I see everyone is still complaining haha. Fact is Lenny is not the event they once were. With Four couples now. But they are still the writers baby. This is 3ku11 by the way, cannot log in to my old account for some reason. Not watching the show that much atm, busy and stuff. Caught the finalie though, turned out better. Penny well eventually forgive Leonard. I think Leonard got complacent, won the girl e.t.c. Took her for granted. Maybe he won't now. I do miss Season 3 Lenny, but I also know that Lenny woulden't of survived the past five seasons and beyond, this Lenny well. 

that is what I wonder about the season 8 finale.  Was it done like that to put indecision about marriage into the Lenny relationship so they could stall it in season 9 like they did in season 8?

• Like 2

9e3db343b569e12ed9b032aadae89396.jpg Thought I'll celebrate my 11000 posts with these beautiful pictures of our fav couple. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Congratulations. That's amazing Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yea! Tonstar!

Author, devout and outspoken Lenny and prolific TBBT Forums Contributor! 

Congratulations on the 11,000 post!

Love your gift to us! The art work is sensational! 

Thank you for your kind words but unfortunately I can't take credit for the art work. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

So I see the usual suspects still harping on :D. I think at this juncture Leonard and Penny are what they are, their is no going back now. But you know their is parts to their relationship that I love that I Diddn't 1-3. Sure Lenny were like horny rabbits, so much intimacy. But you also diddn't have that emotional maturity and intimacy. Second Leonard got serious Penny freaked me out. It's actually been pleasently surprising to see Penny embrace commitment with Leonard, I was so sure she would freak out by this point. So they are not in the honeymoon phase anymore. They are in a real relationship, and relationships are hard work. Sometimes they need to work really hard, sometimes they dont (Paint Canvas). But this to me is why L/P are the most realistically written couple on tv. They are not perfect, because they are not meant to be. 

• Like 3

Me too. I wish we have some really amazing Lenny love in S9. I want them in a happy place again. I need my lenny fix. ☺☺ 9854dcd0aa918a53d97ee19cb0c49ffa.jpg Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yeah well diddn't paint canvas cover that? I agree though I understand L/P right now are in a place of thinking about their future, so its realistic that over time the loving is not as fresh over time. But they are not comic book characters. Leonard and Penny clearly adore each other, so it would be nice to see more episodes based around that other, then sniping at each other, or angst. 

• Like 2

Welcome back 3kull as usual you make some good points. I want the best for them like every lenny and hope they work through their latest issue and come out stronger. Not much to ask for. :) 1a733697e71893962a704bf43ef73e1e.jpg Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Welcome back 3kull as usual you make some good points. I want the best for them like every lenny and hope they work through their latest issue and come out stronger. Not much to ask for. :)1a733697e71893962a704bf43ef73e1e.jpg Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've been a Lenny since day one, no turning back now haha.

• Like 5

Just rewatched the Season 8 finalie. Only the Lenny parts haha. I don't know it feels very anti climatic. I mean Penny is like "It was two years ago, we weren't engaged, and it was just kissing" Leonard: Are we still getting married? Penny: Yes. So what Lenny are getting married after all? It feels done for comedy. I was expecting angst and drama, I don't know it diddn't feel that way at all. Felt very calm. I don't know maybe its a reflection of a very matured Penny these days. IF this was Season 3 she would dump Leonard. Leonard clearly is very guilty, but Penny said she can get pass it. So s9 Lenny get married in Vegas maybe, or not don't know. 

• Like 1

Kissing:

http://images.mstarz.com/data/images/full/25723/the-big-bang-theory-penny-and-leonard.jpg

Spending good time together:

http://worldofoddballs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/sfffk3.png

This is what Lenny (and we Lennies) needs now.

Congratulations Tonstar!!! 11000 posts - amazing score.

Edited by Norman
  • Like 5

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic