[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New drawing. I hope it's not too corny and you enjoy it.

As already announced...here's my newest drawing. It's part 1 of 2. Part 2 follows later today. I hope you enjoy.

OK guys. New drawing. Because I had the time. Leonard and Penny arriving at the restaurant. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Images

Except we do get continuity for some things.

Not everything is going to be resolved, nor does everything have to be known by certain people.

meka I like you but you seriously need to browse Amazon for a sense of humor :icon_razz:

tumblr_n9qk0cQbbv1r60h6bo2_250.gif

I'm on the opposite side on that one. That consideration and her realization how smart (and wonderful) he was showed the beginning of her wall crumbling. She was well on her way to that admission of the love she had always felt for him. Remember, at Valentine's Day it was a foregone conclusion that "eventually I'll say yes". An admission that she was thinking of breaking up with him (which I believe was only said for Bernadette and Amy's benefit) would serve no purpose now that they are happily married. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I'm with SRAM on this. Certain things have to be known. Especially Penny thinking of dumping Leonard in S6. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

That's the cheap drama I'm afraid of, since they would write Leonard in his usual habit of overthinking everything which only leads to bad outcomes. "She wanted to break up with me, I'm not good enough for her, she doesn't love me." etc etc. Despite the fact of course, that she married him out of love, which a woman doesn't do if she feels sorry for a guy...

• Like 8

That's the cheap drama I'm afraid of, since they would write Leonard in his usual habit of overthinking everything which only leads to bad outcomes. "She wanted to break up with me, I'm not good enough for her, she doesn't love me." etc etc. Despite the fact of course, that she married him out of love, which a woman doesn't do if she feels sorry for a guy...

But he needs to know that the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with has doubts. It's not fair on him. That's probably why he tried to sabotage the wedding because he knows deep down that Penny is not always honest with him. They could have used Leonard knowing to sort out what penny was scared of because we don't really know why she came to that conclusion in the first place and decided their love was boring. Jmo Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

But he needs to know that the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with has doubts. It's not fair on him. That's probably why he tried to sabotage the wedding because he knows deep down that Penny is not always honest with him. They could have used Leonard knowing to sort out what penny was scared of because we don't really know why she came to that conclusion in the first place and decided their love was boring. Jmo Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

but her major doubts about the relationship were essentially erased the following 3 episodes

• Like 4

but her major doubts about the relationship were essentially erased the following 3 episodes

HAD doubts not has, all this would do is bring in the unnecessary agnst and relationship problems you say you don't want

Good points guys. Just felt at the time. He should have known how penny was feeling. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Good points guys. Just felt at the time. He should have known how penny was feeling. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Do you remember?

L: Why couldn't we just have a nice time?
P: I don't know. Maybe 'cause things are going so well between us lately and I've been really happy.
L: Okay, you're gonna have to make a lot more sense than that.
P: Obviously, I have some commitment issues.
L: Glaringly obvious. Go on.
P: As long as things keep going great between us, you'll keep asking me to marry you, and eventually I'm gonna end up saying yes, and then we're gonna be married forever, and the whole thing just freaks me out.

old_0018.thumb.gif.6f25651a00523818287d1

:icon_wink:

• Like 5

i would agree at the time 

• Like 1

"But he needs to know that the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with has doubts." had. had. had. had. had. Past form. Marrying someone is a good way to show that you don't have doubts anymore.

• Like 5

"But he needs to know that the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with has doubts." had. had. had. had. had. Past form. Marrying someone is a good way to show that you don't have doubts anymore.

That's right. Now we have Team Hofstadter, and without a shadow of a doubt, they love each other. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 5

I get that but I'm talking about the past not present. Those insecurities doesn't come into the equation, not so much because they have moved on and are in a better and wonderful place. But it showed it ugly head in S9x2. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I get that but I'm talking about the past not present. Those insecurities doesn't come into the equation, not so much because they have moved on and are in a better and wonderful place. But it showed it ugly head in S9x2. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yes it did because he had given her the reason to think about it because he kissed another woman who Penny views as smarter than herself. That thinking probably stems from Amy's comment during the Priya angle when Amy said "Your former boyfriend has replaced with what appears to be a very suitable mate. Arguably much more suitable than you." because "Priya is highly educated, she's an accomplished professional and she comes from the culture that literally wrote the book on neat ways to have sex. Whereas you on the other hand are a community college dropout who comes from the culture that wrote the book on tipping cows."

So it might be possible that this was nagging in Penny's mind and comes to the forefront whenever another woman is sniffing around Leonard's goods. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

Yes it did because he had given her the reason to think about it because he kissed another woman who Penny views as smarter than herself. That thinking probably stems from Amy's comment during the Priya angle when Amy said "Your former boyfriend has replaced with what appears to be a very suitable mate. Arguably much more suitable than you." because "Priya is highly educated, she's an accomplished professional and she comes from the culture that literally wrote the book on neat ways to have sex. Whereas you on the other hand are a community college dropout who comes from the culture that wrote the book on tipping cows."

So it might be possible that this was nagging in Penny's mind and comes to the forefront whenever another woman is sniffing around Leonard's goods. :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm liking S9 penny. She is showing a lot of love for her husband and they are a team, but they need to follow through with the plans instead of bottling it at the last minute they've got their lifes to live. As a married couple. Live it. :) Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

In light of the current living arrangements, this gif is better than therapy. I mean gosh, I love Sheldon, but right now it frustrates me to no end that Lenny can't live alone together. 

Absolutely yes! I love Sheldon too, but right now he's the only reason why Lenny aren't living together, and I think it's not fair at all. I completely blame the writers for this: a lot of changes were made in the last few seasons as far as the characters were concerned (e.g. see Amy, Howard and Penny herself), and now a married couple can't live together and above all without a third wheel, just because you're afraid of losing a small group of viewers? Come on!! After all the Hofstadters would live across the hall, not 100 miles away. Maybe the Shamy reconciliation will help? I really hope so! :yes:

I'm on the opposite side on that one. That consideration and her realization how smart (and wonderful) he was showed the beginning of her wall crumbling. She was well on her way to that admission of the love she had always felt for him. Remember, at Valentine's Day it was a foregone conclusion that "eventually I'll say yes". An admission that she was thinking of breaking up with him (which I believe was only said for Bernadette and Amy's benefit) would serve no purpose now that they are happily married.

tumblr_m0l2okN0vh1r7qfku.thumb.gif.202e6

• Like 6

HAD doubts, HAD doubts, Doesn't have them anymore. And since the writers had him lie about the kiss for 2 years, he can't be complaining too much about honesty, now can he? Penny has been more honest with him than he with her.

• Like 2

Come on!! After all the Hofstadters would live across the hall, not 100 miles away. Maybe the Shamy reconciliation will help? I really hope so! :yes:

See that's what I don't like about the whole thing. It all seems to depend on Sheldon and how he's feeling. Leonard and Penny should be able to start a proper married life together no matter what Sheldon's relationship status is. It's laughable to think they can't be there for him just because they live across the hall. I hated that they felt bad about telling Sheldon in the first place. It should be a no brainer. They're husband and wife. They shouldn't have to apologize or butter anyone up for wanting to live together!

• Like 9

I'm with SRAM on this. Certain things have to be known. Especially Penny thinking of dumping Leonard in S6. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I don't think we will ever know because that was just a bone thrown to stir up a small plot for Lenny. 

I don't think it's the fans that put a riff between Lenny and Shamy - it's the writers.  Lenny can't have one simple episode where they have a proper wedding because we have to have the Shamy breakup. 

We, as Lenny fans, know that Lenny is happy now.  That they had insecurities, unanswered questions and all that.  BUT it doesn't matter because Sheldon has to occupy 2/3 of every episode regardless.

I think I need a nap...

• Like 6

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic