[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

So, my take on the deal with L/P is that the story isn't over while they are in 4a/4b and how they deal with Sheldon going forward is intrinsic to it. I will be expecting to see more of how they cope with him and maybe more of him "intruding"  between them. They can't keep the show going without leaving something in the tank and I think that is it. Once he settles with Amy or becomes competent then what? So I'm sceptical about s11 being worthwhile. For variety I do hope for the other family members to show up but as this is more about found families than natural families I'm not counting on much there.

In the meantime I will wish for more L/P joy but I expect a similar amount of frustration as well. At least they are in it together, which makes me happy.

• Like 4

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New drawing. I hope it's not too corny and you enjoy it.

As already announced...here's my newest drawing. It's part 1 of 2. Part 2 follows later today. I hope you enjoy.

OK guys. New drawing. Because I had the time. Leonard and Penny arriving at the restaurant. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Images

I think to add that variety like you mentioned, families need to be brought in soon. Create some new dynamics. Bring in Wyatt, Penny's father. Introduce Penny's Mother, played by Lisa Kudrow, Gail O'Brady, or Bonnie Hunter take your pick haha. I really still want an ep, before this show is done and dusted. Where they introduce Leonard's father, who visits Leonard, with his waitress girlfriend. Played by Lisa Kudrow damn it!! :icon_cheesygrin:. That could really be a fresh, new episode so late in the series run. An anomaly if you well. Just the irony of Leonard's father's girlfriend, being so similar to Penny. An older version of Penny as a waitress. She also works at a cheesecake factory back home. Before this show is done, I really want that to happen. Penny and the waitress go out drinking, and chaos ensues. Waitress could be played by Lisa.

• Like 2

So, my take on the deal with L/P is that the story isn't over while they are in 4a/4b and how they deal with Sheldon going forward is intrinsic to it. I will be expecting to see more of how they cope with him and maybe more of him "intruding"  between them. They can't keep the show going without leaving something in the tank and I think that is it. Once he settles with Amy or becomes competent then what? So I'm sceptical about s11 being worthwhile. For variety I do hope for the other family members to show up but as this is more about found families than natural families I'm not counting on much there.

In the meantime I will wish for more L/P joy but I expect a similar amount of frustration as well. At least they are in it together, which makes me happy.

Of course it isn't over... They can do many more crazy things with these two married! I'm sure a lot of funny Lenny scenes are coming (e.g. 9x09, it will be hilarious!) :icon_cheesygrin: I'm all in for happiness and sweetness, but please, writers, no more frustration! I think we had enough last season :scratchhead:

And yes, they are a beautiful married couple now! We know this new dynamics of theirs is awesome and nobody can never take that away!! :wub:

tumblr_nxbfuj4J0A1uesjcko1_400.thumb.gif    tumblr_nxbfuj4J0A1uesjcko2_400.thumb.gif

02.thumb.gif.819399631d77b3d8a1a9d7b4532      xD 

• Like 9

Just me but has Johnny lost a lot of weight, he is looking similar weight to he was in 2007-2008. In Season 7 he was almost chubby haha. I always said though their is way more comedic potential for Lenny as a young married couple. Then their is as an engaged couple. We still haven't seen Leonard move in officially. 2003 approximation did not really change much, as Penny said Leonard well sleep at mine some nights, and some at 4A. Wish they would just bite the bullet, and go full measure. Obviousley in reality Lenny would of got married and moved out prob S6. But of course it is about the process. Obviousley the comedy and central element to the show, is Sheldon. Once Sheldon and Amy move forward, s10 and s11 I have no idea. I would still like Lenny to have an apt all for them self. But its Big Bang what are you going to do ;).

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Of course it isn't over... They can do many more crazy things with these two married! I'm sure a lot of funny Lenny scenes are coming (e.g. 9x09, it will be hilarious!) :icon_cheesygrin: I'm all in for happiness and sweetness, but please, writers, no more frustration! I think we had enough last season :scratchhead:

And yes, they are a beautiful married couple now! We know this new dynamics of theirs is awesome and nobody can never take that away!! :wub:

tumblr_nxbfuj4J0A1uesjcko1_400.thumb.gif    tumblr_nxbfuj4J0A1uesjcko2_400.thumb.gif

02.thumb.gif.819399631d77b3d8a1a9d7b4532      xD 

Kaleys long hair is returning :P.

• Like 1

That time Leonard and Penny had sex in a phonebooth..

tumblr_mcjuwmzVh21r0z4zzo4_250.thumb.gif 

The "funny" is in the conflicts... not so much in the joy, so I'm not going to expect too much. hehe. Leonard is an understated hero for whom life has generally been a struggle. He has Penny on his side now, presumably irrevocably, but I feel that their struggles will not be over yet. One thing they don't fight about is how much Sheldon in the relationship is too much Sheldon. Funny that they agree on there being no upper limit to the Sheldon quotient. It's the dodgiest part of the premise for me.

But I expect there will be other areas they can disagree on with humourous results. They did once embody a clash of cultures -  intellect v hedonism (stretching, I know). Maybe they will get more mileage out of their differences now they are married - rather than just having them banging up against their joint opponent (Sheldon). They tried this last season with the money issues but to me that wasn't particularly cleverly done. Maybe they can have other interesting narratives arise out of their differences. AND they can still jointly turn their bemused gazes onto the idiots around them and demonstrate that they are, ultimately, in sych - those moments being ones I particularly enjoy.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
speeling
  • Like 5

The "funny" is in the conflicts... not so much in the joy, so I'm not going to expect too much. hehe. Leonard is an understated hero for whom life has generally been a struggle. <snip>

It's funny, earlier today I posted an article from Variety in the Johnny thread.  They asked him why he asked to play Leonard instead of Sheldon...part of his answer was...

"I said I’d rather play this guy, who seems to have a future of romantic triumphs and difficulties."

• Like 3

I liked how Leonard and Penny were with each other in the kitchen, it made them seem married, especially when they talked to each other between talking to everyone else.  But then Sheldon and Leonard together in the tag scene alone  seemed weird, I kept thinking where is Penny?

• Like 2

I liked how Leonard and Penny were with each other in the kitchen, it made them seem married, especially when they talked to each other between talking to everyone else.  But then Sheldon and Leonard together in the tag scene alone  seemed weird, I kept thinking where is Penny?

Who Knows maybe she went to bed early you know she doesn't like watching Star Trek I think that scene was meant to be between 2 friends

• Like 1

The guy were off today as there was nothing on the Cal Tech seminar schedule today (Mid term exams ended yesterday), the guys are working on.   Tomorrow there isn't anything until possibly 1 PM  on Gauge theories  or more likely, 2:30 PM on designing models for information theory, to include small scale thermodynamics.  Which could fit with their paper(those are off the actual Cal Tech academic calendar)  So, they get to sit up late and watch Star Trek.  Penny has to work tomorrow, so she ran over to 4B to get to bed.  Leonard will be over later.     

• Like 8

The guy were off today as there was nothing on the Cal Tech seminar schedule today (Mid term exams ended yesterday), the guys are working on.   Tomorrow there isn't anything until possibly 1 PM  on Gauge theories  or more likely, 2:30 PM on designing models for information theory, to include small scale thermodynamics.  Which could fit with their paper(those are off the actual Cal Tech academic calendar)  So, they get to sit up late and watch Star Trek.  Penny has to work tomorrow, so she ran over to 4B to get to bed.  Leonard will be over later.     

good an explanation as any.

Penny and Leonard were support characters to the Sheldon plot with the documentary, there was no real plot with them, yet when they put them together like this episode they add like two different perspectives to the scene when they talk to Sheldon. There is also this closeness and comedy when they talk to each other on the side that makes the scene funnier.  I hope they continue to have them like that when they are supporting a scene.  Like I said many posts before, they are married now so   they should be together, unless there is an obvious reason for them to be apart, like girls night.  

• Like 5

Sheldon hides Pop-Tarts from Penny in the floor safe, interesting choice of pastry on the part of the writers?

I (and a few others) mentioned this on twitter during the show. 

• Like 3

Sheldon hides Pop-Tarts from Penny in the floor safe, interesting choice of pastry on the part of the writers?

sort of like how he always tried to keep her from taking her Pop Tart from him.

• Like 3

PENNY: When he says things like that I just wanna hug him and make everything better.

LEONARD: My brother was mean to me, too.

PENNY: Yeah you probably had it comin'.

LOL poor Leonard.

PENNY: Do you know what that means?

LEONARD: (looks down) No.

PENNY: Are you telling the truth?

:icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by No Regrets
  • Like 7

Just me but has Johnny lost a lot of weight, he is looking similar weight to he was in 2007-2008. In Season 7 he was almost chubby haha. I always said though their is way more comedic potential for Lenny as a young married couple. Then their is as an engaged couple. We still haven't seen Leonard move in officially. 2003 approximation did not really change much, as Penny said Leonard well sleep at mine some nights, and some at 4A. Wish they would just bite the bullet, and go full measure. Obviousley in reality Lenny would of got married and moved out prob S6. But of course it is about the process. Obviousley the comedy and central element to the show, is Sheldon. Once Sheldon and Amy move forward, s10 and s11 I have no idea. I would still like Lenny to have an apt all for them self. But its Big Bang what are you going to do ;).

Yep, especially in season 6-7, his face looked fat. And since he stopped wearing those hoodies all the time from the season 7 finale onwards, you could oftentimes see the bulge in the stomach. Though we can cut him some slack, Johnny is 40 ^^

Yep, especially in season 6-7, his face looked fat. And since he stopped wearing those hoodies all the time from the season 7 finale onwards, you could oftentimes see the bulge in the stomach. Though we can cut him some slack, Johnny is 40 ^^

Damn how older is Leonard then Penny? Penny is nearing her 30's. So Leonard is at least 8 years older haha. Age is just a number though.

Penny showed her nerdy side by pointing out Sheldons mistake:

Penny: Well, Sheldon, I'm no expert, but aren't you completely missing the point of Spock? I mean, he liked to act like he had no emotions, but he was still half human. Just like you. I'm just saying, you pretend you don't, but you have feelings just like everybody else.

:shy:

• Like 3

Penny and Leonard were support characters to the Sheldon plot with the documentary, there was no real plot with them, yet when they put them together like this episode they add like two different perspectives to the scene when they talk to Sheldon. There is also this closeness and comedy when they talk to each other on the side that makes the scene funnier.  I hope they continue to have them like that when they are supporting a scene.  Like I said many posts before, they are married now so   they should be together, unless there is an obvious reason for them to be apart, like girls night.  

I think this shows just what was missing from season hate. This just shows that they don't have to be the focus of the episode. They could have had little things like this in the background of other scenes showing them as a loving couple

• Like 6

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic