Jump to content

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9


Recommended Posts

I'm willing to be happy with any Lenny goodness that is not filled with angst.  I like that they are portrayed as a cohesive unit and not just two people who happen to be in the same room. 

They kind of lost me as a over enthusiastic fan with the season 8 Lenny togetherness invisibility cloak.  And also with the glossing over of a wedding because of a breakup.  Hey at least Howardette's wedding was overshadowed by him going to space.

I think I've said this same thing quite a bit lately.  I apologize but I'm just not feeling this show much anymore...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New drawing. I hope it's not too corny and you enjoy it.

As already announced...here's my newest drawing. It's part 1 of 2. Part 2 follows later today. I hope you enjoy.

OK guys. New drawing. Because I had the time. Leonard and Penny arriving at the restaurant. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kasey said:

I'm willing to be happy with any Lenny goodness that is not filled with angst.  I like that they are portrayed as a cohesive unit and not just two people who happen to be in the same room. 

They kind of lost me as a over enthusiastic fan with the season 8 Lenny togetherness invisibility cloak.  And also with the glossing over of a wedding because of a breakup.  Hey at least Howardette's wedding was overshadowed by him going to space.

I think I've said this same thing quite a bit lately.  I apologize but I'm just not feeling this show much anymore...

I guess that’s a reasonable statement.

new_005.gif.6575de28c7aba2ec3540b45e532f

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha well thats the million dollar question. The past two seasons been more a nightmare then a dream. They need to start focusing on the ensemble from now on. A Lenny centric plot would be nice, or a light hearted, fun plot. I loved Itchy Brain, i kno im in minority lol. Just a fun ep, thats nt relationship driven, and means nothing other then laughing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's disappointing. I'm not rushing home to find out what happens anymore. Because my expectations have been shaped by my experience. It's nice they are married. Maybe I'll let the DVR stack up a few episodes and I'll be surprised some time. And there are other shows. I've been cheating on TBBT with Castle, for instance.
 
But kicking the can around here is still entertaining. Even if it's not a burning need, I do enjoy the discussions with youse all.
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lowered my expectations, too. But again, now that the Shamy arc is out of the way, I'm hoping the other characters will get some quality stories.

Used to be a huge Castle fan. First 3 seasons are incredible. Now the show is a sad shadow of what it used to be.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many other shows (and types of shows---PBS mysteries, etc) that I enjoy and look forward to, however I am nowhere as invested in them as I am TBBT, all because of Leonard & Penny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well hopefully the drama doesent get transfered.to other characters. Preferably Lenny. My investment at this point is all them. Only thing still recognisible about the show. They got another kiss tho, is that 3 for the season. Anyway, i find im watching more out of habit not product, these days.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it'll be smooth sailing all season for Leonard and Penny. I just hope they won't pull another Mandy-type drama out of their asses. I'm all for Leonard and Penny dealing with normal issues that come along with being a married couple, though. I love watching them fight sometimes. One, because that's just what happens in relationships and it keeps things realistic. And two, because Johnny and Kaley are so good at it and make it seem so real to the point where it feels voyeuristic to watch at times.

Now that the baby talk has started between Howard and Bernadette, I can see Leonard and Penny having a short conversation about it, too. Not whether or not they should have kids now, but more like do they want to have kids at all

I think they'd make amazing parents, I really do. And not just because they've had a Sheldon for the past 8 years.

Edited by No Regrets
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.11.2015 at 0:55 PM, Itwasdestined said:

Looks like I'm watching the show wrong again. when did Lenny stop getting attention again? Did I misinterpret the first 4 episodes out of 7 being about their marriage X 2, friends wanting to celebrate what they missed by having way too late bachelor/bachelorette parties for them ( does it not come not as Lenny story if they're not in the scenes together even if it's about them? ) and a story about them wanting to move in together? Now I get and agree that all of these stories were interrupted or interfered with or turned upside down by the other guy, and they all could have played out better  but they were still Lenny centric. And we have carrot dance this week. That's 5 out of 8 fairly sizeable chunks of Lenny. 

In amongst all the relationship drama that is apparently changing the show too much, we've had plenty of light stuff with Thor and Dr Jones, Feinmans van  the fencing and the helium nonsense. Yes the other guy and his dramas are front and centre every week and the last couple of taping reports are dominated by that but I think we sometimes display short memories and a touch of squirrel syndrome brought on by Shamy Squee overload on a couple threads and invent imaginary Lenny letdown for the sake of it. Why do we switch from joyful GIFS and photo memories and talk of happy Lenny so quickly to it will never be as good as the good Ol days of Season 6 and when will we get Lenny plots again? 

Don’t worry. I will be tenacious to throw in my little joy-/painful Jiffs....

 

:shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Looks like I'm watching the show wrong again. when did Lenny stop getting attention again? Did I misinterpret the first 4 episodes out of 7 being about their marriage X 2, friends wanting to celebrate what they missed by having way too late bachelor/bachelorette parties for them ( does it not come not as Lenny story if they're not in the scenes together even if it's about them? ) and a story about them wanting to move in together? Now I get and agree that all of these stories were interrupted or interfered with or turned upside down by the other guy, and they all could have played out better  but they were still Lenny centric. And we have carrot dance this week. That's 5 out of 8 fairly sizeable chunks of Lenny. 

In amongst all the relationship drama that is apparently changing the show too much, we've had plenty of light stuff with Thor and Dr Jones, Feinmans van  the fencing and the helium nonsense. Yes the other guy and his dramas are front and centre every week and the last couple of taping reports are dominated by that but I think we sometimes display short memories and a touch of squirrel syndrome brought on by Shamy Squee overload on a couple threads and invent imaginary Lenny letdown for the sake of it. Why do we switch from joyful GIFS and photo memories and talk of happy Lenny so quickly to it will never be as good as the good Ol days of Season 6 and when will we get Lenny plots again? 

Yes, I see it the same way.

And since I'm a glass half-full person, I'm quite optimistic with regard to the further course of Lenny. And up to now I can't complain either. :shy:

Oh...and "Thor and Dr. Jones" is still ringing in my ears. :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

Looks like I'm watching the show wrong again.

I really wish we would stop this nonsense of who is watching the show right or wrong.  If I don't feel Lenny is getting the attention that I wish they would get and you do that doesn't mean that either of us is doing anything wrong. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Haha well thats the million dollar question. The past two seasons been more a nightmare then a dream. They need to start focusing on the ensemble from now on. A Lenny centric plot would be nice, or a light hearted, fun plot. I loved Itchy Brain, i kno im in minority lol. Just a fun ep, thats nt relationship driven, and means nothing other then laughing. 

Absolutely! Happy Lenny in a non-necessarily relation-centred plot is just plain funny. Happy Lenny in some light hearted sciency stuff. Happy Lenny with Sheldonisms cuteness. Oops, that's the girly tomboy's father deformation talking. I hope we laugh our skulls off, 3ku11. (loso)

57 minutes ago, Kasey said:

I really wish we would stop this nonsense of who is watching the show right or wrong.  If I don't feel Lenny is getting the attention that I wish they would get and you do that doesn't mean that either of us is doing anything wrong. 

What? Is this fencing still going on? You guys watched that fencing episode way too intensely. You need Tensor therapy ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.11.2015 at 5:43 PM, Waskaquebec said:

 

What? Is this fencing still going on? You guys watched that fencing episode way too intensely. You need Tensor therapy ;)

Hell, no Tensor needed.....:shy:

 

 

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kasey said:

I really wish we would stop this nonsense of who is watching the show right or wrong.  If I don't feel Lenny is getting the attention that I wish they would get and you do that doesn't mean that either of us is doing anything wrong. 

Agreed Kasey. I left the sarcasm sign at work. No ones wrong. Just different opinions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Agreed Kasey. I left the sarcasm sign at work. No ones wrong. Just different opinions. 

OT...I never use a sarcasm sign.  Used to drive my kids crazy since they never knew when I was kidding.  Didn't help they have no sense of humor...:scratchhead:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking forward to some Lenny sweetness tonight, as per Kazzi in the discussion thread- a kiss and a sleeping scene and a good Lenny vibe.

Having posting issues and I miss my little smiley peeps!

5644f6dc3c850_imagesBedScenes.jpg.70f6dcdd388eb5a421ace83f529ae0bc.jpg

b0a4017f8c005e1f7634e53ceada1516.jpg

Destiny never lies. Love last longer than eternity. 😆. Night.😴

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Looking forward to some Lenny sweetness tonight, as per Kazzi in the discussion thread- a kiss and a sleeping scene and a good Lenny vibe.

Having posting issues and I miss my little smiley peeps!

images Bed Scenes.jpg

Is that tonight or next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG Leonard looks so funny.

 

tonights episode Leonard and Penny acted so married it was actually fun to watch them and their banter.  I liked how in the morning they were just comfortable in their pajamas in the kitchen.  They just seem so natural together.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.