The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

15 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

She did marry the love of her life and her best friend!:kissing: And now she can pay for food and WiFi!:girlinlove:

You right, I didn't mean to imply that she wasn't happy in her life, she did marry the love of her life.  It is just she had a dream and she got so excited about it, she even took off to pursue it full time, I miss that part of Penny.

• Like 2

It might be fun if she could pursue her acting through community theater. She could have a big part in a play like when she did "Streetcar" and the gang could go and support her. Leonard would be proud and excited for her and having her own passion to pursue would make her happy.:girldance:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

It might be fun if she could pursue her acting through community theater. She could have a big part in a play like when she did "Streetcar" and the gang could go and support her. Leonard would be proud and excited for her and having her own passion to pursue would make her happy.:girldance:

That would be a great beginning for a plot for her.  She does community theater, gets seen and noticed by someone who finds out she did a couple of 'B' movies and gets offered an audition which she nails.  She then gets offered a major supporting role in a movie and using her vacation time and a short leave of absence she does the movie over the summer.  It would give her a new plot, the second half of the season and it would lead into season 10, can you imagine how excited Penny would be to take Leonard to her movie premier for a movie she was actually proud of.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

She did marry the love of her life and her best friend!:kissing: And now she can pay for food and WiFi!:girlinlove:

May I say you're adorable, Strawberry? :girlinlove:

Anyway, no Lenny plot in 9x13. No one cared for my puppy eyes LOL anyway, they seem to be funny as usual and very much on the same wavelength in it... That's always a good thing, isn't it? The whole episode sounds hilarious, I guess we'll have to wait and watch it to judge :) I'll always be here, trying to be positive and hoping for a great 2016 for our Dr. and Mrs. Hofstadters! :danced:

01.gif.3a709f94818de7a1f9a89d5437acf2b7.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ShLe94 said:

May I say you're adorable, Strawberry? :girlinlove:

Anyway, no Lenny plot in 9x13. No one cared for my puppy eyes LOL anyway, they seem to be funny as usual and very much on the same wavelength in it... That's always a good thing, isn't it? The whole episode sounds hilarious, I guess we'll have to wait and watch it to judge :) I'll always be here, trying to be positive and hoping for a great 2016 for our Dr. and Mrs. Hofstadters! :danced:

01.gif.3a709f94818de7a1f9a89d5437acf2b7.

Thank you, ShLe, I am quite adorable.:spruceup: My sons seem to think so because they laugh at me all the time! :friends: You may be the mushy, smushy, cry at the drop of a hat, Lenny loving daughter I never had! (I'm part Italian). Anyhow, keep thinking those happy Lenny thoughts for next year. Looking forward to lots of Hofstadter happiness, fun, laughter and romance in their own apartment!!:kissing:

• Like 7

Well even though I miss Penny going after her dream plot. Then again she had no sense of autonomy. This job boring or not has domesticated and grounded Penny. But I Think its time to not make Penny think oh I Want to be a star again. Because that ain't going to happen at her age, maybe but unlikely. But I liked how good she was at that play. Maybe do some community plays. Get noticed by a major director gets a role in a movie. And second half of S9 I agree I can see her off the show shooting the movie. Give Penny/Kaley a plot outside hanging out in the kitchen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Thank you, ShLe, I am quite adorable.:spruceup: My sons seem to think so because they laugh at me all the time! :friends: You may be the mushy, smushy, cry at the drop of a hat, Lenny loving daughter I never had! (I'm part Italian). Anyhow, keep thinking those happy Lenny thoughts for next year. Looking forward to lots of Hofstadter happiness, fun, laughter and romance in their own apartment!!:kissing:

Awwww, the cuteness :wub: YES, I'll never ever give up on these two! I'll always want the best for them :) Even if I enjoy TBBT in its entirety and ship the other couple, too, I never forget that Lenny are one of the main reasons why I started watching this show... They really are my first and forever love, nobody/nothing can't take this away from me!

new_0111.gif.8448de9bee18aeaed23942576f5  Plus, they still have so much to offer! Hope TPTB remember that...

BTW, the part in bold... FANTASTICO! Oh, sorry :icon_redface: I meant, how cool is that?! I felt we had something in common, and now I'm pretty sure I know what it is ;) 

Edited by ShLe94
  • Like 6

Penny definitely dated rich guys in her past. It was a big, obvious part of her character. Dating guys like that, clearly I Think her relationship with he father contributed. As did Leonard's relationship with his mother contributed to his dating. He went strong, willed women who could tell him what to do lol. As Penny dated richy, gym types. As she was referred to by her dad his lil "slugger". Wyatt must of wanted a boy I don't know. So Penny has a bit in common with Charlie Harper lol, deep seeded maternal issues. Ironically in a way that what makes them compatible. Their's one. Both had indifferent relationships with their parents. Which contributed to the makeup of their dating life and relatonships. They were both broken in a way haha. And I guess the charm of the show, is they would of never known it, if they didn't meet in such an unlikely way. When they meet to Penny was really at the start of her life, especially after breaking up with Kurt. Leonard and Sheldon were at the tail end, after years of study. So their was an amazing contrast in so many different ways. That was the charm of the show, these eggheads with all their Atoms in the right place, and then Penny moves in with all her Atoms in the right place. And she disrupts Leonard particularly entire world. That has always set it apart from most comedies since 2007. Penny most likely if she meet Leonard and Sheldon in High School would of prob bullied them lol. But if it wasen't for an unlikely scenario where they meet, And againgst all relationship and society's conventions and rules, they meet. Not just that they dated, and got married. The nerd falling for a girl ain't so unconventional.

But the girl falling just as fast, is to me kinda unique. It gives the character of Penny a genuine feel. I mean even Alicia in S2 Dead Hooker really showed off how authentic Penny is. She took advantage of the guys. Which shows you in any other scenario if a different person it would of turned out very different. I think Leonard loves Penny more then any other women as 1. Opposed to the strong, willed women. She is that, but she offered unconditional love, warmth, and support something he never received growing up 2. She became one of the guys. Leonard to me has always been an endering character, and very likeable, no matter what any idiot says. Simply because he faced adversity and he came out smelling like roses haha. Penny was always looking for that strong guy to look after her. But a guy like Leonard,  not just In Big Bang but you saw it depicted even in 80's movies. They initially date the jock, but the nerd always has a special place, and that nerd saves them in a way. Difference is Penny was interested from the beginning just as much as Leonard. Which makes Leonard and Penny more unique opposed to the nerd gets the girl usual story.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

The nerd falling for a girl ain't so unconventional.

But the girl falling just as fast, is to me kinda unique. It gives the character of Penny a genuine feel. I mean even Alicia in S2 Dead Hooker really showed off how authentic Penny is. She took advantage of the guys. Which shows you in any other scenario if a different person it would of turned out very different. I think Leonard loves Penny more then any other women as 1. Opposed to the strong, willed women. She is that, but she offered unconditional love, warmth, and support something he never received growing up 2. She became one of the guys. Leonard to me has always been an endering character, and very likeable, no matter what any idiot says. Simply because he faced adversity and he came out smelling like roses haha. Penny was always looking for that strong guy to look after her. But a guy like Leonard,  not just In Big Bang but you saw it depicted even in 80's movies. They initially date the jock, but the nerd always has a special place, and that nerd saves them in a way. Difference is Penny was interested from the beginning just as much as Leonard. Which makes Leonard and Penny more unique opposed to the nerd gets the girl usual story.

Perfectly said! :good: They had something beautiful since the very first time they met! Okay, Leonard was immediately smitten and she just found him a nice and kind guy at the beginning, and then a very good friend, but she's always known that he had something special to offer. She's always seen something more than his big mind and nerdy/quirky side (I'm quite sure she had felt for him even before that self-admission at her door in 2x23)... She's a great girl with a very big heart, even if she tries to hide it behind her snark sometimes... And that's exactly the reason why I can't get people who claim that Leonard's feelings have always be linked only to her good looks because "she's mean to him". No, she's not! She's just a girl with insecurities and fears, like everybody else, who has this particular way to 'defend' herself. She's grown so much, BTW! Season 8 and especially 9 have showed that. Leonard has grown, too. They're better people than 10 years ago thanks to the other. And that's amazing! :wub:

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, 3ku11 said: The nerd falling for a girl ain't so unconventional.

Perfectly said! :good: They had something beautiful since the very first time they met! Okay, Leonard was immediately smitten and she just found him a nice and kind guy at the beginning, and then a very good friend, but she's always known that he had something special to offer. She's always seen something more than his big mind and nerdy/quirky side (I'm quite sure she had felt for him even before that self-admission at her door in 2x23)... She's a great girl with a very big heart, even if she tries to hide it behind her snark sometimes... And that's exactly the reason why I can't get people who claim that Leonard's feelings have always be linked only to her good looks because "she's mean to him". No, she's not! She's just a girl with insecurities and fears, like everybody else, who has this particular way to 'defend' herself. She's grown so much, BTW! Season 8 and especially 9 have showed that. Leonard has grown, too. They're better people than 10 years ago thanks to the other. And that's amazing! :wub:

I just died in your arms tonight. So true. She kept her feeling well hidden but she couldn't keep away and at the end of the day love conquered and she couldn't resist that good feeling that Leonard gave her. True love at its best. ☺

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 6

To all of the above, so well written, And that's the story of Lenny! It's a beautiful story of two people from different worlds who spent their whole lives searching for someone to truly love them. And they found this love in each other. And in the process, we fell in love with them.

Edited by 4everlenny
  • Like 6

Am I the only one a bit disappointed that Leonard didn't give Penny a goodbye kiss before leaving the apartment to go to the movie?:scratchhead:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, son-goku5 said:

Am I the only one a bit disappointed that Leonard didn't give Penny a goodbye kiss before leaving the apartment to go to the movie?:scratchhead:

I too was disappointed. It would have made the episode almost perfect!

• Like 3

No real moment between them. You are both correct son-goku5 & Strawberry. A nice kiss goodbye and a term of endearment would have been nice...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a little disappointing, she use to kiss him more in seasons 1-3 than she does now, but on the bright side, she is acting like a wife this season.  It was also nice that when Sheldon offered his ticket up, Leonard immediately thought of taking his wife.  The scene with Penny and Bernadette, before Sheldon entered, makes sense too, they are the married women in the group, so them gravitating together makes sense because of their common situation.  What is disappointing is ever since the wedding they have been written more as support characters, I hope the second half of the season is better, but then I hoped the same thing for season 8. 

• Like 7

Unfortunately i think lenny are just going to be Sheldon's minions for the rest of the series and it's really making me loose interest in the show

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I think the writers will switch back to Lenny now that they've gone through the Shamy stuff.

It's a pattern - Resolve Lenny drama early from the previous season, then set a plot into motion that puts Lenny somewhat in the background and then bring focus back to them for the second half of the season.

• Like 2

Most of us were hoping for that to happen in s8 too but boy were we wrong just don't see it happening this season either

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It's about time....:shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I already lost interest i haven't even watched the last two episodes.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

me too.

• Like 2