[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

Tensor

Anybody else totally POed at TPTB right now. Always tried to like all the characters. Right now I'm really jealous on how sweet Shamy and Howardette we're portrayed tonight. Not happy about the Penny and Leonard scenes at all. Hope they don't continue this story line, I don't have warm fuzzies about it. JMO. Actually hope I'm over reacting.

• Like 3

I liked them referencing what Leonard loves about Penny, she gives him the kind of unconditional intimacy he didn't get as a child (the kind of intimacy he's been searching for, for most of his life).  Reminded me of the maternal capacitance (probably my favorite episode of the series).

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 2

I liked them referencing what Leonard loves about Penny, the kind of unconditional intimacy he gets as a child.  Reminded me of the maternal capacitance (probably my favorite episode of the series).

And what does penny love about Leonard? Getting her sales.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me, but with #200 coming up and their need to make it big (lenny got back togrther in #100) I don't like where this may be going. It just seems like a they may mess them up for #200. I may be paranoid but I just didn't like some of the undertone. Since they had Shamy's coitus already, (and lets face it that's what we expected #200 to be about since lenny got married). That only leaves a shamy wedding, kids or a breakup as big events (of course they could combine things ie. a shotgun wedding).

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 6

Just now, legacy99 said:

Kind of get the feeling lenny is being demoted to the 3rd couple on the show

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

How?  This episode is only the second time Howardette's relationship has been spotlighted this season.  Lenny has gotten more than that (6 episodes).

4 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

And what does penny love about Leonard? Getting her sales.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

That he's the opposite of her exe's, AND the kind of intimacy she didn't get from her father (where the man in her life DOESN'T lose interest in her when something seemingly better comes along).

Seriously, just because everything isn't mentioned in an episode doesn't mean it hasn't been shown throughout the series.

• Like 1

I was okay with Lenny until Penny got on the couch and started to complain about him, then I was 'What the Hell!"  Did I hear it wrong or was she complaining that she wasn't an actress because of Leonard and she doesn't feel doable anymore?  They have been married less than 6-months, right?  I felt more love between Kaley and Johnny last night than Penny and Leonard tonight.

• Like 6

Just now, JE7 said:

For gods sake man enough with questioning everything just to be contrary. Make a statement, have an opinion to share and discuss or just be quiet you have gone way past annoying

My posts aren't here to be politically correct for anyone, and I'm not asking anyone else to do so either.  So asking me to do what you are doing is a waste of time.

So Penny needs to proove she loves Leonard now lol? Yeah marrying the guy diddnt proove that. You are my best friend, love of my life etc. Do we just want sappy, fuzzies with Lenny all the time? Sorry but that's not what relationships or marrages are. Particularly Lenny who have always been portrayed realistically. Do we need to take everything to Heart every time Pennys not being sweet to Leonard? This is Penny shes not your romantic type. In this instance she had a one track mind. And they had a nice hug, what more do you want lol. I prefer a show with relationships with hard edges. Opposed to la dee da drinking coffee in  central perk. Its what grown ups do :D. Lenny got a wedding, thanksgiving etc. I would like a honeymoon. Or a re do of their Wedding but that just aint happening. I would like the finalie to be is Penny Pregnant? But that prob won't happen. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, meka3000 said:

My posts aren't here to be politically correct for anyone, and I'm not asking anyone else to do so either.  So asking me to do what you are doing is a waste of time.

Your right it is so you have the honor of joining vasy and Mislav on the ignore list because you never have anything to offer the discussion

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So Penny needs to proove she loves Leonard now lol? Yeah marrying the guy diddnt proove that. You are my best friend, love of my life etc. Do we just want sappy, fuzzies with Lenny all the time? Sorry but that's not what relationships or marrages are. Particularly Lenny who have always been portrayed realistically. Do we need to take everything to Heart every time Pennys not being sweet to Leonard? This is Penny shes not your romantic type. In this instance she had a one track mind. And they had a nice hug, what more do you want lol. I prefer a show with relationships with hard edges. Opposed to la dee da drinking coffee in  central perk. Its what grown ups do :D. 

The part with her wanting Leonard to get the doctor to see her, really seemed fine to me, she was acting like a wife trying to get her husband to do something for her.  Her more interested in if he got her in to see the doctor, than what was said by the doctor, didn't bother me either, again she seemed like his wife with, like you said, a one track mind.  But her complaining on the couch about their sex, her acting career and being doable did not seem like what a happily married newlywed would say, and it makes me curious why the writers wrote that in that way.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, SRAM said:

But her complaining on the couch about their sex, her acting career and being doable did not seem like what a happily married newlywed would say, and it makes me curious why the writers wrote that in that way.

Why does Lenny need to act like an ordinary happily married husband and wife?

"Life used to be simpler."

That line summed up her bigger issues IMO.  Life is getting more complicated and she feels a little overwhelmed by it.

17 minutes ago, JE7 said:

because you never have anything to offer the discussion

You mean like the last few posts I've made where I didn't quote anyone?

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So Penny needs to proove she loves Leonard now lol? Yeah marrying the guy diddnt proove that. You are my best friend, love of my life etc. Do we just want sappy, fuzzies with Lenny all the time? Sorry but that's not what relationships or marrages are. Particularly Lenny who have always been portrayed realistically. Do we need to take everything to Heart every time Pennys not being sweet to Leonard? This is Penny shes not your romantic type. In this instance she had a one track mind. And they had a nice hug, what more do you want lol. I prefer a show with relationships with hard edges. Opposed to la dee da drinking coffee in  central perk. Its what grown ups do :D. Lenny got a wedding, thanksgiving etc. I would like a honeymoon. Or a re do of their Wedding but that just aint happening. I would like the finalie to be is Penny Pregnant? But that prob won't happen. 

Excellent points. Just didn't like the tone Penny used about Leonard to the shrink. Complaining about his Star Wars stuff is a little season 3 at this point. Probably over reacted in my post right after the episode. Just feel there's this ever so slim chance that Lorre has a piano ready to drop on Lenny. Crazy, Right? BTW, love the pregnancy scare idea.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I agree Kaley even said in an interview she likes that the writers treat Leonard and Penny like a real couple with problems and stress this doesn't mean that a divorce  is going to happen in the 200th episode like some predicted in the season 9 discussion thread

• Like 2

Just now, 4everlenny said:

Just feel there's this ever so slim chance that Lorre has a piano ready to drop on Lenny. Crazy, Right? BTW, love the pregnancy scare idea.

Just remember this, Lorre is not the only one running this show.  That happened on TAAHM because nobody on that show cared at that point.

18 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I feel if Penny showed leonard some love or respect occasionally it would be more believable

"You are the lint trap of my love"

That qualifies as occasionally.

14 minutes ago, Earnie said:

I agree Kaley even said in an interview she likes that the writers treat Leonard and Penny like a real couple with problems and stress this doesn't mean that a divorce  is going to happen in the 200th episode like some predicted in the season 9 discussion thread

That's all good but Kaley has no input on story direction so it is really meaningless

14 minutes ago, Earnie said: I agree Kaley even said in an interview she likes that the writers treat Leonard and Penny like a real couple with problems and stress this doesn't mean that a divorce  is going to happen in the 200th episode like some predicted in the season 9 discussion thread

That's all good but Kaley has no input on story direction so it is really meaningless

She also thought that espiode 24 of s8 was the best and funniest espiode up to that point

• Like 1

Just now, legacy99 said:

She also thought that espiode 24 of s8 was the best and funniest espiode up to that point

Yeah of that season.  And that was her opinion, doesn't invalidate the previous quote.

If this was a drama then those would be good story points, but its not or at least it wasent.

It was a lighthearted comedy which morphed into a relationship based dramady and is flirting with becoming a full drama

I feelIn love with a lighthearted comedy and even with all the changes in lives and yes relationships it should still be that IMHO

It was a great comedy, its a decent dramady and if I want to watch drama thier are much better choices available in that genra than TBBT

The show is now like a person with a split personality you never know which one you'll get but you can tell one is subsuming the other

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1

I always though everyone in the show has a passion. Leonard and Science, his hobbies. The guys with their job. The girls with theirs. Penny is like the peculiar one of the group in a way. She has no desire or dreams. That is a development I want to see with Penny this season. Even if that means doing minor roles in a movie on the side. I always thought the reason Leonard loves her, is she is one of the guys. She is the only women he knows that would in S4 go all the way to kick that nerd in the balls lol. She is simply Leonard's best friend. That's what Leonard should say to Penny. I hope it is not swept under the rug. And they show some continuity, that is not always the shows strongest point. It needs depth. You can't just get Penny to go Oh I have identity issues. Next episode I am Sheldon hear me roarrrr. They need to follow through with this. This is not about breaking up. But about two people who love each other ammesnly. And have a huge connection. But depth is an issue. They could take tips from Friends how they wrote Monica and Chandler. Let's be honest Lenny are more Mondler then Ross and Rachel now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JE7 said:

If this was a drama then those would be good story points, but its not or at least it wasent.

It was a lighthearted comedy which morphed into a relationship based dramady and is flirting with becoming a full drama

I feelIn love with a lighthearted comedy and even with all the changes in lives and yes relationships it should still be that IMHO

Why?  Why can't a show be allowed to push the envelope passed what it's viewers expect?

Mash evolved into a show where not everything was laughed at all the time.  Why can't any other show?

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

But about two people who love each other ammesnly. And have a huge connection. But depth is an issue. They could take tips from Friends how they wrote Monica and Chandler. Let's be honest Lenny are more Mondler then Ross and Rachel now. 

I agree with this, except for depth being an issue.  Their depth has come from their history that they eventually developed from the first episode to this date.

Let me put this into perspective for fellow Lenny's: Casual's & outsiders have a tendency of seeing Leonard/Penny as the Ross/Rachel of this generation.  But they've evolved beyond that.

They've been in a relationship for 119 episodes out of 195 episodes in the entire series to this point.  That's 61% of the episodes through the entire series.  Also more than half of one season (3), half of (or almost in one case) two other seasons (5 & 9), and entire seasons together (6, 7, and 8).

Their relationship has evolved passed will they/won't they and one where they are a couple that has issues like other couples and are discovering that being together isn't going to solve all of your problems.  When I look back on that, I'm proud of both of them learning how to overcome their issues, even if they don't always get there right away.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, meka3000 said:

Why does Lenny need to act like an ordinary happily married husband and wife?

"Life used to be simpler."

That line summed up her bigger issues IMO.  Life is getting more complicated and she feels a little overwhelmed by it.

Exactly what I thought. She just seems overwhelmed by it all. After the psychiatrist says "You do have a lot on your plate", Penny sighs and says "I do". And that's after she says that she feels Leonard's pushing her into the mother role, and that they live with a man-child. 

I have no doubt that Penny loves her husband. When the psychiatrist asked her why she married Leonard, Penny said that her wearing tank tops was a big selling point. She didn't act like she had pity on him and said yes, she still feels he's a big catch. 

Honestly, I'm 100% sure Lenny will be fine. They'll figure it out. They always do. They just have to communicate a little better and talk about this stuff more openly.

• Like 8

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic