Jump to content

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, luminous said:

While IMHO the depiction of the wedding in the context of the episode was subpar to say at least, I nevertheless like the vows very much. :shy:

Leonard: Penny. We are made of particles that have existed since the moment the universe began. I like to think those atoms traveled fourteen billion years through time and space to create us, so that we could be together and make each other whole.

Penny: Leonard. You're not only the love of my life. You're my best friend. And you've got a friend in me. You got troubles. I got 'em too. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. We stick together and we can see it through, 'cause you've got a friend in me.
 

That was unbelievable writing imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surnames said at my wedding. It may well have been the reason ( I know Howard and Bernie's full names were said at their wedding) but since everything else in Lennys life is half assed, not saying Penny's surname wouldn't have been the end of the world. Loved the vows, happy they were alone as many of their best moments were flying solo, just would have been nice to see ceremony in full. But it's not like their best man was possessed by Darkseid and tried to kill the bride and groom and the maid of honour knocked the ring out of the brides hand before she put it on her husband's finger thereby forever stripping him of his super powers! Compared to Smallvilles Lois and Clark non wedding, maybe Lennys wasn't that bad!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too absolutely love their vows. Leonard's perfect blend of geeky and romantic. And Penny's were so Penny; off the cuff, unprepared, just winging it( the way she lives her life). Yet the love of her life and her best friend thought they were perfect!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Have you considered the possibility, that it was done that way, to avoid revealing Penny's maiden name?

Have you considered that TPTB could have done it 1,000,000.00 times better and still have created something to avoid hearing Penny's last name?

6 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

No surnames said at my wedding. It may well have been the reason ( I know Howard and Bernie's full names were said at their wedding) but since everything else in Lennys life is half assed, not saying Penny's surname wouldn't have been the end of the world. Loved the vows, happy they were alone as many of their best moments were flying solo, just would have been nice to see ceremony in full. But it's not like their best man was possessed by Darkseid and tried to kill the bride and groom and the maid of honour knocked the ring out of the brides hand before she put it on her husband's finger thereby forever stripping him of his super powers! Compared to Smallvilles Lois and Clark non wedding, maybe Lennys wasn't that bad!!

Thank you! You reminded me that there were no last names mentioned at my wedding either.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our favorites couple vows were and sincere and full of love for each other, that is what made the ceremony beautiful. awsome to see our favorite couple in marriage bliss. Lenny are the alpha and queen bee, the others are mere subjects in lennys court. ( I m harcore lenny fan since episode 1) :-)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, cAntonio Santos said:

Our favorites couple vows were and sincere and full of love for each other, that is what made the ceremony beautiful. awsome to see our favorite couple in marriage bliss. Lenny are the alpha and queen bee, the others are mere subjects in lennys court. ( I m harcore lenny fan since episode 1) :-)

And Leonard spent his wedding night in 4a and Penny in 4b. Kind of took away from the vows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cAntonio Santos said:

Our favorites couple vows were and sincere and full of love for each other, that is what made the ceremony beautiful. awsome to see our favorite couple in marriage bliss. Lenny are the alpha and queen bee, the others are mere subjects in lennys court. ( I m harcore lenny fan since episode 1) :-)

This might have been true in S1-S3, but not any more. Just a sideshow now I'm afraid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our favorites couple vows were and sincere and full of love for each other, that is what made the ceremony beautiful. awsome to see our favorite couple in marriage bliss. Lenny are the alpha and queen bee, the others are mere subjects in lennys court. ( I m harcore lenny fan since episode 1) :-)

This might have been true in S1-S3, but not any more. Just a sideshow now I'm afraid.

That is true but to me they are still the most interesting couple

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really hoping that once they got married we would get more short pillow talk scenes, like the one when Penny was reading Amy's fan fiction to him.  I can't remember a single bed scene between them that they weren't adorable or funny together and that even includes the "I Love You" bed scene.  The bed scene where Leonard tells Penny, "That's my girl" after punching Sheldon, is right up there with favorites like the "Lime Kiss".

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 26.1.2016 at 5:10 PM, SRAM said:

I was really hoping that once they got married we would get more short pillow talk scenes, like the one when Penny was reading Amy's fan fiction to him.  I can't remember a single bed scene between them that they weren't adorable or funny together and that even includes the "I Love You" bed scene.  The bed scene where Leonard tells Penny, "That's my girl" after punching Sheldon, is right up there with favorites like the "Lime Kiss".

...and now:

n_0036.gif.6632c8a82389e14c072a8201c37bd1b9.gif

 

:icon_neutral:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...sort of off topic, but recent episodes have shown Penny to have less and less patience for Sheldon's non-sense.  Hopefully this will lead to a change in living arrangements for episode 200--centered on the Hofstadters (hopefully again).  I think 2311 North Los Robles may even be too close!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

...sort of off topic, but recent episodes have shown Penny to have less and less patience for Sheldon's non-sense.  Hopefully this will lead to a change in living arrangements for episode 200--centered on the Hofstadters (hopefully again).  I think 2311 North Los Robles may even be too close!

Well, we don't know how much canon time passes off-camera between episodes, added to that having to experience his antics day after day might cause anyone to run amok at some point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...sort of off topic, but recent episodes have shown Penny to have less and less patience for Sheldon's non-sense.  Hopefully this will lead to a change in living arrangements for episode 200--centered on the Hofstadters (hopefully again).  I think 2311 North Los Robles may even be too close!

That's a good observation. I'd like to see the Hofstatder's apartment or house hunting together. On an unrelated topic I wonder if we will finally found out who got tenure at the university. Perhaps a Lenny move could be tied in with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, son-goku5 said:

Well, we don't know how much canon time passes off-camera between episodes, added to that having to experience his antics day after day might cause anyone to run amok at some point.

new_0041.gif.844825fe6dca14eb1110fbb3be2

LOL

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Chrismo said:

And Leonard spent his wedding night in 4a and Penny in 4b. Kind of took away from the vows.

Exactly.  That wasn't even funny so I can't say that they were going for a joke.  I guess having Leonard kiss Mandy was a clever way to get Penny to be mad at Leonard and Leonard to spend his wedding night with Sheldon.

Because Sheldon knew he would. :icon_rolleyes:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, legacy99 said:
11 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I don't know what happened on the quote thing but your right about lenny now though i still consider them the most interesting and likeable on the show

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I don't know what happened on the quote thing but your right about lenny now though i still consider them the most interesting and likeable on the show\

i think tis quote thing is stuffed, but i fully agree about Lenny.

I

11 hours ago, legacy99 said:

 

11 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I don't know what happened on the quote thing but your right about lenny now though i still consider them the most interesting and likeable on the show

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kasey said:

Exactly.  That wasn't even funny so I can't say that they were going for a joke.  I guess having Leonard kiss Mandy was a clever way to get Penny to be mad at Leonard and Leonard to spend his wedding night with Sheldon.

Because Sheldon knew he would. :icon_rolleyes:

It makes you wonder if the whole reason for Mandy was to have Leonard spend his wedding night with Sheldon.  The writers seem just to want to use Leonard anymore as a whipping boy and as fool to make Sheldon funny.  Leonard and Penny seem to be regulated to a sideshow with Howard and Bernadette now.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.