[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

Tensor

Meka honestly do you argue with everyone? Lol. Technically you maybe be right. But nothing changes the fact, the wedding sucked. And you can go - - - - - all you want. Nothing changes that. Few may have liked it fine. Majority did not. And ppl who hated it, and expected more are entitled to that. Were not expecting Barney from Himyn proposal or even wedding. But at least an isolated moment without interruption. That did not happen.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

100% stable foundations don't always make relationships work in the long run.  You can have a rocky start but still have a good relationship.

And why should they avoid internal drama since THESE characters all have issues internally within themselves?

Yes, all the characters have quirks, and all the characters have flaws, and no relationship is perfect (we have seen plenty of tension lately).  Even if the characters grow at different rates with a little internal conflict the relationship can still work (why I like Howard and Bernadette so much).  However, if you only grow one character, regress the other, and do nothing to make amends, then eventually the characters will grow apart and the relationship is no longer healthy no matter how much you love each other (as seen with the Shamy breakup).  There has to be mutual growth (even if it is at different rates) working together against outside problems to help counter the internal conflict to progress.  Also, when I say outside problems, I mean Lenny has to deal with problems other than Sheldon related nonsense to help them grow.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, meka3000 said:

So basically you wanted a typical average sitcom wedding.  The kind of thing that's been done before on a million sitcoms?

Lenny have avoided doing things in traditional manners in the past, When they got back together in season 5, they didn't throw a parade over getting back together.  They did a beta test before going further, something not at all traditional.

Penny's "I love you" for the first time came out in a non-traditional manner.

When Leonard challenged Penny to do something romantic she slightly botched it, only to stumble into doing something romantic without realizing it (all of Leonard's gestures that Penny kept), which ended up being even MORE romantic than her elaborate attempts were.  It was hardly traditional in how it turned out.

Lenny had 3 different proposals that were turned down by their significant other, before the real deal came about.  Hardly traditional either.

Why should Lenny's wedding break the mold from the non-traditional history they've had, and be traditional and elaborate?  Because those two words when I think of Lenny don't really fit with them and their history and how they have done things.  They've always been a couple where they've come out in one piece and looking beautiful, despite taking non-elaborate approaches to their relationship and doing things on the fly.

Let's see if you understand me: I hated the Lenny wedding as shown and would have loved a traditional wedding, the type that has been done 1,000,000 times, because Leonard and Penny would have made it special. The shit we saw is impossible to be made special no matter who's involved. Got it? Hope so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meka3000 said:

-"It suggests" doesn't make it truly so.  They probably just viewed their wedding and how they approached it in a different way IMO.

-By that token you can't stop me from feeling that I want to respond/justify/excuse/whatever when I want to either.

I never said I could stop you from anything now did I?  But I will agree with that statement. 

11 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Got it? Hope so.

How much you want to bet he doesn't?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, meka3000 said:

-"It suggests" doesn't make it truly so.  They probably just viewed their wedding and how they approached it in a different way IMO.

-By that token you can't stop me from feeling that I want to respond/justify/excuse/whatever when I want to either.

All that Kasey asked for was for you to let her feel whatever she was feeling, and you just couldn't shut up, could you?

Newsflash: Nobody's stopping you from feeling however you want to feel. YOU are the one telling others that what they feel is wrong. Nobody tells you to feel differently than you do because they honestly don't care.

3 hours ago, Kasey said:

How much you want to bet he doesn't?

Kasey: I know he wont, but one can always hope ....:icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Touche said:

Ok while I get weddings are not perfect, I loved the early relationship of Leonard and Penny who did bring out the best in each other (Stuart was right about that).  The City Hall elopement after making up could have had a car breakdown or something non relationship related hurdle.  The rocky foundation though doesn't work for me long term which is why I changed ships to Howard and Bernadette and Shamy.  Despite their conflicts, I thought these relationships had a more stable foundation, but the sick plot twists of these writers constantly erode that.  In all honesty, I want ALL the relationships to succeed against outside problems, not internal drama.

I.O.U. - 1000 likes :icon_razz:

_20160128_172315.JPG

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Let's see if you understand me: I hated the Lenny wedding as shown and would have loved a traditional wedding, the type that has been done 1,000,000 times, because Leonard and Penny would have made it special. The shit we saw is impossible to be made special no matter who's involved. Got it? Hope so.

Even if it wasn't traditional, they could have still eloped under better circumstances.  I know this from personal experience.

Fifteen years ago, my husband and I eloped at age 20, after two years of dating.  We didn't have much money, but I know how intimate and special it can be, even when things go wrong.  I wore my aunt's wedding dress and we rented a tux for my husband.  We financed wedding bands and did our marriage counseling with my husband's military chaplain.  However, the chaplain was assigned to another base, so on a non-drill weekend, we drove four hours to the other base only to discover we had forgotten to pack the wedding bands!  I was wearing my engagement ring, so we ran over to a jewelry store and bought a cheap band for my husband to complete the ceremony.  It was just the military chaplain, my husband, and I and we grabbed another couple who happened to be at the NCO club at the time (since the friends who were supposed to come with us as our witnesses canceled at the last minute).  It didn't stop us though, we were determined to get married.  Anyway the other couple we picked as our witnesses had eloped 20 years previously. Everything was spontaneous and nontraditional, but still special.  We spent one night, drove home the next day, and in our apartment exchanged the wedding bands we had left at home.  However, fifteen years later, my engagement ring and my husband's simple band have more significance and meaning than our more expensive wedding bands.

Thus, the writers could have done anything to make Lenny's wedding special, even if it was nontraditional.  However, they need to use more of an "us against the world" attitude.

Edited by Touche
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Touche said:

Even if it wasn't traditional, they could have still eloped under better circumstances.  I know this from personal experience.

Fifteen years ago, my husband and I eloped at age 20, after two years of dating.  We didn't have much money, but I know how intimate and special it can be, even when things go wrong.  I wore my aunt's wedding dress and we rented a tux for my husband.  We financed wedding bands and did our marriage counseling with my husband's military chaplain.  However, the chaplain was assigned to another base, so on a non-drill weekend, we drove four hours to the other base only to discover we had forgotten to pack the wedding bands!  I was wearing my engagement ring, so we ran over to a jewelry store and bought a cheap band for my husband to complete the ceremony at the NCO club.  It was just my husband and I and we grabbed another couple who happened to be there at the time (since the friends who were supposed to come with us canceled at the last minute).  It didn't stop us though, we were determined to continue our plans.  Anyway the other couple we picked as our witnesses (they had eloped 20 years previously), so it was spontaneous and nontraditional, but still special.  We spent one night, drove home the next day, and in our apartment exchanged our wedding bands.  However, fifteen years later, my engagement ring and my husband's simple band have more significance and meaning than our more expensive wedding bands.

Thus, the writers could have done anything to make Lenny's wedding special, even if it was nontraditional.  However, they need to use more of an "us against the world" attitude.

Well thank God you finally got married.  See now that is how one could make a nontraditional marriage funny (hope I don't offend you).

And yes, less Leonard versus Penny and more Lenny versus everyone else.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Kasey said:

Well thank God you finally got married.  See now that is how one could make a nontraditional marriage funny (hope I don't offend you).

And yes, less Leonard versus Penny and more Lenny versus everyone else.

No offense taken.  We got married in December 2000, and nine months later after September 11, 2001, my husband was activated and deployed overseas (I guess another reason I can relate to Howard and Bernadette).  My wedding was not perfect, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Edited by Touche
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

-But nothing changes the fact, the wedding sucked.

-But at least an isolated moment without interruption.

-That's not a fact, that's an opinion.

-You got that with the vows.  Just not the I do's and commencement kiss.

1 hour ago, Touche said:

-Even if it wasn't traditional, they could have still eloped under better circumstances.

-However, they need to use more of an "us against the world" attitude.

-Except the point of the story WASN'T better circumstances.

-Why should internal problems be ignored then?  I feel they did that when they decided to get married under less than ideal terms but are fine with them actually being married.

4 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

I can't.  But I can point out bs if I feel it is, and so can anyone else.

With all due respect, feelings aren't bs and I'm really offended that anyone would respond to a post about feelings stating that they could point out bs as anyone else.  The inference is glaringly apparent to me. 

And just to clarify, I do not think that feelings and opinions are the same thing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

-Let's see if you understand me: I hated the Lenny wedding as shown and would have loved a traditional wedding, the type that has been done 1,000,000 times, because Leonard and Penny would have made it special.

-The shit we saw is impossible to be made special no matter who's involved. Got it? Hope so.

-You know that for absolute certainty?

-My aunt and uncle got married in a vegas chapel 6 years ago, just the 2 of them, and it was recorded.  It was beautiful enough for what it was. 4 months later there was a reception for them.  So no it's not impossible to make it special.

Meka honestly stop beinh a control freak. Honestly over you Arguing everyone's point. Your inccesant need to have the last word is getting old. You seem to think yout opinion outweighs e everyone. The wedding was shit, thats an opinion thr majority share.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

The wedding was shit, thats an opinion thr majority share.

The internet doesn't necessarily equal the majority.

Also where did I try to outweigh Nibbler's response to me (or try to get the last word in) above?

3 hours ago, Kasey said:

-Operative word "think" - that's an opinion not a feeling.

It still qualifies as someone who FEELS a specific way about a group of people.

Edited by meka3000

Here is what I wish would happen:

Leonard and Penny would have a reception with all their friends and family, and at some point in the evening they would show the recording of their wedding in full.  That way, we would finally get to see the ring exchange and their first kiss as husband and wife.  They could use only first names to keep from revealing Penny's last name.  Not everyone uses full names at their wedding, and considering it was a less formal Vegas wedding, it would not be unbelievable to viewers.  They would obviously have to shoot additional scenes in their wedding clothes, but it would be so worth the trouble.  I think even casual viewers still feel ripped off by the wedding the writers gave us.

I doubt the writers would do something like this, but it would go a long way towards undoing the damage done by the disasterous mess they gave us in the premiere.  I wanted a wedding I could watch and rewatch.  What I got was an episode I watched twice and haven't wanted to see since.  At least the vows were genuine, heartfelt and pure Lenny.  

Edited by Rajamon
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I haven't re-watched Lenny's wedding once. That's how disappointed I was with the whole thing. 

Well, it was filmed right after the final S8 episode ended as was apparent with Kaley's hair. Hair was short during the wedding and after their return to Pasadena, she already had longer hair in a short braid.

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic