The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

LOL! old sailor, I am so with you! FanFiction is coming in a drizzle, writer's block is nasty, I'm not over the finale, so I've been hitting the peach schnapps on this lonely, humid night!

Sláinte!

It's Sunday so margaritas and 2 hours of bbt reruns
  • Like 1

OK I thought I was. That's cool though, I found my posts. I am not here to do anything but support Team Hofsteder!

Me too. You get used to it. This is the lenny appreciation thread so posts might get moved if the moderators feels it not supportive of Lenny. I thought our post were team lenny but also had our doubts. Oh well. It's all good.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Some of my posts moved as well, so welcome in the club.

How about Shania Twain's You're Still The One?Please.

Or Shania Twain - From This Moment On

• Like 1

Since I'm probably older than most here how about Happy together by the turtles

• Like 4

It's excellent choice.

Sorry guys fell asleep on the sofa. Its late and got work in the morning. Great songs. Will put up those choices tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

Great choice!

Beautiful songs by a beautiful woman for a beautiful couple!
  • Like 3

If Lenny keeps on being degraded I WILL quit the show. I must say that I really did NOT enjoy season 8, and except for a handful of episodes I could have done without TBBT. Believe me it saddens me to say, but it's true. Of course I watch it for all the stories, but Lenny goodness is central to my enjoyment of the show.

• Like 6

Yeah, something that has been annoying me about a lot of different shows, not just this one, is the way they stall romantic relationships for the sake of having "storylines" for the later seasons. It's why I tend to prefer shows that begin with a set number of seasons and clear outline for the course of the story. Realistically, Leonard and Penny would have gotten married at the end of S6/start of S7. Penny's fear of commitment might have been said verbally, but it wasn't really shown. The first two proposals had some pretty obvious reasons to be turned down and it's not that uncommon for one partner to say they love them before the other is ready, especially when they hadn't been dating for very long. Plus, she entered the pilot as a 21-year-old who just got out of a four year relationship, with a man she uprooted her entire life in Nebraska with. So, yeah, that didn't feel like a real character trait, just a stalling tactic and a lousy one at that. 

Anywho, I've been thinking about the Vegas wedding, and have a question for my fellow Lenny fans (all in the spirit of fun).

Would you rather these circumstances?

image.jpg

Spur the moment, just the two of them, unresolved issues. Basically, the finale canon. 

Or these? 

PennyLeonardWeddingBaby.jpg

In a church, all their family and friends, Leonard grinning like mad, Penny with long hair and carrying a set of quadruplets, perhaps uncomfortable that she hasn't broken the family tradition of pregnancy before marriage. 

• Like 6

I like the church wedding idea but I think the writers will just make a small event kind of an unimportant thing

• Like 2

Yeah, church wedding. But only with a pink haired Penny! LOL

ps: ''Your hair is different.

You changed your hair.
        I can't take this.
        I'm out.'' 

Problem (Sheldon) solved.... :cool:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2

This runs so against what many of my fellow Leonard/Penny enthusiasts wish for, but I prefer a wedding with them alone. All of their best moments have been that way. No one(for comedic purposes) denigrating the relationship. No Sheldon to remind us that Penny was a slut and a drunk and that Leonard's intelligence and life work are severely lacking. No Howard & Raj taking bets as to how long the marriage will last.

Just the two of them looking into each other's eyes, saying "I do" and BOTH crying a little. Also don't care about wedding planning or meeting additional family members--sorry--just Leonard & Penny please.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Penny and Leonars are the best when they are just two of them.I think they will get married in some kind unique way. Like their engagement was unique - Penny lost her job, was upset, fought with Leonard about getting married or not, finally they accepted get marriage, after a while Leonard knelt and proposed with a ring. I think Lenny’s fans excepted something bigger, a romantic dinner in restaurant or in apartment or something.

Their wedding will be one of a kind as well. There will be no church wedding, no family and friends or only family or only friends. The day when they say “I do” will be a surprise, We will not anticipate when that coming.

Edited by Norman
  • Like 5

I'm with hokie3457. Their best moments has always been just the two of them. Looking into each other eyes as the world stops around them for a minute. As they bath in the sunshine that is Lenny the force field that brought them together time and time again (while everyone one else doubts their love) protecting them from the forces of those evils that have tried and failed to break the special bond that is lenny.

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 7

I agree that when Leonard and Penny are shown alone it is magical.The Penny you know I love you scene from 6.08 shows this magic. Johnny and Kaley are just great together on the screen.

• Like 7

How about Shania Twain's You're Still The One?Please.

As Promised. :)

https://youtu.be/fMmqh4Ut_Uo

https://youtu.be/pOzAsDHXykA

:)

https://youtu.be/wHUNoUFrh6E

• Like 3

Regarding songs, maybe something like this:

From Leonard to Penny:

Richard Marx - Now And Forever

I must digress with all my fellow Lennies. I want a wedding with everything, huge and pompous, amazing and titillating and while TPTB will not be able to stop themselves from putting in something funny, I want the important moments o be given all the weight and reverence they deserve. And I want both Leonard to cry, and for Penny to cry even more than Leonard, and him asking: why are you crying so much? Are you OK? And her answering: "It's just that you are what I always wanted, I loved yu even before I knew I loved you. You are my everything."

• Like 8

I must digress with all my fellow Lennies. I want a wedding with everything, huge and pompous, amazing and titillating and while TPTB will not be able to stop themselves from putting in something funny, I want the important moments o be given all the weight and reverence they deserve. And I want both Leonard to cry, and for Penny to cry even more than Leonard, and him asking: why are you crying so much? Are you OK? And her answering: "It's just that you are what I always wanted, I loved yu even before I knew I loved you. You are my everything."

That would be an amazing scene! I think this 53 yr old construction worker would have tears in his eyes too!
  • Like 4

That would be an amazing scene! I think this 53 yr old construction worker would have tears in his eyes too!

Of course that would be an amazing. We all Lenny's fans would have tears in our eyes. So all hands to the pumps writers!

• Like 1