The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

Just now, son-goku5 said:

Be fair, she knows that it's in May ^^

S9 well be done by May im presuming. So no chance of A LeonArd bday. 

I don't think the season schedule has changed that much she threw him a party in season 1 or 2 so his birthday should still be during the season

14 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I don't think the season schedule has changed that much she threw him a party in season 1 or 2 so his birthday should still be during the season

Ill paraphrase its not Sheldon s bday lol. But yeah maybe. But if she cant remember the day he was born. Unlikely 

• Like 1

I would love to see a birthday party for Leonard in episode 9.24 (air date should be in May) planned by Penny.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The only bad part is TPTB screwed up Penny's age. 

How so? She said she met them when she was 22, that was Kaley's age as well, wasn't it? Or do you mean in the episode itself?

I believe it was indirectly mentioned in the staircase episode 3.22 which was May of 2010. Leonard mentioned knowing Sheldon for 7 years which would make it approximately may 2003. Leonard mentioned getting his Ph.D. at 24. Assuming moving in with Sheldon shortly after graduation and I would estimate Leonard being at 37 turning 38 in May. In regards to Penny the math may be off but by less than a year. If She met Leonard in September 2007 and was 22 odds are she was born in 1985 unless she was born in October November or December 1984. That would most likely put her age at 30 possibly 31. I think most on this thread know Kaley was born November 30 1985 which would have put her real age as 21 for the first episode.

8 hours ago, luminous said:

So 1980 is more than likely not Leonard's real year of birth, as some biographies state. But it would be still possible to link Leonard's year of birth and month of birth to Star Wars. The first Star Wars movie (Episode IV) was released in May 1977.

Born in May 1977 would make him 38 years old as of February 2016.

But wait a moment, if Leonard was born on May 1980, he would be 36 years old on May 1986, wouldn't he?

7 hours ago, JE7 said:

One question, though. What episode was when she threw him the birthday party? I don't mean the name, but the number.

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I believe it was indirectly mentioned in the staircase episode 3.22 which was May of 2010. Leonard mentioned knowing Sheldon for 7 years which would make it approximately may 2003. Leonard mentioned getting his Ph.D. at 24. Assuming moving in with Sheldon shortly after graduation and I would estimate Leonard being at 37 turning 38 in May. In regards to Penny the math may be off but by less than a year. If She met Leonard in September 2007 and was 22 odds are she was born in 1985 unless she was born in October November or December 1984. That would most likely put her age at 30 possibly 31. I think most on this thread know Kaley was born November 30 1985 which would have put her real age as 21 for the first episode.

But some people will say the year they are closer to in regards to their age, as for example Penny saying she was 22 in September, even if she was technically going to be 21 for 2 more months.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carlos said:

But wait a moment, if Leonard was born on May 1980, he would be 36 years old on May 1986, wouldn't he?

One question, though. What episode was when she threw him the birthday party? I don't mean the name, but the number.

Season 1 Episode 16

http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Peanut_Reaction

1.16 the peanut reaction(Howard). They only had 17 episodes the first season because of the writers strike. I agree about Penny and her age.

Edited by Chrismo

I googled it and The Peanut Butter reaction aired on May 12, 2008, so if they wanted to, TPTB could actually do a birthday for Leonard within the season. Not that I would see the point at this stage, but...

finally got round to watching the latest episode as I had nothing better to do. ☺ It was funny especially the Lenny bits and I seriously do not get why some posters are upset that Penny got angry with Leonard for throwing fries and confetti at her. I think what tptb were getting at here was that Penny is missing her youth and is finding it difficult adjusting to being older and wanted to do something fun that reminded her of her younger self. But the truth to be told she proved in those scenes that a 20 something penny would have found that fun and participated in throwing them back. But now in her 30s even though it would have been fun she didn't find it funny because she is older and what she found funny back then is not funny as she though it will be now. She is still trying to clinch to her younger days it's like things she reminisce about in previous episodes that she enjoyed and found funny and wished she could do it again like the flirting, referencing back to being doable but when the guy didn't see her as young she took it badly. Tptb are given Penny the chance to realise it isn't as fun now as back in the days because penny is older. The moral of the story is penny is probably going through a mini midlife crisis and needs to accept she is not 22 anymore and embrace her grown up self who has a career and responsibilities now and there is a lot of different kind of grownup fun and new things to experience, the sooner she realised this the better she can get pass it and then begin to plan her future with her husband. Another visit to Dr Gallo’s office me think.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Well we know The 17th episode well be 200th. So 7 eps After that. Maybe but I doubt it well season finalie. Maybe. Prob some drama. Like who went in Sheldons room. Well we already know that answer lol. Final scene of s9 Sheldon walks in his room Lenny are in his bed da da da lol. I dont know.

On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 8:54 AM, hokie3457 said:

love how she went for his hand to get them out of there.

could have said LETS GO.

Yes! One of the many little things that make up the Leonard/Penny wonderfulness!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Penny's best dress! (Leonard is looking very dashing here as well!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

I think this one gives it a run for it's money.

img-thing.jpe

• Like 3

LOL...Lenny set damage.

Steve noted in an earlier post that they are still finding bits of confetti on set weeks later.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Carlos said:

But some people will say the year they are closer to in regards to their age, as for example Penny saying she was 22 in September, even if she was technically going to be 21 for 2 more months.

I think your math is correct.

Steve Malaro mentioned before season 6 that Penny was growing up and that she was almost six years younger than Leonard.  Since we know Penny's birthday is December 2, 1985 that means she is now 30 years old and Leonard will be 36 this May. Penny was 21 years and 10 months when the show started and Leonard was 27 years and 4 months.

I believe the conversation about Leonard being closer to 40 than 30 is technically correct but is still implying that he could be older. Maybe they were trying to make the age of Leonard closer to Johnny's age (40). The writers were really getting cutesy with the inside jokes during that conversation, like Kaley's love of "The Bachelor".

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 4

Appropos of nothing. I just caught up some and am only five episodes behind. So far I'm not unhappy at all with what is happening to Team H, except that there hasn't been enough of it and they may have two bedrooms and apparently a lodger.  If you walked in without the background you'd ask why is the married couple sharing their apartment with the tall dude.  Also they have travelled the snark path a bit with Penny - but Leonard looks happy enough. I laughed at Leonard's "oh yeah. He has a tuba" in "Earworm".  Penny doesn't know everything. And I thought the "Slutty Carrot" stuff was funny  - but really the last bit with the crowd walking in says why they need their own house. A  man should be able to strut around in his wife's gear for her delectation and amusement without gatgecrashers.

• Like 9

I really, really want Leonard and Penny to have a family dinner. At least introduce Penny's mom! Lisa Kudrow isn't doing her web show anymore and currently has no projects (according to IMDB). No, I'm not letting go of that. There's no way this wouldn't be hysterically funny. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I really, really want Leonard and Penny to have a family dinner. At least introduce Penny's mom! Lisa Kudrow isn't doing her web show anymore and currently has no projects (according to IMDB). No, I'm not letting go of that. There's no way this wouldn't be hysterically funny. 

Well Lisa hypothetically be introduced this season? I know ppl disagree . But Lisa is perfect imo. Hold it at 4a.

It would be really great to see Penny's mom...and Leonard's father on this occasion. Many names have been mentioned to play these characters. My favorites: Lisa Kudrow (Penny's mother, would perfectly fit imho) and Eugene Levy (Leonard's father)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I genuinely don't know many actresses who are better at comedy than Lisa Kudrow.

Yeah exactly. To me that means more then. Resemblances. 

We know Penny's mom smoked weed will pregnant with Penny and she is not the oldest child, her mom sounds like just the kind of hippie that could well make Sheldon's head explode :icon_cheesygrin:

It'd be funny if it turned out that the reason we've never met Penny's mom is because Penny's completely embarrassed by her, but of course Leonard would just love her and vice versa.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

It'd be funny if it turned out that the reason we've never met Penny's mom is because Penny's completely embarrassed by her, but of course Leonard would just love her and vice versa.

Like Penny and wyatt? Not that Pennys embarrassed by him. Just that Leonard and Wyatt got on. Johnny told Kaley once The guy who played Wyatt texted him. And Kaley felt betrayed lol