[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New drawing. I hope it's not too corny and you enjoy it.

As already announced...here's my newest drawing. It's part 1 of 2. Part 2 follows later today. I hope you enjoy.

OK guys. New drawing. Because I had the time. Leonard and Penny arriving at the restaurant. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Images

I thought what was really great was during the drinking game Amy said something about rocking his girlfriends world during sex and when Leonard looked at Penny she told him he could take a drink too.  It has been a long time since she admitted he was good in bed and satisfied her, I think the last time she said he was good in bed was season 3.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SRAM said:

I thought what was really great was during the drinking game Amy said something about rocking his girlfriends world during sex and when Leonard looked at Penny she told him he could take a drink too.  It has been a long time since she admitted he was good in bed and satisfied her, I think the last time she said he was good in bed was season 3.

I'm sure they're still breaking beds and all kinds of other furniture. :icon_wink:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

So Lenny bit they get into a fight. At the cabin in the woods. Because Leonard reveals a secret. He has a secret bank acc. Leonard follows Penny to her bedroom. TO Apologise. Penny.then reveals shes been keeping a secret from.Leonard too. She hates her job. Penny then tells Leonard the reason I.didnt tell you. Is "I know how important me being successfull is to you" (:icon_redface:). Effectively she kept the job for LeonArd. Pennys then like would you support me if I went back to.acting? Leonard is like of course I would. But is that what you want? Pennys like no. Leonard's like "oh thank god" lol. Then Leonard's like referencing the drinking game. "Ive never had sex in the woods when its raining". Penny leans in seductively to kiss Leonard. Then is like I need another drink and walks out lol.

I'm disappointed the writers won't let her go back to acting.  So now she hates her job and doesn't want to go back to acting, she is stuck, that is sort of depressing for the character.

But that remark about her needing to drink because she had sex in the rain before reminds me too much about the scene with the money on the bed from last season.

• Like 2

I can't wait to see how the cabin bedroom scene turns out on screen.

After reading the information and reports of last night's taping, I must say Penny's occasional scoffing has no meaning for me anymore. It's just empty talk. Why do I think this? Well...by keeping a job Penny hates to the point of being unhappy, because she has the feeling to be successful for Leonard, it's shown to me that her world revolves around Leonard. Therefore I think it's safe to say, that Leonard's significance for Penny hasn't decreased one iota. Instead, I think the words in this cabin bedroom confirm that Lenny are in love and inextricably linked with each other.

Based on this talk I hope the writers don't let Penny stuck in this job she hates. With one further season that is fixed and a further season that is not unlikely, Penny could get some interesting plots, especially regarding her career.

• Like 6

Hope the scenes play well on screen for our couple. Don't think the writers will ever write Penny as sweet to Leonard in group settings. They think her snark remarks are funny. Sort of like they'll never completely drop the jokes about her drinking or her sexual 'experience'!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4everlenny said:

Hope the scenes play well on screen for our couple. Don't think the writers will ever write Penny as sweet to Leonard in group settings. They think her snark remarks are funny. Sort of like they'll never completely drop the jokes about her drinking or her sexual 'experience'!

A girl can hope. Leonard needs a little more love.:kissing:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

A girl can hope. Leonard needs a little more love.:kissing:

Yes he does! That's the frustrating part. They've changed her enough that she became friends with Sheldon. Wish they'd soften her a bit to be publicly affectionate to the man she loves.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, luminous said:

I can't wait to see how the cabin bedroom scene turns out on screen.

After reading the information and reports of last night's taping, I must say Penny's occasional scoffing has no meaning for me anymore. It's just empty talk. Why do I think this? Well...by keeping a job Penny hates to the point of being unhappy, because she has the feeling to be successful for Leonard, it's shown to me that her world revolves around Leonard. Therefore I think it's safe to say, that Leonard's significance for Penny hasn't decreased one iota. Instead, I think the words in this cabin bedroom confirm that Lenny are in love and inextricably linked with each other.

Based on this talk I hope the writers don't let Penny stuck in this job she hates. With one further season that is fixed and a further season that is not unlikely, Penny could get some interesting plots, especially regarding her career.

Didn't she also say she continues working there because she has bills and debts to pay? I don't see it as her doing that because she tries to impress Leonard but because she is conscious about the fact that while she would love to be an actress, she never really had a continuously paying acting job to pay her bills.

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I hope if she finds a job she likes it'll sweeten her up a bit. She's been a bit cranky, imo.:girlmad:

Just an idea. Maybe she is cranky because of her dissatisfaction with her job, and takes it out on Leonard. But now, that Leonard knows about this, they could work on that issue to eliminate the cause for Penny's crankiness.

As I wrote above, I don't see a lack of love as the cause for the scoffing and the snarky comments.

Having said that, I most certainly don't have any objections against more affection from Penny towards Leonard. :tender: A little more love is always a good thing! em53.gif

• Like 8

hey guys! i posted my TR of last night's TR on Discussion if you are interested, I think the Lenny scenes were fun even though snarky Penny is still out there. As a lightweight Lenny shipper I see her behavior towards Leonard as just one of those things where its fun for her to tease him, and he kinda plays along as the wounded hubby. just my take on it.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, son-goku5 said:

Didn't she also say she continues working there because she has bills and debts to pay? I don't see it as her doing that because she tries to impress Leonard but because she is conscious about the fact that while she would love to be an actress, she never really had a continuously paying acting job to pay her bills.

Yes, according to the taping records, she said both things. Keeping the job the whole time because she has the feeling to be successful for Leonard, and continuing to work as a sales rep to pay off her debt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

Yes, according to the taping records, she said both things. Keeping the job the whole time because she has the feeling to be successful for Leonard, and continuing to work as a sales rep to pay off her debt.

yup...i got the sense that this is kinda wrapping up the conversation she had with the psychologist where Penny takes stock of where she is at with her life. she wanted to be a successful actress, not a pharmaceutical rep. I think Leonard's comment during the cabin drinking game hit home and reinforced that she NEEDS this job and cant just throw it away just yet.

Penny tells Leonard keeping the job is the grown up thing to do, and I felt a little sad for her. But she is right, and the real world makes a lot of us make similar choices in life. Our gal is coming to terms with it, and its a little sad while also being a proud moment (as Leonard states when he tells her he is proud of her).

Im not sure weve seen the last of her acting career though, but for now Penny has a "mountain of debt" to erase.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

hey guys! i posted my TR of last night's TR on Discussion if you are interested, I think the Lenny scenes were fun even though snarky Penny is still out there. As a lightweight Lenny shipper I see her behavior towards Leonard as just one of those things where its fun for her to tease him, and he kinda plays along as the wounded hubby. just my take on it.

Thanks for your elaborated report. I really appreciate it. :shy:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, luminous said:

Ehhhhh ...

Ever since I read the TR last night, I've been having trouble wrapping my mind around this one (not unlike the psychology of Leonard self-sabotaging his relationship with Penny so he kisses Mandy) errr, what? Come again?

Penny stays unhappily at a job because she wants or needs Leonard to see her as successful? Am I getting that right?

If Leonard loved her from the moment he first met her when she was a waitress writing a screenplay about a girl coming from Lincoln, Nebraska to LA to be an actress but worked at The Cheesecake Factory but, no, it wasn't autobiographical because she's from Omaha, it really makes me wonder where Penny is getting this 'I need to be successful to make Leonard proud of me' is coming from.

Like I said, to me, it feels rather jarring and makes me kinda squeamish about the Lenny relationship.

Any clarification that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Ehhhhh ...

Ever since I read the TR last night, I've been having trouble wrapping my mind around this one (not unlike the psychology of Leonard self-sabotaging his relationship with Penny so he kisses Mandy) errr, what? Come again?

Penny stays unhappily at a job because she wants or needs Leonard to see her as successful? Am I getting that right?

If Leonard loved her from the moment he first met her when she was a waitress writing a screenplay about a girl coming from Lincoln, Nebraska to LA to be an actress but worked at The Cheesecake Factory but, no, it wasn't autobiographical because she's from Omaha, it really makes me wonder where Penny is getting this 'I need to be successful to make Leonard proud of me' is coming from.

Like I said, to me, it feels rather jarring and makes me kinda squeamish about the Lenny relationship.

while she enjoyed seeing Leonard happy with her success, and that DID mean something to her, the scene as I saw it was more about her NEEDING the job to pay off all her debt even though she wasnt happy...and she tells Leonard it was important that she makes the "grown up" decision to keep it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Ayup...i got the sense that this is kinda wrapping up the conversation she had with the psychologist where Penny takes stock of where she is at with her life. she wanted to be a successful actress, not a pharmaceutical rep. I think Leonard's comment during the cabin drinking game hit home and reinforced that she NEEDS this job and cant just throw it away just yet.

Penny tells Leonard keeping the job is the grown up thing to do, and I felt a little sad for her. But she is right, and the real world makes a lot of us make similar choices in life. Our gal is coming to terms with it, and its a little sad while also being a proud moment (as Leonard states when he tells her he is proud of her).

Im not sure weve seen the last of her acting career though, but for now Penny has a "mountain of debt" to erase.

I hope you are right and TPTB let her go back to do some acting.

A BTS question, did Johnny and Kaley talk and hang around together like you said Jim and Mayim did?

Edited by SRAM

I have a feeeling as Leonard is her world. Shes protective of it. Almost like she needs to maintain her core in group settings. Almost like she struggles to be all romantic with.Leonard publically. Its just her character. And  its Just a long running gag and trope. Snarky wife. Long suffering Husband lol. But its clear to me they are so in love. I know we wish for happy Lenny all the time. And Happy Penny. And her being all loved up with Leonard. And not so cranky. But thats not life. As the relationship has always been so realistically written. I find it while hard sometimes. Refreshing to seeing an actual realistic couple. Dealing with the pitfalls of growing older and being married.

Its not la dee da. Drinking coffee at central perk. But Its what grown ups do :icon_cheesygrin:. I see it as more Penny aware the grown up thing to do is keep the job. I love how less needy Leonard is now. No co dependency. Now. Hes supporting but not holding her hand. Kinda sad for her character. She should do something that makes her happy. But once again. The realism aspect of the show. Sometimes in life you need to do things you dont love to make ends meet. And love tptb are showing that. I think acting could play a part in season finalie. They planted a seed. Im.sure someone like Vasu. Well go oh its typical Leonard. Keeping a secret. That untrustworthy ratbag. Penny.well dump his ass end of season. Lol. But what can you do.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Ehhhhh ...

5Miss, my take on the scene was typical old school Penny---the "I'm not good enough for him" thing we had in the early days.  No matter how much Leonard adores the ground she walks on, there is always that inner voice telling her she falls short of the sort of woman he deserves/wants/needs.  I tell myself that is what is behind a bit of the snark that we see from her--putting up a brave front to hide that insecurity....

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

5Miss, my take on the scene was typical old school Penny---the "I'm not good enough for him" thing we had in the early days.  No matter how much Leonard adores the ground she walks on, there is always that inner voice telling her she falls short of the sort of woman he deserves/wants/needs.  I tell myself that is what is behind a bit of the snark that we see from her--putting up a brave front to hide that insecurity....

Penny has a lack of self worth. And self actualization. Shes still so insecure. I.saw it as oh if I dont keep this job. Leonard well dump me and find someone better. Do ppl now see how important Leonard is to her more THEN anything or anyone. I really think Penny needs to see a therapist on a regular basis. She clearly has tons of deep seeded psychological issues. So to me her snark towards Leonard. Is her putting up a front. Can Leonard break her down lol. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

while she enjoyed seeing Leonard happy with her success, and that DID mean something to her, the scene as I saw it was more about her NEEDING the job to pay off all her debt even though she wasnt happy...and she tells Leonard it was important that she makes the "grown up" decision to keep it.

23 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Penny has a lack of self worth. And self actualization. Shes still so insecure. I.saw it as oh if I dont keep this job. Leonard well dump me and find someone better. Do ppl now see how important Leonard is to her more THEN anything or anyone. I really think Penny needs to see a therapist on a regular basis. She clearly has tons of deep seeded psychological issues. So to me her snark towards Leonard. Is her putting up a front. Can Leonard break her down lol. 

Thank you, guys. I think I need to see the scene played out to catch the wonderful nuance that Johnny and Kaley give to their scenes together. Need to mull this over a bit more ... something feels ... off-ish.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Both Penny and Leonard feel insecure about whether or not they're good enough for each other. It's never been different between them, so Penny wanting to impress her husband seems perfectly in character to me. I think Penny doesn't think too highly of herself, so she projects those fears and insecurities on Leonard. Should they both be over those insecurities after dating for several years? Possibly, except those fears aren't about the other person. Penny thinking she's not good enough for Leonard is about her and what she expects of herself. Leonard can't fix that no matter how many times he tells her he loves her, and vice versa. No one can make you love yourself. That needs to come from you.

Hence why she needs thearpy lol. I think.Leonard makes her happy so much. Its makes her gloom.inside of her. Suddenly glows out of her. Obviously her relationship with her father impacted her relationships. Just like Leonards relationship with his mother impacted his. Hence why they are so lucky they found each other. They are like kindred spirits, soul mates. Always had this unspoken bond. But penny's always had this lack of trust within herself. But like you said their insecurities are mutual. And they dont come from.each other. But within. How is Penny going to stop projecting her fears onto Leonard? Dont know. Acting to me is the only way she well get self worth. That was her dream. And I still think it hurts her she failed. I.still think the doors open their. And I know shes an.adult. And she.cant be chasing pipe.dreams bla bla bla lol. But what's the alternative stick with something you hate out of responsibility. Or do.something even medial. Say co.starring in some cult nerdy thing. Or getting a supporting role in a movie. If ThAt fills her with joy. Something she desires. It can only be good things for her relationship with Leonard.

• Like 3