[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

23 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Never. Continuity is getting screwed again. Royally.

But after the stiff drink, wouldn't you become a glass completely person? :icon_cheesygrin:

This is absolutely pathetic that Penny would side with Sheldon instead of with her husband in this. If I were Leonard I'd tell Penny, listen honey I'll make it really simple for you: you either move with me the hell away from this maniac right here right now or we're done. I've been married almost for 24 years now, but 2 months after we got married my wife wanted to have a member of her family who was immigrating to the US (legally) to come live with us because obviously he didn't have any money and things would be tough for him for some time. I told her no and told her that I had married her and not her family. My point is that you have to know when to take an us against the world attitude and screw all the rest, and defend this new life that you've created against anything and everything. I don't think that's what's Lenny's doing.

Obviously if this was real world that would happen but this TBBT world. As you might of sensed or read many posts have been moved because of support only for Leonard. I understand what your saying but all of this is stalling the eventual move. does it make sense compared to what Penny has said in the past? Of course not. Obviously there not leaving the building but could easily move to 4b. As to this whole messy situation there's plent of blame to be shared.

• Like 1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New drawing. I hope it's not too corny and you enjoy it.

As already announced...here's my newest drawing. It's part 1 of 2. Part 2 follows later today. I hope you enjoy.

OK guys. New drawing. Because I had the time. Leonard and Penny arriving at the restaurant. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Images

I hope they bring back Leonard and the guys dress up as superheros for comicon convention episode and penny and the girls dress up too, the girls go all nerdy. Hey never hurts to dream :-)        sorry did deviate s bit off topic here

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Never. Continuity is getting screwed again. Royally.

But after the stiff drink, wouldn't you become a glass completely person? :icon_cheesygrin:

This is absolutely pathetic that Penny would side with Sheldon instead of with her husband in this. If I were Leonard I'd tell Penny, listen honey I'll make it really simple for you: you either move with me the hell away from this maniac right here right now or we're done. I've been married almost for 24 years now, but 2 months after we got married my wife wanted to have a member of her family who was immigrating to the US (legally) to come live with us because obviously he didn't have any money and things would be tough for him for some time. I told her no and told her that I had married her and not her family. My point is that you have to know when to take an us against the world attitude and screw all the rest, and defend this new life that you've created against anything and everything. I don't think that's what's Lenny's doing.

Fellow lennies, we all know the long running joke of tbbt, " leonard never catches a break " even with penny. She loves Leonard dearly, but for some reason she tends favor sheldon, more like sister/brother approach. I am not in any shape or form criticizing penny. As a lennie I would never do that.

• Like 1

Was just reading an article where it affirms that dr. Hofstadter lacks any affection for Leonard; I am sure penny will support her husband. Poor, the black sheep  the family. On the same article kaley indicates that she does want penny to go to acting. So what career change is penny going to now? I guess become psychologist. 

I meant to say, poor guy the black sheep of the family Leonard is

Meant to say , kaley does not want penny to go back to acting

6 hours ago, Carlos said:

But after the stiff drink, wouldn't you become a glass completely empty person? :icon_cheesygrin:

Yes...BUT having a nice stock of drinks, I can refill my glass at any time. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cAntonio Santos said:

Was just reading an article where it affirms that dr. Hofstadter lacks any affection for Leonard; I am sure penny will support her husband. Poor, the black sheep  the family. On the same article kaley indicates that she does want penny to go to acting. So what career change is penny going to now? I guess become psychologist. 

I meant to say, poor guy the black sheep of the family Leonard is

Meant to say , kaley does not want penny to go back to acting

It would just be another inconsistency. Penny herself has admitted that she sucks at acting (when she went to that audition in S8, she told the girls that she stunk up the place).

And psychology, why not? she was taking classes.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

^^^^This also!!  This is exactly what I think is going on with Penny and it's so sad that some on here, especially the Lennies, can't see it.  I think she's medaphorically "hiding" behind Sheldon and it's not Leonard she's hiding from but the reality of her life and right now she's having a struggle within herself.  On one hand, she's looking back at her old life and seeig it through rose colored glasses and then there's the "grown up" side that's fighting to get through but she's having to fight the "care free commitment phobe" that still has one breath left.  

Once Sheldon steps away and more towards Amy to the point that Penny can no longer hide behind him, she's going to be faced with reality once and for all and is going to be faced with a choice to make.  

Either take Leonard's hand and embrace her life completely or bolt.  And in the end, I think she's going to take a deep breath and do the former.

One good thing about her mother role with Sheldon....we're getting a preview of what a great mom she WILL be when those smart & beautiful babies do come along.

The posting above is from the Shamy thread.

Yes, Penny has to make a choice. And the way up to that point is probably full of angst and drama, because the writers seem to like that. But I think in the end she will definitely choose Leonard. :shy:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

I think it's safe to say that luminous is secure in his position as our official Lenny artist!

Well, I have to admit, that I lost interest in drawing Lenny pictures at the moment because of the latest TR. :(

...hoping for better times. :paint:

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Wasn't Penny the one that gave in during that Episode too, because she felt sorry for the big baby?

No.  It was Bernadette because she felt sorry for Amy and Penny agreed.

4 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

No.  It was Bernadette because she felt sorry for Amy and Penny agreed.

Yeah you're right I stand corrected, but when Leonard challenged her for that she did tell him to give in which was a weird 180 since she was the one to push him to buy it in the first place.  It was actually a very cute moment for them to shop together for furniture, I thought it was funny how he was like "Yes Dear" when she hinted what table he should buy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Well, I have to admit, that I lost interest in drawing Lenny pictures at the moment because of the latest TR.

Completely understand, luminous. I can't draw but love to write and I haven't been able to write or even read anything for several months now as my disappointment is so profound and disenfranchisement nearly complete. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, luminous said:

Yes, Penny has to make a choice. And the way up to that point is probably full of angst and drama, because the writers seem to like that. But I think in the end she will definitely choose Leonard. :shy:

Ofcourse she choose leonard. She choose him, the love of her life.  With all due respect. I find the theory that penny is hiding behind sheldon  so she will not face life tough choices full of non plausibility.  Perhaps penny feels some kind inferior complex due to her friends having PHDs  and she does  not have a vocation per say; but that is why Leonard is there to support her decisions. Tell her " it's okay honey, whatever you do; we do it together, I  will always be here  for you "   I am sorry, but I must defend penny  ( lenny ) from any non plausible theories. 

13 hours ago, luminous said:

I agree, penny will be a wonderful mom one day the beautiful and smart little lennies. :-) 

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment about another ship.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

giphy We'd both like to see them end up together.gif

One thing I have learn, it doesn't matter what the actors think or feel it's all up to the writers/TPTB so anything goes.  I want the Lenny that I fell in love with -- as they are missing in action.

For me Lenny was the best part of the show as each brought out the best in each other most of the time. Where did that Lenny go? :scratchhead:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, cAntonio Santos said:

With all due respect. I find the theory that penny is hiding behind sheldon  so she will not face life tough choices full of non plausibility.  [...] I am sorry, but I must defend penny  ( lenny ) from any non plausible theories.

This looks like, you are talking to me ( I blame it on the board's quoting system). Neither have I postulated this theory, nor do I agree with it. I just quoted it.

But apart from that, yes I really think Penny has to make a choice. Actually others have to make a choice too, or we are stuck in this current situation forever. With the setup from the latest TR it's by all means within the realms of possibility, that we are heading for some kind of decision. And this decision, or rather the result of this decision, could be the cliffhanger for season 9.

Being an incurable optimist at the end of the day, let me say the following in all its naïvety:

I still believe that Leonard and Penny are meant to be together, against all odds.

Because:

They are made of particles that have existed since the moment the universe began. And those atoms traveled fourteen billion years through time and space to create them, so that they could be together and make each other whole.

Period. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by luminous
  • Like 6

If anyone still cares, the first 15 minutes of the Paley Fest are on YouTube (Search: "Paleyfest 2016 - The Big Bang Theory Cast - Part 1") and Johnny and Kaley say really sweet stuff about Lenny. 

• Like 4

On 25.3.2016 at 11:53 AM, SRAM said:

Lenny brought me to the show too.  I saw this guy Leonard who was trying so hard in life, he wasn't born tall, didn't look like jock, and wore glasses, but he did have a brain, so he made the best of what he had.  He did all this while being picked on and having parents who's only support was 'buck up'.  Then to top it off he roommates with a nut case who never learned to care for anyone other than himself, partly because he feels sorry for the guy and partly because he understands him, they have shared similar life experiences growing up.  So Leonard makes something of his life and tries to have as normal a life as possible for him, then along comes Penny.  She is a typical blonde, her only problems in life are not getting caught stealing boyfriends and she doesn't need money because she is cute.  She is a goddess to Leonard, she is the kind of girl who would never look at him twice and it terrifies him to even talk to her.  The story was a fairy tail for nerds, but it was also a show were smart people were the 'cool' guys.  We find out Penny is also smart and more importantly has a heart of gold, she makes friends with these guys, even the nut case, and falls in love with the guy who keeps trying to win her heart.  Now that was a classic love story, a story where the smart people are the winners, and it sucked me right in.

^!This!^  Thank you, SRAM!  :clapping:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, cAntonio Santos said:

Ofcourse she choose leonard. She choose him, the love of her life.  With all due respect. I find the theory that penny is hiding behind sheldon  so she will not face life tough choices full of non plausibility.  Perhaps penny feels some kind inferior complex due to her friends having PHDs  and she does  not have a vocation per say; but that is why Leonard is there to support her decisions. Tell her " it's okay honey, whatever you do; we do it together, I  will always be here  for you "   I am sorry, but I must defend penny  ( lenny ) from any non plausible theories. 

I agree, penny will be a wonderful mom one day the beautiful and smart little lennies. :-) 

Oh you Dewey eyed moon calf... :shy:

Since I'm on a roll let's talk about Leonard and Penny's relationship.  When Leonard first saw her he was infatuated with her and after a little bit had a crush on her.  His saying their 'babies will be smart and beautiful' was silently prefaced with 'if only she could be with me', that is the part we never heard.  However, by the time of the Halloween party, after they got to know each other, Leonard's feelings were turning to love.  Leonard may have forced himself into other relationships and told himself he loved Priya but he had lost his heart to Penny early on and that has never changed.

Penny was interested in Leonard from the beginning, first as a friend, her first new friend after Kurt.  But by the Halloween party things changed, she really kissed him and was ready to sleep with him, the alcohol making her inhibitions go away and letting her desires take over.  It was after that we see a constant pattern with Penny, she still wants to maintain her party girl life but she still wants Leonard available across the hall, no other girl can have him. She pushes Leonard to break up with Stephanie and gives him calm advice on cheating on Priya.  She reacts to Leslie, Slutbunny, and Alex, because no one is allowed to have Leonard but her.  However once she has him she takes him for granted, she has never had to work in a relationship and still doesn't, she is a little selfish, so taking Leonard for granted is what she does, it is why she is so bad in romance.  She wants Leonard, more than anyone she has every wanted, but on her terms.  

So here is just a thought, could season 9 be a combination of the show centering around Sheldon and Penny being Penny and taking Leonard for granted?

• Like 6

A couple of posts have been moved.  Trust me, I get the disappointment and anger.  But we do have threads for those kind of thoughts.  This is for supportive.  And three paragraphs of negativity, and one sentence of good stuff isn't supportive.  

8 minutes ago, Tensor said:

A couple of posts have been moved.  Trust me, I get the disappointment and anger.  But we do have threads for those kind of thoughts.  This is for supportive.  And three paragraphs of negativity, and one sentence of good stuff isn't supportive.  

'Oh, Dear Lord, more rules? Where does it stop? Can I want to talk because I have to want to talk?'  :icon_redface:

o_00145.gif

• Like 5