[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

Tensor

38 minutes ago, loverofallnerdythings394 said:

Regarding the birthday thing, this season finale airs the same day that The Peanut Reaction aired during the first season. Penny said that his birthday was on Saturday so that makes his birthday May 17

What would be wrong if Penny has a flashback and remembers the aborted birthday from years ago so decides to throw her husband a 'Kick-ass' birthday party.  She could even threaten Sheldon to support it again, of course the big surprise would be Leonard's father showing up.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, SRAM said:

What would be wrong if Penny has a flashback and remembers the aborted birthday from years ago so decides to throw her husband a 'Kick-ass' birthday party.  She could even threaten Sheldon to support it again, of course the big surprise would be Leonard's father showing up.

Nothing would be wrong with it. It would be lovely. I don't know who would be more surprised- Leonard or us Lenny fans. :drinks:Here's to a good finale for Lenny!

1 hour ago, loverofallnerdythings394 said:

Didn't Penny say that she wasn't going to say his birthday because saying his password out loud wasn't secure? Although, I haven't rewatched the episodes we've gotten this season, so I'm not really sure haha :)

Yes, but that was to mask the fact that she didn't know the day, even though she knows the month.

6 hours ago, mirs1 said:

In 9x09 Leonard said his birthday is on May 8...

Remind me -- where can this be found? Because 9x09 is The Platonic Permutation, one of the few Season 9 episodes I kept on my DVR and I don't remember this from that episode but I certainly could have missed it. 

13 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Remind me -- where can this be found? Because 9x09 is The Platonic Permutation, one of the few Season 9 episodes I kept on my DVR and I don't remember this from that episode but I certainly could have missed it. 

Wasn't it soon after she couldn't tell the right password? I haven't seen the episode in a while, but I have this distinct memory about Leonard's day of birth...I could have sworn it; sorry if I didn't remember correctly...

Edited by mirs1

7 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Wasn't it soon after she couldn't tell the right password? I haven't seen the episode in a while, but I have this distinct memory about Leonard's day of birth...I could have sworn it; sorry if I didn't remember correctly...

No, he didn't say the day. He asked Penny when his birthday was and she replied "May." to which he returned "May what?". And then came her excuse that she wouldn't state his password out loud.

9 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I guess you mean Pennys birthday...:shy:

Leonard: What number were you putting in? Uh You don't know my birthday, do you?
Penny: Yes, I do.
Leonard: Well, what is it?
Penny: May.
Leonard: May what?
Penny: I'm not gonna say your password out loud. That is not secure.
Leonard: You don't know your own husband's birthday.
Penny: Well you don't know everything about me.
Leonard: Your birthday is December 2, you grew up on Perkins Street, the last four digits of your social are and the odds of me letting you forget this are zero.
Penny: Oh, look at us. Our last Thanksgiving as husband and wife.

12 hours ago, JE7 said:

You can't seriously think that can you???

Long running tbbt joke is " Leonard can never get a break " :-)

40 minutes ago, loverofallnerdythings394 said:

Have you guys seen the two Sneak Peeks for the upcoming episode? I've just watched them and I died laughing at them both.  :icon_cheesygrin:

One more day for the new episode of tbbt, I can't wait. , :-)  these last weeks seemed like an eternity with no tbbt and no lenny.

8 hours ago, loverofallnerdythings394 said:

Have you guys seen the two Sneak Peeks for the upcoming episode? I've just watched them and I died laughing at them both.  :icon_cheesygrin:

Penny: Wouldn't it be funny if after all your years of hard work I'm the one who makes the scientific breakthrough?

Leonard: :huh:

Penny: He doesn't think that's funny.

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Penny: Wouldn't it be funny if after all your years of hard work I'm the one who makes the scientific breakthrough?

Leonard: :huh:

Penny: He doesn't think that's funny.

For me, good news, bad news. They were cute, shared a warm greeting and little peck on the cheek. :kissing: The banter wasn't harsh or mean. There were lots of smiles. But, the comparison between Beverly and Penny ? Not funny, not good, not what I ever want to hear. :girlimpossible:

I'd love another visit to the lab like this one!

giphy Take your clothes off.gif

Watched the sneak peak:

Love the role reversal in Penny cracking a joke, that Leonard CLEARLY does not find funny, and Leonard makes sure his wife knows that with the glare he shot her.

11 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

But, the comparison between Beverly and Penny ? Not funny, not good, not what I ever want to hear.

Like Beverly would ever care if she made a joke that crossed a boundary for Leonard.

15 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I thought Penny and Leonard were cute tonight and I enjoyed the episode. We got a little kiss, lots of smiles, flowers, forgiveness and a dinner date. They seemed happy and relaxed in this episode.  It's fun to see them with Bernie and Howard.

SolderExcursionDiversion_E9x19BBT_08.jpg

Kind of funny people complaining about Lenny in unseen episodes but when there good together no one says anything.

48 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Kind of funny people complaining about Lenny in unseen episodes but when there good together no one says anything.

Actually Leonard and Penny, and Howard and Bernadette, seem like normal friends and seem like two normal married couples when they are together, it is only when you include the crazy man that things get weird.   We should note the lack of drama and that Lenny were acting happy together this episode, also that Sheldon wasn't messing with their lives.

Great episode. I love how happy Penny looked when she talked about how her life turned out. 

This is pretty much the only thread where I feel safe to say that. Sort of. I see two people who've made plenty of mistakes in their relationship by doing and saying stupid things but still end up loving each other and making it work. I still see Penny throwing snarky remarks at Sheldon and being annoyed by him even though she does love him as a friend (which after 9 years is kinda the way it should be?). 

Anyway. Leonard and Penny have recently talked about wanting to have kids someday, Penny said she stayed at a job she hates because she thought it was important to her husband, and she said she's happy with the way her life turned out. I guess I just don't see why Leonard must be saved from any of that. 

Have a good weekend, fellow Lennies.

13 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Great episode.

snip...

fellow Lennies.

Feel the same No regrets. I loved tonight's episode and saw a Lenny that were 100% fine.  Penny came to be with her man at work. She stayed to get involved in his work, showing interest in his life which is a constant criticism of her, and didn't get angry about  Leonard and Howard lying ( she'd probably do the same - Disneyland with the girls springs to mind). And the apology was accepted gleefully and off to dinner they went. A perfectly fine married Lenny day.

Are they fine next week? Some same yes, some say no but I'll wait and see how it pans out. Are they a perfect married couple? FAR from it, like most sitcom married couples, from Lucy and Ricky and Ralph and Alice, Archie and Edith in the old days ( yes even  in the idyllic 50s sitcoms had married couples being mean to each other)  to Peg and Al and Phil and Clare in more recent times. TO coin another MIA Lenny who seems to be absent these day,  its not a rom-com. For me there have been plenty of Lenny happy moments and I don't even count the occasional snark from Penny or Leonard. I can post positive support for them any day but its hard when few other can. Everyone feels how they feel so that's fine.

13 hours ago, No Regrets said:

I've developed... 

removed comment edited

...instead.

That describes my state of mind regarding the show very well.

As an incurable optimist and a glass half-full person (attitudes I don't want to give up), and because I prefer to like the show too, I think I will follow your path. :shy:

BTW...I enjoyed last night's episode too. :icon_wink:

Like I stated before, as a standalone episode this was find, Lenny were good together.  It was actually nice to see them acting like a normal married couple.  It made sense that the two married couples would be having fun together especially when they didn't have to deal with the big baby.  The girls showing up with lunch, and to visit their husbands, was priceless and it sort of shows that both of them are happy being married to their men.

We also got to see some Howard and Leonard friendship, Howard is Leonard's oldest/longest friend in the show, so I'm glad when we get to see that dynamic.

However this episode was still just an island of happiness in a sea of snark that has defined the season for Lenny.