[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New drawing. I hope it's not too corny and you enjoy it.

As already announced...here's my newest drawing. It's part 1 of 2. Part 2 follows later today. I hope you enjoy.

OK guys. New drawing. Because I had the time. Leonard and Penny arriving at the restaurant. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Images

The beautiful thing about the Lenny relationship in the show is that so many of their special moments, both happy and sad, have been genuinely emotional but don't detract from the comedy of the specific episode. The moments just make sense.....in the moment. And they don't have to be extended scenes to be magical.

"hi....hi"

"Was this supposed to be a date"

"you're perfect"

"You're a great guy and It's the things you love that make you who you are"

"happy birthday , anyways"

"You know just once I would like to go out with someone who is nice and honest, and who actually cares about me,.... What about me?..........yes, yes I will go out with you"

"Oh, I'm gonna miss you"

"means I wish you weren't going"

"no this isn't fair to you, Leonard, I'm sorry"

"I'm pretty sure it's already over"

" but this, with the costumes, and you" and those looks at each other after Zac kisses her at the NYE party

"goodbye, Leonard"

"yes, and I think we should go anyway"

"sometimes I forget how smart you are"

"she loves me"

the whole Valentine's Day talk after the fight

"of course I did, it's you"

"I don't know what to say. don't say anything. Oh my god"

"I regret not saying yes when you asked me to marry you."

" it's just makes me want to hold your hand and do it with you"

" I don't care. We'll make our own music"

Most just short moments of beautiful emotional goodness between our Lenny. That's all that needed for them to steal the episode. That's what went missing. That's what was so disappointing about the ending of season 8. It was a Lenny solo moment that was so not what Lenny solo moments are meant to be.

And that's all I need for the wedding to be special. Just a truly emotional moment in time like it has been so often over the years. Just losing themselves in the moment and being Lenny in love. Part of me wants it to be solo because they deserve their unspoilt moment when they are at their best. But a part of me wants it to be shared with the others, with them universally, unconditionally, unambiguously, genuinely, sincerely celebrating the unquestionable love these two friends of theirs share. It doesn't have to dominate the episode. Heck, even let Sheldemort have his scene stealing moment, but when it comes to the crunch, just let the wedding be a joyous celebration of Lenny love with nothing but that tender, sweet interaction they have shared with us so many times.

:cry: Big old happy sad Lenny tears running down my cheeks. 

• Like 6

I'm with Strawberry! I'm crying after reading that, Itwas!

But can we take all that and have them get married in the hallway between the two apartments? I just adore that trio: Leonard, Penny, and the Hallway. Magical things happen for them there!

• Like 7

But can we take all that and have them get married in the hallway between the two apartments? I just adore that trio: Leonard, Penny, and the Hallway. Magical things happen for them there!

Loving this line of thinking people! Adore the idea of the hallway as a character. The place where they met (okay she was in the apartment, but....); the place where so many long loving looks took place; the place where she gave him the blanket and hugged him for 5Mississippi's; the place where she finally admitted she loves him...we could all go on and on but, ahhhh. The 4th floor landing/hallway....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 6

The idea about Lenny get married in the hallway is fantastic, an amazing trio: Penny, Leonard and Hallway. In the hallway Penny said that she loves Leonard, it's a great place for them - wedding , certainly I'm in.

• Like 2

That was my idea after the engagement for Season 8 wedding. It's their private special spot. But they have to drag Penny's couch out into the hall as well. Couch equals lime kiss, yes I'll go out with you, be my valentine, gas bottle make out, and successful proposal among other things. Maybe with the little table they eat at together and the snowflake hanging from the ceiling. I could be a wedding planner.

• Like 8

You really could... Raj. :icon_razz:

Hey, it's OK for a man to be in touch with his feminine side!especially when you spend 30 years as a male teacher in the female dominated world of primary ( elementary) school teaching. I have to talk to someone about this girl stuff!!
  • Like 2

Read this in a book last year (forgot the title) but it always reminded me of Leonard and Penny's relationship. 

'Not a dance that was rigid with rules and prescribed steps but an improvised one. A slow dance that they were only able to figure out as they went along, moving to a soft internal song that only they could hear.'

Edited by 5Mississippis
  • Like 6

Like that, Mississippi. Lenny haven't quite got it all figured out yet and that should continue to be the story, instead of stalling it. It doesn't need to be challenged by artificial traumas like the boat kiss. Just let them have their little challenges along the way with their different life perspectives clashing as they work out how to get the balance right to make this happiness last. Nothing wrong with love being the common factor with lots of differences on the peripheries making the improvised dance interesting to balance. Twenty five years with my non nerdy, non sport and trivia loving wife hasn't been spoilt by our differences. The common way we feel about each other makes it work. The same can be said for Leonard and Penny. I waffled on a lot longer in Shipping Lanes in response to ATOB if interested in the longer version.

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 4

The hallway has some of Leonards funniest faces and asides in it, his "That was odd in Boyfriend" and "I'm missing something" in Egg Salad, they never fail to crack me up

• Like 4

Read this in a book last year (forgot the title) but it always reminded me of Leonard and Penny's relationship. 

'Not a dance that was rigid with rules and prescribed steps but an improvised one. A slow dance that they were only able to figure out as they went along, moving to a soft internal song that only they could hear.'

This reminds me of the poem I wrote at the beginning or the thread. I've seen their relationship as a beautiful dance from the beginning, with even the mis-steps having their own grace and beauty and ,of course, comedy. And to continue with your story of the Hall between the apartments, the Hall has so often been their dance floor. Remember how Leonard danced Penny around trying to avoid the camera when they kissed after their first date-silly, frustrating, funny and sad all at the same time. Damn Howard and Raj and their camera.  And, of course, the Prom dance where they make their own music. Leonard may think he's not a dancer but he's wrong. He and Penny have been dancing for 8 years. I think it is such a perfect metaphor for their relationship.They need to really listen "to a soft internal song that only they could hear" to get them through the Boat Kiss. Their dance is a coming together and a pulling apart and a coming together...

I can't wait to see the dance continue in S 9.

I love your quote, 5 Miss.

• Like 4

Church wedding would be my preference, but I'm wondering whether Sheldon will let slip to the rest of the gang that Leonard and Penny have gone to Vegas to get married and they'll wind up hot on their heels to join them. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Screw it! I say get them married in Vegas Now! If they want to have a wedding for the others, have it next season when they get back! For that matter have Lenny take time off from work, and visit Penny's family after the Vegas wedding. Start season 9 with Lennny in Nebraska!

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 5

If Lenny do marry presumably their living arrangements will change with immediate effect. I wonder how Sheldon will deal with the change... Perhaps the season premiere will be about Leonard moving out and Sheldon reconciling with Amy. I wonder if Amy still has her water bed....

• Like 4

If Lenny do marry presumably their living arrangements will change with immediate effect. I wonder how Sheldon will deal with the change... Perhaps the season premiere will be about Leonard moving out and Sheldon reconciling with Amy. I wonder if Amy still has her water bed....

Sheldon is the one who was pushing them to pick a date in the first place. He knows that Lenny will start living together immediately after a wedding and when they decided to drive to Vegas, he genuinely smiled and congratulated them. Then told them to get out of his spot. He knows what the immediate effect would be which is why I think he had other plans that night with Amy, whether it was the actual marriage proposal, asking her to live with him or even maybe another sleep over, this time being in his room.

• Like 3

Lenny end up arriving the following day in Las Vegas after the car breaks down (which Penny fixes) After a discussion and a change of heart they call their friends to come join them for their wedding over the weekend. Amy and Sheldon are reconciled at the post-wedding gathering. So many different scenarios! Can't wait until s9 begins!

• Like 5

Thanks for opening Tensor. I hope that tptb give us our Lenny back so we can have supportive discussions on our fav couple in Season 9.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

i agree

i m really hoping they bring Penny's brother to meet Leonard.

Bring in Leonard's dad  ( Pierce Brosnan AKA, 007 drive the girls crazy ) john goodman , Rosanee alumni Like Johnny Galeki

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic