The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

As I understand Chuck is not writing for the show very much now, because  of his other projects.  He is more of one of TPTB than a writer, I think.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Please.

He's been on the writing credits for three of the first four shows (it may be four of four, but I don't have the writers for episode three, that's the one Bill didn't tweet.).  But, yeah, last year he was kind of sparse, but then he was concentrating on Mom.  His writing credits may decrease once the first few scripts have been run through and Mom starts production.  

I'm guessing Chuck alongside Bill and a few others work out the direction of the characters and the general ideas for a season, writes a few episodes then takes a step back, all be it probably reading scripts and providing notes (doubt he has the time to rewrite scripts like Moffat does on Doctor Who when a script is not polished enough). Plus I guess Chuck acts as buffer between the show and the business side of things. I do think it would be kind of funny to have a Mom and Big Bang Theory crossover, but that'll never happen. 

Now it's time for THE change:

P_L_can_you_hear.thumb.gif.3f7485df3e903

"We just started to think about this.
Maybe I'll move in with penny, Or maybe she and I'll take this place, And you can move across the hall.
Move across the hall?! Did you take a marijuana?!
No, I did not."

:icon_twisted:

• Like 6

I'm guessing Chuck alongside Bill and a few others work out the direction of the characters and the general ideas for a season, writes a few episodes then takes a step back, all be it probably reading scripts and providing notes ...

if anyone can find the doco "Showrunners" it's worth a look. Bill Prady, amongst others, talk about the process. It's long but very interesting... well, my wife dropped out at about 57 minutes but she's not the fan.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

The little clip with the "smart and beautiful babies" made me cry.I'm sorry that so many Lennies are so unhappy with the wedding and that you're not getting what you want. I could never envision a big wedding for these two. I didn't see them as the perfect wedding pair. I also figured that whatever they did, Sheldon would be smack dab in the middle of it, mucking it up. I think the little bit of the wedding we see will be very special and touching, as I thought the engagement scene also was. To borrow a phrase from Bernie, Leonard and Penny have been "half-assing" their relationship from S1. It looks like they will continue to "half-ass" their marriage until the fat lady sings and I believe we will get at least a peek at their smart and beautiful babies before the final curtain. This is one of the reasons why I love them so much. They are  not the perfect couple and they struggle. But they do love each other so very much. Kaley said in an interview on "E", I think, that her dreams for Leonard and Penny come true(in the first few episodes). She sounded touched by the developments and very sincere. She's a very big Lenny.

I hope the sour taste left by S 8 is sweetened by the sweet taste of S9. For me, there is still so much to love about the Leonard and Penny story.:kissing:

Everything you said makes perfect sense. It's hard to trust what has been given to us in S7 & 8 But after seeing the pictures my hope is growing and I'm with you all the way. The love is what draws me to Lenny. 32f8ff4475d0bfc72a48b2332c5b1501.jpg620e7758b0043f96db12d98d8151ca09.jpg Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

That is the one big benefit of eloping. Sheldon did not have a chance to insert himself into the wedding. Even though he managed to disrupt the remote viewing at Howdettes house, they still managed to get married.

That is one thing I was worried about and glad they had their Sheldon free moment. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

The little clip with the "smart and beautiful babies" made me cry.I'm sorry that so many Lennies are so unhappy with the wedding and that you're not getting what you want. I could never envision a big wedding for these two. I didn't see them as the perfect wedding pair. I also figured that whatever they did, Sheldon would be smack dab in the middle of it, mucking it up. I think the little bit of the wedding we see will be very special and touching, as I thought the engagement scene also was. To borrow a phrase from Bernie, Leonard and Penny have been "half-assing" their relationship from S1. It looks like they will continue to "half-ass" their marriage until the fat lady sings and I believe we will get at least a peek at their smart and beautiful babies before the final curtain. This is one of the reasons why I love them so much. They are  not the perfect couple and they struggle. But they do love each other so very much. Kaley said in an interview on "E", I think, that her dreams for Leonard and Penny come true(in the first few episodes). She sounded touched by the developments and very sincere. She's a very big Lenny.

I hope the sour taste left by S 8 is sweetened by the sweet taste of S9. For me, there is still so much to love about the Leonard and Penny story.:kissing:

Perfectly said! Love the promo too.

• Like 4

Of course, they haven't had any babies yet. However Kaley said all her Lenny dreams were being fulfilled, so here's hoping (by the end of the series). That doesn't mean they can't participate in lots of practice in making them!

• Like 4

I can't stop watching the wedding clip. Leonard's vows are amazingly perfect, imo.The pictures are too cute for words!

I've watched it a bunch too! Leonard's vows,...amazing, even the small snipit they show! Leonard and Penny Hofstadter... 14 billion years in the making(at least their atoms)!

• Like 4

I hate to change the subject, but I was just watching the rerun with the introduction of Priya and it made me wonder.  I wonder if Priya was introduced into the show, because they weren't sure Kaley was going to return after her accident.

Anyway go Team Hofstadter.

• Like 1

ddc4032b49026480df46a91fa1a95bc4.jpg

Looking at the picture, I'm sure it's the weight of Penny's large purse that's weighing her down (after Penny can't be that heavy [can she]).

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 3

ddc4032b49026480df46a91fa1a95bc4.jpg

Looking at the picture, I'm sure it's the weight of Penny's large purse that's weighing her down (after Penny can't be that heavy [can she]).

She does yoga. :) Cause not. Leonard expression shows it all. That man will do anything for his bride. :) Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Now we know why Leonard has been looking more buff the last couple of seasons, he has been preparing for this day.

• Like 8

I'm guessing Chuck alongside Bill and a few others work out the direction of the characters and the general ideas for a season, writes a few episodes then takes a step back, all be it probably reading scripts and providing notes (doubt he has the time to rewrite scripts like Moffat does on Doctor Who when a script is not polished enough). Plus I guess Chuck acts as buffer between the show and the business side of things. I do think it would be kind of funny to have a Mom and Big Bang Theory crossover, but that'll never happen. 

I like your idea with Mom.  Chuck has another writing credit on episode five.  

they were going to keep him like a dog.

Sheldon  love it, wants theme to spend more time

in 4a. not in pennys

Just need a bit of a clarification --

Are Leonard and Penny NOT together fully? As in some nights Leonard is in 4A while Penny is in 4B?

-- or --

Leonard and Penny rotate their sleeping places to accomodate Sheldon's needs?

• Like 1