In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

Tensor

I watched the episode for the forth time today. I like this part maybe the best. After Leonard says it's ok Penny didn't write vows,he doesn't have to read his.

Penny says, "I'll come up with something mushy:girlinlove:You'll cry :cry:   We got this.":friends:

Leonard reads his vows. They are thoughtful, romantic and touching. Penny is  deeply moved. Leonard is still the Romance Ninja.

Penny wings it.She's not the romantic one. But its from her heart. She's marrying her best friend. Then because she knows her man so well she continues with the "Toy Story " song.

He cries.

They got it.

They've been working on it for 8 years.

They're very different, but they are so in sync. They know each other so well. They make fun of each other so well.("Look at you in your little suit." : "I have a friend in you. You said so") In the end (imo), they love each other.

Strawberry: I must admit I have mixed feelings about the wedding because I would have wanted something grandiose and epic for our favorite couple, and I think they could have shown more Lenny and less Sheldon in this episode, but I must say that Leonard's vows, and Penny's "Wow" made the episode for me.  I wish Johnny and Kaley would be given better material sometimes, but regardless, they have these moments that are so good that you stop believing it's them, and start believing they really are Leonard and Penny.

• Like 8

Long life experience has proven to me that there is no correlation between the size, expense and grandness of a wedding and the happiness and longevity of the marriage. No Correlation.

This isn't sour grapes because my couple had a tacky wedding ( and something that most people seem to have forgotten is that Penny has always been a huge fan of Vegas.She thinks it's a great place! She likes a bit of tacky now and then.And makes fun of it.)

So, it's not about the lovely wedding. It's about holding hands and taking it on together. It's about being married to your best friend. It's about being able to laugh together, at each other, with each other.It's about doing things to help your partner,make your partner feel better,  make your partner happy. It's about being able to forgive when your partner disappoints you. I know you can add to the list. Oh and good sex is always a plus.:kissing:....

I get this. The princess for a day fantasy is a fantasy. And driven by commerce not love. This was nicely subversive. It's the long run that counts.Leonard might get to have nice things sometime - but he now has someone nice all the time. Let's see what they do next. And how they generously accomodate Camilla.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
tpysos
  • Like 7

Excellent post IWD I totally agree with everything you said....

Except that last line, I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT!!  I WASENT INVOLVED IN IT AT ALL!!  I BARELY KNOW THE GUY!!

(Calmly turns and runs for his life)

• Like 3

Strawberry and IWD great posts. It wasn't the wedding of the year as CBS advertised, but it was the perfect Lenny wedding. Spontaneous and unexpected just like most of their best moments. During last season, while they were forgotten,  I would go watch the Penny box of Leonard scene from Season 6 or the Pop tart Proposal scene from Season 7 to brighten my mood. I now have their Lenny perfect vows to add to my list of go to moments. They were perfectly Lenny!

• Like 5

Long life experience has proven to me that there is no correlation between the size, expense and grandness of a wedding and the happiness and longevity of the marriage. No Correlation.

This isn't sour grapes because my couple had a tacky wedding ( and something that most people seem to have forgotten is that Penny has always been a huge fan of Vegas.She thinks it's a great place! She likes a bit of tacky now and then.And makes fun of it.)

So, it's not about the lovely wedding. It's about holding hands and taking it on together. It's about being married to your best friend. It's about being able to laugh together, at each other, with each other.It's about doing things to help your partner,make your partner feel better,  make your partner happy. It's about being able to forgive when your partner disappoints you. I know you can add to the list. Oh and good sex is always a plus.:kissing:

I see these things in the Hofstadter"s relationship and I've so enjoyed watching them get to this place, both of them learning about each other and feeling their way in the relationship, making mistakes, figuring it out, doing better, screwing up again.

So the tacky wedding didn't  disappoint me The vows did it for me.They were perfect.The unresolved wedding night fight  disappointed me and I wish Penny had tiptoed over to 4A in the middle of the night after having had some time to think things over, crawled into bed with Leonard, spooned him and nuzzled into him. As he awakened with a "whaaa?" she would say "I missed you, Honey. I love you. We're going to be ok."That leap of faith would have been the best wedding gift to Leonard and really to herself too. And the icing on the (wedding) cake would have been them walking out to the kitchen together and wishing Sheldon a good morning.:drinks:

But, that's not what happened. So I hope that the resolution fits ok with who they are and that the kiss is put aside. And that the Hofstadters keep loving and laughing their way through their every day married life. i think it will be lots of fun to watch.

I wanted something like that for the tag scene too.  Penny coming into 4A and crawling into bed with Leonard.  He would wake up and she would tell him she is still mad at him but since they are married now she still wanted to sleep with him.  She would then kiss him on the cheek and say 'goodnight asshole.'  She would then cuddle close to him and close her eyes while he laid there wide eyed not knowing if things were okay or he was still in trouble and how much trouble.

• Like 4

I wanted something like that for the tag scene too.  Penny coming into 4A and crawling into bed with Leonard.  He would wake up and she would tell him she is still mad at him but since they are married now she still wanted to sleep with him.  She would then kiss him on the cheek and say 'goodnight asshole.'  She would then cuddle close to him and close her eyes while he laid there wide eyed not knowing if things were okay or he was still in trouble and how much trouble.

Good scenario, SRAM. Strawberry's option was probably never going to happen with the tone of the episode but yours could have definitely fit in. Together as they should have been, with the angst the writers wanted but still leaves the next episode open to resolve the issue.

• Like 2

But SRAM. Consider how the premiere ended. There was a look of dejection on Leonard's face. And a hint of determination there as well. He is going to solve this problem. He is going to put an end once and for all to the North Sea fiasco. One other item that portends positivity: when speaking with Sheldon, Penny states "I'm with Leonard." Again: "I'm with Leonard." That says it all for me. I am very much looking forward to Episode 2 and the end of this particular angsty storyline. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Good scenario, SRAM. Strawberry's option was probably never going to happen with the tone of the episode but yours could have definitely fit in. Together as they should have been, with the angst the writers wanted but still leaves the next episode open to resolve the issue.

Strawberry goes sappy:girlinlove: Sram goes edgy:asciidity:

• Like 4

Penny’s talking to her husband after the shitstorm on the so called "interweb"…:rtfm:

P_blabla.thumb.gif.cd9a080aa46824b0057fe

:blind:

What's this gif from? Is it an out take where kaley is taking the piss out of Johnny for talking too much? Blah blah blah. I read an interview the other day where she was ribbing him for using a big word - exorbitant. Thought maybe she was ribbing him here. Sent from my ASUS_Z002 using Tapatalk

I think that we have to realize three things.

1. No matter whatever the writers give us, it won't match up to our expectations.

2. There is ALWAYS  going to be too much Sheldon in the episode.

3. We can't do anything about 1 and 2.

I also think this should be the response the next time Sheldon bothers Lenny.

59e1f363cf738c537cf607d14c1c53c7afe5ffd3

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 6

Fun Factoid #580:

Pop Tarts originally came in four flavors Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Apple Currant, Blueberry and of course Strawberry

tumblr_lsesa04yBU1qj74sxo1_500.gif

I was checking out the PopTarts in my supermarket tonight. I thought I'd buy some for old time sake since i haven't had kids around to buy them for in a while and JE7 and his wonderful posts has me dreaming about them.And I thought they would cheer me up because the Forum is a tad depressing.  There were like over 20 flavors. Who knew? A limited edition flavor for the summer was Chocolate Strawberry PopTarts . So I thought Penny could drizzle a little chocolate syrup on her Strawberry PopTart and it could maybe be more fun than body paint.

But what I was really wondering as I looked at all the flavors is if one night when Penny was drinking wine alone and got tipsy when Leonard was out and she decided to eat say a Chocolate Peanut Butter PopTart, would that be considered cheating? Just something to think about.

So, it was hard to decide but I purchased the Limited Edition Cinnamon Roll PopTarts because they were on sale.They are very good. Next time I will go for the Chocolate Strawberry variety, because how could you not? 

And the other thing is writing this post gave me an excuse to re-post JE7's post and that cheered me up even more than the Cinnamon Roll PopTarts. 

• Like 2

I was checking out the PopTarts in my supermarket tonight. I thought I'd buy some for old time sake since i haven't had kids around to buy them for in a while and JE7 and his wonderful posts has me dreaming about them.And I thought they would cheer me up because the Forum is a tad depressing.  There were like over 20 flavors. Who knew? A limited edition flavor for the summer was Chocolate Strawberry PopTarts . So I thought Penny could drizzle a little chocolate syrup on her Strawberry PopTart and it could maybe be more fun than body paint.

But what I was really wondering as I looked at all the flavors is if one night when Penny was drinking wine alone and got tipsy when Leonard was out and she decided to eat say a Chocolate Peanut Butter PopTart, would that be considered cheating? Just something to think about.

So, it was hard to decide but I purchased the Limited Edition Cinnamon Roll PopTarts because they were on sale.They are very good. Next time I will go for the Chocolate Strawberry variety, because how could you not? 

And the other thing is writing this post gave me an excuse to re-post JE7's post and that cheered me up even more than the Cinnamon Roll PopTarts. 

You are such a sweetie

And I don't think she would even look at another flavor and we won't even mentioned the froasted Strawberry ones :icon_redface:

lp3.png

Edited by JE7

Discussion about Kaley was moved to the thread dedicated to her

And now back to our regularly scheduled program allready in progress

Edited by JE7
Been so long I forgot the words

And there is an easter egg hidden in each post :icon_cheesygrin: 

tumblr_mc4fk3gjX81r1n4hto11_r1_250.gif

Edited by JE7

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic