The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 9

But he found out about it when they were back together that counts in my book Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

But he found out about it when they were back together that counts in my book Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Leonard was pissed. I would be. But Penny didn't know herself still it's was not cool. Some guys would have dumped her on the spot. But not our Leonard. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

d14f0c207b5c3ca064eec79c896b1e6e.jpg Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

5AgNpFV21x.gif

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 4

Yeah. Leonard was pissed. I would be. But Penny didn't know herself still it's was not cool. Some guys would have dumped her on the spot. But not our Leonard. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Leonard was a lot calmer than I would have been Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Its has never been mentioned again. so we dont know. all we know is the paperwork was signed and send,

Heck, you need an actual marriage license in order for a union to be recognized, the ceremony itself just doesn't cut it. I like to believe that they never signed a license, which isn't a stretch considering the drunken state they were in. The annulment was just for the sake of comedy, as accidental marriage is a very popular sitcom trope. 

• Like 2

I've been married in Vegas you get the license at the chapel 20 minutes and your married. Unfortunately I was drunk too Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure how TPTB plan to deal with this.

I just hope quickly and in a way that makes it seem not as bad. 

Furthermore, once over this whatever the kiss was or wasn't--deal with the engagement and living arrangements.  Enough stalling!    I want to see what made me ship this couple in the first place on screen. 

• Like 4

Heck, you need an actual marriage license in order for a union to be recognized, the ceremony itself just doesn't cut it. I like to believe that they never signed a license, which isn't a stretch considering the drunken state they were in. 

It apparently wasn't a stretch in real life for former producer of the show Robert Cohen to be married to someone from Las Vegas for 20 years, and not know it.  His and Janeane Garofalo's story was roughly the same as Penny's was (Got drunk, did a marriage as a joke, thought certain things about the setup/presentation meant it couldn't possibly be legit).

I used to think that season 7 episode was stretching Penny's intelligence, UNTIL my girlfriend pointed out that story to me.  In retrospect, I think that story might've been what inspired that premise for TPTB.

Just did a very quick not-so-thorough-peruse through the Comic-Con thread and truly there was no mention of anything Lenny by the panel or fans? 

Just did a very quick not-so-thorough-peruse through the Comic-Con thread and truly there was no mention of anything Lenny by the panel or fans? 

a fan tried asking but they also asked about carol ann sussi's death.  The panelists got sidetracked by that.  Molaro in a tvline interview (from cc) did mention the s9 premiere would pick up a couple hrs later from where s8s finale left off w/ Lenny in Vegas.

• Like 3

I think there's a general consensus among many of us fans here on these forums (and on Tumblr) that Lenny will not end up getting married in Vegas. So naturally, in the true style of the writers, they probably will end up getting married. 

• Like 2

I think there's a general consensus among many of us fans here on these forums (and on Tumblr) that Lenny will not end up getting married in Vegas. So naturally, in the true style of the writers, they probably will end up getting married. 

I don't think they'll waste not having episodes to build up to the Lenny wedding, if they ever get married.  I think in season 9 premier they will talk it out and decide to have a real wedding or there will be a big fight and either a major delay or breakup.  To be serious after I saw what Lorre got away with in  TAAHM, I wouldn't be surprised if Leonard and Penny never got married.

I don't think they'll waste not having episodes to build up to the Lenny wedding, if they ever get married.  I think in season 9 premier they will talk it out and decide to have a real wedding or there will be a big fight and either a major delay or breakup.  To be serious after I saw what Lorre got away with in  TAAHM, I wouldn't be surprised if Leonard and Penny never got married.

I wouldn't be surprised if they never got married either Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I believe the writers aim to be unpredictable and unconventional. This seems to be the only explanation that fits the last 8 years regarding Lenny. Given enough time they won't really resemble any real couple anyone actually knows. They are truly unique.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

I believe the writers aim to be unpredictable and unconventional. This seems to be the only explanation that fits the last 8 years regarding Lenny. Given enough time they won't really resemble any real couple anyone actually knows. They are truly unique.

You make a good point, the Lenny at the end of the show will probably be much different from the Lenny the show began with.  Look at Leonard, he went from the main character to Sheldon's minion and from a good honest shy guy to now a cheater.

• Like 2

IMO Leonard is still a good guy. I can forgive the kiss and I think Penny will forgive.  People who love each other forgive plenty. I have no doubts about the depth of Leonard's love for Penny. 

The writers disappointed me with S8 but given the pleasure I got from Tbbt for so many years, for me, the scales still tip in their favor. I look forward to S9 very much. I'm anxious to see how the cliffhangers are resolved, especially Leonard and Penny's . I'm ok they aren't the favorites.  They are my favorites and I think they'll end up in a great place.

• Like 8

I expect Leonard will be the only character that has trouble forgiving Leonard.

Penny had a much bigger reaction when Leonard

1. Said "marry me" while they were in the sack
  2. rewrote Penny's paper
  3. made fun of Penny for believing in psychics.
  4. Said "I love you" prematurely (she broke it off that time)
  • Like 1

I expect Leonard will be the only character that has trouble forgiving Leonard.

Penny had a much bigger reaction when Leonard

1. Said "marry me" while they were in the sack
  2. rewrote Penny's paper
  3. made fun of Penny for believing in psychics.
  4. Said "I love you" prematurely (she broke it off that time)

interesting you brought those up.

1.  She questioned their relationship after that and it lead to 6.02, the almost dumping of him again.

2.  She just got horribly mad.

3.  He questioned if he should break up with her.

4.  She did break up with him.

so three of those references where associated with ending the relationship.

Okay but what I was trying to say is she did not react so strongly as on those occasions to the kiss.

I think she can actually forgive him assuming there is not more to be reveled.

• Like 1