[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

52 minutes ago, tmp said:

Sweeps weeks are the weeks in Feb, May, and Nov when a company called Nielsen measures the ratings of TV shows.  (I'm not sure how ratings are calculated the other weeks, but they're always published.)  The ratings in these three months are used to set prices for advertisers, so networks often try to air special episodes then.

The funny thing was that most of us thought that a shamy reconciliation would happen during the November sweeps.  That would have been a momentous couple of episodes but look what happened instead!  LOL!

4 hours ago, lpm said:

The funny thing was that most of us thought that a shamy reconciliation would happen during the November sweeps.  That would have been a momentous couple of episodes but look what happened instead!  LOL!

This is what I thought as well. It surprises me but I have a theory on why they did it. The writers realized that it would be perfect to team up Shamy coitus with the release of the new Star Wars movie. Once they realized this, they had to get them back together and then have the coitus episode right after. In a way it was exciting for a lot of people who didn't expect such a big episode in non sweeps episodes. It just goes to show you that it's not always the case that big episodes only air in sweeps. 

• Like 2

Now that coitus has occurred, what do you expect from our favorite couple? I really hope that they still continue to do cute things that make me love them so much. As it has been discussed before, a group dinner scene is very much needed. As far as coitus goes, how will they go about it from now on? I firmly believe that they will not wait another year before doing it again. Will we get to see Amy tell Penny and Bernadette about how he is in bed? (I've read so many fanfics that have that scene in them and I would love to see it on the screen). So many questions that need answers. Hope everyone had some nice holidays. :)

• Like 2

My question about Amy talking to Penny and Bernadette about Sheldon in bed was not intended to be a conversation about "how good he was". I simply think it would be funny if we got to see some kind of off comment about Shamy. Like when Penny says that Leonard "really tries" in bed or when Leonard declares that he is the "king of foreplay". Something along those lines is what I was thinking about.  I more care about what new things we will see from Shamy after coitus. Will he propose soon or ask her to move in with him? 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Now that coitus has occurred, what do you expect from our favorite couple? I really hope that they still continue to do cute things that make me love them so much. As it has been discussed before, a group dinner scene is very much needed. As far as coitus goes, how will they go about it from now on? I firmly believe that they will not wait another year before doing it again. Will we get to see Amy tell Penny and Bernadette about how he is in bed? (I've read so many fanfics that have that scene in them and I would love to see it on the screen). So many questions that need answers. Hope everyone had some nice holidays. :)

First and foremost, I think that the writers will want to emphasize that Sheldon is still Sheldon. They tend to be pretty careful with his characterization, so I think they’ll want to get things feeling back to normal. For Shamy as a couple, I’m expecting them to be like they’ve always been together, just with them both on a more equal footing. Maybe we’ll see a slight shift in Amy, since she’s not likely to have the same doubts that she has always had before. 

Topics like the ring and moving in together are things I don’t think we’ll see for a while, but you never know. I certainly wasn’t expecting the coitus. I still kind of think that Sheldon will be a little hesitant to suggest big changes. I could see him being happy just to be back to their normal state for a while. I wonder if they’ll attempt to make another Relationship Agreement? 

I agree that it probably won’t be a full year til more coitus. Taken literally, Sheldon’s statement about Amy’s birthday indicates that date as a kind of minimum expectation but in no way dictates it as a max. Regardless, I don’t think there will be much focus on it anytime soon.

Whenever there is a big milestone, there is often a brief mention of it during the next episode. So, maybe we will see a scene with the girls or the guys talking about it or at least some kind of quick joke to show that the guys know what happened. Those conversations have decent humor potential. I almost wrote one myself, but I ended up writing a Christmas fic instead.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

First and foremost, I think that the writers will want to emphasize that Sheldon is still Sheldon. They tend to be pretty careful with his characterization, so I think they’ll want to get things feeling back to normal. For Shamy as a couple, I’m expecting them to be like they’ve always been together, just with them both on a more equal footing. Maybe we’ll see a slight shift in Amy, since she’s not likely to have the same doubts that she has always had before. 

Topics like the ring and moving in together are things I don’t think we’ll see for a while, but you never know. I certainly wasn’t expecting the coitus. I still kind of think that Sheldon will be a little hesitant to suggest big changes. I could see him being happy just to be back to their normal state for a while. I wonder if they’ll attempt to make another Relationship Agreement? 

I agree that it probably won’t be a full year til more coitus. Taken literally, Sheldon’s statement about Amy’s birthday indicates that date as a kind of minimum expectation but in no way dictates it as a max. Regardless, I don’t think there will be much focus on it anytime soon.

Whenever there is a big milestone, there is often a brief mention of it during the next episode. So, maybe we will see a scene with the girls or the guys talking about it or at least some kind of quick joke to show that the guys know what happened. Those conversations have decent humor potential. I almost wrote one myself, but I ended up writing a Christmas fic instead.

A new mention of a relationship agreement is interesting. I'm not sure if we will hear about it again. The fact that we didn't hear about it all during the break up doesn't give me high hopes for it to be mentioned now. 

• Like 1

If they had an RA, would it include provisions for coitus? Scheduled like date nights? It could be a fun source of humor. That said, there's a possibility that there wouldn't be an RA. Sheldon was concerned about litigation and asked Amy to specifically give verbal consent before he 'gives it to her'. He was about to download a contract but Amy kissed him and he was just lost in the moment. That btw is my favorite scene of the episode. That might be an indication that he couldn't care about the legalities (or himself) more than he cares about Amy and that he completely trusts her. As a fan though, I think the RA is what separates them from any couple I know on TV. And since it's binding, it could be likened to a marriage contract which is essentially a relationship agreement provided by the law.

RA or no RA, it's still a win for me.

• Like 4

Anyone else annoyed by the fact that a previous thing you quoted has to be erased from the box you're typing in before you can quote someone else? Or maybe that's just me. Haha. Anyway...

On 12/21/2015 at 5:27 PM, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

He was protective of her but he trusts her :) 

I've always thought this was so cute about him. Once he knows that she is his and his only, he trust her enough to just leave her alone with another guy. Haha. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2015 at 7:27 PM, dana1010 said:

Now that Shamy are back in sync with each other again, I look forward to lots of cuteness from them. Even if they are in the background or something.

I also agree that they won't be waiting a year to have coitus again. I honestly took it as Sheldon's way of simply saying that he enjoyed it enough to want to make it a thing that they do it on her birthday....certainly doesn't mean they won't do it more often before then ;). 

Even if he did mean that literally, it won't last because they'll probably have an episode where Sheldon is trying so hard to not give into his sexual urges and by the end of the episode, we see them in bed together. LOL. 

So many ways they can go with this. I can't wait to see how it turns out. 

• Like 8