Jump to content

[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/1/2016 at 3:04 PM, sunnydiamante said:

Happy new year...i want to share something i posted on the spoilers thread. The women to whom Sheldon showed interest (sort of) pre-Amy from seasons 1-3.

568705e6863a2_SheldonCooperVennDiagram.t

I freaking love this! Thank you for sharing! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a really great diagram, Sunnydiamante! 

On 12/29/2015 at 9:59 PM, sunnydiamante said:

If they had an RA, would it include provisions for coitus? Scheduled like date nights? It could be a fun source of humor. That said, there's a possibility that there wouldn't be an RA. Sheldon was concerned about litigation and asked Amy to specifically give verbal consent before he 'gives it to her'. He was about to download a contract but Amy kissed him and he was just lost in the moment. That btw is my favorite scene of the episode. That might be an indication that he couldn't care about the legalities (or himself) more than he cares about Amy and that he completely trusts her. As a fan though, I think the RA is what separates them from any couple I know on TV. And since it's binding, it could be likened to a marriage contract which is essentially a relationship agreement provided by the law.

RA or no RA, it's still a win for me.

The Relationship Agreement was so adorable and unique to this couple. Even so, I’m undecided about whether I want to see it return. 

Sometimes it felt like it was used as a tool to illustrate Sheldon’s reluctance, you know? Like how Amy had to push for him to add in the hand holding section while Sheldon was shown as not really wanting that. I definitely wouldn’t ever want to see them add a coitus section if it was done with a reluctant Sheldon. If Sheldon is shown as enthusiastic about growing their relationship via a new RA, then that would be totally different. In that case, a return of the RA could be very cute.

I’ve been wondering how Sheldon will feel as they move forward. I’m not sure if Amy was ever really clear enough with him about the breakup, so I wonder if he’ll feel a little confused about their relationship. He might push for a new RA out of a desire for reassurance, and I won't be surprised at all if he holds off on proposing until he feels more confident. For now, I still expect and hope for some happy Shamy scenes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

That's a really great diagram, Sunnydiamante! 

The Relationship Agreement was so adorable and unique to this couple. Even so, I’m undecided about whether I want to see it return. 

Sometimes it felt like it was used as a tool to illustrate Sheldon’s reluctance, you know? Like how Amy had to push for him to add in the hand holding section while Sheldon was shown as not really wanting that. I definitely wouldn’t ever want to see them add a coitus section if it was done with a reluctant Sheldon. If Sheldon is shown as enthusiastic about growing their relationship via a new RA, then that would be totally different. In that case, a return of the RA could be very cute.

I’ve been wondering how Sheldon will feel as they move forward. I’m not sure if Amy was ever really clear enough with him about the breakup, so I wonder if he’ll feel a little confused about their relationship. He might push for a new RA out of a desire for reassurance, and I won't be surprised at all if he holds off on proposing until he feels more confident. For now, I still expect and hope for some happy Shamy scenes.

Absolutely. Like the kisses, there was never a provision of it in the RA until later when Sheldon initiated (and liked) it. Idk if sex follows the same rule now that he's changed so much. The RA is the last thing on my mind right now. I just miss their quirkiness so much because most of this season's episodes were filled with angst/hurt. But I miss group eps even more. Raj's stories have not shown some kind of deeper substance. It would be nice to have him and Sheldon interact again like those episodes when Sheldon was his wingman or substitute roomie. Raj/Sheldon activities are pretty rare.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The relationship agreement isn’t necessarily important, but it came to mind because I’ve been watching some old season 4 and 5 episodes. It’s remarkable how bonded Sheldon and Amy were even from the very beginning. I’d forgotten how close their friendship was back then. The episode where Sheldon gets all those cats is only the third time we ever see Amy. Anyway, it’s also interesting to watch those old episodes and see how much they’ve grown since then. And even though they’ve grown, they’ve still managed to hold on to a lot of that same quirkiness they’ve always had. I hope we see a lot of that in the second half of the season to balance out the angst of the first half.

At this point, I think we’re all cheering for a group episode :)  But really, anything drama-free would be welcome.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

It was nice to have a regular, drama-free episode this week. I was pleased to see some storylines for the other characters, but I think there were too many things going on. They tried to squeeze 3-4 plots into 18.5 minutes. In comparison, the previous episode was 21.5 minutes with 2 plots that intertwined a bit. Less stories with more time to tell them works so much better, imo.

Yeah, they really could have made good use of those missing 3 minutes to give the stories a tiny bit more room to breathe. I thought some of the scene cuts felt a bit too abruptly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might bring this thread off topic, but since the time of the episode was brought up, I want to talk about it. I feel like 18.5 minutes is so small for a half hour sitcom. I may be behind the times, as in 5 years ago or so, but shouldn't most half hour shows run about 20 to 22min? Does the 18.5 min include the time for the credits at the end? I have seen throughout this season people making comments about the episodes running shorter. Is this because the show wants to buy more commercial air spots? This is just something I have been curious about. 

I agree 100% with Rule 34 that 2 plots is better than 3 plots. With 3, scenes tend to feel rushed. With 2, you have time to get more in depth with the scenes. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right, this episode was quite stuffed.

Where did Leonard go and why does he know these teenagers?

This was so out of nothing.

Penny was kinda mean in this episode. She has been so much more loving previously

Amy on facetime has been gorgeous

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, dana1010 said:

I may be behind the times, as in 5 years ago or so, but shouldn't most half hour shows run about 20 to 22min? Does the 18.5 min include the time for the credits at the end? I have seen throughout this season people making comments about the episodes running shorter. Is this because the show wants to buy more commercial air spots?

It was 18:34 according to the cbs website, and as far as I can tell that does include the opening and ending credits. Looking back at season 4, 19-21 minutes was about the norm, so I guess this isn’t new or unusual. I’ve never noticed it as much as last week, though. In addition to the last episode’s abrupt storytelling, there was a gigantic commercial break in the middle of the show. It had to have been 5+ minutes long. It was basically two commercial breaks stuck together.

lennyx3, I agree that Penny and Leonard were not really shown at their best this week. They’re both good-hearted, funny characters, though, so hopefully we’ll see better stuff for them soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

It was 18:34 according to the cbs website, and as far as I can tell that does include the opening and ending credits. Looking back at season 4, 19-21 minutes was about the norm, so I guess this isn’t new or unusual. I’ve never noticed it as much as last week, though. In addition to the last episode’s abrupt storytelling, there was a gigantic commercial break in the middle of the show. It had to have been 5+ minutes long. It was basically two commercial breaks stuck together.

lennyx3, I agree that Penny and Leonard were not really shown at their best this week. They’re both good-hearted, funny characters, though, so hopefully we’ll see better stuff for them soon.

 

The commercials don't really bother me that much because I usually watch it on DVR anyways. The part that bothers me is that the show itself is shorter. Several episodes this season, I have felt like the beginning sequences are really short. This is the scene(s) they have before the theme song. I might just be going insane, but they feel shorter. To me 18:34 minutes is getting closer and closer to having 50% commercials for a half hour sitcom. It just makes me sad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can somebody pls tell me what this bigbangtheoryhq site is? I tried looking for negative criticisms/reviews on the ep 11 just to see a different perspective. That's the only review i found. I don't know why but it felt like learning my younger sibling was bullied in school while I read the comments about Amy. It was baseless, biased and taken personally. I was too bothered to explore the site even if it was fairly designed. I don't want to be prejudiced but is this a Shamy-bashing shenny site?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, sunnydiamante said:

Can somebody pls tell me what this bigbangtheoryhq site is? I tried looking for negative criticisms/reviews on the ep 11 just to see a different perspective. That's the only review i found. I don't know why but it felt like learning my younger sibling was bullied in school while I read the comments about Amy. It was baseless, biased and taken personally. I was too bothered to explore the site even if it was fairly designed. I don't want to be prejudiced but is this a Shamy-bashing shenny site?

It's actually a Shenny/Vintage Sheldon (seasons 1-3) site.  Part of the ShennyHQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2016 at 6:47 PM, sunnydiamante said:

Now that the 'storm' has quieted down and our babies have settled in a happy place, I thought of making this video. This is so I can put to good use all the angst we have experienced over the first-half this season.

 

 

You and I know that this will be looped in my media player all day, right? Well, has been for a few days. HAHA. :victory:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2016 at 10:10 PM, Rule 34 said:

The relationship agreement isn’t necessarily important, but it came to mind because I’ve been watching some old season 4 and 5 episodes. It’s remarkable how bonded Sheldon and Amy were even from the very beginning. I’d forgotten how close their friendship was back then. The episode where Sheldon gets all those cats is only the third time we ever see Amy. Anyway, it’s also interesting to watch those old episodes and see how much they’ve grown since then. And even though they’ve grown, they’ve still managed to hold on to a lot of that same quirkiness they’ve always had. I hope we see a lot of that in the second half of the season to balance out the angst of the first half.

At this point, I think we’re all cheering for a group episode :)  But really, anything drama-free would be welcome.

I also love that Amy was able to do a provision to have a mandatory kiss (haha) on date night. That for me is sooo adorable. Also, they really have grown so much that I'm missing the judge-y look they are giving whenever others don't get them as they do with each other. It always cracks me up! ^.^ It's like having their own world and that's extremely sweet given that Sheldon is you know... Sheldon.

Anyways, I'm really rooting for a group episode to come very soon. We haven't seen them all together for a while. Fingers crossed.

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before anything else, I'm happy that tptb granted our wishes two eps a row with the group story, Rajily and my personal wish Raj/Sheldon. Even if Amy wasn't there, it was all fun since she had alone-time with Sheldon IN HIS BEDROOM. :girlinlove:

On to our babies, what hit home for me was the "gentle and loving" way they were talking with each other on Skype. And that was just on Skype! How much sweeter can they be when they're physically together? It doesn't really hurt me that Amy stayed away. I would have loved to hear her sing Soft Kitty (not probable right now because of the copyright issues) and see Mayim rubbing Jim's chest :maninlove:. But I think why Amy is away is because of Mayim's injury. Their scenes seem nostalgic to me, when way back S4/5 Sheldon tells Amy about his 'problems', Amy gives him advice and he listens.

Bonus: Sheldon lying on his stomach, his feet hovering in the air while talking to Amy. So adorable!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sunnydiamante said:

Before anything else, I'm happy that tptb granted our wishes two eps a row with the group story, Rajily and my personal wish Raj/Sheldon. Even if Amy wasn't there, it was all fun since she had alone-time with Sheldon IN HIS BEDROOM. :girlinlove:

On to our babies, what hit home for me was the "gentle and loving" way they were talking with each other on Skype. And that was just on Skype! How much sweeter can they be when they're physically together? It doesn't really hurt me that Amy stayed away. I would have loved to hear her sing Soft Kitty (not probable right now because of the copyright issues) and see Mayim rubbing Jim's chest :maninlove:. But I think why Amy is away is because of Mayim's injury. Their scenes seem nostalgic to me, when way back S4/5 Sheldon tells Amy about his 'problems', Amy gives him advice and he listens.

Bonus: Sheldon lying on his stomach, his feet hovering in the air while talking to Amy. So adorable!

I was also happy that Raj and Emily finally got a storyline. I was at the taping for this episode and Mayim was not present. All of the Skype scenes were pre taped. This might have had something to do with her injury. 

Even though it was only Skype, their scenes together were still very adorable. I just love the fact that Sheldon was skyping with her while he was in his bedroom. I don't think this has happened before? This just goes to show you the increased level of comfort the two have since the coitus. 

Also I like how you compared the scenes to S4/5 Shamy. I love them. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

I was also happy that Raj and Emily finally got a storyline. I was at the taping for this episode and Mayim was not present. All of the Skype scenes were pre taped. This might have had something to do with her injury. 

Even though it was only Skype, their scenes together were still very adorable. I just love the fact that Sheldon was skyping with her while he was in his bedroom. I don't think this has happened before? This just goes to show you the increased level of comfort the two have since the coitus. 

Also I like how you compared the scenes to S4/5 Shamy. I love them. 

 

Yes. Definitely the first time that Sheldon is skyping inside his bedroom. It has been always at his table in the living room (pre-coitus, that is). This just shows that he's very comfortable with Amy now. You know... all his rants about "no one is allowed" inside his bedroom. Though just virtual, Amy got in! :icon_redface:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

I was also happy that Raj and Emily finally got a storyline. I was at the taping for this episode and Mayim was not present. All of the Skype scenes were pre taped. This might have had something to do with her injury. 

Even though it was only Skype, their scenes together were still very adorable. I just love the fact that Sheldon was skyping with her while he was in his bedroom. I don't think this has happened before? This just goes to show you the increased level of comfort the two have since the coitus. 

Also I like how you compared the scenes to S4/5 Shamy. I love them. 

 

I'm sorry Mayim wasn't there but I'm jealous of you. My friend and I are putting it on our bucket list to watch a tbbt taping. On the map, we live about 12 time zones away from the studio. So...here's to hoping.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this definitely felt like the group episode we’ve been wanting! Having everyone mixed into one storyline made for a much less scattered episode than last week’s. We got to see Emily, interesting character combinations, and some character growth for Sheldon. It’s too bad Amy wasn’t there, but I’m not sure I’d want to see her as one of the people Sheldon treated poorly while he was sick anyway.

Shamy thoughts:

I agree that the Skype scenes are very reminiscent of seasons 4&5 but are much more intimate for taking place on Sheldon's bed.

Even from afar, dealing with a sick Sheldon was enough to kill the post-coital afterglow for Amy, lol.

I enjoy scenes where Sheldon tries to better himself. The scene where Amy guides him into understanding empathy was a good one.

 

One brief rant:

I resisted posting about this last week, but they’ve done it again. I don’t find it funny to see someone treated the way Stuart has been. 

He’s lonely and depressed, and watching the group exclude him does not make anyone look good. Usually, this show revolves around a group of unique people accepting one another despite their various foibles, so I find the use of Stuart disappointing. I hope he’s treated with more kindness in the future.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

Yeah, this definitely felt like the group episode we’ve been wanting! Having everyone mixed into one storyline made for a much less scattered episode than last week’s. We got to see Emily, interesting character combinations, and some character growth for Sheldon. It’s too bad Amy wasn’t there, but I’m not sure I’d want to see her as one of the people Sheldon treated poorly while he was sick anyway.

Shamy thoughts:

I agree that the Skype scenes are very reminiscent of seasons 4&5 but are much more intimate for taking place on Sheldon's bed.

Even from afar, dealing with a sick Sheldon was enough to kill the post-coital afterglow for Amy, lol.

I enjoy scenes where Sheldon tries to better himself. The scene where Amy guides him into understanding empathy was a good one.

 

One brief rant:

I resisted posting about this last week, but they’ve done it again. I don’t find it funny to see someone treated the way Stuart has been. 

He’s lonely and depressed, and watching the group exclude him does not make anyone look good. Usually, this show revolves around a group of unique people accepting one another despite their various foibles, so I find the use of Stuart disappointing. I hope he’s treated with more kindness in the future.

I feel bad for Suart. But think about it... Sheldon took Stuart with him knowing he wasn't invited and... he's one of his stops in his Apology Tour. It's his genuine act of kindness:angel:. Intended or not, Sheldon is the first in the group to show goodness towards the poor guy. That's Sheldon 2.0 for you! ^.^

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.