[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

8 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

I'm sorry Mayim wasn't there but I'm jealous of you. My friend and I are putting it on our bucket list to watch a tbbt taping. On the map, we live about 12 time zones away from the studio. So...here's to hoping.

No need to feel sorry for me, I have been to several tapings where Mayim was there. Even though she may have been given light duty because of her back, it still kind of fits in with the episode. If Amy were home, everyone would have expected that Amy take care of Sheldon and there would be no need for an apology tour. With her not there, Sheldon had to seek help from everyone else hence the apology tour. I'm not sure how the episode would have played out if Amy were home. 

I really hope you and your friend manage to go to a tbbt taping. I know it probably seems impossible, but you just never know. 

• Like 4

I agree with Rule 32.

Poor Stuart, they are really kinda cruel to him...

I hoped for Emily and Raj to break up. There have been at least two very good situations to do so.

Sorry...I still think that Raj could do much better than Emily!

But her comment about standing up for oneself was funny. I think she is always so negative...

• Like 1

On 1/15/2016 at 5:53 AM, Rule 34 said:

Yeah, this definitely felt like the group episode we’ve been wanting! Having everyone mixed into one storyline made for a much less scattered episode than last week’s. We got to see Emily, interesting character combinations, and some character growth for Sheldon. It’s too bad Amy wasn’t there, but I’m not sure I’d want to see her as one of the people Sheldon treated poorly while he was sick anyway.

Shamy thoughts:

I agree that the Skype scenes are very reminiscent of seasons 4&5 but are much more intimate for taking place on Sheldon's bed.

Even from afar, dealing with a sick Sheldon was enough to kill the post-coital afterglow for Amy, lol.

I enjoy scenes where Sheldon tries to better himself. The scene where Amy guides him into understanding empathy was a good one.

One brief rant:

I resisted posting about this last week, but they’ve done it again. I don’t find it funny to see someone treated the way Stuart has been. 

He’s lonely and depressed, and watching the group exclude him does not make anyone look good. Usually, this show revolves around a group of unique people accepting one another despite their various foibles, so I find the use of Stuart disappointing. I hope he’s treated with more kindness in the future.

I agree about Stuart. Not right at all. Then they have to rub it in harder by having Sheldon demand that Stuart get off the bus with him, "Come on Stuart, like me, you are not worthy." LOL.

• Like 1

I was so excited about the Shamy coitus that I kind of glossed over a moment that I had been waiting so long for. 

10-shippers-the-big-bang-theory_0.jpg?it

Here is Amy touching Sheldon's face. I have wanted her hand to touch his face in this way for a very long time. It is a beautiful moment. That is all. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Amy's been in his bedroom before.

Yes, she has been in his bedroom where they virtually consummated their relationship... but that's just because Amy became uncomfortable how the Dungeons and Dragons game went and Sheldon was just trying to console her. It would be rude to have her come out of the room. That's just my opinion though. ^.^

• Like 1

It's so quiet here, I can't help but wonder what's happening at the spoiler thread. The number of thread page there is increasing at an alarming rate. I wonder if something big's gonna happen. Can we talk about something here? I'm really tempted to peek. I've run out of fan fictions to read. I've read all the news about Mayim's win on Critics' Choice. I'm even thinking of trolling at the vintagehq just to keep the temptations at bay. Hahaha.

Anyway, for the sake of conversation, what is your Shamy wishlist? My personal number 1 would be holding hands with interlocking fingers. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

It's so quiet here, I can't help but wonder what's happening at the spoiler thread. The number of thread page there is increasing at an alarming rate. I wonder if something big's gonna happen. Can we talk about something here? I'm really tempted to peek. I've run out of fan fictions to read. I've read all the news about Mayim's win on Critics' Choice. I'm even thinking of trolling at the vintagehq just to keep the temptations at bay. Hahaha.

Anyway, for the sake of conversation, what is your Shamy wishlist? My personal number 1 would be holding hands with interlocking fingers. :D

You just said the magic words, "wish list". Even with coitus already here, we can all admit that we still have things on our Shamy wish list. 

1) A Sheldon initiated hug. I know that he has hugged her back in turtle ep and he sort of hugs her in earworm, but I am looking for a genuine real Sheldon initiated hug.  The best example of this is the turtle hug just with Amy and Sheldon switching places. 

2) A Shamy kiss in front of everyone. 

3) Sheldon meeting Amy's parents. I assume the father is dead but I don't think there is any proof of that. 

4) Shamy move in together. I think there is great comedic potential in the storylines about them learning to live together. 

5) Sheldon to propose to Amy in the most romantic Sheldony way possible. 

6) My fanfiction totally unlikely but fun to think about flash forward Shamy ending. Shamy are on the couch cuddling talking about their relationship. The scene ends when a little 2-3 year old boy runs out wearing a mini flash t shirt and gives his daddy Sheldon a hug. 

Share yours. :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fragileShAmyheart said:

Yes, she has been in his bedroom where they virtually consummated their relationship... but that's just because Amy became uncomfortable how the Dungeons and Dragons game went and Sheldon was just trying to console her.

What about the time she brought Wil Wheaton to visit him, in an attempt to cheer him up?

What about the time he was drunk, and she put him to bed?

4 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

Wishlists are fun! I'm going to limit myself to five.

1) More of Sheldon’s special brand of compliments. “You’re my heartworm” and “dryer sheets of my heart” are such uniquely Sheldon things to say. It's obvious what he means, even though it comes out all wrong, and I think it's very sweet. I also hope his eventual proposal is done with his own atypical style of romance.

2) A Sheldon-initiated hug. I agree with dana1010, this is a good one. The awkward cuddle scene from season 5 is one of my favorite Shamy scenes of all time. It’d be nice to have a callback to that with a Sheldon-initiated cuddle just to see the contrast.

3) Amy sharing one of Sheldon’s geeky interests. I like scenes where the girls enjoy some of the guys’ hobbies. The Thor comic book, the D&D episode, or the discussion of Superman, Batman, and Iron Man in the last episode are some great scenes. Usually they have the girls mock some of this stuff, but there are plenty of female nerds out there who enjoy sci-fi and gaming.

4) Sheldon meeting Amy’s mother. Amy quotes her mother a lot and she sounds like a pretty… unusual individual. Maybe after they’re engaged someday we’ll get to see how Sheldon interacts with his potential mother-in-law.

5) Amy taking care of a sick or injured Sheldon. This is unlikely after last episode, but we’ve seen how others take care of Sheldon and how he takes care of Amy, so it’d be interesting to see how she would do taking care of him.

• Like 4

Okay here's my top 5:

1.) Holding hands with interlocking fingers

2.) Yes, a Sheldon-initiated hug!

3.) SIK where Sheldon holds Amy's face. It'll probably kill me, but what a good way to die.

4.) They meet each other's families...especially Amy meeting Mary/Meemaw.

5.) Sheldon calls Amy little lady...even as a passing joke. He said it once over the last three seasons, so hearing those two words at least once this season would be nice.

• Like 2

I love these wishes. I hope most if not all of them come true. Another thing that we can talk about here is what we think will happen in the 200th episode. They haven't taped that yet, so nobody can know we are wrong yet. haha

I think it will involve some kind of living room arrangement. I want it to be a group episode where it finally gets settled that Leonard and Penny live alone. I want Sheldon to bring up the possibility of Amy moving in. Whatever happens, I just hope it is a good group episode that celebrates the show as a whole and not just one particular ship. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dana1010 said:

I love these wishes. I hope most if not all of them come true. Another thing that we can talk about here is what we think will happen in the 200th episode. They haven't taped that yet, so nobody can know we are wrong yet. haha

I think it will involve some kind of living room arrangement. I want it to be a group episode where it finally gets settled that Leonard and Penny live alone. I want Sheldon to bring up the possibility of Amy moving in. Whatever happens, I just hope it is a good group episode that celebrates the show as a whole and not just one particular ship. 

Hear! Hear!

• Like 1

Ah, yes, the 200th episode! I wonder if anything special will happen for that or not.

Something that celebrates the show as a whole would be ideal. I’d like to see a story that involves something important for all of the characters, but I’m not sure what that would be.

The ring seems like it should come up again at some point this season. Episode 200 might be too soon for that, though. Maybe the season finale might address it.

It does feel like it's time to address the living arrangements. Leonard and Penny were staying with Sheldon because he was lonely during the breakup (if I recall that correctly). Anyway, that reason is no longer valid, and it would be nice for L&P to finally get to live together on their own.

The basic premise of Penny, Leonard, and Sheldon living in those apartments is something that I think the showrunners will be resistant to change. L&P moving to 4B wouldn’t shake that up too much, but I’d be shocked if Amy moved in anytime soon. It might also be interesting/funny to see how Sheldon would cope with living on his own for a while.

Edited by Rule 34
  • Like 4

On 1/20/2016 at 10:38 AM, Rule 34 said:

Ah, yes, the 200th episode! I wonder if anything special will happen for that or not.

Something that celebrates the show as a whole would be ideal. I’d like to see a story that involves something important for all of the characters, but I’m not sure what that would be.

The ring seems like it should come up again at some point this season. Episode 200 might be too soon for that, though. Maybe the season finale might address it.

It does feel like it's time to address the living arrangements. Leonard and Penny were staying with Sheldon because he was lonely during the breakup (if I recall that correctly). Anyway, that reason is no longer valid, and it would be nice for L&P to finally get to live together on their own.

The basic premise of Penny, Leonard, and Sheldon living in those apartments is something that I think the showrunners will be resistant to change. L&P moving to 4B wouldn’t shake that up too much, but I’d be shocked if Amy moved in anytime soon. It might also be interesting/funny to see how Sheldon would cope with living on his own for a while.

I can't imagine they wouldn't do something special for the 200th episode. They will probably have a cast party thing like they did for the 100th. Speaking of special episodes, the first Sheldon initiated kiss on the train in The Locomotive Manipulation was the 150th episode to air. Do you think this was planned and intentional for them to kiss on the 150th episode or it just happened to end up that way? They were kind of lucky that it coincided around Valentine's Day. 

• Like 1

I’m actually attending the taping for #200, so I’m hoping it will be a memorable episode :)

I didn’t know episode 150 was the train kiss. That’s interesting. If I had to guess, I would say it was planned because of Valentine’s Day rather than for the milestone number, but I’m not sure. A happy coincidence, perhaps.

Have you guys seen the title for the next new episode that airs on 2/4? I saw the title when I looked up when new episodes would air, and all I can say is that I really hope Amy is back from her neurobiology conference!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dana1010 said:

I can't imagine they wouldn't do something special for the 200th episode. They will probably have a cast party thing like they did for the 100th. Speaking of special episodes, the first Sheldon initiated kiss on the train in The Locomotive Manipulation was the 150th episode to air. Do you think this was planned and intentional for them to kiss on the 150th episode or it just happened to end up that way? They were kind of lucky that it coincided around Valentine's Day. 

it was out of order. it was move to the 150, they had tape it for 149th.

to make sure it was for v-d.

2 hours ago, mjc45 said:

it was out of order. it was move to the 150, they had tape it for 149th.

to make sure it was for v-d.

I remember it being taped out of order because I went to the taping of it, but when I think of episode numbers I think of the order they air not the order they tape. It's probably just a coincidence that it was the 150th episode, but who knows. 

3 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

I’m actually attending the taping for #200, so I’m hoping it will be a memorable episode :)

I didn’t know episode 150 was the train kiss. That’s interesting. If I had to guess, I would say it was planned because of Valentine’s Day rather than for the milestone number, but I’m not sure. A happy coincidence, perhaps.

Have you guys seen the title for the next new episode that airs on 2/4? I saw the title when I looked up when new episodes would air, and all I can say is that I really hope Amy is back from her neurobiology conference!

I was actually at the taping for the next episode that airs so I can't say anything about it. But also I wanted to say that I just got a stand by ticket for the 200th taping as well. I hope it is a memorable episode too. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dana1010 said:

I was actually at the taping for the next episode that airs so I can't say anything about it. But also I wanted to say that I just got a stand by ticket for the 200th taping as well. I hope it is a memorable episode too. :)

The next episode title tells us more than a title usually does. I'm so interested to see how it goes.

Awesome that you got tickets for #200! Maybe I'll see you there while waiting in line. I sure hope you are able to get in with standby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lennyx3 said:

I've accidentally seen the title while swiping trough the timeline. But I try to forget it.

Why there is such a big break between last and next episode!?emoji30.png

I ask myself this question every time there is a big break between episodes. I personally prefer shows that air their seasons in two parts. They start in September go for say 12 weeks without any breaks, then break for a couple months. Start back up again in February/March and go another 12 weeks without any breaks. I just don't like getting really into the show and then having to pause for two weeks. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sunnydiamante said:

I just saw a 'disturbing' poll about Shamy. Should I be worried of the new episode? :(

No need to worry, it's just a result from spoiler discussions because people got carried away with a certain topic...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

I just saw a 'disturbing' poll about Shamy. Should I be worried of the new episode? :(

Ugh I just saw the poll too. I really hate when they do stuff like that. Is it too much to ask to have the thread be called "Shamy spoilers poll: Open only if you want to know spoilers"? I know it doesn't give anything away. It just bugs me. 

• Like 2