[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

Must rewatch. Will compose sentences tomorrow. 

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly. I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because

Posted Images

Well, I hope it's not as nightmarish as what happened in episode 2. I tend to visit the old pages in the spoilers thread and view posts of the aired episodes. People did overreact..and I know it was just a nightmare...but to me it really was horrible. Leonard's subconscious has a weird imagination.

9 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

Well, I hope it's not as nightmarish as what happened in episode 2. I tend to visit the old pages in the spoilers thread and view posts of the aired episodes. People did overreact..and I know it was just a nightmare...but to me it really was horrible. Leonard's subconscious has a weird imagination.

It's just rehashing what you've already seen (mostly) and whether Amy should apologize for the break up.  But don't go in there if you want to remain spoiler free.  It might mention the last two taping reports that haven't aired yet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

It's just rehashing what you've already seen (mostly) and whether Amy should apologize for the break up.  But don't go in there if you want to remain spoiler free.  It might mention the last two taping reports that haven't aired yet.

Thanks for sharing what it was about. I would like to voice my opinion. I do not think Amy should apologize for the break up. Sheldon was not the best boyfriend to her. He cancelled date nights for random reasons. He sometimes didn't pay attention to her during date nights. I think if Amy should apologize for the break up then Sheldon should apologize for the way she was treated. In short, I think both parties have done things that merit apologies, so I think if you ask it of one, you should ask if for the other. This is of course just my opinion and things in the next two episodes might alter my opinion. 

• Like 6

So far, no spoilers of the next two episodes on that thread [phew!]. I almost got a heart attack from some of the posts there, though. Especially from non-ShAmy shippers. Thank God I survived.

Anyways, here are my thoughts:

Amy should not apologize to Sheldon. She only asked for some time to step back and re-evaluate their relationship in the first place. Sheldon brought the breakup to himself by not giving Amy what she needed. It did good to both of them, right? He learned his lesson. She learned her lesson. It's all good! They realized that there is no one better than each other. It all worked out well. Maybe some people, like Sheldon, need closure so bad and they want to see the two of them talking about the breakup and feeling sorry for things they did. But come on guys... we don't need this drama. The important thing is that ShAmy is in a happy place right now.

I also think it's too late to bring this up. They should have talked about it in The Earworm Reverberation or The Opening Night Excitation or just for the sake of argument, a flashback on any future episodes, maybe?

Long live ShAmy!

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
  • Like 4

Thanks to April and Kathy2611 for clarifying what that poll was about. I was wondering about it too.

As for my thoughts on this, I think both Sheldon and Amy had a little bit of growing up to do. Amy needed to let go of some of her idealistic notions of what romance should be and to recognize that what she has with Sheldon is what’s right for her. Sheldon needed to understand how important Amy is in his life, that she’s not just an afterthought to schedule around his work, and that her wants and needs in the relationship are just as important as his own.

It’s unfortunate, but it was probably important for them to be apart to come to these conclusions, imo. Amy had her opportunity for a different kind of romance, but she found that she’d rather be with Sheldon. Sheldon got to see what role Amy really played in his life by having to be without her for a time. I imagine Sheldon now fully understands why they need to reside on the same planet!

Anyway, I don’t know that their time apart requires an apology. It’s just a life experience that they both needed, and I’m not sure that there was a better way for the two of them to figure these things out. Having said that, a discussion in the aftermath might still be a good idea in order to clarify what they went through and where they’re at now. That needn't necessarily happen onscreen, though.

Edited by Rule 34
  • Like 6

I think there was a new taping yesterday, the first one I want to stay unspoiled. And I really have to laugh about myself, because I tried to get to this thread without any glimpse to anything else on this fanpage. So this is the life of an unspoiled fan. For a short moment I was tempted to look for spoiler, but then I decided to stay spoiler free. I expect an amazing 200th episode because I think, it's a big milestone for the writers and the crew, too. And I think they want to make it special.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

I think there was a new taping yesterday, the first one I want to stay unspoiled. And I really have to laugh about myself, because I tried to get to this thread without any glimpse to anything else on this fanpage. So this is the life of an unspoiled fan. For a short moment I was tempted to look for spoiler, but then I decided to stay spoiler free. I expect an amazing 200th episode because I think, it's a big milestone for the writers and the crew, too. And I think they want to make it special.

It is always difficult that first time the taping happens and you try and go unspoiled. I find the easiest thing to do is to simply only go into this thread. What I do is just type "spo" and my history pops up and I click on this spoiler free thread link. That way I don't see new threads in the season 9 forum that say things like "Shamy predictions for the 200th", or see that a thread entitled "Should Sheldon propose to Amy?" suddenly have a whole bunch of new posts. These threads don't exist at least to my knowledge, but I tend to overthink the littlest thing that I see. I expect an amazing 200th as well. Can anyone tell me when the 200th is expected to air, not tape, but air?

• Like 1

It is always difficult that first time the taping happens and you try and go unspoiled. I find the easiest thing to do is to simply only go into this thread. What I do is just type "spo" and my history pops up and I click on this spoiler free thread link. That way I don't see new threads in the season 9 forum that say things like "Shamy predictions for the 200th", or see that a thread entitled "Should Sheldon propose to Amy?" suddenly have a whole bunch of new posts. These threads don't exist at least to my knowledge, but I tend to overthink the littlest thing that I see. I expect an amazing 200th as well. Can anyone tell me when the 200th is expected to air, not tape, but air?

I'm pretty sure it's 9 days after the taping so you (luckily) don't have to wait very long

I'm so tempted to go spoiler-free for episode 200 only (as much as possible anyways - I wouldn't stay off Twitter or Instagram, and I've already seen some things). BUT I really don't know that I have the resolve to do it LOL

Edited by ashleyo85
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

It's fun to be spoiler free, but it does take a little getting used to. 

5 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Can anyone tell me when the 200th is expected to air, not tape, but air?

The broadcast and taping thread says February 25th. That should be nice for anyone who wants to go spoiler free because it's not a long wait from when it tapes on the ninth.

• Like 1

There's many things I want to say...but I guess the review by the AVClub guy pretty much tells what I feel. I got worried about the poll for nothing--and I mean nothing. And Amy feels off in this episode for some reason. Anyone share the same sentiments?

• Like 3

This episode wasn’t exactly what I had hoped for.

The Meemaw character didn’t match up to how I envisioned her from the things Sheldon had said about her over the years. I expected warmth and humor, but we got animosity instead. I’ve been wanting more funny, goofy, happy Amy all season, and other than “The Opening Night Excitation,” I’m still waiting. 

While watching this episode, I really thought that it was going to turn out to be a ruse. I thought that Meemaw seemed a bit extreme in the childish way that she was treating Sheldon and in her dislike of Amy. It seemed like it might be a test to find out if her grandson felt strongly enough about Amy to stand up for her and make decisions like an adult. It would’ve been a way to see if Amy was the right person for Sheldon. Obviously, that wasn’t the case.

So maybe I’m just disappointed based on my own incorrect presumptions. 

One bright spot was that Sheldon did not agree when Meemaw demanded he never give Amy that ring. It might very well be the first time in his life that he didn’t immediately obey her. He handled the emotional confrontation like many people would (ignore it, run away, and hope it all goes away), but he showed no sign that he was going to be influenced by his Meemaw’s opinion of Amy. And that was all made clear even before he spoke to Leonard and Penny. 

I was also fond of Sheldon referring to Amy as his ‘work in progress’. Usually that’s presented the other way around, but it makes sense that Sheldon would think of it that way. The virginity line was funny too. Just put it right out there, Sheldon. lol

I’m not sure what to think about Raj’s storyline. We haven’t seen enough of Emily for me to feel much interest in that pairing. In any case, it’s nice to see them doing something with Raj.

• Like 3

I had a lot of apprehensions when I read the TR for the Meemaw episode (I got tempted in the two-week hiatus - don't judge me) but it wasn't as serious as I expected. Lots of angst and debates were thrown before it aired. I was just disappointed that the ShAmy storyline is poorly written, more so that Meemaw is here. We were given this legendary character whom we felt excited of seeing but was just put to waste - basically a let down. The thought that she can sit on Sheldon's spot but 'Amy never will' still bothers me. Also, I don't like the fact that Sheldon didn't decide for himself to defend his girlfriend from his Meemaw. We've seen a lot of growth from Sheldon since their breakup but here he is again being immature and ignoring the real issue. Maybe it's the longing for a ShAmy moment from the past two episodes talking but I never expected the appearance of Meemaw to be so underwhelming.

And the ring... I was looking forward for the proposal in the most Sheldon way possible but its reappearance made me throw away all those fantasies.

I feel empty inside. :(

SADNESS_Fullbody_Render.thumb.png.a5ebb9

• Like 3

Okay so there are things that I like and things that I don't like in this episode. Rule 34, your thought that it may have been a test for Sheldon to stand up for Amy was exactly what was going through my head in the middle of the taping. I wanted Sheldon to say, no Meemaw, Amy is the one for me.  What we got instead was Meemaw being cold towards Amy because she had broke his heart. This is a nice way to do it but it wasn't what I was expecting. 

fragileShamyHeart, I was not happy when Meemaw mentioned the ring. I've had time to process it and I feel better about it. I just don't like the idea that the proposal won't be a total surprise for Amy. I trust the writers to do the proposal the Shamy justice it deserves. 

The Meemaw character was not how I had pictured her, but you know when you spend that much time imagining how a character would be, it is nearly impossible for anyone to live up to that standards. 

• Like 5

Meemaw was hit and miss for me. The kleenex/Spiderman thing was funny, as were her church teeth and so forth. It was obvious how much she adored Sheldon, and I didn’t mind her having a bit of a prickly side.

It was certainly reasonable for Meemaw to be protective of Sheldon after seeing how much the breakup had hurt him. She claimed that she didn’t want to see that happen again. That’s great, neither do we. What bothered me, though, was that her behavior in no way matched up to her stated motivations. If she didn’t want Amy to break Sheldon’s heart again, then shouldn’t she want to offer help and support to keep that from happening? Antagonizing Amy and trying to discourage the relationship entirely doesn’t make sense to me. That would hurt Sheldon again, and that’s the complete opposite of what she claimed to want.

1 hour ago, QBMaja said:

I am okay with Sheldon defending Amy, that was sweet and funny ("work in progress" :) ), but I would have liked even more if Amy would have defended herself and told Meemaw why she would be the right woman for Sheldon. I think it would have been awesome if she would have told her why she loved Sheldon so much and why she wanted to be with him. But no, she went with "I'm his best shot." (WTH?!) and God forbid that she would ever let out an opportunity to point out again with what she had to "put up with"... I am truly and absolutely done with that as well. What happened to quirky Amy?! I really hope she'll show up again sometime.

It would’ve been fantastic to see Amy defend herself by explaining how good she and Sheldon are for one another. I think it would be helpful for Sheldon to hear the reasons why she chose to get back together with him. That was an excellent opportunity that they could’ve used to tell us what’s been going on in Amy’s head. I miss the Amy that used to talk about Sheldon’s quirks with loving acceptance and often even with admiration. 

I’m not sure what I think about the ring. It was weird that other characters knew about it while Amy did not. Still, I feel like that reveal deserved a better moment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fragileShAmyheart said:

A little less than 19mins with the theme song and the credits.

Thank you. May I ask where you get the information? I have a theory sort of going in my head. 

2 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Thank you. May I ask where you get the information? I have a theory sort of going in my head. 

I downloaded the episode. It's exactly 18:58 including the "I got nothing" quote from Chuck Lorre. I also learned from the episode's thread that there's way too much commercial when it aired.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, QBMaja said:

I didn't like all what Meemaw said either. For example, I found it super unfair to tell Penny how great it was that she had it "all", but then to go on and tell Amy that her career was not good because Sheldon needed much more attention. Seriously? Amy was right to tell her to stop treating Sheldon like a child. But all in all, I am fine with the characterization of Meemaw.

I agree with you on this. Now we see where Sheldon gets his personality (with Meemaw praising Penny and unintentionally insulting Leonard's chosen career). I also kind of like how they project Meemaw's character. We thought of her as sweet and caring (well she is, at least to Sheldon) but we meet a different kind of woman. It's fresh. But it seems her character wasn't used to its best in the story. I'm fine with mean Meemaw but her being mean did not really establish a connection with Amy. When we compare this with when Penny met Beverly for the first time, there was a disapproval but eventually the two women were allowed to relate with each other in the end even if Beverly did not completely approve of Penny. Penny and Bev had a connection. The writers had that opportunity for Meemaw and Amy. Instead we get Sheldon's half-assed intervention (yes, I daresay it is largely because he was urged by Penny and Leonard) between the women, ruining what could have been a meaningful conversation. It's a comedy show, I get that it has to be funny. But it's not like they can't make jokes around those types of conversations. Besides, what they opted for wasn't that funny at all.

And as for Amy, where's the girl who said "His quirks just make you love him more" and smiling despite everybody's scowls? Now she's just "putting up with him"? And she's his best shot? Oh, we know she is. But the way she said it sounded arrogant. Is it the script? or is it Mayim's delivery? I rewatched the episodes 10 to 14 in a marathon. Amy in the last one ain't the Amy character I know.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, QBMaja said:

I am SO missing her telling everyone how he makes her uterus quiver... Oh well, I still have hope though that things will improve again. I said it before, but I am super curious about how Amy will act now that she knows about the ring. So many possibilities! 

Well, maybe they'll go back to their old dynamics where Amy wants things and Sheldon thinks it's getting faster. Who knows. Valentine's day is coming, there might be hope for quirky sweet. Speaking of sweet, I loved Sheldon's "I just gave you my virginity, WOMAN." I really liked it when he referred to her as 'my woman' when she and Wil Wheaton had a fight. Makes you realize he's a grown up man and not an immature man-child.

• Like 3