[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Amy’s supporting character status has never been quite as glaring as it was during the breakup storyline. She needed to have a greater presence in her own story. They’ve used her to further some of the more serious aspects of the season, and it seems like the essence of Amy’s character has gotten a bit lost in all of it. I hope that we see more of her adorable weirdness soon.

When it comes to the ring, I don’t want the old desperate Amy/reluctant Sheldon dynamic back either. All I really want is the playfulness. Counterfactuals, social experiments, blanket forts, etc. It’s starting to feel like the writers are dwelling too much on their differences. What has always been special about Shamy is how much they have in common and how humorous that turns out to be. A Valentine's Day episode could be promising, if there is one this year.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

Happy 2nd year Anniversary of the SIK! Remember that time Sheldon rocked Amy's world on a train. 

the-big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-kiss-o.g

We got so much Shamy kisses recently, but somehow the train kiss is still the most taking breath away one of all. The most passionate one to me, because Sheldon was overwhelmed by a desire deep inside him. Because for the first time, he tasted desire. The one I most rewatch on youtube.

The Meemaw episode was the last one I was spoiled for. From now on, it's really unknown ground for me. *happy and excited*

• Like 2

To be honest - yes, I was a little disappointed with this episode, as the overall feedback from fans seems to  be too. Meemaw was not the way I pictured her to be, but well... I'm not going to the details, and trying not to analyze it or the episode too much. The episode was okay, but yes, there were things in the communication between Amy and meemaw (and others included) that bothered me. I wish the writers could have come up with different story line with meemaw and Amy, and handle it differently.  This communication lacked something I was expecting, I don't know how to put it to right words. Disjointed maybe is the best word for that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Catlina said:

To be honest - yes, I was a little disappointed with this episode, as the overall feedback from fans seems to  be too. Meemaw was not the way I pictured her to be, but well... I'm not going to the details, and trying not to analyze it or the episode too much. The episode was okay, but yes, there were things in the communication between Amy and meemaw (and others included) that bothered me. I wish the writers could have come up with different story line with meemaw and Amy, and handle it differently.  This communication lacked something I was expecting, I don't know how to put it to right words. Disjointed maybe is the best word for that.

Yay good to see you again Catlina. It feels like it has been a long time. Have you been watching it spoiled or just keeping quiet on the forums? Either way, good to read your thoughts again. 

I think I would like Meemaw more with a better storyline. I hope this is not the last we see of her. 

12 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Yay good to see you again Catlina. It feels like it has been a long time. Have you been watching it spoiled or just keeping quiet on the forums? Either way, good to read your thoughts again. 

I think I would like Meemaw more with a better storyline. I hope this is not the last we see of her. 

Thanks. I've been spoiler free now for about 1,5 years or so I think. So I haven't read spoilers since the last half of season 8 if I remember correctly. I have no plans to go back to be spoiled, at least entirely. I don't know if that's the reason I've been more quiet recently. I have had some other stuff going on in my life as well, so I've not enough time and energy to keep up with the forum.

But yes, as for Meemaw, I hope to see her again as well. They still have great potential with her to create humor to the show. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lennyx3 said:

I loved this episode!

Amy knows about the ring an Raj gets to know another woman.

Great!

I wonder if that other woman will come back in future episodes. I have not seen or heard of anything regarding that actress or Laura Spencer. It would make interesting storylines for Raj with both of them there. History of the show tells me that will probably not see her again, but you never know. 

Also random thing: fragileShamyheart, I love the gifs on your posts. "Putting the Bang into the Theory" is pretty funny. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

We got so much Shamy kisses recently, but somehow the train kiss is still the most taking breath away one of all. The most passionate one to me, because Sheldon was overwhelmed by a desire deep inside him. Because for the first time, he tasted desire. The one I most rewatch on youtube.

I agree. It was like a "checkmate" for me and still drives me crazy thinking of what's going on in Sheldon's brain then. I would imagine him having an arguement with his self of why he's involuntarily not breaking from the kiss even his brain tells him to. He couldn't come up with a conclusion and just got lost and drawn into the kiss even more. :tease:

I still do a fan-girl scream everytime I watch it (which is in a loop with Earworm and Opening Night eps... on my laptop... everyday). 

29 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

Also random thing: fragileShamyheart, I love the gifs on your posts. "Putting the Bang into the Theory" is pretty funny. 

Thanks! ^.^

Anyways... You mentioned in your earlier post that you have some sort of a theory going on regarding the Meemaw episode. Can you share that here? I was kind of curious.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fragileShAmyheart said:

Anyways... You mentioned in your earlier post that you have some sort of a theory going on regarding the Meemaw episode. Can you share that here? I was kind of curious.

My theory wasn't based on the Meemaw episode exactly, it was based on the decreased run time for episodes in the later seasons. I think they have to put in more commercials in the later seasons to pay for the larger contracts for some of the actors. I am sorry if I confused you. 

11 hours ago, dana1010 said:

My theory wasn't based on the Meemaw episode exactly, it was based on the decreased run time for episodes in the later seasons. I think they have to put in more commercials in the later seasons to pay for the larger contracts for some of the actors. I am sorry if I confused you. 

No worries. @sunnydiamante and I have the same theory. Not really a surprise 'cause they do the same in our country more often than we can count.

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
  • Like 1

I don't want the old dynamics again, too. It's just that what I've observed over the last seasons is that the writers have trouble letting go of their old stories even if they don't work as well as they did anymore. It's like when they take a big step forward, they also take a bigger step back. I'm looking forward to Valentine's day with a lot of hope...and isn't Sheldon's birthday coming up, too? Maybe Amy's present will be---------

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

I don't want the old dynamics again, too. It's just that what I've observed over the last seasons is that the writers have trouble letting go of their old stories even if they don't work as well as they did anymore. It's like when they take a big step forward, they also take a bigger step back. I'm looking forward to Valentine's day with a lot of hope...and isn't Sheldon's birthday coming up, too? Maybe Amy's present will be---------

Wow I can't believe I haven't thought about Valentine's Day at all for Shamy. I don't know anything about Shamy in Thursday's episode and I would think if there was a VDay episode, Thursday would be it. As far as Sheldon's birthday, I think it is around Marchish right? It would be cool if they did something for his birthday, but I don't see it being likely seeing as he doesn't really like his birthday. You never know though. 

4 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Wow I can't believe I haven't thought about Valentine's Day at all for Shamy. I don't know anything about Shamy in Thursday's episode and I would think if there was a VDay episode, Thursday would be it. As far as Sheldon's birthday, I think it is around Marchish right? It would be cool if they did something for his birthday, but I don't see it being likely seeing as he doesn't really like his birthday. You never know though. 

According to Intimicy Acceleration last year, his birthday is Feb. 26th. Jim Parsons birthday is on March 24th.

1 hour ago, Kathy2611 said:

According to Intimicy Acceleration last year, his birthday is Feb. 26th. Jim Parsons birthday is on March 24th.

Maybe they'll celebrate Sheldon's birthday on the Feb 25 episode. If so, Amy might have something prepared for him. Well, I hope so. ^.^

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2016 at 1:43 PM, ashleyo85 said:

I'm so tempted to go spoiler-free for episode 200 only (as much as possible anyways - I wouldn't stay off Twitter or Instagram, and I've already seen some things). BUT I really don't know that I have the resolve to do it LOL

My plan to go spoiler-free lasted all of 5 days. I've just realized I'm going to be away on Feb 25th and won't be able to see the episode until the 29th. So no way am I going to be able to hold out now :laugh:

When I realized Sheldon's birthday is around the 200th episode.....

giffy.gif.309ab8e1e99a7f299d7d6c074a6930

Oohhhhh the possibilities!....But I hope it's a group episode where Sheldon is not being a bitch just because it's (or I HOPE it is) his birthday. it's the 200th ep, come on! But the 200th ep is still so faraway anyway. We have two episodes more to go.

• Like 2

Uuh "today" airs the Valentine's episode, at least it's Thursday here and it airs on Thursday in America and hopefully will be online tomorrowemoji16.pngemoji16.png

So I can watch it after my lab-cleaning-party emoji2.png

Same here. I'm 12 time zones away from the US and the episode will be available online tomorrow morning, Friday, our time. I'm so excited! :clapping:

• Like 2

On 2/8/2016 at 10:00 AM, ashleyo85 said:

My plan to go spoiler-free lasted all of 5 days. I've just realized I'm going to be away on Feb 25th and won't be able to see the episode until the 29th. So no way am I going to be able to hold out now :laugh:

I'm sorry you weren't able to make it being spoiler free. It is a hard habit to get into if you are not used to it. 

• Like 2