[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

When I looked at the promotional photos, I already had a hunch that Amy's name might have been incorporated in the title of Fun With Flags but I never thought that that's how Sheldon would do it. Funny and cute. I also laughed hysterically when Amy said "No. I just blink a lot. It's not morse code for 'rescue me'." - my favorite line on this episode. And they have finally talked about their breakup! Lots of us, ShAmy shippers, were just assuming that they have settled all issues about it off cam but hearing them doing it onscreen, I personally had closure. Sheldon saying that their relationship is 'stronger that ever' made my heart flutter. Just awwwww... I just don't like the feeling when Lenny came into 4A mid sentence. NOW I have a new thing that needs closure! And did Sheldon wink at Amy at the end of the confetto scene? Or was he just blinking?

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
  • Like 6

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

Must rewatch. Will compose sentences tomorrow. 

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly. I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because

Posted Images

Wow this Valentine's day episode is just the right blend...sweet, funny. I don't think I found any really mean joke this episode. I'm so happy. The best part for me was Fun with Flags, too. Not only does this solidify the fact that FWF is their baby, but it's like Sheldon is screaming to the world "Amy Farrah Fowler is my girlfriend". He knows (bec. flag fans watch their show, yeah) that the whole world is gonna see this. Also, I find it sweet that Sheldon is a really romantic gift-giver. His gifts to Amy involves a part of himself. His trust (emergency contact), his picture sitting on Santa's lap, his mind (the DVD of his lecture at Stanford), his GENITALS... and now his SHOW (or half of it). They're celebrating the timeless love affair of wind and flapping fabric, like Amy is the wind who moves him. And his confession about his view on the break-up was just perfect and showed a lot of growth. At the end, I kind of wished he removed the confetto from Amy's nose.

I find it funny when the viewers assume that Amy is being forced to do FWF and being with Sheldon, in general. Oh if they only knew how smitten this woman is.  "No, I just blink a lot. It's not morse code for rescue me." is the best joke for me tonight.

• Like 8

“The Valentino Submergence” was one of the funniest episodes of the season, imo. Howard flashing Bernadette, Leonard/Penny with their cupid outfits, and of course, Fun with Flags.

Finally, some classic Shamy! Amy seemed perfectly content to spend her Valentine’s Day in this untraditional way. She appeared genuinely touched that Sheldon added her name to the show and didn’t seem to mind that this was his Valentine’s Day gift to her. That’s the Amy that I remember from previous seasons. Fun with Flags was funny, and seeing the two of them back in sync was adorable.

I would’ve liked to hear Sheldon finish what he was saying when Leonard and Penny came in, but I think we did hear enough to get a sense of how he feels about the breakup. The fact that he thinks it was an experience that made their relationship stronger is fantastic to hear. It means that they must’ve communicated enough at some point that Sheldon feels the situation is resolved.

The Raj and Emily breakup was not too surprising, but Bernadette's pregnancy announcement was. I'm happy to see new stories for these characters, and I think there's a lot of potential there. I'm a bit wary of them adding kids to the show, but I'm hoping these writers can keep it all funny.

• Like 7

Yay I am so happy so many of us loved the episode. Now I am curious how Sheldon and Amy will react to learning that Bernadette is pregnant. Will Sheldon freak out? Will Amy bring up the possibility of having kids with Sheldon? It's fun to think about. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Yay I am so happy so many of us loved the episode. Now I am curious how Sheldon and Amy will react to learning that Bernadette is pregnant. Will Sheldon freak out? Will Amy bring up the possibility of having kids with Sheldon? It's fun to think about. 

I'd lean more on Sheldon freaking out. He really hates change AND babies. :mosking: Maybe he'd freak out twice longer than usual but I'm positive our Amy can make him accept these gradually. Her comforting him while whining will be really fun to watch. Just like in the CooperKripke Inversion. ^.^

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, dana1010 said:

You never know with Sheldon, but I don’t think he will freak out because it doesn’t seem like it would impact his life that much. If it were Leonard and Penny having a child, then I think he would freak out. For some reason, I picture Sheldon taking interest only as an impartial observer. Sort of like using Howard and Bernadette as a test couple to see what having a child does to people’s lives and relationships.

8 hours ago, QBMaja said:

I also liked that Sheldon acknowledges that the break up was in retrospect a good thing for their relationship. But that didn't surprise me. Everything we have seen since their reconciliation already showed that. Yet, I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, I am still waiting to see what Amy has learned. Really, just a sentence other than "I think so too." would be sufficient.

The thing I hoped Amy had learned from the breakup was that Sheldon and his quirky, non-traditional brand of romance are what she really wants. In that sense, seeing her happy about Fun with Flags on Valentine’s Day suits me just fine. It’s the kind of thing I hope to see regularly from her in the future. 

• Like 3

On 2/12/2016 at 4:25 AM, dana1010 said:

Yay I am so happy so many of us loved the episode. Now I am curious how Sheldon and Amy will react to learning that Bernadette is pregnant. Will Sheldon freak out? Will Amy bring up the possibility of having kids with Sheldon? It's fun to think 

I think Sheldon's concern are more on the process of making babies. I don't remember him having issues of having a child. With his comments abt children and babies, he may actually have a latent desire of having them. That said, they will probably get pregnant after marriage. By then, Amy will have learned how it is to REALLY live with Sheldon. If that happens, i hope Sheldon will be the one wanting a child than Amy.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2016 at 10:48 PM, RJ1013 said:

The thing I hoped Amy had learned from the breakup was that Sheldon and his quirky, non-traditional brand of romance are what she really wants. In that sense, seeing her happy about Fun with Flags on Valentine’s Day suits me just fine. It’s the kind of thing I hope to see regularly from her in the future. 

So true. Vday showed Amy learning to celebrate Vday didn't necessarily mean the common concept of romance. She decided to spend it with him on FWF and no fuss over gifts because she knows Sheldon wouldn't like it. In a similar way, Sheldon knew Amy would like something special so he made an extra-special FWF episode not only by adding her name to the title but also by celebrating a timeless love affair LIVE. He did this even after he named the asteroid Amy thinking it would get him out of Vday forever.

• Like 3

ha I love that gif set. Thanks for posting. On Amy being happy with the casual VDay with Sheldon, since Sheldon's bday gift to her was his genitals, in a joking way we can almost ask what more can she ask for. It was a very Shamy thing to do a LIVE flag show broadcast on V-Day. 

• Like 2

Doing some reading of some older posts in the Shamy spoiler thread. I haven't done that in awhile. Some interesting observations I made in there. Is it possible that Sheldon was on the verge of proposing to Amy on FwF when Lenny burst in? I also read a cool post from the user Maddie that can be found here. (Don't worry you can click on it, there won't be any spoilers on that spoiler page). I thought I would share because I like the idea of Sheldon consistently trying to find the right moment to propose and getting interrupted until he finally just breaks down and does it at a random moment. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Doing some reading of some older posts in the Shamy spoiler thread. I haven't done that in awhile. Some interesting observations I made in there. Is it possible that Sheldon was on the verge of proposing to Amy on FwF when Lenny burst in? I also read a cool post from the user Maddie that can be found here. (Don't worry you can click on it, there won't be any spoilers on that spoiler page). I thought I would share because I like the idea of Sheldon consistently trying to find the right moment to propose and getting interrupted until he finally just breaks down and does it at a random moment. 

OMG that would be really cool! Sheldon has been surprising us with his first initiated kiss, first ILY, and of course the ring in 8X24. I would be extremely happy if they were just watching TV, or eating dinner, or playing a game, or just talking over tea and he popped the question all of a sudden and so matter-of-factly as if it was the most natural thing to do.

• Like 4

On 1/20/2016 at 5:13 AM, Maddie said:

Going off what Lio said about Sheldon getting interrupted by Lenny at the end, now I'm wondering if this could be a theme throughout the rest of the season. Sheldon keeps trying to organize the perfect way to propose to Amy (btw, proposing during a FWF episode would be so cute), and each time he either gets interrupted by something or the plans are otherwise ruined. This could happen several times, and would keep the audience invested. It would also put a twist on and add interest to the proposal now that Amy knows about the ring.

And then finally the proposal happens in probably a completely unexpected and unplanned way. It doesn't really matter the circumstance. Maybe one day they're hanging out in her lab, and Amy says something that endears Sheldon for the zillionth time, and Sheldon just looks at her after a moment and says, "marry me" and that's that.

Orrrrr... they could literally get engaged next episode. :p There's no telling with these writers.

What if indeed! Valentine's day... and Sheldon proposing on a live broadcast of FwF would be really romantic. That would be the grandest gesture Sheldon could give to Amy. [*screaming inside]

An out-of-the-blue "marry me" would also be nice. And in her lab??? Amy will be like...

56c1b61055d74_AmyHyperventilating.gif.a7

• Like 4

Well, it would be very predictable, but perhaps they really go with shamy engagement in the 200th episode? I would rather say no because we just had so much shamy highlights recently, and because the writers like to surprise us. On the other hand, there aren't that much episodes left if they end with the 10th season or even if they go with an final 11th season. I don't know. The only thing I know is that I'm really full of expectation about that episode.

By the way, I was wrong when I said 9.15 was the first episode I was unspoiled for. I wasn't, but I forgot until my daughter asked if the others already know that Bernadette is pregnant. It was the last taping report I have read. But now I'm really unspoiled! And I indeed enjoy it very much and look forward to Friday when I can stream the first TBBT episode that is really a surprise to me. Yay!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

Well, it would be very predictable, but perhaps they really go with shamy engagement in the 200th episode? I would rather say no because we just had so much shamy highlights recently, and because the writers like to surprise us. On the other hand, there aren't that much episodes left if they end with the 10th season or even if they go with an final 11th season. I don't know. The only thing I know is that I'm really full of expectation about that episode.

By the way, I was wrong when I said 9.15 was the first episode I was unspoiled for. I wasn't, but I forgot until my daughter asked if the others already know that Bernadette is pregnant. It was the last taping report I have read. But now I'm really unspoiled! And I indeed enjoy it very much and look forward to Friday when I can stream the first TBBT episode that is really a surprise to me. Yay!

Yay! Congrats on being spoiler free. I got spoiled on the Meemaw episode because of the 2-week hiatus (I got tempted) but I'm glad I'm back to being unspoiled. ^.^

• Like 2

7 hours ago, babyAnne said:

Hi Everyone! My name is Anne and I'm new in the forum. I decided to go spoiler free all the way and I'm excited to talk about the show with you. <3

Welcome to the spoiler free thread. It takes a lot of endurance but as penny once said "not knowing is part of the fun"

• Like 6

13 hours ago, babyAnne said:

Hi Everyone! My name is Anne and I'm new in the forum. I decided to go spoiler free all the way and I'm excited to talk about the show with you. <3

Welcome Anne. Feel free to post your random Shamy thoughts. It's pretty care free in here. A whole lot of naive talk about what we want to happen and excitement over things that have already happened. That being said, here is  your official warning. :)

tumblr_m7g4rds0aF1qj74sxo2_250.gif

• Like 5

Hello to babyAnne and Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl. It's always great to see new spoiler free folks!

dana1010, don't tell them we're ca-razy right away. Just give them a friendly smile so we don't scare them off. Like so:

mayim-bialik-smile-gif.gif 

tumblr_ltiu4zdSNN1qgj4zoo3_250.gif~c200

• Like 4

This is a better introduction. 

Join-Shamy-Spot-the-big-bang-theory-2454

We spend a lot of time waiting for new things and feeling like this. 

tumblr_m76e3wx1qQ1r4tp8ho1_500.gif

But often we get rewarded for our patience because 

tumblr_m3a7ltWTuR1qj74sxo1_500.gif

And we get blessed with wonderful things like these 

tumblr_nengewW3VQ1qdz44io4_r1_400.gifsiobjW.gifimage.gif.453a98e45d1b8cfd5307296ec9bac1tumblr_nkvpy0Fje41qasxjlo1_500.gif

Edited by dana1010
  • Like 8

On the Positive Negative Reaction, yes another golden tbbt ep for me.

I loved everything in this episode. But here are the things I loved most:

1. Howardette baby reveal (Howardette kitchen relay, Howard to the guys, Bernie to the girls). Penny's 'surprised' reaction was my favorite.

2. It's a group episode.

3. Sheldon is not being a baby, despite them talking about it

4. Sheldon goes Texan when he's drunk: "Hey, how ya doin'?" And he uses a period instead of a question mark. LOL.

5. They're talking about their work. Has anyone else noticed hints about their research being dropped here and there all throughout the season? I hope the four of them will have a collab of some sorts and they'll succeed together.

6. Amy: Me, me too! I'm a grown up and I've done IT!

7. Everybody taking turns in the karaoke. Especially this Shamy moment:

56c69309d6c30_Firstlove.gif.212f6cbe2d74 56c693102668e_Hearhear.gif.70b730b45e8c1

Edited by sunnydiamante
Wrong usage of punctuation. Probably drunk
  • Like 4