[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

This episode is just divine! I enjoyed every bit of it. It's a group episode and I'm loving the drunk Sheldon [Emmys here we come!]. Funny how he's still smarter than the rest of the guys as pointed out by Raj and drunk texting Amy. "He's sooo wasted" because he used a period instead of a question mark. Also, we rarely see serious Sheldon but when he is, he gives the most meaningful advice. Certainly gave Howard a relief when he said "...I'm confident you're gonna be the best dad you can be". Awwww...

It's a Howardette baby story line but I LOVE the snippets of Shamy in between especially this one! I'm like, OH MY GOSH!

1-small.gif.7b6e6f413cb5b490662d43720c5a

2-small.gif.c146030a79183a5f613970cac972

3-small.gif.ea91ca73431dced73a2ea5290ab3

HIGH FIVE INDEED!!!

• Like 6

Wow that episode just blew me away. I did not expect it to be as good as it was. So many jokes had me laughing out loud. I mean once I realized Sheldon was drinking, I knew it would be a good time. I loved the subtle Shamy thing in the gifs from sunnydiamante. This episode is just one more proof that group episodes are where this show thrives. 

*Also random but I have to say that I absolutely love your signature sunnydiamante. I like the comparison of Lenny and Shamy. :)

• Like 5

I soooo much enjoyed my first episode without being spoiled. So sweet scenes with Howard and Bernadette. But I was happy Sheldon stopped the last one, Howard singing was too cheesy for me. Leonard singing made me want to crawl under the table (good job, Johnny), but I enjoyed them all doing karaoke.  I always like Jim Parons singing (except for "we will rock you"), I bet he's a really good singer.

I liked Leonard and Penny talking about having a baby.

Since I'm not a native speaker, I don't get all subtile details. Next thing I do is to read the transcript because I couldn't understand everything. The things still staying vague will be cleared when the dubbed version comes to German TV.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Wow that episode just blew me away. I did not expect it to be as good as it was. So many jokes had me laughing out loud. I mean once I realized Sheldon was drinking, I knew it would be a good time. I loved the subtle Shamy thing in the gifs from sunnydiamante. This episode is just one more proof that group episodes are where this show thrives. 

*Also random but I have to say that I absolutely love your signature sunnydiamante. I like the comparison of Lenny and Shamy. :)

Awww, you're making me blush. Thanks.

blush.gif.39cc43a558a41b2465eab0988403ce

• Like 4

9 hours ago, fragileShAmyheart said:

1-small.gif.7b6e6f413cb5b490662d43720c5a

2-small.gif.c146030a79183a5f613970cac972

3-small.gif.ea91ca73431dced73a2ea5290ab3

HIGH FIVE INDEED!!!

Yeah. High five all around! :)

I enjoyed the episode so much that I laughed my a** off! All the jokes worked for me. I'm still at a loss for words. This episode is just superb!

Edited by babyAnne
  • Like 3

Really good TBBT episodes leave me smiling throughout, and this was definitely one of those. It’s a great example of why I like group episodes so much.

Howard and Bernadette sharing their news was very well done. It was both sweet and funny. Sheldon freaked out a tiny bit, but not in any way that overshadowed Howard’s own freak out. 

The friendly support offered in the scenes with the guys and the girls highlighted the friendship aspects of this show, which is something I always like to see. All four guys collaborating on a work idea together was especially neat.

Drunk Sheldon was as amusing as ever. The karaoke was as well. They were all a bit bad at it, which only made it more charming and funny.

Amy’s pride at being able to relate to the others during the sex conversations was endearing. I wonder how many times they’re going to mention the Shamy coitus this season?

Sheldon’s vasectomy mention was intriguing, partially because he and Amy have always spoken favorably about potential offspring, but also because it was a public admittance that he plans to partake in coitus again in the future.

That’ s all I can remember right now. This one definitely deserves a re-watch. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RJ1013 said:

Amy’s pride at being able to relate to the others during the sex conversations was endearing. I wonder how many times they’re going to mention the Shamy coitus this season?

Sheldon’s vasectomy mention was intriguing, partially because he and Amy have always spoken favorably about potential offspring, but also because it was a public admittance that he plans to partake in coitus again in the future.

The bold part!!! (And maybe they already have?) The girls were talking about spontaneous coitus. Their first time certainly wasn't a one-thing-led-to-another event. So there must be other events we don't know of? :wink:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RJ1013 said:

It has been brought up in pretty much every episode since then - either a blatant comment or some sort of flirty suggestion (like Amy's "wish you were here" a few episodes back, that was so cute). I'm wondering if there's something brewing in the writer's room. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

The bold part!!! (And maybe they already have?) The girls were talking about spontaneous coitus. Their first time certainly wasn't a one-thing-led-to-another event. So there must be other events we don't know of? :wink:

Sounds like a fine idea to me :)

I’m not sure how the writers will handle Shamy coitus in the future. The frequency of handholding, hugs, and kisses were all ambiguous initially as well. After the first instance of each, the show eventually made it clear to us that these expressions of affection had become semi-regular occurrences. Perhaps coitus will be dealt with in a similar way.

53 minutes ago, April said:

It has been brought up in pretty much every episode since then - either a blatant comment or some sort of flirty suggestion (like Amy's "wish you were here" a few episodes back, that was so cute). I'm wondering if there's something brewing in the writer's room. lol

Sheldon’s mention of coitus in front of Meemaw was the most unexpected and blatant of them all. Each mention has been quite funny, and it's a refreshing change from the jokes about lack of coitus that were so often made over the years, imo.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, QBMaja said:

PS: I am obviously too stupid to use this quote function on my mobile device. So I gave up. My nerves can't handle this mess. :(

It's not you!  It's the hated quote function. Peppered throughout the spoiled threads are all of us bitching about the quote function.  In spite all the joy, sadness, anger, disagreements and fights we have with each other, I think that's the one thing we all, (regardless of which ship we're in INCLUDING "Shenny's" and "Sheldon Purists") can agree on.  

We HATE the quote function on this forum!!

One of these days, we're all going to gather together and hunt the bastard down who designed it and beat his/her ass and then force them to use their stupid quote function to communicate with anyone for the rest of their life.  :icon_twisted:

When we're ready to finally do that, we'll come and get you unspoiled ones so you can join us.

• Like 6

So allow me to bring up the elephant in the room. Okay not really, but still this episode has me thinking about Shamy kids. The way I look at it we have a handful of options for them. 

A) Shamy have kids on the show. There is a storyline related to Amy being pregnant and she delivers a baby. 

B ) The show ends without us knowing what happens in the future. It just ends with them both and we get to decide in our own little headcannons whether or not they have kids in the future. 

C) It is made clear that they will never have kids. 

D) There is a flash forward to the future where it is made clear that they have kids. We don't see Amy pregnant on the show. 

Let me know if there are other options. My choice is D) but I will give my explanation of why in another post.tumblr_inline_o2tgpdoZig1rkf363_500.gif

Edited by dana1010
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

So allow me to bring up the elephant in the room. Okay not really, but still this episode has me thinking about Shamy kids. The way I look at it we have a handful of options for them. 

A) Shamy have kids on the show. There is a storyline related to Amy being pregnant and she delivers a baby. 

B ) The show ends without us knowing what happens in the future. It just ends with them both and we get to decide in our own little headcannons whether or not they have kids in the future. 

D) There is a flash forward to the future where it is made clear that they have kids. We don't see Amy pregnant on the show. 

Let me know if there are other options. My choice is D) but I will give my explanation of why in another thread. 

tumblr_inline_o2tgpdoZig1rkf363_500.gif

Ugh! I would hate option B. I'm like Sheldon. I need closure so bad or else I almost can't sleep. But option D isn't so bad. I wish they'll have fraternal twins like Sheldon and Missy, though. Little sets of feet running around, and then in the end, Sheldon would say to Amy "If I hadn't had vasectomy, we'd need a bigger place."

[*fangirl scream] 

Sorry, I'm not sorry. ^.^

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fragileShAmyheart said:

Ugh! I would hate option B. I'm like Sheldon. I need closure so bad or else I almost can't sleep. But option D isn't so bad. I wish they'll have fraternal twins like Sheldon and Missy, though. Little sets of feet running around, and then in the end, Sheldon would say to Amy "If I hadn't had vasectomy, we'd need a bigger place."

[*fangirl scream] 

Sorry, I'm not sorry. ^.^

I love it! The reason why I want a flash forward scenario is because I want to see them with toddlers more than with babies. I love the idea of a little boy in a flash t shirt running up to daddy Sheldon. Option B would be cruel, but in a way it is nice because it means everyone can make up their own minds on what the future holds. 

15 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Let me know if there are other options. My choice is D) but I will give my explanation of why in another post.tumblr_inline_o2tgpdoZig1rkf363_500.gif

I want scenario D as well. I'm content with some kind of photo montage. Or maybe some years later they'll get together to celebrate the 10th year anniversary of an award/achievement the four guys had. As long as it's happy and cliffhanger-free I'm fine. I want closure, too. Otherwise, I'll probably not stop badgering and badgering the writers until my fingers break even if it'll amount to nothing.

15 hours ago, dana1010 said:

E) Towards the end of the show Amy gets pregnant. Although we don't see the baby we see how she and Sheldon make plans for their future family.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, dana1010 said:

I like D and @April's E as well. Both would make for happy conclusions without impacting the overall feel of the show. 

B would be fine with me, but I imagine most viewers would prefer more closure.

Sheldon and Amy have both made so many mentions about their eventual progeny that I hope C doesn’t happen. 

I don’t think I’d like A. I’d rather not see a lot of kids and baby stuff on the show. The Howard and Bernadette baby storyline may go well enough, but as supporting characters, their child doesn’t necessarily have to be a huge part of the show the way that a child for Sheldon (or Leonard and Penny) would.

• Like 7

On 2/20/2016 at 0:08 AM, QBMaja said:

PS: I am obviously too stupid to use this quote function on my mobile device. So I gave up. My nerves can't handle this mess. :(

On 2/20/2016 at 6:58 AM, Kathy2611 said:

It's not you!  It's the hated quote function. Peppered throughout the spoiled threads are all of us bitching about the quote function.  In spite all the joy, sadness, anger, disagreements and fights we have with each other, I think that's the one thing we all, (regardless of which ship we're in INCLUDING "Shenny's" and "Sheldon Purists") can agree on.  

One of these days, we're all going to gather together and hunt the bastard down who designed it and beat his/her ass and then force them to use their stupid quote function to communicate with anyone for the rest of their life.  :icon_twisted:

When we're ready to finally do that, we'll come and get you unspoiled ones so you can join us.

xT0BKIoqwmXlSv99lu.gif

Edited by RJ1013
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, April said:

E) Towards the end of the show Amy gets pregnant. Although we don't see the baby we see how she and Sheldon make plans for their future family.

This is interesting. I'm not sure the show would ever take this route. I think I would be annoyed if I see a pregnant Amy and not see her with her child. 

On February 20, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Kathy2611 said:

I hate the quote function.  Although I have kinda sorta figured it out...  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

I hate the quote function.  Although I have kinda sorta figured it out...  

Famous last words before it proves you wrong and if you ever do figure it out for real, you'll need to write a detailed manual  and post it so we can all learn too.

36 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Famous last words before it proves you wrong and if you ever do figure it out for real, you'll need to write a detailed manual  and post it so we can all learn too.

I can't.  I've been told working on my fan fic has priority over everything.  :icon_redface:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

Can't you at least include it in your fanfic? That way it'll be both entertaining and educational.

Leonard teachers Shamy ( this is the Shamy thread) about our quoting system. Hmmmmm. 

• Like 1