[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

4 hours ago, RJ1013 said:

Yeah, that's a bummer.  I hope you got a good Shamy episode too. Just don't tell us yet...

Hey Sunny! It's not an easy thing to arrange when you live far away, but I sure hope you make it to a taping someday.

I meant to reply to this before, but yesterday's post was already becoming a wall o' text. Anyway, a big yes to the bold. The living arrangements make no sense at this point, and changing that up would be refreshing. Unfortunately, I'm not so sure that they'll have the courage to change the basic setup of the show.

More Shamy for the end of the season would be great as long as they don't leave us with another dramatic cliffhanger. I don't want another train trip or breakup kind of ending. Comedy and character development would be welcome, though.

Yes to all! Also, Jim once mentioned in an interview about the difficulty on how they are going to separate Leonard and Sheldon whose lives as roommates have been really central to the show. And then he kind of said "maybe Amy moves in". This is not a spoiler though coz it's not really certain yet. But you know how Jim often predicts what happens? Like back in 2009 he kind of predicted Sheldon's love life. And then when he said in an interview at the beginning of season 9 that Sheldon and Amy should already do it...and then they did. I'm crossing my fingers right now. And I agree, no dramatic ending...at least for Lenny and Shamy. A Shelnard 'breakup' would be awesome coz that would lead to them finally separating apartments.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, becauseimsunny said:

Yes to all! Also, Jim once mentioned in an interview about the difficulty on how they are going to separate Leonard and Sheldon whose lives as roommates have been really central to the show. And then he kind of said "maybe Amy moves in". This is not a spoiler though coz it's not really certain yet. But you know how Jim often predicts what happens? Like back in 2009 he kind of predicted Sheldon's love life. And then when he said in an interview at the beginning of season 9 that Sheldon and Amy should already do it...and then they did. I'm crossing my fingers right now. And I agree, no dramatic ending...at least for Lenny and Shamy. A Shelnard 'breakup' would be awesome coz that would lead to them finally separating apartments.

I approve of Jim's prediction :)  The Shelnard friendship is something that I enjoy, but I think that it's time for it to evolve. The current living arrangements simply make no sense at this point. There are two apartments, so it wouldn't even change the character interactions that much to separate them. I actually think a brief time of Sheldon living on his own might be interesting. That change wouldn't alter the show much at all. It's Amy moving in that would really change things.

One last thing about the last episode. Having just finished a re-watch of season 5, it's amazing how different Sheldon is now, particularly when it comes to his facial expressions. While playing 'Never have I ever', his face was more expressive than ever before. It's fun to see Sheldon allowing himself to have a good time. Such a playful, flirty, and happy Sheldon would've been unthinkable not that long ago. It must be nice for Jim Parsons too, getting to play a character that is growing to show new emotions over the last few years.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RJ1013 said:

I approve of Jim's prediction :)  The Shelnard friendship is something that I enjoy, but I think that it's time for it to evolve. The current living arrangements simply make no sense at this point. There are two apartments, so it wouldn't even change the character interactions that much to separate them. I actually think a brief time of Sheldon living on his own might be interesting. That change wouldn't alter the show much at all. It's Amy moving in that would really change things.

One last thing about the last episode. Having just finished a re-watch of season 5, it's amazing how different Sheldon is now, particularly when it comes to his facial expressions. While playing 'Never have I ever', his face was more expressive than ever before. It's fun to see Sheldon allowing himself to have a good time. Such a playful, flirty, and happy Sheldon would've been unthinkable not that long ago. It must be nice for Jim Parsons too, getting to play a character that is growing to show new emotions over the last few years.

Yep, even his voice modulation. He's more cheerful/expressive now than before. I rewatched Season 1 and I'm kind of  this is a completely different Sheldon but at the same it's still him. He's so robotic, monotonous, and in control. Idk if I'm making any sense. Also, on Jim Parsons playing something different for his character: He wants a pillow talk for Shamy! I soooo wanna see that.

• Like 5

Lots of good stuff on here. I agree Sheldon does look dramatically different between the early seasons and now. It's weird because he is still the same quirky person, just different. On a Shelnard break up for the finale, I am 100% on board. If a sad break up for them is what is needed to get them to switch apartments then I am okay with it. They will of course make up when the new season starts. 

Shamy pillow talk is going to be so much fun. I say "is" because I am certain we will see it sometime in the future. I know they aren't going to end the season without at least some mention of Shamy having coitus again and I still think the ring will pop up at some point. I fear though that if there is a cliff hanger that it will be Shamy related with the ring. At this point, I don't see how they could have a cliffhanger with a ring that both Sheldon and Amy know about, which is pretty obvious that she will say yes. Whatever happens, I am excited to see what happens in the last 4 episodes of the season, although I have seen the next one already. Don't worry though I won't say a thing. :)

tumblr_mbc022oFif1ra5dneo8_250.gif

• Like 3

On 4/12/2016 at 4:57 AM, RJ1013 said:

I did realize the multiple meanings of Big Bear. They actually use both meanings for 'precipitation' as well. Precipitation as rain for the cabin plot, and precipitation meaning a sudden, hasty action, or falling down for the giant teddy bear plot. The titles can be pretty clever, kind of like how "The Opening Night Excitation" was not just a Star Wars based excitement for that night :)

I thought the episode turned out to be fantastic! I'm glad we got to see a taping that had such adorable Shamy interactions. Watching them film multiple takes of scenes like those is pretty special.

Well, The Opening Night Excitation was an easy one! :) I probably realized that it has a SW meaning after I realized it's meaning for Shamy though ; )

But Big Bear was actually also easy! I wouldn't have figured it out about 'precipitation', but at least the Big Bear, I should have! We were just feeling stupid for not figuring it out : D

me too! And it was so amazing to watch the  BTS too  < 3 I still remember how Mayim fixed Jim's hair, was so cute

• Like 2

New episode day!

On 4/16/2016 at 3:13 AM, brilliantfool said:

And it was so amazing to watch the  BTS too  < 3 I still remember how Mayim fixed Jim's hair, was so cute

Yup. And there was that one take where he drops his pants and at the end of the scene shuffles over to her with his pants around his ankles. Lol!

I've been wanting to ask you about the other taping you went to. With only four episodes left this season, I'm hoping you got another good one.

On 4/16/2016 at 4:28 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

Why would it?

The gang could still meet up in 4A, for communal meals etc.

From the very beginning, this show has been all about Penny, Leonard, and Sheldon living in those two apartments. There are three leads on this show, and this is one of the things that sort of delineates that. Amy moving in strikes me as a significant change in the premise of the show, and I think the writers are likely to stall something like that for as long as they can. 

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the previous two. At least there were adressed several interesting issues. Penny signed a roomate agreement. Raj actually dates Emily and Claire (though I still hope they bring back Lucy). Amy and Leonard talking about Sheldon and Penny being close.

Funny lines with Amy pretending, haha. I like Howard being an ass, Simon Helberg is such a great actor.

It's about time for Leonard and Penny to have a home for their own. I'm curious what the cliffhanger on the end of the season will be.

• Like 2

I enjoyed bits of the episode. There were some funny jokes, I hated Sheldon tonight but damn Jim's "meeting, meeting, bo-beating" cracked me up.

Hmmm just wanna rant some. Leonard calling out Sheldon's douchie-ness here has been a long time coming, so no surprise for me. But what I appreciate more here is that Leonard and Amy finally stood up to there partners. Pardon, I'll include some Lenny here. There was always some double-standard among Lenny and Shamy when it comes to who loves whom more. It's always been kinda shown that Leonard and Amy feel more affection to their respective partners than the other, and most of the time tend to sacrifice more or be more considerate. Now, Leonard stood up to Penny and Amy stood up to Sheldon, and I love it. Hopefully this leads to Shelnard 'break-up', Yay!

Also, a fun observation a found on tumblr: the douches stayed in the other apartment (besides Stuart of course) and I was like, riiiight.

• Like 7

Episodes where so many characters are at odds are really not my favorite. Those ones aren't as funny, imo. I prefer lighthearted stories where the more quirky, likable character traits shine. And really, if they wanted some clashes that are humorous, Penny and Sheldon would’ve been my pick. For some reason, they constantly get along well together now, but I miss the early season Sheldon and Penny interactions. They were funnier when their friendship wasn’t quite as sweet as it is now. 

I’m not sure how they managed to do an episode about Leonard being peeved at Sheldon regarding roommate stuff without actually addressing the fact that it’s weird that they are still living together at all. I guess we’re not supposed to notice? After Shamy got back together, they never mentioned a new reason for this married couple to keep living with Sheldon, but apparently Penny has even signed a roommate agreement. Maybe this is just setup for the end of the season and they’ll finally deal with it. I hope so because at this point it has become nonsensical. If L/P do move out, I hope the writers can find a way to handle the issue with more humor than drama. If they don't move out, I'd like to at least see some kind of reason given.

It was interesting to find out that there are no Relationship Agreement meetings anymore. I would’ve thought that Amy would’ve enjoyed that kind of thing to some degree, and it’s a little sad to think that she didn’t. It’s essential that she speak up for herself and be honest, and I’m happy that she seems to be doing that. I think with a person like Sheldon, it’s important to be straightforward. Even though he was a little hurt by Amy’s admittance, it obviously wasn’t a severe thing. They were sitting together at the hospital, close enough that they were leaning against each other, which is quite unusual. Of the two couples, it seems like Leonard and Penny might be the ones who have bigger issues to deal with.

• Like 5

I have mixed feelings about this episode. It was in my opinion a fun episode to see taped because there were so many scenes in the two apartments and the hallway. Side set scenes are not as much fun because you can't see the actors in between. 

Things that I liked: The fact that this is so clearly setting up a roommate switcheroo. Amy's delivery of her "faking" being at relationship agreement meetings. Simon's acting was superb. 

Things that I didn't like: The fact that Amy has declared that she never enjoyed her relationship meetings with Sheldon. That line kind of stabbed me in the heart a little the first time I heard it. I mean really, Amy never liked them at all? I also don't like the Sheldon and Penny always together kind of thing. 

To me, there are two situations that were clearly brought up in this episode that could be things that lead to the finale. 

1) Sheldon and Penny are way too close

2) It is weird that Leonard and Penny still live with Sheldon. 

If these two things are not addressed in the finale or in the last 2 episodes leading up to it, then I am going to throw my hands up in the air and shout what was the point of bringing them up then. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, lennyx3 said:

What accent does Claire have?

I'm not sure. I don't really notice accents most of the time. 

On a side note, it is my little headcannon that Penny leading the pledge was the pledge to the roommate flag and not to the American flag. 

latest?cb=20110505223709

• Like 2

Howard's impression of Raj was very funny! Amy's demonstration of how she fakes interest in the meetings was amusing too, at least in terms of how it was acted out. One of the nice things about this show is that pretty much every episode has some bright spots.

Amy not liking the meetings still seems all wrong to me. Isn't that when they would talk about the various steps forward in their relationship? Also, there was once this Amy:

14vIc5WAjVI9xe.gif

For plot purposes, I guess they needed a tiny dispute of some kind, but I would've preferred something that made more sense. They're so careful with how they write Sheldon; I just wish they would write Amy with a bit more care as well.

On 4/22/2016 at 0:17 PM, dana1010 said:

Things that I liked: The fact that this is so clearly setting up a roommate switcheroo. Amy's delivery of her "faking" being at relationship agreement meetings. Simon's acting was superb. 

Things that I didn't like: The fact that Amy has declared that she never enjoyed her relationship meetings with Sheldon. That line kind of stabbed me in the heart a little the first time I heard it. I mean really, Amy never liked them at all? I also don't like the Sheldon and Penny always together kind of thing. 

To me, there are two situations that were clearly brought up in this episode that could be things that lead to the finale. 

1) Sheldon and Penny are way too close

2) It is weird that Leonard and Penny still live with Sheldon. 

If these two things are not addressed in the finale or in the last 2 episodes leading up to it, then I am going to throw my hands up in the air and shout what was the point of bringing them up then. 

Yes to all of this, the likes and the dislikes. I hope this episode turns out to be setup for the finale. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2016 at 5:17 PM, dana1010 said:

Things that I didn't like: The fact that Amy has declared that she never enjoyed her relationship meetings with Sheldon.

I guess that also means she was being sarcastic, when, on being presented with the Relationship Agreement, she she said "It’s so romantic.:( 

EDIT: Beaten to it by RJ1013.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

I think the novelty of the Relationship Agreement wore off pretty quickly for Amy when she realized it benefited Sheldon more than her. That and she saw the RA as a major barrier to Sheldon's growth and maturing.

• Like 1

Sure, she said "That's so romantic." but by the end of the same episode she wondered if she should have gotten a lawyer. Over the years she's been shown to enjoy the RA the most when she could get something out of it and have Sheldon do relationshippy things (as this was the time when Sheldon would still struggle with his own commitment and developing emotions) or when it was held up as a sign of their superior relationship. But the one RA meeting we saw she didn't look particularly thrilled, especially not when Sheldon still wouldn't come up with a cute pet name for her.

So overall I think it doesn't contradict what we've seen in the past.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I like when spoiler folks stop in to converse :)

To me, the RA is a bit of a mixed bag. I agree that it became a barrier to Sheldon’s growth, but I also have always considered it as a necessary stepping stone. It’s a level of structure that I think he needed in the beginning. He needed to grow in a lot of ways, and that agreement helped him to do so in a measured way that he could handle. 

So while I imagine Amy would not want to see the RA return (I don’t either), I still would have thought she’d have a certain nostalgic fondness for it. It helped them get that start and then played a part in how the two of them learned to communicate and compromise. I’m sure those meetings weren’t easy, and I’m glad they’ve grown from there. I guess it's simply my personal preference to want to think of them both enjoying that journey more often than not. Anyway, they seemed content together at the hospital, it's good that she is being straightforward with him, and I don't think it's a big deal to either of them. 

• Like 3

I think what she was talking about as being "so romantic" when he presented her with the RA, was him referring to himself as "hereafter known as the boyfriend," and her as " hereafter known as the girlfriend".  When its your first time, that's kind of heady.

• Like 1

When I think about the RA, I think of "that's so romantic" and "it's better than hot, it's binding". When I think about Amy not liking RA agreement meetings I think of the relationship summit at the beginning of train episode where they talk about Amy's potential nickname and where they will spend Valentine's Day. 

That being said, I feel like I may have overlooked an important aspect to this line. Does this imply that since Amy never enjoyed the relationship agreement meetings that there is no more Relationship Agreement since they got back together? Am I wrong in thinking that? 

Just likde RJ1013,  I love seeing some others voice some opinions

200_s.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

When I think about the RA, I think of "that's so romantic" and "it's better than hot, it's binding". When I think about Amy not liking RA agreement meetings I think of the relationship summit at the beginning of train episode where they talk about Amy's potential nickname and where they will spend Valentine's Day. 

That being said, I feel like I may have overlooked an important aspect to this line. Does this imply that since Amy never enjoyed the relationship agreement meetings that there is no more Relationship Agreement since they got back together? Am I wrong in thinking that? 

200_s.gif

It sounds past tense the way she said it, it was something like "well i never used to like going to our relationship agreement meetings". I think it's safe to suggest they currently aren't under some form of agreement. Which is a GOOD thing in my view.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

Yeah, I also think it's safe to say that there's no new RA now. And since Shamy are doing fine - better than ever, in fact - it begs the questions if they'll ever need one again.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

200_s.gif

I think Sheldon is not one to relinquish the relationship agreement but no one can tell until canon confirms. Amy may like the RA per se but not the meetings especially if Sheldon precides as seen in the latest ep. Also, there is still that part of her that wants what Penny and Bernie have with their husbands...remember how giddy she was when she can finally relate to sex. So it might be upsetting her to have to discuss little things with Sheldon through a meeting like it was a business conference. Who know what goes on in those meetings.

22 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I guess that also means she was being sarcastic, when, on being presented with the Relationship Agreement, she she said "It’s so romantic.:( 

EDIT: Beaten to it by RJ1013.

I don't think she was being sarcastic there. She was just a little naive and inexperienced with romance back then that whatever she experiences with Sheldon is already romantic for her. Remember that she also found counting cells in her lab with Sheldon romantic...

Another example, In the episode earlier this season (Season 9 episode 13?) when Sheldon was ill and annoyed the rest of the group so much they wanted to go to Vegas without him Amy pretty much said she was staying at her conference a few days after it finished because she didn't want to come back to take care of him.

Now if they were still in some form of contractual agreement Sheldon you would assume would have mentioned it as as an obligation as taking care of each other was in the original agreement.

I think it's dead.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Another example, In the episode earlier this season (Season 9 episode 13?) when Sheldon was ill and annoyed the rest of the group so much they wanted to go to Vegas without him Amy pretty much said she was staying at her conference a few days after it finished because she didn't want to come back to take care of him.

Now if they were still in some form of contractual agreement Sheldon you would assume would have mentioned it as as an obligation as taking care of each other was in the original agreement.

I think it's dead.

If it is...i'm glad it's dead...and kinda nice if Amy is exempted of his ocd with agreements

• Like 2