[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

A lot of (if not most) fiction is made up on the spot - the trick is making it all flow nicely from point A to B to C etc. So "not having a plan" in an of itself wouldn't be particularly worrying for me. ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

Must rewatch. Will compose sentences tomorrow. 

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly. I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because

Posted Images

Amy was so pissed in the last episode! And I loved how Sheldon was so hopeful in the end, running happily towards his bedroom saying he was going to take his girl back. It was so cute! And his silly attempt of making her jealous with the red bra, he is really clueless and is trying everything he knows to get her back, even though he ended up offending her again with the fun with flags comment. It was great to see Lenny back together, and Bernie was funny trying to sound casual, as if she did not know about Leonard cheating. The episode was great, and even the beginning with Leonard's dream of Sheldon kissing Penny was fun to watch.

• Like 6

I've moved several posts to the Spoiler Free Season 9 Discussion thread. This is for Spoiler Free Shamy discussion.   Also, the specific episode thread can be used after the show has been broadcast.  

I'm not sure that there's enough spoiler free posters to have multiple spoiler free threads. In my opinion, it'll be hard to have much discussion for us if our few posts are scattered about. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that there's enough spoiler free posters to have multiple spoiler free threads. In my opinion, it'll be hard to have much discussion for us if our few posts are scattered about. Just my 2 cents.

I agree, we had just started a small discussion here... Well...
  • Like 1

Tripper and I discussed it before putting it up.  That is why there are no other spoiler free (SF) shipping threads.   If you want to talk Shamy, go to the  SF Shamy Thread.  If you want to talk Lenny, go to the SF Lenny thread.  For anything else  spoiler free, there is the season nine SF discussion thread.  

Edited by Tensor

Maybe she was waiting to see if they get back together, but I think she was afraid of her mother's judgement and lack of support. Poor Amy. After the last episode I believe she never had a father figure in her life.

• Like 1

Oh I think she meant, but the description of Amy being locked in the closet, it just seems like all Amy talks about is her mother, and there was no father around.  Just a guess.

What did you think about Amy not telling her mom they broke up? She even needed a big push, and I do wonder what happened to amy when Amy and sheldon called her mom on skype. I mean c'mon, thats more than what she did with s9 ep 3.

Oh in my head, I was hoping she didn't tell her, cause she's not ready to accept that fact herself, and that she misses him.  But it doesn't feel that way watching the show right now.

• Like 1

Oh I think she meant, but the description of Amy being locked in the closet, it just seems like all Amy talks about is her mother, and there was no father around.  Just a guess.

Oh in my head, I was hoping she didn't tell her, cause she's not ready to accept that fact herself, and that she misses him.  But it doesn't feel that way watching the show right now.

I could never tell how she is felling tbh. It's easy to pretend you're okay. She looks unaffected on Episode 4, which is the perfect example that there is something wrong. She still answers Sheldon's call, even after a break-up we do that. Actually, a lot of times, the girl usually is the one who can't get over the fact that she's going to live without him, but in this particular case, Amy doesn't even have time to miss sheldon or think of him because he's been calling every now and then. And we can't blame Shelly, he is not used to change --- that she's not his gf anymore. It is only a matter of time before he crack wide open that its going to be a 5 yrs worth of crazy. I'm actually surprised this didn't happen yet as of Episode 4.

• Like 2

That definitely was sad. Amy looked like she was about to break down and cry. Sheldon, even while tipsy, was being mature and accepting about the situation. Btw, this thread should be more lively. LOL. I need to remember to peek in here more and participate.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That was just so sad for Sheldon  :cry:

I hope that we will be moving past this breakup story soon. It’s been more than long enough for a simple lack of communication, and I’m not particularly interested in seeing Amy continue to date more guys. It’s informative to see that she has options, and I have no doubt that she will find she prefers Sheldon to any ‘normal’ option. Still, I want the quirky, fun, and unique couple back. 

Having said that, in the five years that Amy and Sheldon have been together, they have almost always shown Amy as the one who wants the relationship more. The one really nice thing about this breakup is that they have shown just how attached Sheldon is to Amy. There’s the obvious stuff like his ‘I’m fine’ outburst and his shockingly humble comments about Amy someday marrying someone better than him. But even the everyday stuff shows how often he thinks of her. He calls her for Fun with Flags, when he is stressed about his roommate situation, and even just to tell her about his chance to meet Leonard Nimoy’s son.

If there had ever been any doubt about how Sheldon feels, I think it has been made very clear. It was an important thing to do, imo, to balance this couple out, and Jim has done a superb job with Sheldon’s continued growth. Nevertheless, I really hope that we don’t have to sit through more heartbreaking moments. The ring is no longer a secret, so I’m hoping for progress soon.

• Like 7

Just coming out of hiding to see if there are any spoiler free fans still out there. It has been an interesting start to the season. Just to recap the season so far,

Sheldon has his grandmother’s engagement ring to give to Amy.

Sheldon is definitely not fine being without her.

Sheldon turned down a model.

Amy had the saddest expression on her face when Sheldon told her he was figuring out ways to move on.

Sheldon had the saddest expression on his face when he sees Amy dating another man.

I am looking forward to how the rest of the season plays out. :)

• Like 5

Hi Dana! I’m still here and there are a few other spoiler free folks around. There aren’t many of us though.

As for this last episode, I saw a few promo photos along with the episode description and was not at all looking forward to seeing Sheldon and Amy dating other people. As it played out, though, it felt like nothing but good things for Shamy.

Amy didn’t seem all that enthused by her date. It was funny to see Dave speak out loud all the things that Amy was probably thinking - about how Sheldon was smarter and more interesting than himself. 

Sheldon’s attempt at finding a new girlfriend does seem like something he might try. He’d only ever had a relationship with Amy and finding her must have seemed easy enough. He wouldn’t necessarily realize how rare it was.

Sheldon’s search was more like an experiment than anything else, and even though he somehow found what he claimed he was looking for, he didn’t really want it. When he summarily dismissed this woman for a small violation of his rules and a minor difference in likes/dislikes, it was clear that he had no real intention of succeeding. It stands in stark contrast to his relationship with Amy. They disagree about little likes and dislikes all the time. And Amy has violated plenty of Sheldon’s rules, not to mention all the times that he has voluntarily set aside his rules for her.

I’ve suspected that we didn’t hear much of Amy’s reasons for the breakup because we are going to figure it out as Sheldon does. Mostly, though, I think it is supposed to be self-evident. In this episode, we see that Sheldon already knows that he didn’t prioritize and value his relationship - that he valued his work more. This episode taught him that Amy’s role in his life is not easily replaced. It’s somewhat similar to when he found that he couldn’t just replace Leonard as a roommate. I like watching Sheldon learn to value personal relationships. It’s an important part of his character’s evolution and an important thing to have straight in his mind if they are ever to get to the point of engagement/marriage.

Nevertheless, I hope that this is the end of them trying to date other people. I think that they are both learning some valuable lessons, but I miss seeing fun scenes between Sheldon and Amy.

• Like 5

Hello Rule 34! Btw what does that mean? lol 

I too saw photos for this last ep and I had mixed feelings about it. I said I wouldn't criticize the idea of Sheldon dating other women until I saw how it played out. I am happy with the way it played out. Sheldon realizes that he doesn't want to be alone and he thinks he can just put in a substitute Amy. This will not work and he will soon realize that not only does he not want to be alone but he wants to be with Amy. It goes back to what Berandette said in the 2nd episode that  someone should be with a person because they want to be not because they think they don't have any other choice. 

I liked seeing Amy on her date. I think it is funny how you said Dave was saying all the things she was thinking, that Sheldon is smarter and more interesting than him. I hadn't thought about it in that way before. 

I am also ready for them to get back together. I love scenes with them together. I am also really missing group scenes. I want everyone to have take out again. It's funny how much a group dynamic can change when one couple breaks up. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Hello Rule 34! Btw what does that mean? lol 

Hehe. Um, I signed up for this forum right around the time of “The Troll Manifestation” when we find out that Amy writes fanfic. Little House on the Prairie/Dr.Who naughty fanfic with TBBT characters in it is a perfect example of Rule 34 of the internet. Here’s a webcomic explanation: https://xkcd.com/305/

Ever since that second episode, I’ve thought that Bernadette’s quote was about Sheldon and Amy, even though it was directed at Leonard and Penny. Perhaps the writers were trying to subtly put it out there? It summarized the Shamy situation really well and didn’t seem to have much to do with Leonard and Penny’s situation.

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

Hi guys. :]

Hi Maddie! I’m thrilled to have more spoiler free people posting. Hopefully your friends will post some as well.

As for your episode thoughts, I totally agree. I particularly like your interpretation of Sheldon’s “flavorless lump of sadness” quote. The flavorless sadness is only because she is gone now. To him, the relationship seems like only a brief spot of flavor when he expects to face the long rest of his life without her.

I thought the coitus line was a bit of a shocker too. It instantly makes you wonder just who Sheldon would coitus. But I think we know :)

As for Penny and the others, their lack of interference seems pretty deliberate at this point, especially now that they know about the ring and haven’t told Amy. I think it is the writers’ way of making it clear to us that both Sheldon and Amy are sorting out what they want without any outside influence. 

I’m looking forward to the reconciliation too. Sheldon is pretty quickly learning some important things, and I suspect that Amy is too, even though we see so little of her. In spite of the sad moments, it’s been quite sweet to watch Sheldon learn to appreciate his relationship. I do think that he has a ways to go yet. I’d love to see more of Amy’s experience in the coming weeks, but I doubt we’ll get that.

I don’t know when we’ll see them finally work things out. February sweeps maybe? The reconciliation seems like it would land at a time when they are most interested in having high ratings. I’m hoping to attend a taping in January or February, so I’ll selfishly hope that we’ll be getting some great things by then.

Edited by Rule 34
  • Like 4