[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

Yay it makes me so happy to see good lengthy spoiler free posts. I was also shocked about how excited Penny was about Amy's new guy. I kept thinking this season that Leonard and Penny would push them to get back together. This seems to not be the case, and in fact I am happier that they are not. It just shows us that Sheldon and Amy will get back together on their own terms. I did find the comment about coitus with the model very intriguing. He is definitely thinking about it. 

I also really feel like coitus will happen in the 200th episode, which I believe is the 17th ep this season. 

• Like 5

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

Must rewatch. Will compose sentences tomorrow. 

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly. I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because

Posted Images

Hi!  Even though I'm spoiled now, I will continue to post my thoughts on the spoiler free page.  Who knows...perhaps I will go back after Christmas to spoiler free. To be honest, I like to post, and it felt like too many of the threads were spoilered and I didn't get to read anything. 

I actually haven't watched the episode yet (although read the report on it).  So I will report back after I watch it.

14 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Yay it makes me so happy to see good lengthy spoiler free posts. I was also shocked about how excited Penny was about Amy's new guy. I kept thinking this season that Leonard and Penny would push them to get back together. This seems to not be the case, and in fact I am happier that they are not. It just shows us that Sheldon and Amy will get back together on their own terms.

I'm not overly pleased with how the friends are dealing with this all.  I agree, I don't want a lot of outside interference, but wasn't Penny supposed to be the biggest "Shamy Shipper"?  It seemed like she didn't really care that they broke up, and is just encouraging Amy to find someone else.  Also feels like Sheldon is an outsider with his own friends.  While I don't want interference, I'm a tad disappointed in how the friends have been supporting both sides.

Edited by nibbler747
  • Like 2

On October 6, 2015 at 4:03:26 PM, JE7 said:

I think you guys have made a smart decision going spoiler free, just so you have an idea of what your missing in the other thread this sums it up pretty well 

tumblr_l8974aGTFc1qb7rdh.gif

sorry....stupid quote button

10 minutes ago, nibbler747 said:

EDIT!!  EDIT!!  SPOILERS ARE IN THIS!!  Quick!!!

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree. I was expecting the friends to act differently to the Shamy breakup, especially Penny. Leonard is also very close to Sheldon, and I think he supports the relationship, however he's the type to keep his nose out of things. Penny, on the other hand? I was surprised to see her not at least in some subtle way meddle into the relationship, even if it was just a little, "So, you're really over Sheldon?" type of thing. What I was really expecting was a full-out "Maybe you should give Sheldon another chance." But instead what we got was Penny fangirling over this Dave guy. Definitely weird.

But I still think Penny sees that Sheldon still needs to do a little maturing before she feels right about pushing Amy back towards him. Yes, it's HUGE that Sheldon has an engagement ring and sees a future with her. I think Amy knowing that would completely change the ballgame. However, I think the #1 issue is that Sheldon doesn't appreciate her 100% yet. And that's something he has to do on his own. Penny, Leonard, or even Amy can't sit him down and tell him he needs to learn to appreciate her more.  He needs to figure this out in his head, by himself.

And I also believe Amy has work to do, too. I think, in her own way, she took Sheldon for granted, too. Like I've said before, I think she tried to stuff him into an "ideal, conventional, romance novel boyfriend" box in which he just doesn't fit. Instead of seeing a mushroom log as a thoughtful gift, she wanted flowers. I mean, that's what society and girls' nights and romance novels and romance movies tell her she should want, right? But that's not the type of boyfriend Sheldon is, and probably never will be. I think having her date this Dave guy, who thinks, "wow, how AMAZING a gift such as a DVD of Sheldon Cooper's lecture!" and "how AMAZING to be able to witness Sheldon Cooper write a paper!" is kind of taunting her in this way. It might be Dave who is saying the words, but I think it was kind of meant to serve as a revelation of sorts for Amy, or her own voice in her head torturing her. Like, maybe all the "romantic" things he did for her that she disapproved of was just Sheldon showing his affection in the way he knows how.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying Amy should be giddy over a DVD of Sheldon's lecture or she should put up with him working on date night. I just mean in a metaphorical way, Dave's fixation on Sheldon mirrors Amy's fixation she had on him when they first started dating, which she lost as they grew closer because of social pressure and her own ideals and emotions getting the best of her.

I think Amy will open her eyes to the fact that while Sheldon is really bad at showing his feelings and is generally a huge klutz when it comes to this whole love thing, he is trying for her. He may not fit the protocols of a normal boyfriend, but he is very capable of giving her all the love in the world, and he's capable and willing of giving her everything she wants: marriage, sex, children, love, etc.

Likewise, Sheldon needs to open his eyes to the fact that yes, he majorly took Amy for granted. I think he's definitely feeling the loss of her, he misses the hell out of her. But has he really sat down and pondered all that she was to him? All the ways she made his life better and all the ways she cooked him his favorite meal and watched his favorite shows and played Star Trek doctor and payed counterfactuals and helped him with work and gave him consoling hugs and most importantly, made him happier than he's ever been and made him a better man? I think not.

And the funny thing is that not one person has clued him in as to why Amy broke up with him. We've been wondering, "Why hasn't Amy said anything? She's always been so good about communicating her feelings! Penny? Leonard? Any help here?" No. Because Sheldon has to figure this out for himself. This is the final major test for him. Whether he can push past his ego and innate, stoical nature of selfishness and blaming others and maintaining control. All season long we've been seeing traces of him maturing and growing, acquiescing to his emotions. In this episode, he was mainly putting on a facade in retaliation to seeing Amy kiss another man, trying to revert, trying to "find another girlfriend he can ignore." But it's not going to work. He wants Amy. And I don't think there's anything he wouldn't do to get her back. THAT'S the final test. He has to prove to Amy that he would go to the end of the world and back for her. And she has to prove to him that she would never ask him to.

Orrrrr I'm overthinking and over-dramatizing and over-romanticizing this entire thing. :p I can't help it!

And nibbler, thank you for dropping in here despite being spoiled! You're probably laughing at everything I've said, thinking, "oh, you foolish fool." xD

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 6

Like, Like, Triple like this post Maddie!  I think you perfectly summed up where they are both coming from.  They both have a lot they need to work on.  I agree, that Sheldon needs to come to that realization himself, and not have it spoonfed to him.  I wonder though if Amy is going through realizations of her own?  We are really shown Sheldon's side of the story, but Amy's seems to be missing.

From the past few episodes, what hurts is we can visually see how upset Sheldon is.  How much he misses Amy.  How much of a hole in life its left.  How he feels rejected.  How he feels like he isn't good enough.  All he's heard from his friends is essentially...well Amy deserves better.  Never did they encourage him to explore becoming better himself, it almost seems a foregone conclusion that he's just not.  God...I just feel for him.  It's so sad. 

What have I seen from Amy's side?   Not once have they shown her looking overly distraught or upset.  The only moment was on the stairs, when she was upset at the thought of him moving on so fast.  This is what bugs me.  Even though she has very legit reasons for having issues with Sheldon, she hasn't seemed upset by the break up.  She seems eager to date and see if the "grass is really greener.."  Her friends are encouraging her.  It kind of confirms to her that dating Sheldon was a mistake.   So I've not been overly happy with her.  I wanted to see that she really missed him.  Quirks and all, because she loved him.  I'm irked that she could quit her 5 year relationship without even having a decent conversation with him.  Sheldon strikes me as someone who is very straight forward.  It feels like she is playing the martyr....long suffering Amy.  While things were good, she could have brought up her concerns to him.  But she didn't.  I think this is where Amy needs to majorly look at herself.  She needs to communicate her wants and needs better.  Sheldon needs to not be so self centered, and learn how to express his real feeling better and not take people for granted (that includes his friends).  

I want them both to accept each other for who they are, and know that they both need to work on themselves, but that they truly love each other.  So I truly hope that they get to this point.  Growth is needed on both sides for sure.  I love this couple though...I don't know what it is.  I truly want them back together.

• Like 5

You are so right!

I don't like Amys behavior, too.

It really looks like she don't give a damn. But I can't believe that. And I don't want to.

She can't just forget all her feelings for Sheldon.

That's just cruel.

• Like 1

I think the reason why we don't see Amy crying over the end of their relationship is because she is very inexperienced. She might be posing as she's cool with that, trying to be firm that she deserved better and all, but deep down she's probably insecure. I was surprised to see her dating without telling her friends. Maybe she was afraid they would interfere or tell Sheldon.

As for Sheldon, I think he admitted to himself that he should have proposed to her sooner when he took the ring to ask her. Then he may have thought it was too late when he saw her kissing Dave. Until then, all he knew was that she was asked to date Kripke and rejected the idea. Then he saw someone with her that could be better than him, make her happier. In the last episode, he was trying to be strong and get over it his own way, which in the end, when he finally saw Vanessa, someone willing to date him, proved tô himself he was not over Amy and he didn't want anyone else. The "she was late" part just showed how he couldn't care less about her. His face after closing the door and sitting back was so serious, like he was annoyed or had bitter thoughts. I wonder how Jim imagined his reaction, because that face was there intentionally.

I'm also really anxious for the next episode!

• Like 2

Yes, but Sheldon is also inexperienced.

I hope it's just her way to deal with it and that we just aren't introduced to her private struggling with this situation.

Can't wait

Maybe it's so personal to me, because I'm waiting for my boyfriend (who sometimes remind me of Sheldon) to propose

• Like 3

Amy isn’t a main character on this show. This fact has never been quite so glaring as it is this season. It feels like we’re only getting half of the story here, and that’s because we are. It’s important, even if frustrating, to accept that this Shamy story is really Sheldon’s story. I can’t make myself feel mad at her character when we haven’t seen enough of her to know how she’s really feeling.

We don’t know much about Amy in general. We know that she was rejected a lot by her peers and that loneliness is a big issue for her. I’d say her character is motivated by a desire for friendship, companionship, love, and acceptance. She wants to feel valued and wanted. Maybe get married and have kids some day. She has wanted those things with Sheldon but reached a point where she believes that it will never happen. So now she is resigned to moving on. 

I agree that Amy had always seemed to love Sheldon’s unconventional ways of expressing affection in the past. Whatever happened to the Amy that called him ‘the BEST boyfriend’? So it is weird that she seems to want ‘normal’ from him now. It’s understandable that she wants a bit more from their relationship, but I too hope that they shift Amy back to being able to appreciate Sheldon for the quirky person that he is. 

Sheldon’s situation is a bit more complicated. He has never placed much value in human relationships. To understand these kinds of social things, he seems to need to experience them himself. 

He didn’t understand his need for friendship and companionship with Amy until they had that fight and he tried to replace her with cats. He didn’t understand unnecessary touching until he reached for her hand. He probably couldn’t imagine taking care of someone who was sick until Amy needed him. And he definitely didn’t understand kissing until he found that his sarcastic kiss on the train had morphed into something else.

I think that the reason Amy has not brought her concerns to Sheldon this season is because she has already been doing so for years. It’s just that sometimes Sheldon can’t understand what she wants, or he simply doesn’t place value on the same things that she does. I don’t think anyone can explain all of these things to him. He will only be able to understand when he experiences some of these emotions himself.

People are important. More important than tv shows, more important than video games, and more important than one’s job. I’ve become glad that Sheldon didn’t get a chance to ask Amy to marry him because I don’t think he was ready to. By Sheldon’s own admission, he neglects her. He values his work and science above all. 

He’s come a long way over the years, though, and that has continued this season. At least he can admit to himself that he has emotions now, and he knows that he can’t regress back to years gone by. He has also found out that he can’t simply replace Amy with some other woman to ignore.

I was as surprised as the rest of you at the lack of interference from their friends. I’m sure that it’s mostly a plot device to keep things from progressing too quickly, but I think that the slow progression of the story is important to allow Sheldon to grow. Their friends are all being reasonably supportive, and they seem to want them both to be happy. Letting Sheldon and Amy sort out their own relationship is the right thing to do. Besides that, pushing Sheldon doesn’t work. I suspect their friends all know that by now. 

The only thing I know about Thursday is the episode title. I have some guesses about what Sheldon will start to learn next just from that.

As much as I’d love to see more of Amy’s story in this, I am enjoying Sheldon’s journey. I think it will leave them in a good place. Eventually. 

• Like 6

Just wanted to say wow to Mayim's performance of Amy in this last episode. The final car conversation was so emotional for her. You can see and hear her wanting to and almost breaking down and crying. I loved seeing Sheldon and Amy hanging out together. This was the perfect opportunity for Amy to realize that she misses him. I think at the aquarium, she realized that she was truly happy for the first time in months. My heart breaks that Sheldon didn't want to take her back, but in a way I understand where he is coming from. He knows how much pain he went through and he is afraid to go through that again. Or maybe he is afraid that he realizes that he didn't need to go through that pain at all if he had just been a good boyfriend. I think this episode was a great way to finish off November sweeps. Tragically, we now have to wait 3 weeks before the next new episode. Hopefully we get some good Shamy scenes in the future. :)

• Like 6

This really was a good one, even though it was sad at the end.

It was definitely time for them to show us some more of how Amy is feeling. I agree that her time with Sheldon was probably the first time she found herself truly happy in quite some time. Mayim really has done a great job with the few moments that she has been given..

From the title of this episode, it was pretty clear that they were going to reunite the friendship. It was so nice to have scenes with them getting along again. I’ve been expecting this step for a long time, and I think that it is important because it will give Sheldon a chance to figure out if ‘a relationship of the mind’ is still the only thing that he wants. Hopefully he’ll find that it isn’t enough. If his hyper focus on whether or not Amy had been having coitus is any indication, he obviously still feels like more than her friend.

I was surprised to hear Amy offer to be his girlfriend again, especially asking over the phone like that. I don’t blame Sheldon for feeling cautious after we’ve seen how heartbroken he is. Perhaps a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship won’t be enough of a commitment for him. I’m still sure that they’ll get back together eventually, but I wonder if he’ll insist on a more permanent arrangement before he feels comfortable moving forward. 

With the friendship back in place, I suppose that the writers might stall for a while. Sitcoms do tend to do that. At least we might get some scenes with the whole group again. It's always so weird when either Sheldon or Amy are left out. 

Three weeks is a long wait for another episode. I hope they leave us with something good to finish out the year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

I was surprised to hear Amy offer to be his girlfriend again, especially asking over the phone like that. I don’t blame Sheldon for feeling cautious after we’ve seen how heartbroken he is. Perhaps a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship won’t be enough of a commitment for him. I’m still sure that they’ll get back together eventually, but I wonder if he’ll insist on a more permanent arrangement before he feels comfortable moving forward. 

I am very curious about this comment. When you say permanent arrangement, do you mean moving in together, getting engaged, coitus, or something else? Also I love the idea that Sheldon will soon realize that a relationship of the mind is not everything that he wants. He will miss the closeness and the intimacy that they shared together. 

• Like 1

In this case, I'm speculating about marriage because I think he might want something more binding then their previous relationship agreement. I don't know if Sheldon would want to risk heartbreak again without a "'til death to us part" level of commitment. He does love 'mutual indemnification' after all. It feels like they're a long ways away from all of that right now though. 

• Like 1

I definitely see the possibility of marriage coming up especially because of the ring. It all comes down to what order you think engagement, marriage, coitus, living together will happen between them. I personally think it will be engagement, coitus, living together, and marriage. 

• Like 1

Hmm. I'd guess engagement, coitus, marriage, living together. I switched the last two of your guess mostly because the show seems reluctant to break up the traditional roommate situation. For coitus, I think he'd probably want the commitment assurance of at least an engagement. I dunno though. It's fun to guess. I wonder how terribly off all of our speculation will be? 

I'm not so sure if I'm allowed to, but I just got to have an outlet for all this Shamy sadness. I kinda miss the quirky Amy whom Sheldon wanted to buy a beverage when they first met. It was also sad how Sheldon said "I excel in so many things but getting over you wasn't one of them." The use of 'was' meant he's gotten over her?

This is wrecking me. However, since the writers are going after growth, it makes sense to let the characters show us some deeper emotions. This is like disney's inside out, with sadness coming to us in tidal waves.

By the way, with 09x07 I had to make a fan fic to calm myself. This episode 09x09, I spent my last eight hours making this video to remind my self (and maybe some of you) of the good times: https://youtu.be/eD49gH3xK04 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dana1010 said:

I am very curious about this comment. When you say permanent arrangement, do you mean moving in together, getting engaged, coitus, or something else? Also I love the idea that Sheldon will soon realize that a relationship of the mind is not everything that he wants. He will miss the closeness and the intimacy that they shared together. 

I would argue he already does. This is something I wrote last night in the spoiled Shamy thread, but I've removed any spoilery bits:

It occurs to me that we got something important out of this episode. Even though Shamy have been a romantic couple for several years now, and have oh-so-slowly negotiated their way into a semi-physical relationship, it could be argued (and has been by some) that Sheldon's movement toward intimacy with Amy has always been a grudging one. That he held hands or snuggled only at her insistence, that (after the train kiss anyway) their kisses were perfunctory or duty-bound on Sheldon's part, not because he wanted them, but because it was expected in his role as boyfriend. The "social obligation" thing that always snares him. 

Tonight's episode proves definitively that that's just not the case. In a sense he "got her back" tonight. At least he got back his friend that he could share silly games with and educational excursions with, the one who understands him and packs Cheerios in her glove compartment for him. He got back everything but the girlfriend with whom he shared occasional hand-holding and snuggling and "necking like a couple of hooligans."

If Sheldon had really been doing all of those things only because it was expected and because Amy wanted it and not because it meant anything to him, then tonight's movement back to Platonic friendship would have been the perfect solution. He'd have had his friend Amy back without all the icky boy-girl stuff. 

And yet that's not why he turned her down. He said no because it hurt him too badly to lose her (and all the intellectual, emotional and physical intimacy that was part of their relationship). He refused her precisely because the romantic component of their relationship *did* mean so much to him. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gbb said:

I would argue he already does. This is something I wrote last night in the spoiled Shamy thread, but I've removed any spoilery bits:

It occurs to me that we got something important out of this episode. Even though Shamy have been a romantic couple for several years now, and have oh-so-slowly negotiated their way into a semi-physical relationship, it could be argued (and has been by some) that Sheldon's movement toward intimacy with Amy has always been a grudging one. That he held hands or snuggled only at her insistence, that (after the train kiss anyway) their kisses were perfunctory or duty-bound on Sheldon's part, not because he wanted them, but because it was expected in his role as boyfriend. The "social obligation" thing that always snares him. 

Tonight's episode proves definitively that that's just not the case. In a sense he "got her back" tonight. At least he got back his friend that he could share silly games with and educational excursions with, the one who understands him and packs Cheerios in her glove compartment for him. He got back everything but the girlfriend with whom he shared occasional hand-holding and snuggling and "necking like a couple of hooligans."

If Sheldon had really been doing all of those things only because it was expected and because Amy wanted it and not because it meant anything to him, then tonight's movement back to Platonic friendship would have been the perfect solution. He'd have had his friend Amy back without all the icky boy-girl stuff. 

And yet that's not why he turned her down. He said no because it hurt him too badly to lose her (and all the intellectual, emotional and physical intimacy that was part of their relationship). He refused her precisely because the romantic component of their relationship *did* mean so much to him. 

I really liked this analysis especially the bolded part. The fact that they have the platonic friendship back makes things very interesting. It means that Sheldon will realize that he wants the romantic component enough to risk the possibility of getting hurt again. Thank you for posting your spoiler free analysis in here. It is very much appreciated. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

I'm not so sure if I'm allowed to, but I just got to have an outlet for all this Shamy sadness. I kinda miss the quirky Amy whom Sheldon wanted to buy a beverage when they first met. It was also sad how Sheldon said "I excel in so many things but getting over you wasn't one of them." The use of 'was' meant he's gotten over her?

Hi sunnydiamante! I’ve missed quirky Amy too, but at least we got a glimpse of her at the aquarium this week. I hope we’ll see more funny Amy after they someday work through all this drama.

I wondered about the use of ‘wasn’t’ vs. ‘isn’t’ as well. The thing is, they made it so very obvious that Sheldon isn’t over her that I don’t think the word choice matters too much.

1 hour ago, Gbb said:

This is an interesting post Gbb, and I’m glad that you took the time to de-spoil it and post it here. At the end of the episode, he didn’t turn down a platonic relationship. He turned down a romantic one, but I know what you meant.  As of now, he wants her friendship but is afraid to risk trying for more. I agree that this fear demonstrates how important the romantic elements of their relationship were to him.

It’s a bit subtle, though, and I’m not sure that most viewers would think it over that deeply. When they finally make it clear on the show that Sheldon desires a more intimate relationship with Amy, I expect that they will be more overt in some fashion. At least, I sure hope they will, because it seems important after so many years of his apparent reluctance.

What I’m not sure about right now is how long they’ll have him try to do the friendship only thing. Sitcoms are slow, and Shamy progress has tended to be glacial. They’ll get there though.

I have total respect for those of you with the self-control to remain unspoiled.  I'm not one of those people, but I won't divulge anything.  It's fun to read your predictions before an episode airs, just like it's fun to look back at old predictions from the spoilers thread.

Anyway, I keep hearing how heartbreaking this episode was, and the opinion is totally justified, but my take was a little more positive.  Even though it ended on a sad note, in this episode they're back to enjoying each other's company.  This is healing.  They've worked through the awkwardness between them and they've gotten back to the foundation of their (and every good) relationship, which from the beginning has been a unique friendship.  Hey, if nothing else, at least now the whole gang can hang out together at the same time again, which IMO is the heart and soul of the show.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

At the end of the episode, he didn’t turn down a platonic relationship. He turned down a romantic one, but I know what you meant.  As of now, he wants her friendship but is afraid to risk trying for more. I agree that this fear demonstrates how important the romantic elements of their relationship were to him.

I'm sorry; I think my phrasing was a bit unclear. I didn't mean he turned down a platonic relationship. I meant that now that they've re-established their friendship, if he didn't really want the romantic component and had only done it for Amy's sake, then he was in the ideal position. However that's not the reason he turned her down (when she offered to become his girlfriend). He said no because the romantic component DID mean so much to him and it hurt him too much to lose it the first time. 

• Like 2

Oh I hated this last epidose (9.), I hated it with all my heart !!!
It´s so discouraging, I think I wil NEVER more see this TV show.
My family, my friends and I, we are so disappointed with Sheldon and Amy interaction.
I hated the way he humiliate her, after she give him a new chance!
I feel so anger! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Grrrr, Grrrr and more Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4 hours ago, Cassi Jones said:

Oh I hated this last epidose (9.), I hated it with all my heart !!!
It´s so discouraging, I think I wil NEVER more see this TV show.
My family, my friends and I, we are so disappointed with Sheldon and Amy interaction.
I hated the way he humiliate her, after she give him a new chance!
I feel so anger! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Grrrr, Grrrr and more Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't think he humiliated her.  He just wasn't ready to get back together, and he was honest and kind about it.  Come on, you know he loves her and they'll be back together eventually, stronger than ever.

I've watched enough TV break-ups to know the process:  1) the dumpee immediately tries to get back together, then 2) several episodes later when the dumpee is at peace with the break-up, 3) the dumper wants back together but it's too late because the dumpee has moved on, 4) then FINALLY they both want back together at the same time.  This episode was stage 3, the goal of which is to build suspense so we think it's hopeless.

• Like 5

No discussion in this thread for a full week.  Is it because 9.09 got everyone down?  Personally I loved seeing them together again as friends.  The hurt is fading and they're back to enjoying each other's company, just like in s4 before they were a couple.

Any predictions as to where Shamy will be by the end of the season?  Will they be back together?  If so, what will be the impetus for their reunion?  Will they be engaged?  Living together?  Will we ever see Amy and Mary spend quality time together?  (I'm spoiled for 9.10 and 9.11 but can speculate beyond with the unspoiled.)

I just want them to get back together ASAP and then no more Shamy drama for a while.  I miss the days of them drinking tea, experimenting together on Penny, and discussing what makes something funny.  Shamy has been such a focus so far this season, other characters and aspects of the show are getting shorted.

• Like 4