[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

3 hours ago, bluebird said:

And like Einstein said, it's not the fault of the people writing the reports. It's impossible to catch every line or facial expression.

And even if they could, everyone is going to perceive those facial expressions and line deliveries a little differently. There's no match for seeing it yourself -- although I love me some taping reports!!

If I had the willpower, I think I'd rather be spoiler-free, actually. An example: I've pretty much stayed spoiled since I found out taping reports existed, but a couple of years back I got busy and wasn't looking for them. The train kiss took me by complete and utter surprise. I nearly jumped off my couch I was so happy.  You don't get that kind of delightful shock when you're spoiled ... well, sometimes from a TR but it's not quite the same.

Of course, that won't stop me from reading every TR I can find ;)

• Like 2

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

Must rewatch. Will compose sentences tomorrow. 

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly. I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because

Posted Images

The train kiss really was a jaw-dropping surprise. I was unspoiled for the Prom love declaration last year, and that was a similarly shocking moment. I found the reports here after that episode aired and was spoiled for the rest of season 8. The spoiler discussions and speculations are a lot of fun too, so I understand why people choose that.

On 12/3/2015, 12:33:32, dana1010 said:

Rule 34, I love when you talk about Sheldon realizing he wants to be more than friends with Amy. I can't see them ending this breakup in any other way than that. I am so excited to see how him wanting to be more than friends with her will be portrayed.

I really hope I'm not wrong about that because I want to see it too. I think it will happen at some point, but I just cannot picture it at all.

If he proposes at some point, I suppose that alone would tell her a lot. When the time arrives, I wonder if he’ll work a quadruple negative into it somehow? :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

That makes sense. I hadn’t thought of that. I was thinking more of the wordless aspects, like Amy’s scene in the stairwell or the one of her in her car. It seems like it’s really important to see her facial expressions and hear her voice wavering to understand how upset her character is. The dialog alone might give the impression that she doesn’t care.

The taping reports were pretty detailed about how devastating those two moments were, the people who go are good at describing the 'feel' of the scenes but a lot of people also leave a few little bits of dialogue/funny bits out to leave as a surprise which I also love :)

• Like 2

On 12/9/2015, 12:23:41, dana1010 said:

Actually, Dana's avatar reminds me of a good reason not to be spoiled.  Sometimes edits happen between taping and airing.  The Shamy hug pictured in Dana's avatar was cut from the episode, and some people were really, really upset.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tmp said:

Actually, Dana's avatar reminds me of a good reason not to be spoiled.  Sometimes edits happen between taping and airing.  The Shamy hug pictured in Dana's avatar was cut from the episode, and some people were really, really upset.

haha I keep it there because it is one of my favorite promo pics. That particular episode, I looked at the promo pics before it aired and was super excited about this hug. I had a few very funny ideas of how the scene would unfold. It is a nice little reminder that sometimes edits take things away. 

Additionally, Happy New Episode Day! We made it. That was a long 3 week wait. Join me in my excitement. 

vip-excited-celebration-o.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ashleyo85 said:

You don't even KNOW how hard it was to resist replying to your comment earlier today of "Fingers crossed that we get a good one"!!!

I was just hoping for an innocent little friendship scene. You guys get a MeWow sticker for not giving anything away!

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

I was just hoping for an innocent little friendship scene. You guys get a MeWow sticker for not giving anything away!

You have NO IDEA how hard it was!!  We'd go back to the spoiled thread and gush and say how we couldn't wait to see what you guys thought once it aired.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

So were we just before we got the TR for this! So many was like yeah, probably just a little Shamy as friends or no Shamy at all, TR was a shock! And boy that was hard! I was giggling every time I read this thread. 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

Yeah, I'm very interested to find out what the other spoiler free posters think. That must've been a pretty wild chat on taping night. I assume it came as a shock to you guys too.

We went in with low expectations and when the news broke we were all like "Is this a Bazinga?!" :wink: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

You have NO IDEA how hard it was!!  We'd go back to the spoiled thread and gush and say how we couldn't wait to see what you guys thought once it aired.

Well Kathy2611...a very big fat THANK YOU for not saying anything! I was jumping when Sheldon started analyzing the lyrics then rushing out of the apartment. Thank god i was standing when he went to Amy's apartment and made out. I would have fallen off my chair!

28 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

I’ve got to look up the lyrics for that song. 

I even downloaded it. It's now on my playlist.

That said, I love being in the spoiler-free zone. To you spoiled shamy trash, thank you very much for holding back. I have no idea how you "suffered in silence" and you have no idea how much that suffering meant to us unspoiled little brats.

• Like 7