[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

Must rewatch. Will compose sentences tomorrow. 

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly. I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

I was just hoping for an innocent little friendship scene. You guys get a MeWow sticker for not giving anything away!

Toldja I'm stealthy.  :ninja:

Glad you guys enjoyed the episode.  It's impressive you stayed unspoiled, the way CBS has been promoting the hell out of it.  The promos outright said Shamy were getting back together, and they released snippets of the kissing; we've been staring at kissing gifs all week.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rule 34 said:

I was just hoping for an innocent little friendship scene. You guys get a MeWow sticker for not giving anything away!

It was very, very hard :) 

• Like 1

I loved the episode!

So happy they are back together.

It was beautiful

But I don't agree with Dave. I really don't like him, hopefully he's out from now on...

Probably he's not..

I will rewatch it tonight with my sheldonian boyfriend. It's gonna be tricky not to spoiler him

• Like 1

This morning I'm still all:

anigif_enhanced-27263-1403026013-10.gif

Hello sunnydiamante! It’s so nice to see new spoiler free posters.

11 hours ago, tmp said:

Toldja I'm stealthy.  :ninja:

Glad you guys enjoyed the episode.  It's impressive you stayed unspoiled, the way CBS has been promoting the hell out of it.  The promos outright said Shamy were getting back together, and they released snippets of the kissing; we've been staring at kissing gifs all week.

Indeed. You even had me a bit nervous with your post about angry tweets earlier this week. A+ misdirection. My husband hasn’t seen it yet, so I’ll get to see what it’s like to have to hold my tongue.

I don’t watch much tv, so avoiding ads isn’t too tough. Learning that most things aren’t spoiler free on the internet was a quick lesson. The hardest thing to avoid is the preview right after an ep while watching live. Like I caught a flash of next week’s guest star before I turned it off.

The thread about the preview giving too much away is intriguing. It’s tagged spoiler free, but I’m not clicking. Really curious about what there is to give away though. I mean, Shamy are already back together. Maybe it’ll be a Leonard and Penny story.

lennyx3, I think Dave might be gone for good this time. Amy never really wanted him anyway.

Edited by Rule 34
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

Hello sunnydiamante! It’s so nice to see new spoiler free posters.

I don’t watch much tv, so avoiding ads isn’t too tough. Learning that most things aren’t spoiler free on the internet was a quick lesson. The hardest thing to avoid is the preview right after an ep while watching live. Like I caught a flash of next week’s guest star before I turned it off.

The thread about the preview giving too much away is intriguing. It’s tagged spoiler free, but I’m not clicking. Really curious about what there is to give away though. I mean, Shamy are already back together. Maybe it’ll be a Leonard and Penny story.

Hi. I've been lurking...but decided to join the forum bec. you're not making enough fanfics. I thought you should know. Seriously, you're one of my favorites. Anyway, I have seen some snippets (sadly) of the next ep. And yes, it is best to stay away from the internet as much as possible. Spoilers are all over it nowadays. Spoilers have been around but not like this. Even in the news...it's strange.

• Like 3

In the news? That is weird. The guest star I got a glimpse of is a good one. I’ll be extra vigilant in case it’s not just that, though.

Thanks for your kind words about my fanfic! I’m working on a long one right now that is going to take me way out of my comfort zone, so your encouragement means a lot. I’d love to post it as I go, but I’m a weirdo who doesn’t write things in order.

If anyone ever has any good spoiler free fic recommendations, feel free to post them in here. I’ve been hesitant to browse for new stuff because I don’t know if people are careful about tagging for spoilers. I bet there's some good ones about this last episode.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

In the news? That is weird. The guest star I got a glimpse of is a good one. I’ll be extra vigilant in case it’s not just that, though.

Thanks for your kind words about my fanfic! I’m working on a long one right now that is going to take me way out of my comfort zone, so your encouragement means a lot. I’d love to post it as I go, but I’m a weirdo who doesn’t write things in order.

If anyone ever has any good spoiler free fic recommendations, feel free to post them in here. I’ve been hesitant to browse for new stuff because I don’t know if people are careful about tagging for spoilers. I bet there's some good ones about this last episode.

When big actors guest star it's always in the news/media websites :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tmp said:

The epiphany was that for the first time, he truly appreciates her.  For much of their relationship, he sort of fought against the softening he was experiencing, but now he realizes it's a good thing.  I think in last night's episode, he gave her his whole heart unreservedly.

That’s well said, and something that I’ve been wanting to have happen for a long time. The reluctant Sheldon/ desperate Amy dynamic is one that needed to change.

He has known that he loves her, but admitting that he wants all of that is a very different thing. You’re right - that’s the true essence of his epiphany. I’m also thrilled that it is a conclusion he came to without influence from anyone else. It is 100% his own choice.

The song lyrics were quite illuminating. It’s interesting to read them and realize that this is how he thinks of her. Showing his mind filled with her in that way was really beautiful.

I wonder what a non-reluctant Sheldon will be like in this relationship? It’s hard to envision a Sheldon who isn’t deeply in denial. Maybe the ring will make an appearance sooner rather than later. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tmp said:

Anyway, I said this over in the spoiler thread but I want to repeat it here.  What really blew me away about last night's episode--and I didn't even realize this when I read (well, scanned) the TR--is that Sheldon's epiphany wasn't just about the song or even that he still loved Amy.  The epiphany was that for the first time, he truly appreciates her.  For much of their relationship, he sort of fought against the softening he was experiencing, but now he realizes it's a good thing.  I think in last night's episode, he gave her his whole heart unreservedly.

This is so beautiful. I will need to watch the episode a second time to fully appreciate the whole thing. I've just be staring at gif sets all day. The epiphany was really nice to see. He does make the realization that he appreciates her than he or she ever realized. Thank you for posting your thoughts here. 

• Like 3

Okay I am curious to know what the spoiler free fans expected from this ep. I knew something big was going to happen because my spoiler friends told me to avoid the internet and live in a bubble for a month after this episode taped. When it opened with Sheldon in bed doing the video chat, I really thought it was going to pan to Amy next to him in his bed. As the ep progressed, I was like where is the Shamy stuff, we are running out of time. I expected them to get back together in this ep but I never expected a make out like that. I'm glad I was able to avoid all the promos for this ep because freaking cbs gave so much away. 

• Like 4

Hi QBMaja! I didn’t know you were a spoiler free fan. Hope to see you post more often.

shamyyyy, I’m sorry to hear you got spoiled, especially in a thread tagged spoiler free.

3 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Okay I am curious to know what the spoiler free fans expected from this ep. 

The only thing I knew about this last episode was the title, which didn’t give things away like “The Platonic Permutation” did. 

I was hoping for maybe some introspection from Sheldon, and thought we might finally get a classic group scene at 4A since they were friends again. Going in, I really thought they’d drag out the friendship stage a bit, and that Sheldon’s realization process would be a series of small steps.

Once the song was stuck in Sheldon’s head, I was almost certain it would have something to do with Amy. I did not expect him to react like he did, though. I’m still in shock. We’ve never seen Sheldon have enthusiasm for their relationship in quite that way before. I’m so excited to see how they interact moving forward.

For next week, I caught a flash of the guest star before I got the preview off, and I know the title, but that’s it. Well, I also see some spoiler warnings here, so obviously something is afoot. I think the ring might come up in some way, but it could just be the guest star that is the spoiler.

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat as you sunnydiamante. This is what I look like most of the day. 

fangif.gif.a7671698941d6fa6b2eaedf6f094f

This is my favorite part. When she pulls him back into the apartment. 

tumblr_nz6hzghJ9E1qcrkggo7_250.gif

Note: These gifs are not mine. 

• Like 5

On 12/12/2015, 1:26:14, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I try to hang out on this thread to see what the spoiler free peeps predict but I'm always scared I'm gonna spoil you guys! :buba:

I know it can be difficult not to spoil the unspoiled in here. I don't really expect spoiled fans to have conversations with unspoiled fans about predictions because it is too hard not to say things that might give stuff away. I like when spoiled fans post about their reactions to the episodes that air. You can post about how exciting the reunion was in the last episode and how much you loved it without indicating that you know what is coming next. This goes for every episode that airs. :) 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2015, 11:40:15, Rule 34 said:

shamyyyy, I’m sorry to hear you got spoiled, especially in a thread tagged spoiler free.

noo im not spoiler free at all, just wanted to give you & other unspoiled people heads up!  : )

@QBMaja   If you're happy with their reconciliation does that mean you'll be writing more Shamy fics again?) (you are QBMaja on ff.net, right? )
Transboundary Peregrination is my fav Shamy fic of all time <3

Edited by shamyyyy
  • Like 4

in response to what the unspoiled fans expected from this episode, remember we were all unspoiled once.  It's just a matter of when we found out what happened.  The unspoiled probably expected about the same thing we did until our friends told us what happened.  Going into Earworm, I thought we'd had a lot of Shamy lately, they were sort of at an equilibrium as friends, and the writers would likely focus on other things for a while.  I had been waiting until Shamy were back together to watch all the episodes in between, and it was a big relief to be able to watch the show again.

Seriously, now I just really crave the whole-cast episodes again and pairings we haven't seen in a while.  Enough with the romantic drama, now I want to see friendships.  Shamy are my favorite couple, probably my favorite fictional couple of all time, but what I really love about this show is the way these "misfits" accept and value each other.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tmp said:

in response to what the unspoiled fans expected from this episode, remember we were all unspoiled once.  It's just a matter of when we found out what happened.  The unspoiled probably expected about the same thing we did until our friends told us what happened.  Going into Earworm, I thought we'd had a lot of Shamy lately, they were sort of at an equilibrium as friends, and the writers would likely focus on other things for a while.  I had been waiting until Shamy were back together to watch all the episodes in between, and it was a big relief to be able to watch the show again.

Seriously, now I just really crave the whole-cast episodes again and pairings we haven't seen in a while.  Enough with the romantic drama, now I want to see friendships.  Shamy are my favorite couple, probably my favorite fictional couple of all time, but what I really love about this show is the way these "misfits" accept and value each other.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I only wanted to hear from unspoiled fans. You're right, hearing spoiled fans impression of reading the taping report is just as interesting. I also thought they would shy away from Shamy for awhile after how the Aquarium episode ended. I was actually looking forward to seeing more with them as friends. I wanted to see them all hanging out together and have Sheldon look at her and realize then and there that he wanted to be with her. I am definitely not complaining with how it played out, it just wasn't what I was expecting.

I 100% agree with more whole cast episodes. I miss those so much this season. I want an episode with everyone in the living room and the whole story line revolves around everyone.

Also can we talk about the fact that Dave wanted to talk with Sheldon about physics, and Sheldon either didn't hear or didn't care because he was making out with Amy. Seriously, that is awesome. :)

• Like 6