[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

1 hour ago, dana1010 said:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I only wanted to hear from unspoiled fans. You're right, hearing spoiled fans impression of reading the taping report is just as interesting. I also thought they would shy away from Shamy for awhile after how the Aquarium episode ended. I was actually looking forward to seeing more with them as friends. I wanted to see them all hanging out together and have Sheldon look at her and realize then and there that he wanted to be with her. I am definitely not complaining with how it played out, it just wasn't what I was expecting.

I 100% agree with more whole cast episodes. I miss those so much this season. I want an episode with everyone in the living room and the whole story line revolves around everyone.

Also can we talk about the fact that Dave wanted to talk with Sheldon about physics, and Sheldon either didn't hear or didn't care because he was making out with Amy. Seriously, that is awesome. :)

No, that wasn't directed at you.  I was just trying to answer the original question. :)

I noticed that Sheldon ignored Dave, too, which is remarkable especially because Dave gave Sheldon a big compliment.  Usually, someone worshiping Sheldon would get his full attention.

The other part I thought was great was how melty Amy got when she said, "I love you too".  Since she was the one who initiated the break-up, it was nice to see her be so thrilled to get back together.

• Like 4

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

Must rewatch. Will compose sentences tomorrow. 

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly. I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because

Posted Images

In the news? That is weird. The guest star I got a glimpse of is a good one. I’ll be extra vigilant in case it’s not just that, though.

Thanks for your kind words about my fanfic! I’m working on a long one right now that is going to take me way out of my comfort zone, so your encouragement means a lot. I’d love to post it as I go, but I’m a weirdo who doesn’t write things in order.

If anyone ever has any good spoiler free fic recommendations, feel free to post them in here. I’ve been hesitant to browse for new stuff because I don’t know if people are careful about tagging for spoilers. I bet there's some good ones about this last episode.

Pease Don't tell about anything of an upcoming episode. Even the fact, that a guest star is appearing is a spoiler to me.

Did anybody else notice that this is the second time Sheldon interrupted Amy on a date, asked her to be his gf, and then offered to let her finish her date?

• Like 4

Did anybody else notice that this is the second time Sheldon interrupted Amy on a date, asked her to be his gf, and then offered to let her finish her date?

Yes, you are right but this time she didn't let him go

• Like 1

Sorry lennyx3. For what it's worth, there is a guest star on almost every episode. They don't really cast people that are complete unknowns, even for small roles. 

I understand your concern though. I like to avoid everything. In fact, I'd avoid the episode titles if they weren't posted here.

I guess I consider ‘guest star’ to be a very non-specific term. Might be super famous or might not. But yeah, almost everyone who appears on this show is an experienced actress/actor/entertainer. Any time a character shows up who isn’t one of the main seven, I would call that person a ‘guest star,’ and that happens pretty much every week.

2 hours ago, tmp said:

Yes! It really was a wonderful callback to when he first asked her out :)

I'm also in great agreement with your other post above. What I'd like to see Thursday more than just about anything else is the gang gathered at 4A, with Sheldon in his spot and Amy back next to him. Just, you know, normalcy.

• Like 2

Ok I finally got a chance to watch the show this weekend.  Although I was spoiled for this and next episode, I made sure I read zero details of how this episode was going down!  

Oh so sweet.  I was just loved how he looked awkwardly at Dave, but still went in for the kiss!  And then the kiss continued...oh they weren't letting each other go.   Did well to heal my broken Shamy heart.  = )    This episode was like a little Christmas present!  I'm so happy they didn't drag their break up any longer!

Loved loved loved, how he figured out the whole song thing, and it's meaning.  No help required.  His heart knew!

:giveheart:

• Like 7

I enjoyed the call back to the first time he asked her out. Yes, nibbler747 this was like a nice little Christmas present especially after waiting for 3 weeks. Also rule34, I am really looking forward to the first time they have Sheldon sitting in his spot with Amy next to him. It's the little things that I missed when this couple was broken up. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dana1010 said:

I enjoyed the call back to the first time he asked her out. Yes, nibbler747 this was like a nice little Christmas present especially after waiting for 3 weeks. Also rule34, I am really looking forward to the first time they have Sheldon sitting in his spot with Amy next to him. It's the little things that I missed when this couple was broken up. :)

For the longest time, I've wanted him to refer to the seat next to his on the couch as Amy's spot.

• Like 2

I have no idea how you're all staying unspoiled. It seems every where you turn there's an article, a video or teaser about the next episodes. Your will power is much, much better than mine lol I gave in to spoliers when I started shipping J/C (Star Trek Voyager) and I haven't looked back since

Edited by tayryn
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, QBMaja said:

Thank you so much! :) 

I am currently writing one (completely spoiler free btw...), if you want to check it out. It's called "The Parallel Universe Affirmation or The Girlfriend Trickery".

After having watched the reconciliation scene on repeat for the last days, what always gets to me is Amy's reaction to Sheldon's declaration. She seemed to be SO relieved when he told her that he "really" (I loved the emphasis here) wants to be her boyfriend again, And, tmp said it before, the way she said "I love you too" was just great. I could basically see her whole body relaxing. Which makes me think, that maybe she bottled her feelings for Sheldon all up while they were separated. I personally really needed to see that, because I had some huge problems with Amy during the break up.

Anyhow, I finally made my peace with this storyline and I am so happy with how it all played out. 

ohh i will check it out!! <3 

Yeah that's how i saw it too! She was so relieved to hear those words. Idk to me i thought from the beginning of the break up she's clearly not over him (at least that's how it looked to me), but i get it that everybody sees it differently and i know there were many people feeling like Amy was distant... Anyway regardless of our feelings beforehand 9.10 was perfection i think we all can agree on that  : D

On 12/14/2015 at 11:31 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

Oh dear lord, not Madonna. speechless-smiley-040.gif 

what do you have against Madonna?))

Just some little things: Sheldon's face when his eidetic memory reminds him that "This is the man who kissed her". And when he was about to kiss Amy, he kind of gave Dave a once over....and then when Dave stepped closer to Amy while they were makin out, Sheldon kind of tightened the hug like "She's mine."

shes mine.gif

painful eidetic memory.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

Just some little things: Sheldon's face when his eidetic memory reminds him that "This is the man who kissed her". And when he was about to kiss Amy, he kind of gave Dave a once over....and then when Dave stepped closer to Amy while they were makin out, Sheldon kind of tightened the hug like "She's mine."

shes mine.gif

OMG thank you so much for this! This adds so much more to the scene. I forgot that Sheldon would immediately recognize Dave as the man that kissed her. This is why I come on this forum to get little things that I may have missed. I love it. :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

shes mine.gif

I actually didn't read it that way.  If Sheldon were the type to be possessive, I don't think he would have offered to leave and let Amy and Dave finish their date.  I read it as Sheldon was confused but didn't let it sidetrack him from his mission of getting Amy back.  It's definitely a confusing situation from Sheldon's POV; Amy's date is a huge fan of Sheldon and then encourages Sheldon to reunite with Amy?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tmp said:

I actually didn't read it that way.  If Sheldon were the type to be possessive, I don't think he would have offered to leave and let Amy and Dave finish their date.  I read it as Sheldon was confused but didn't let it sidetrack him from his mission of getting Amy back.  It's definitely a confusing situation from Sheldon's POV; Amy's date is a huge fan of Sheldon and then encourages Sheldon to reunite with Amy?

I thought that when Dave told sheldon to kiss her, sheldon was really worried that this was one of those moments when sarcasm was being used and following through might end up getting him punched in the mouth.  So he was a little awkward trying to initiate and keep an eye on Dave at the same time. But once he had her in his arms, he just didn't give a f---.

Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tmp said:

Yeah, you're probably right. The most plausible interpretation is that Sheldon just doesn't care about Dave or anything at that moment. It's just getting Amy back. The extra hugging and the facial expression were just probably brought about by Jim's superb execution of the scene. But you know how some of us are...we make a big deal out of every little detail. It's what makes us happy. :shy:

• Like 2

Interesting Dave discussion.

I think it is noteworthy that Sheldon continued to declare his desire to have Amy back even despite the presence of another guy in her apartment. 

It can’t be easy for Sheldon to go over and declare himself like that in the first place. That he does so in front of Dave gives complete credence to his statement that he really wants to be her boyfriend again. He is willing to face the possibility of rejection head on because he wants to be with Amy far more than he fears for his own pride.

• Like 6

Okay, so I accept the fact that Sheldon pulling her closer to him as Dave walks towards them kissing is a figment of our over analyzing details mind. But I do believe that Sheldon's eidetic memory kicked in when he saw who Amy was with and he realized it was the man that kissed her when he went to go propose to her. I just love the facial expression that Sheldon has in the photo that sunnydiamante posted. And yes I love making a big deal out of little details like this. :)

Edit: A grammar error was bugging me. 

Edited by dana1010
  • Like 1