[Spoiler Free] Shamy: Season 9

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

Must rewatch. Will compose sentences tomorrow. 

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly. I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

I figured we’d get some kind of Shamy scene to reinforce that they were back together, but that was sooo unexpected. Holy moly.

I’m glad you guys warned about spoilers being around a lot because I don’t think I would have been careful after the previous episode. I thought that was what all the hullabaloo had been about.

CBS/WB actually released the spoiler about coitus BEFORE the taping of the episode was even over. I think because they knew it would be huge, they wanted to get ahead of all the people who would provide spoilers anyways :) There was some major freaking in the chat room that night!!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ashleyo85 said:

CBS/WB actually released the spoiler about coitus BEFORE the taping of the episode was even over. I think because they knew it would be huge, they wanted to get ahead of all the people who would provide spoilers anyways :) There was some major freaking in the chat room that night!!

That’s really unusual for CBS to spoil things like that, isn’t it? I’ll have to go back and see the ads and promo stuff now. I doubt anything will be up for January yet that I need to avoid.

I can’t really imagine watching this while already knowing how it turns out. The whole viewing experience for me is just shock. I spent the entire time wondering if he would really go through with it and being amazed that he was even considering it. Then he did.

I still can’t quite believe it.

There is at least one scene that I can’t even remember right now. The one they cut to after Sheldon told Penny what he was going to do. I have no idea what that scene was. My mind blanked.

Edit: I just looked up the preview. That pretty much would've spoiled everything.

Edited by Rule 34
  • Like 3

Well if you Google News search "Sheldon Amy Coitus" there's 1,080 results. Plus the TBBT and Cast Instagram and Twitter posts, as well as Mayim mentioning it in a lot of her Grok Nation and Facebook posts. 

I'm extremely impressed that anyone managed to stay spoiler free without even hearing a whiff about what was gonna go down!"

• Like 3

Yeah that was so exciting. The wait is finally over, we can now change #CoitusIsComing to #CoitusIsHere. I got spoiled 2 days ago as well, but it was still really cool to see. This might be my new favorite edit ever. It comes from tumblr bigbangsheldon

tumblr_nzj7c8VXx01rn4qwao2_540.gif

• Like 8

Sorry to hear a couple of you got spoiled in the last 2 days. At least it's amazing news to find out! It should be fun to look for articles and cast interviews over the hiatus. I'm sure there were a lot.

Some more thoughts this morning:

It was a lot of fun to re-watch this and know that everything works out well. The first viewing was just shock and then concern that something would go wrong.

Sheldon’s stated reason for doing this now was very sweet. He just wanted to show Amy how much he cared about her. Best reason ever.

Penny is a good friend (to both of them) for trying to give Sheldon advice about what women like. That would’ve been so awkward.

The mutual nervousness between Sheldon and Amy felt very real and honest. I think that the entire thing was handled very well.

I’m glad that they outright stated that Professor Proton was Sheldon’s subconscious. The conversations mean so much more when you realize it is all Sheldon’s thoughts - the nervousness, the reassurance, etc. It also means that in the final scene, part of Sheldon is actually thinking about his night with Amy (or trying to), even though at first it seems like he’s just thinking Star Wars.

• Like 5

I think the entire episode was perfect, every last detail, including the non-Shamy scenes.  One aspect of the Shamy story that I adored is, the writers came back around and showed the problem that caused the break-up has now been resolved, or at least Sheldon understands now what she needs.  Back in May, Amy was concerned because he wasn't mentally present while they were kissing; he was thinking about sci-fi.  In this episode, Sheldon, completely of his own initiative, put aside the biggest sci-fi event in years because he wanted to show her on her bday how much she means to him.  He showed no regrets about his choice and no signs of being distracted.  Some people have said Shamy got back together without addressing the problems between them, but I think this did.

When Shamy broke up, I said the writers owed us an amazing reconciliation to make all the angst of the break-up worth it to the viewers.  IMHO, between 9.10 and 9.11, they delivered.

Edited by tmp
  • Like 6

That’s a good point, tmp. They did do a great job of tidying up that aspect of the breakup. Sheldon choosing to celebrate Amy's birthday over the new Star Wars premiere tells Amy (and the viewers) so much. 

I’m still surprised at how quickly things have changed. Only two episodes ago this all would’ve seemed impossible, but having watched it unfold, it all turned out splendidly.

It really was a fantastic episode. Even if I remove my Shamy feelings from the equation, it was an all around well done story. Everything was just right— the writing, the acting, the humor, the character development. I can’t think of anything that could’ve been done better, and this is all while addressing the delicate topic of Sheldon and coitus. 

It’s definitely one of the best episodes of the series, imo. I hope it’s enough to get BBT back in some of the award categories like the Emmys.

Edited by Rule 34
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

That’s really unusual for CBS to spoil things like that, isn’t it? I’ll have to go back and see the ads and promo stuff now. I doubt anything will be up for January yet that I need to avoid.

I can’t really imagine watching this while already knowing how it turns out. The whole viewing experience for me is just shock. I spent the entire time wondering if he would really go through with it and being amazed that he was even considering it. Then he did.

I still can’t quite believe it.

There is at least one scene that I can’t even remember right now. The one they cut to after Sheldon told Penny what he was going to do. I have no idea what that scene was. My mind blanked.

Edit: I just looked up the preview. That pretty much would've spoiled everything.

Not going to lie, I am super jealous of you managing to watch the episode knowing nothing about the episode. I could give a long rant about how the preview was way too revealing. They took a lot of mystery away from the episode.

My favorite line is "Amy's birthday present will be my genitals" and my favorite call back was to their first kiss on the couch. :)

• Like 2

On 12/9/2015 at 0:23 AM, dana1010 said:

As someone who has written a taping report before, don't stress yourself out too much about it. Simply write what you want to write if you want to write anything at all. 99.9% of spoiler people are happy to get any information and won't pester you, but the 0.1% can be really annoying. I can understand the appeal for spoilers because in a way you get to experience episodes twice. The first being a taping report and the second when the episode airs. As of now, I will be very upset if the 200th episode isn't Shamy centric. That may change depending on what kind of stuff we get between now and then. :)

I went back a few pages because I wanted to know if you'll still be upset if the 200th isn't about Shamy.  Personally, I'm good, roughly until Amy's next birthday.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tmp said:

I went back a few pages because I wanted to know if you'll still be upset if the 200th isn't about Shamy.  Personally, I'm good, roughly until Amy's next birthday.  

It will be fine with me if the 200th isn't about Shamy, but I still kind of think it will be. Possibly marriage proposal? Or they might wait to make that the season finale. What I really want for the 200th is a good group episode. I want everyone to have the same plot. I want the episode to have the same feel as season 4 love car. Group scenes are the best and I am going to keep saying I miss them until we get a dozen more episodes with them. What does everyone else want for the 200th? 

• Like 7

As fantastic as these last two Shamy episodes have been (I still can't quite believe it all happened!), I’ll be perfectly happy to see some traditional stories and group episodes for a while. It seems like a good idea to re-establish a feeling of normalcy for Shamy, and to show the audience that these characters are still who they've always been. A scene with everyone gathered to eat at Sheldon and Leonard's apartment would be most welcome. We haven't had that all season and I miss it.

7 hours ago, dana1010 said:

It will be fine with me if the 200th isn't about Shamy, but I still kind of think it will be. Possibly marriage proposal? Or they might wait to make that the season finale. What I really want for the 200th is a good group episode. I want everyone to have the same plot. I want the episode to have the same feel as season 4 love car. Group scenes are the best and I am going to keep saying I miss them until we get a dozen more episodes with them. What does everyone else want for the 200th? 

After all that has happened these last two weeks, it seems like we shouldn’t expect  much for the 200th episode. But you know, I still think there is a good chance that there will be a big moment of some kind too.

I originally assumed #200 would air in March, but Tensor’s updated broadcast and taping schedule lists it as airing on 2/18. Since it tapes on 2/9, that’s only a nine day turn around. Maybe that is because they really want it to land during February sweeps? I suppose there could be some other scheduling reason behind it, but it strikes me as an unusually short time between taping and airing.

• Like 1

I took this from the Shamy Spoilers thread and quoted it in here. It is from Einstein Von Brainstorm. This link should take you to it  but proceed with caution

http://forum.the-big-bang-theory.com/topic/5986-spoilers-shamy-season-9/?do=findComment&comment=444171 

Begin original post:

From http://tbbt-faves.tumblr.com

Sheldon before Amy walks into the room:

tumblr_nzmj50hr9a1sp0cpeo4_500.gif.42210

Sheldon as soon as he sees Amy:

tumblr_nzmj50hr9a1sp0cpeo3_500.gif.99035

This is the man who refused to high five Raj a few episodes ago about to be physically intimate for the first time, he's clearly anxious until he sees her and then he's suddenly fine because "if you're with the right person it'll be ok"

... if anyone needs me I'll be over in this corner having died a Shamy related death ok?! 

End original post. 

I am just in love with these gifs and the captions on them. The first one, he is a little nervous looking around not really sure about anything. The second one he just looks so calm like he just got reminded of who was going to walk through that door and join him. I love it. My apologizes that the quote thingy didn't work right. I just really wanted spoiler free people to see these two gifs. 

• Like 5

On 12/17/2015 at 5:48 AM, tmp said:

If Sheldon were the type to be possessive, I don't think he would have offered to leave and let Amy and Dave finish their date.

I don't know.

Sheldon was very possessive of Amy, in  Flaming Spittoon (to the point of asking her to be his girlfriend, rather than have her put herself in any more "repellent situations"), yet he left her to finish her date with Stuart.

On 12/19/2015 at 7:48 AM, Rule 34 said:

As fantastic as these last two Shamy episodes have been (I still can't quite believe it all happened!), I’ll be perfectly happy to see some traditional stories and group episodes for a while. It seems like a good idea to re-establish a feeling of normalcy for Shamy, and to show the audience that these characters are still who they've always been. A scene with everyone gathered to eat at Sheldon and Leonard's apartment would be most welcome. We haven't had that all season and I miss it.

After all that has happened these last two weeks, it seems like we shouldn’t expect  much for the 200th episode. But you know, I still think there is a good chance that there will be a big moment of some kind too.

I originally assumed #200 would air in March, but Tensor’s updated broadcast and taping schedule lists it as airing on 2/18. Since it tapes on 2/9, that’s only a nine day turn around. Maybe that is because they really want it to land during February sweeps? I suppose there could be some other scheduling reason behind it, but it strikes me as an unusually short time between taping and airing.

I took a look at the broadcast and taping schedule as well. It does seem like a pretty tight Feb schedule. I think most of the air dates are speculative until cbs actually releases the schedule. A 9 day turn around can be done, but it looks like they would do 2 9 day turn arounds in a row. We will have to see. It is interesting to me that they are trying to get 200 to land in sweeps because I also thought it would be in March. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't know.

Sheldon was very possessive of Amy, in  Flaming Spittoon (to the point of asking her to be his girlfriend, rather than have her put herself in any more "repellent situations"), yet he left her to finish her date with Stuart.

He was protective of her but he trusts her :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lennyx3 said:

I'm sorry but can you tell me what "in sweeps" means?

I only find translations about cleaning with a broom

Sweeps weeks are the weeks in Feb, May, and Nov when a company called Nielsen measures the ratings of TV shows.  (I'm not sure how ratings are calculated the other weeks, but they're always published.)  The ratings in these three months are used to set prices for advertisers, so networks often try to air special episodes then.

• Like 1