Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I like the way Amy dresses.

I very much liked the outfit she wore, in The Mystery Date Observation.

It suited her very well. And none of her comfort zones were showing. :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

You have to love that she wears clothes that are more based on comfort rather than aesthetics, how rare is that? I am kind of surprised the writers have stuck to pretty much her same clothing throughout her time on the show, It must have been tempting that with her character evolving and becoming more open socially that she would perhaps change her style a bit. But the writers decided not to and I guess that should be praised.

Actually I was a teenager in '63  :) and for everyday wear during the day in winter we dressed pretty much like Amy. Temperatures even in summer didn't reach what Amy et al experience in November ( often still don't ) so why she finds it comfortable I don't know  - unless everywhere she goes is air-conditioned ? Raj wraps up warm too and doesn't look exactly in the height of fashion.

I tend to like what Amy wears, except when she wears her navy jumper or her white vest  ( to me aka child's gymslip or white waistcoat ). Sheldon told his meemaw that Amy had her fashion sense, so he does notice what the love of his life wears and likes it.

Since Amy buys her skirts and dresses rather than making her own, there must be enough other customers who wear what Amy does for shops to make it worthwhile stocking them. I wonder how old they are ? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Since Amy buys her skirts and dresses rather than making her own, there must be enough other customers who wear what Amy does for shops to make it worthwhile stocking them. I wonder how old they are ? 

Sometimes she mentions that some of her clothes are hand-me-downs or she got them cheap at some yard sale or whatever, so it stands to reason she'd hunt for some bargains in all sorts of places like second hand shops/thrift stores as well*. But if you break down her wardrobe you can easily find many basics that you can get in regular stores. Demin skirts, simple shirts with cute floral prints, cardigans and knitted vests - it's all not that extra ordinary. If I wanted to cosplay her I could probably find everything I needed without digging too much in obscure shops, some normal stores that maybe target a bit more adult customers (as opposed to trendy tweens) would easily do the trick.

~~

*OMG now I see Amy going shopping like:

[Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" plays in the background]

"I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
This is fucking awesome


I wear your grandma's clothes
I look incredible
I'm in this big ass dress
From that thrift shop down the road"

lmao

(Now I want someone make an Amy fashion video with that song. hahaha)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also like that Amy didn't change the way she dressed and was happy with her wardrobe and wasn't open to influence.  It shows an inner confidence which is so great to see.  Love that Sheldon loves her just the way she is.  No changes required.

That being said every main character seems to have a uniform minus Penny.  Sheldon's superhero/comic tees, Leonard's enviro tees plus hoodie , Raj's old man cardigans plus cargos, Howie's skinny colourful jeans plus Dickie and bright top, Bernie's dresses, tights and cropped cardigans and Amy's old lady wear.

Hmmm I looked at what I wear to work....I may dress like one of the characters.  Dresses, tights, platform sandals so I can be a bit taller, a cardigan cause I'm always cold.  Lol!  I guess I have a uniform too!

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think during the course of the seasons Sheldon's dresses has changed a lot. I don't speak of course of his everyday clothes, his "uniform", as Nibbler called it, but of his more formal outfits. In the first seasons, he had those plaid suits which were so odd and so funny (I miss them somehow, I would have liked to see them in his storage in the hoarding episode together with his costumes) and he thought that it was not very worth to pay so much money just for "one" colour (I beg to differ here, I miss his black suit in The Pants Alternative as much as I miss his plaid ones, LOL!). As he started dating Amy, he gave up the plaid, but still wore very old fashioned suits. shirts and ties, which in general didn't match at all. In season 8 and 9 he found his "style", IMO, wearing those two pieces and striped shirts, finally matching. I think the custom department in the show works very well, since his way of dressing for me reflects his changes in attitude towards social activities in general and date nights in particular. He is still himself, since his everyday clothes are always the same, but he has learnt to put more care in his "formal" dresses, he looks nicer now when there's a special occasion or he is with Amy. I like that.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheldon wears some really nice smart jackets and shirts these days, much better than the awful plaid lol. His formal smart clothing is a lot better, I really noticed it towards the end of Season 8.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think it means 1963, but rather 63 years of age.

I know it does, hence the smiley face. I just thought I'd mention it because that also was when those clothes were fashionable with the young, who would have been 63 five years ago when the episode was shown.

 

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think it means 1963, but rather 63 years of age.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

Do you think Amy is supposed to be older than Sheldon, in age ? I'm just going by looks and Sheldon kinda looks younger than her.Maybe I feel that way because he dresses like a teenager whereas Amy dresses like older women.  Not talking about the actors, but the characters. Don't know how old Amy is supposed to be.

From the info we've been given, she went through high school (The Junior Professor Solution)....

Amy: Because it’s taken 15 years, but high school is finally awesome. I love them both, but I’m in the centre now, and I love that even more.

And before that (The Vacation Solution)....

Amy: Hey, I’ve been training in the field of neurobiology for 12 years. You’ve been here for three hours, and you’ve spent one of them in the bathroom.

So if we figure Sheldon was born in 1980, he'd be 36 now.  And according to Amy's time frames mentioned above, and knowing how over protective her mother is (and not let her jump ahead in grades the way Sheldon did), she's roughly 1-2 years younger than he is.

Ironically, I think he's actually older than everybody in the group.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I love everything Amy wears

 

Except for the awful yellow mustard cardigan

 

Burn it now!

lol I don't think it's too bad. Some of those orthopedic shoes though...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

From the info we've been given, she went through high school (The Junior Professor Solution)....

Amy: Because it’s taken 15 years, but high school is finally awesome. I love them both, but I’m in the centre now, and I love that even more.

And before that (The Vacation Solution)....

Amy: Hey, I’ve been training in the field of neurobiology for 12 years. You’ve been here for three hours, and you’ve spent one of them in the bathroom.

So if we figure Sheldon was born in 1980, he'd be 36 now.  And according to Amy's time frames mentioned above, and knowing how over protective her mother is (and not let her jump ahead in grades the way Sheldon did), she's roughly 1-2 years younger than he is.

Ironically, I think he's actually older than everybody in the group.

Judging by Penny's comment in the valentine's episode that Leonard is closer to 40 than 30 now I think he was born the same year as Sheldon. Which of course would still make Sheldon the oldest but only by a few months. Raj is having his 35th b-day in October and I think Howard is the same age as he is though we don't know his date of birth. Penny is now 30 years old (31 this Dec) and of course Amy is 34/35ish, as per the calculations above. The only one who's really hard to place is Bernie cause we don't know that much about her biography. How quick can you get a Ph.D. in microbiology? (Assuming she didn't skip classes like Sheldon but aced her studies.) That could maybe give us a hint. But I'm guessing it would also be something around 30 years (+/- a year or two??).

But yeah, from what I can tell Shamy are definitely the oldest couple of the gang and the one that is closest in age (unless Bernie is secretly 34 as well lol).

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree since you did the math about Amy's age. As of this year, Leonard and Sheldon are the both 36 and perhaps the oldest ones in the gang.The irony of Sheldon being older than Amy(and others) despite looking younger(baby face n all ) , dressing like a teen and his generally low maturity level is not lost on me. Haha. LOL.  

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

I agree since you did the math about Amy's age. As of this year, Leonard and Sheldon are the both 36 and perhaps the oldest ones in the gang.The irony of Sheldon being older than Amy(and others) despite looking younger(baby face n all ) , dressing like a teen and his generally low maturity level is not lost on me. Haha. LOL.  

Makes me think of those click-baity ads like:

Quote

 

Jim Parsons: Dermatologists hate him!

He is 43 but looks 30!

Local actor exposes shocking anti-aging secret. For $5 you can learn his amazing secret!!

>>> CLICK HERE <<<

 

LMAO

~~

BTW the next match of the S9 tournament is on! http://the-big-bang-theory.com/episode-tournament/

Opening Night and Earworm won the first two easily, now it's Convergence vs. Valentines and it's been going back and forth all day. I'm curious which one will make it!! :D

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I voted for Valentine's

Me too! I thought it was a delightful episode. One of the funniest this season for me. I liked Convergence a lot as well but it relies a lot on its guest stars while Valentino is all about the gang and each of the couples has cute and funny moments. <3

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2016 at 8:29 PM, April said:

TBBTGroup_Hug.gif

To quote Amy:-

This is kind of hot. :icon_biggrin: 

12 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Except for the awful yellow mustard cardigan

Burn it now!

I don't recall a mustard cardigan.

I recall a yellow top she wore, when the girls went to Vegas, in The Focus Attenuation.

latest?cb=20141003130328

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

and I love how they love each other for who they are, not their clothing choices.

I wrote that point into one of my fanfics.

1 hour ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I voted for Valentine's

Me too.

Apart from creepy/pervy Bawwy Kwipky, it was an enjoyable and fun episode.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last part of the Season 9 tournament will be really a Sophie Choice kind of stuff for Shamies, LOL! Right now the second semifinal involves two deeply emotional episodes for us all, that's tough! I voted the Spock episode. I liked very much the Shamy parts in Earworm, those are some of my favourite scenes of the  whole season, but the b-plot in it was very weak (and yucky...); overall I think Spock was more balanced, original (for  the director's choices during Sheldon's interview) and so well acted. Anyway, I'll be happy with whatever the majority decide, LOL! Maybe we could list our favourite Shamy scenes in the season; I think mine are, in no particular order, the fist bed scene in Opening Night, the door scene in Earworm and the tag in the Big-Baer episode. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mirs1 said:

The last part of the Season 9 tournament will be really a Sophie Choice kind of stuff for Shamies, LOL! Right now the second semifinal involves two deeply emotional episodes for us all, that's tough! I voted the Spock episode. I liked very much the Shamy parts in Earworm, those are some of my favourite scenes of the  whole season, but the b-plot in it was very weak (and yucky...); overall I think Spock was more balanced, original (for  the director's choices during Sheldon's interview) and so well acted. Anyway, I'll be happy with whatever the majority decide, LOL! Maybe we could list our favourite Shamy scenes in the season; I think mine are, in no particular order, the fist bed scene in Opening Night, the door scene in Earworm and the tag in the Big-Baer episode. 

Oh god :D Sophie's choice was my though too! I voted Earworm. I liked Spock but Earworm can't be beat IMO.

Anyway, my favourite Shamy scenes are the ones you mentioned plus all their scenes in Solder.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.