[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Spoiler news said that there will be a time jump but is that ideal? Hm. I support whatever the writers will do. :-) Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't see this time jump situation anywhere.  Do you have the link??

• Like 3

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

I can actually picture Sheldon being okay with Leonard moving out 'cause that's just a drop in the bucket compared to his Amy dilemma.

Yes, wouldn't that be an interesting change, where Sheldon's let's go of things that used to worry or frustrate him because all his focus on Amy.   I love this idea.

I also think it would be interesting to see him becoming a little bit un kept, less tidy and compulsive; physical signs of his anguish where his friends take notice.

• Like 2

With Amy breaking up with and Leonard moving out, Sheldon's going to feel like the whole world is against him..... watch out world is what I say!

Yes...though period! I think at, as soon as Lenny tell him they are going to move out, he will act for a little while as childish Sheldon, and will try to keep them in the apartment,  but eventually,  he will understand the situation and accept the whole thing. It will be a moving moment, IMO, an epic one for TBBT!!

Of course it is kind of soon to say this, but I was thinking that another way (apart the ring, which is my highest hope for the premiere) the writers may use to raise viewers "sympathy" for Sheldon's reasons (since up to now acting the way he does in the first two episodes he clearly doesn't get much...) is to let him face  the situation alone. His best friend gone, of course across the hall, not on Mars, but rightly engaged in adjusting with the new life, and the other members of the gang basically taking Amy's side, so not giving to him support or advices. I'm not over their behavior at Lenny's wedding, to exclude him was cruel, BTW!! It would be very telling, IMO, if against all the advises eventually people is giving to him to let it go, he continues to fight for Amy, hopefully with better success,  but remaining faithful to what he is

• Like 1

I want to see them coping with it.

It would be silly to time jump and I hope for Shamys sake it's not an EXTREME amount of time. I too want to see them cope more, their still in the angry stages. I want to see new sides to Sheldon and Amy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Yes...though period! I think at, as soon as Lenny tell him they are going to move out, he will act for a little while as childish Sheldon, and will try to keep them in the apartment,  but eventually,  he will understand the situation and accept the whole thing. It will be a moving moment, IMO, an epic one for TBBT!!

Of course it is kind of soon to say this, but I was thinking that another way (apart the ring, which is my highest hope for the premiere) the writers may use to raise viewers "sympathy" for Sheldon's reasons (since up to now acting the way he does in the first two episodes he clearly doesn't get much...) is to let him face  the situation alone. His best friend gone, of course across the hall, not on Mars, but rightly engaged in adjusting with the new life, and the other members of the gang basically taking Amy's side, so not giving to him support or advices. I'm not over their behavior at Lenny's wedding, to exclude him was cruel, BTW!! It would be very telling, IMO, if against all the advises eventually people is giving to him to let it go, he continues to fight for Amy, hopefully with better success,  but remaining faithful to what he is

I don't really think that Sheldon will come across that big a jerk once we get to see it on screen. Kerry says that it' obvious he's only saying these things out of hurt. I very much trust in Jim's ability to bring this to our attention. I expect it to be rather cute than condescending...

Edited by Juni
  • Like 5

I don't really think that Sheldon will come across that big a jerk once we get to see it on screen. Kerry says that it' obvious he's only saying these things out of hurt. I very much trust in Jim's ability to bring this to our attention. I expect it to be rather cute than condescending...

Maybe so, but he's still hurting Amy (who is already hurting).

I know there is two sides to the story, but still doesn't sound like it's going to be pleasant to watch.

• Like 3

I know there is two sides to the story, but still doesn't sound like it's going to be pleasant to watch.

Like Amy said: " I'm putting lipstick on a pig here."

• Like 6

Actually, I can see Sheldon reacting similar to the way he did at the end of Table Polarization when Amy got cocky about implying they should move in together.  Sheldon resisted at first but then just flung his hand out and told them to keep the table.

I can see the tables turned, pun intended, where Sheldon is letting Leonard's move happen because the issue about him staying in the apartment is not so important to him anymore.   I believe he accepted this when he strongly urged Lenny to get on with getting married.    It doesn't mean Sheldon won't try to resist to evade loneliness now with Amy being absent, but I think he has accepted the eventuality of it.

Given how much Sheldon has been thinking about relationships and the obvious fact that he wants to spend more time with Amy outside of the parameters of the RA means he likely has a better understanding of why Lenny would want to be living together.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

From episode two, I'm getting the impression that Sheldon thinks he has a plan to win her back, and that plan includes making her angry.  What's more is that he thinks it's working.  So I don't see how a time jump or even an episode apart fits into that, unless Amy goes into hiding.  Why would he stop pestering her?  Is he moving on to what he sees as step two?  That could actually be interesting.  I can't wait for more spoilers.

Sheldon's not deliberately hurting her.His intention is to get back with Amy by very wrongly insinuating that he is all for sexual intimacy now.He is using sexual intimacy because he thinks that's what Amy wanted from him the longest time,and by acting like he's one hell of a sex on a stick,he thinks Amy will change her mind about the break up. Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Sheldon's not deliberately hurting her.His intention is to get back with Amy by very wrongly insinuating that he is all for sexual intimacy now.He is using sexual intimacy because he thinks that's what Amy wanted from him the longest time,and by acting like he's one hell of a sex on a stick,he thinks Amy will change her mind about the break up. Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Oh. I agree to this. He is just doing it the wrong way coz he thought his way is the right way haha soo funny. XD Is it true Sheldon said they have a baby?? haha LOL Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Oh. I agree to this. He is just doing it the wrong way coz he thought his way is the right way haha soo funny.

xD

Is it true Sheldon said they have a baby?? haha LOL Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I think he referred to FWF as their baby.

I also don't think there's gonna be any time jumps. At least not now. It's not like theyre obligated to write Christmas or Halloween episodes each year. I would like to see a Valentine's day episode this year though. And maybe a Father's day episode for a story on the father of either Amy or Howard.

Speaking of Amy´s father, as far as I remember, they´ve never mentioned him before.

Amy always mentioned her mother.

I would love to have an NYE, that´s my ideal event for a Shamy proposal!

• Like 2

I didn't see this time jump situation anywhere.  Do you have the link??

Kerry... I read it from somewhere. I read an article about it. I can't find it now but I was really sure in that article it said there will be a time jump.. But i dont know if thats already confirmed or rumor. If I find it, I'll tell you. Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

Kerry... I read it from somewhere. I read an article about it. I can't find it now but I was really sure in that article it said there will be a time jump.. But i dont know if thats already confirmed or rumor. If I find it, I'll tell you. Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

yea I just did some major digging and didn't see this anywhere from any reliable source so I'm saying no-go on the time jump.

• Like 4

yea I just did some major digging and didn't see this anywhere from any reliable source so I'm saying no-go on the time jump.

Agreed. Maybe just a rumor. Unless it will come from Steve Molaro himself.. well, wait and see. I wanna know what happened to the ring! I thought it will be answered on the premiere. No mention of it on taping report. Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think the absence os Shamy scene in 9*03 is due to Sheldon still pestering Amy and Amy just ignoring him, because that would make 3 episodes in a row with a pestering Sheldon, and that would become really boring.

Was he advised to stop or did he find the solution on his own, I hope we will soon know about it!

I love the idea of Sheldon having no problem with Leonard moving out, and Lenny getting worried by his totally unexpected behaviour... But what about Wyatt then?

• Like 1

What if it's like that one FF where Wyatt stays with Sheldon in Leonard's room AND Sheldon gets advice from him???   mmmmmmm  only 12 hours + 4 more

Thatd be funny but I doubt it...Maybe in another ep? :icon_razz:

• Like 1

Sheldon, all over the years is pure Sheldon. He can sometimes read sarcasm but that doesnt mean he can grasp some social protocols esp in terms of relationship. Its difficult for Sheldon as well as Amy. Amy wants to be strong... Sheldon will never give up on Amy. :) Have faith. Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 4

Post break-up, I think Sheldon is still trying to get his point across that if the lack of intimacy is why she is angry at him, it is no longer an issue for him.   Until Amy has an honest conversation with him about the real issues bothering her, he is going to keep missing the mark.   

I just wanted to add to my prior comment, that I think it would be interesting if Sheldon were to put the moves on Amy as a last resort effort to get his point across and she stops him because she doesn't want him to get the wrong idea that that is all that she wants from him.

• Like 5

I just wanted to add to my prior comment, that I think it would be interesting if Sheldon were to put the moves on Amy as a last resort effort to get his point across and she stops him because she doesn't want him to get the wrong idea that that is all that she wants from him.

Wouldn't that be a fun way to turn the tables and give him a "WHAT THE HELL AMY?!? Didn't I do everything the way you wanted?" moment?! lol

• Like 6

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic