[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

I think the writers left FB status-change-or-no-change to the viewers' imagination instead.

Perhaps...but I honestly think given that she was making a reference to violating the RA by getting her ears pierced...that she was still feeling bound by the RA (good thing, guys..good thing here and important one at that) and she never talked about signing the termination clause, etc.   So the FB status seems like she likely joked and didn't change because to her it is like the RA...it makes it too final.  That may just be my interpretation, but I think the two are very similar to her.

• Like 6

She didn't (if I understand correctly). She was just teased by girls she should, she thought "yes, I should inform  my friends" so she looked at Penny and Bernadette, to inform the only one that she had - that happened to be in room with her. 

Ok, thanks for the explanation Tallin!

Than I misunderstood it!

I´m glad about it, because this means, Amy really didn´t end up her relationship with Sheldon. It was just an overreaction because Sheldon hurt her.

But she can´t take them back either, because otherwise she would be inconsequent in Sheldon´s eyes and she really has to stand her ground, if she ever wants Sheldon to change his behaviour towards her. She can´t change him completely (and to be honest, I don´t want her to make him turn completely into another man!), but there are ceratin things, that need to be changed in their relationship, in order to get a healthy and balanced relationship.

• Like 3

Also. Amy's mum a b****. A 'sin cupboard'? Really? I guess now she knows about the break up this can give Amy's mum an invite to come over..... I just wanna give Ames a cuddle right now... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding whatever goodwill I had towards her mother a few days ago: I take it all back. JFC woman what are you doing to your poor daughter????

Anyway guys....we are so complaining about boys' behaviour towards Sheldon (and i'm so doing it) but i don't think penny and bernie are doing Amy any better!!!

I actually hope that this will lead to Amy taking a stance against the girls and fight for her relationship with Sheldon/defend him.

That said, I don't necessarily think the girls pushing her to move on is coming from a bad place. After all they've listened to Amy complaining about Sheldon/feeling unhappy for a while now (not constantly but there are a whole lot negative remarks that just add up over the years) and tbh if that's the kind of stories I'd hear from my bestie when she talks about her man I'd also be like "Girl, you deserve better!" if you know what I mean.

So with all that push and pull going on with Amy I desperately hope she finds a way to get some time for herself. I had hoped for a cute mother-daughter moment but I think that ship has now sailed as well. Poor Amy!

• Like 3

Whatever Amy's intentions are, the fact is that she does how she is told to do, and that's not right.

Moreovern they're giving Amy wrong advice because since it is obvious that Amy doesn't want a permanent break up, they totally shouldn't push on that direction but respect her feelings.

And it's really sad that Amy doesn't resist more.

Now I expect Amy to say " Ok, thanks with your advice, but in fact I wish I can find a solution, I don't want to move on"

• Like 3

Someone should make a gif of the S7 finale scene with a "TBBT writers" label across Amy's eyes and "Koops" across Sheldon's with the dialogue: "Maybe we can just write a filler episode to ease the tension" "Oh, YEAH! Why don't we have Amy find another boyfriend too! And move to another country to live their sunset years together! Are you listening to yourselves?!" Eta: I don't think Amy physically changed her status. Sounds like she got out of it by making that joke

Hell yeah! That's hysterical..

So with all that push and pull going on with Amy I desperately hope she finds a way to get some time for herself. I had hoped for a cute mother-daughter moment but I think that ship has now sailed as well. Poor Amy!

completely agree with you April. Think Amy needs to go to a nice beach somewhere and just think. 

I get that the girls are all in for her moving on cause of her years of complaining about Sheldon but... Anyone can see they're made for each other. How many times has Amy hammered home to Sheldon about how 'she's the best he's ever gonna have' is true. Just hope he realises this soon.

My hearts more broken over ep 3 than the first 2! Where's Amy's fight gone :(

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 1

What I am getting from this episode is this step back by Amy is not just about Sheldon. Amy realizes that she needs to figure out who she is and what it is she really wants.   It is more than Sheldon.  She was being pushed around by her friends, she has had a very traumatic childhood and is still being pushed around by her mother it appears,  and she is in love with a man who will always be selfish and a bit of a man-child...which is an aspect she fell in love with about him in the first place...and she is trying to decide what this all means and what it means about her. She has romanticized love and found out that life isn't like her movies and novels.  So she is confused and trying to unravel all these push and pull things happening.  

She feels pushed by everyone else and yet she sees herself pushing Sheldon.   She realized that and thinks that she is doing to him what others are doing to her.   That made her step back and want to take a break.  Originally I think it was just to think and sort things out, but his pestering her made her impulsively break-up with him.   Nows she has regrets about the break-up but still needs the time and space.

I think Sheldon really can't do anything right now but give her space to win her back.   I think she needs a lot of time contemplating herself and working on herself as she said....because I think she is confused about what she really wants.   He can't figure it out because she can't figure it out.  So they would just be running in circles until she goes through that process.  

However, I think once she has had the time and if he does small self-less gestures in the meantime, nothing pushy, but just small reminders that he loves her, I think she will be able to sort out her thoughts and know what it is she wants and they can finally get back on the same page and reconcile.  But not sure if that will be a just a few episodes process given where we were left with this episode.   I mean the poor girl is locked in Penny's closet...Shudder....just think how that must feel after what she confided to her friends.  :cry:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 8

But the problem is that WE know that sheldon wanted to give the ring but nobody of THEM know about this fact.So i think it's natural that the girls want to help Amy to choose another guy because they see sheldon threated her very badly.look I love Sheldon but sometimes he doesn't care about her feelings. Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

*dead* X_X I agree. It's almost like she's doing it out of protocol 'cause that's what you go when up break up with someone' you made this decision without anyone else's input now handle it without their input. Also.

Amy's mum a b****. A 'sin cupboard'? Really?

I guess now she knows about the break up this can give Amy's mum an invite to come over..... I just wanna give Ames a cuddle right now... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Lord! Boy, can I see where Amy is coming from now. A mother like this, no friends, being bullied all the time...No wonder she's desperate for attention and intimacy. Finally she's found Sheldon and he's also reluctent to be close with her. Well, I pretty much understand why she's so frustrated.

Edited by Juni
  • Like 7

completely agree with you April. Think Amy needs to go to a nice beach somewhere and just think. 

I get that the girls are all in for her moving on cause of her years of complaining about Sheldon but... Anyone can see they're made for each other. How many times has Amy hammered home to Sheldon about how 'she's the best he's ever gonna have' is true. Just hope he realises this soon.

My hearts more broken over ep 3 than the first 2! Where's Amy's fight gone :(

Bold part - Actually I think she showed it in spots in the episode tonight and in other spots not so much.   I think standing up and turning around the FB thing into a joke was standing up for herself. Saying she didn't want a make-over other than getting her ears pierced was also standing up for herself.   She is very content with her looks the way they are and that was phenomenal for her to stand up to the other two girls on that matter.  I also think that her saying that she wants to work on herself also was standing up for herself.   Sadly though....there were a lot of moments otherwise, such as letting the girls convince her to call her mother at all, much less letting Penny grab the phone and say what she said.  Also allowing them to lock her in Penny's closet was also a "what the heck?"... but in some ways she did stand up for herself, IMO.

• Like 4

Good Lord! Boy, can I see where Amy is coming from now. A mother like this, no friends, being bullied all the time...No wonder she's desperate for attention and intimacy. Finally she's found Sheldon and he's also reluctent to be close to her. Well, I pretty much understand why she's so frustrated.

I hope that the tag scene will help Sheldon understand her need for love and affection and intimacy now.   I hope it really hit a nerve with him. I wish they had focused more on that...but I suspect that it won't be addressed which is a shame...because it might help him become far more self-less with Amy (not others necessarily, but with her yes).

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

I hope that the tag scene will help Sheldon understand her need for love and affection and intimacy now.   I hope it really hit a nerve with him. I wish they had focused more on that...but I suspect that it won't be addressed which is a shame...because it might help him become far more self-less with Amy (not others necessarily, but with her yes).  :eyeroll:

What tag scene? I don't have this tidbit I don't think.

• Like 2

Amy's mum a b****. A 'sin cupboard'?  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is when my appreciation for the fanfic writers comes in, especially the fanfic writers who stuck with how TV Amy is. There are several great fanfic writers who treated Amy as a patient mom to her and Sheldon's fanfic daughter, Marie. That fanfiction with all of them have kids, where they have a Christmas party at 4A and Sheldon gives his daughter a Poison Ivy action figure, and when Marie was having a hard time at advanced classes and Amy was sensing it, with Sheldon adamantly going against bringing Marie back to her age-appropriate class and Amy arguing with his decision. This scene brought that fanfic to my mind.

This 'sin cupboard' thing brought me back to that movie Carrie, version of Julianne Moore as the crazy mom dragging Chloe Grace Moretz in a closet because Chloe wanted to go to the prom.

The tag scene was the boys coming back from their aborted trip from Mexico. Sheldon/Leonard returned and Penny sees them walking in all smokey because the van caught on fire on their way returning after the flat tire fiasco.   She asks what happened and they explained...they asked how girls night went and she says "Amy got her ears pierced, she called her mother and told her about the breakup, her mother used to lock her in a "sin-closet" and asked that Amy be put in my closet, where she is now, and my pet pig died"...I don't remember the exact wording but that was the gist of it.   Sheldon supposedly looks very startled when she talks about Amy.

• Like 7

Paraphrasing from what Trina said in the chat:

The tag has Penny, Leonard and Sheldon meet after they get back from the trip and they go back and forth about what happened and who had the weirdest night. Penny mentioned Amy got her ears pierced and her mother forced them to put her in to Penny's closet. This has Sheldon startled though Trina wasn't sure if this was just the mention of Amy or genuine concern at this moment.

• Like 5

The tag has Penny, Leonard and Sheldon meet after they get back from the trip and they go back and forth about what happened and who had the weirdest night. Penny mentioned Amy got her ears pierced and her mother forced them to put her in to Penny's closet. This has Sheldon startled though Trina wasn't sure if this was just the mention of Amy or genuine concern at this moment.

Thanks April! Did you get some more Shamy-related detail? Need a fix ;)

• Like 2

It was likely both the mention of Amy and knowing she was currently in the closet.  I have to say Amy's mother sounds a right *****!!!!

Anyway, I 'm kinda of hoping now that Sheldon will see how anyone is pushing Amy into one thing or another and that he was also doing this at times.  And than at some point stands up her and what she wants.

• Like 3

oh Shelly use that beautiful big brain of yours!

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 4

Yes, I get it's for the comedic factor, but why exactly are the girls going through with Amy's mother's request to lock her in the closet? That's more disturbing than funny.

Edited by Juni
  • Like 9

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic