[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

The more I think to the pierced ears, the more I like it! I may relate to this also from a personal pov, since I got my ears pierced just a couple of years ago,  not for issues with my mother or my boyfriend on the subject, but for my own needles phobya, and it was really an ego-boost when I could convince myself to do it. Returning to Amy, this for me is a symbol she is fighting to be herself (quirks and all, and that's why I'm so against a makeover for her), she is rebelling to his mother (who I guess was against earings) and also to the parts of the RA that are so unbalanced in Sheldon's favour. She is still considering that RA is a part of her life (wow!!!) but there are parts of it (and consequently parts of her own relationship) she is not happy with, so she acts against them. I can see better now where the writers are going with it, I'm not sure it will be something quickly resolved, but really they are making Amy standing for herself. Of course, there are yet moments in which she is not confident enough to state her reasons and she relies on her friends too much (that's why she ends up in the closet) but she is on the right way. And the fact that she is reluctant in admitting in public or with her mother that the relationship is over (and actually she doesn't say it to her by herself) gives me so much hope for the future..Maybe it will be a long journey...

• Like 6

Sooooo, with 3 episodes now, what's everybody's general feelings with the direction of Shamy right now? Good? bad? hopeful?

I dunno. Hopeful I guess. If that look in the tag is anything to go by I'm hoping they've both moved past being angry and will talk to each other like they use to and PRAY they work things out by atleast mid season. My Shamy ship definitely hasn't hit that iceberg yet. How about you Luna?

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 1

I dunno. Hopeful I guess. If that look in the tag is anything to go by I'm hoping they've both moved past being angry and will talk to each other like they use to and PRAY they work things out by atleast mid season. My Shamy ship definitely hasn't hit that iceberg yet. How about you Luna?

I am feeling hopeful as per usual :icon_biggrin: I can't believe that just a week ago I was seriously contemplating giving up on this show and this couple LOL. Now I'm actually really pumped for the season to begin. I think that this break-up won't last much longer now. I'd be fine to stretch my episode 5 reunion limit to episode 8 because that'd be like on the anniversary of prom and the ILY2.

• Like 7

I am feeling hopeful as per usual :icon_biggrin: I can't believe that just a week ago I was seriously contemplating giving up on this show and this couple LOL. Now I'm actually really pumped for the season to begin. I think that this break-up won't last much longer now. I'd be fine to stretch my episode 5 reunion limit to episode 8 because that'd be like on the anniversary of prom and the ILY2.

I'd forgotten about the anniversary of the prom, maybe that will be when they do get back together and they reaffirm their love for each other?

• Like 3

Sooooo, with 3 episodes now, what's everybody's general feelings with the direction of Shamy right now? Good? bad? hopeful?

See my sig, I really think the Shamy as we know and love is gone forever.

But did I understand it right, did the girls lock Amy in a closet???

• Like 1

Consciously - I'm not too happy.

Subconsciously - Gut tells me to calm the fcuk down because everything will be alright. Remember the Relationship Agreement!!!

Who win - Still the subconscious.

• Like 3

I don't mind that at all because, logistically, the story needs to have some conflict. So you can have two options: either the girls are trying to convince Amy to reconsider and the friction is Amy being resolute about it, or, like we are seeing, the girls want to help her move on and Amy is reluctant. I much prefer it this way because what matters is Amy's feelings, not what others feel about her relationship. And she's obviously still hesitating. Also, I don't think the girls are pushing her away from Sheldon per se, as just trying to be helpful in the only way they know how: most people when they break up, move on and try to get over it. They are trying to get her to handle the break the way they would. What I (tentatively) like about this is that Amy doesn't seem to want that. 

Bottom line to me is that what matters are Amy's intentions and feelings, not those of the people around her. As long as she's not resolute and moving on, that means she doesn't really want this. And I think what this can highlight, if played right, is nobody understands Amy better than Sheldon and viceversa. So I'm feeling cautiously optimistic, especially given Mayim's latest interview and the fact that the last four episodes still spread out across only a week.

Yes absolutely :) I think the fact they are being pushed pulled by others will ultimately make them see they just need each other and understand each other better than anyone else can, this is what makes them , them - and that's what makes us love them , they are who they are and love each other for it !!

im at work sneaking about here to type this......oops !

• Like 9

That's a great way to look at it! I hope they don't milk it for all its worth, don't think my heart can handle it!

I thought I back tracked everything but what look in the tag? Can somebody explain? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when Penny catches the boys after their aborted trip she tells them about girls night and how Amy's mum told them to lock Amy in Penny's cupboard apparently Sheldon gives a look of concern or something along those lines. It could be purely of the mention of Amy's name or a look like 'why did you do that' (I wasn't at the taping btw) I guess we'll only know once it's aired

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 7

Amy has been deprived of a normal adolescense by her mother. Usually one would stand up to one's parents at some point. Having a social circle, people who think alike and support you for who you are, is vital for this to occur. Amy had none of that. Only when she met Sheldon and the rest of the gang, she got the opportunity to evolve and define herself. This must have been overwhelming for her. She finally realized that she has the right to do what makes her happy, to stand up for herself. She's been held back by restrictions and rules her whole life. Maybe it got her to think, if Sheldon is holding her back in a way. Once the dust settles, she'll recognize Sheldon as her one constant in life. The only one who truly understands her. She'll come around in a while, I'm sure.

Ooh I like this!!! The holding back part and makes sense. I think we all know she'll come around but comparing how she feels like is going nowhere in both relationships does hold some validity. And how she trusts these girlfriends more than anything. They have helped her grow up, see this other world, and both women got their men....so she goes along with whatever they say. I only see good coming from this episode because Sheldon and Amy needs to do what works for them. They will get there Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

I hope that the good from the future episodes will outweigh the negativity felt by the first two episodes and that some of the saddened Shamy shippers will decide to continue with the show and this couple.

• Like 2

Amy has been deprived of a normal adolescense by her mother. Usually one would stand up to one's parents at some point. Having a social circle, people who think alike and support you for who you are, is vital for this to occur. Amy had none of that. Only when she met Sheldon and the rest of the gang, she got the opportunity to evolve and define herself. This must have been overwhelming for her. She finally realized that she has the right to do what makes her happy, to stand up for herself. She's been held back by restrictions and rules her whole life. Maybe it got her to think, if Sheldon is holding her back in a way. Once the dust settles, she'll recognize Sheldon as her one constant in life. The only one who truly understands her. She'll come around in a while, I'm sure.

A tear just ran down my face at that bit in bold. You might have just hit the nail on the head Juni. I have faith in Amy. Not say Sheldon hasn't treated her badly but she hasn't exactly been nice to him either. Oh Shamy

• Like 6

The writer's love to play child abuse for lols. It makes sense that Bernadette and Penny would go along with Amy's mom considering how they have frequently acted towards their own husbands. 

But I am not going to split hairs. This episode sounded funny. I'd have been happier if it had ended with Sheldon spring her from the closet... Or had her friends calling her mom a crazy bitch and not putting her in the closet.

yeah... like in Dirty Dancing... ' no one puts my Amy in a closet' then grabs her hand and whisks her away .... ( sorry, my fan fic side is coming out again! :p ) 

=============================================================================================================

I told you guys... they are taking us for a wild ride this season... why? BECAUSE THEY CAN and they know we'll stick around to see when and how Shamy will get back together...

Edited by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 5

Watching The Rothman Disintegration...when Amy took back her gift of (hideous) giant painting of her and Penny to her apartment (Amy: I was a fool from "summer loving" to the last "rama lama lama ke ding a de dinga a dong!), hanging by the mini-bar is a mini cork-and-whiteboard is Amy's to-do list: 1. Results from tech/test to lab and 2. Lunch with Mom, with a shape drawn around it.

When I first saw 2. Lunch with Mom with a shape drawn around it I thought it was something like an important/do -not-miss kind of reminder for Amy. Based on the TR earlier I'm not sure what I make out of Amy's relationship with her mom now. I do want to see more of Amy's backstory, especially in this season,before she and Sheldon get engaged (gosh I sound more than optimistic!). I've already seen how Sheldon is with the women in his life, women that he considers important in his life (consciously and subconsciously) - his mom, his Meemaw, his friend/"older sister" Penny, his biological twin Missy (I am convinced he really cares about Missy), and of course, his girlfriend (and soon to be fiance) Amy.

• Like 3

The thing about Amy and her mother is the one thing from the taping that quite disheartening for me. I know they do these disturbing jokes a lot with Amy when she talks about her mother/past in general. It's just that I hoped they'd be over that by now and let them have a nice mother-daughter talk or something. But having this -from what I can tell anyway- dysfunctional relationship still unchanged today is somewhat crossing the line into "Dude, not funny!" territory. Of course I'd need to see the final episode and I'm sure it's played a lot more light-hearted than the unfortunate implications would allow for in other circumstances.

Idk, I guess I just want someone to give Amy a hug and hot beverage or something. ughh

• Like 7

Guys I'm sneaking on at work again, where I can read about the RA and ear piercing etc, I'm obviously missing a more detailed post . Sorry I will get caught if I spend too long searching !!!!!! 

If there is a proper post on this I can't find it right now either. Trina was hanging out in the chat earlier and answered a ton of questions so I suppose the information might come from there. At least that's where I heard about the ear piercing. Basically in their mini bachelorette party the girls suggest a makeover for Amy but she doesn't really want to change her styling but wants her ears pierced instead.

If anyone knows where exactly the RA comes into play, be my guest and don't hold back with the details! ;)

• Like 2

Guys I'm sneaking on at work again, where I can read about the RA and ear piercing etc, I'm obviously missing a more detailed post . Sorry I will get caught if I spend too long searching !!!!!! 

I don't know how to take a quote from the other forum into this one, but Trina spilled some detail on page 94 of the General spoiler thread. I think there's more on the following pages as well. Also April got some info in the chat. Trina (thanx again!) promised to provide us with a short summary later on... Hope that was helpful ;)

Edit: I just saw, April beat me to this..

Edited by Juni
  • Like 3

If there is a proper post on this I can't find it right now either. Trina was hanging out in the chat earlier and answered a ton of questions so I suppose the information might come from there. At least that's where I heard about the ear piercing. Basically in their mini bachelorette party the girls suggest a makeover for Amy but she doesn't really want to change her styling but wants her ears pierced instead.

If anyone knows where exactly the RA comes into play, be my guest and don't hold back with the details! ;)

Thank you :) 

I don't know how to take a quote from the other forum into this one, but Trina spilled some detail on page 94 of the General spoiler thread. I think there's more on the following pages as well. Also April got some info in the chat. Trina (thanx again!) promised to provide us with a short summary later on... Hope that was helpful ;)

Edit: I just saw, April beat me to this..

Thank you too :) 

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic