[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

It's roughly 3-4 hours from Pasedena to Vegas.  Here's what we've been told so far....

- The premier starts a few hours after the finale.

- Lenny are still going to be in Vegas.

- We will find out more about the ring.  When he got it and how long he's had it.

All this says to me that no, Lenny won't be involved in talking to Sheldon or Amy in the premier and that Sheldon will more than likely go to Amy himself if anything, to finish telling her what he started to tell her over Skype before she interrupted him.

I so hope you're right. I'd love him to go round :) let's hope for this......and its goes well !

• Like 1

All this says to me that no, Lenny won't be involved in talking to Sheldon or Amy in the premier and that Sheldon will more than likely go to Amy himself if anything, to finish telling her what he started to tell her over Skype before she interrupted him.

PLEASE CAN THIS HAPPEN

• Like 1

If Sheldon goes to Amy the same day and everything is resolved then what's the point of Amy asking for a break (pause)????

It will be just like the s8 premiere when Sheldon came back and nothing really happened, sure Amy was pissed at him but they carried on as normal in the next episode

• Like 4

If Sheldon goes to Amy the same day and everything is resolved then what's the point of Amy asking for a break (pause)????

It will be just like the s8 premiere when Sheldon came back and nothing really happened, sure Amy was pissed at him but they carried on as normal in the next episode

But it's just a misunderstanding and maybe once she hears what he has to say, she won't want a break.  

• Like 2

Exactly Rachel. That's why I honestly think that Sheldon won't be talking to Amy in the premiere. Amy wants a break and it would be dumb just to have her and Sheldon talk after a few hours.

I don't think (and I hope) that Lenny don't get married in Vegas, meaning that they will be back in Pasadena after a few hours. That's when Sheldon tells Leonard about the ring and how he was going to propose. Sheldon and Amy shouldn't have any scenes in the premiere. It would make the break pointless and Amy needs to reevaluate their relationship. That certainly cannot be done in a few hours.

Also, Sheldon having this heart to heart with Leonard acts as a great starting point for the season. I think it would establish a main storyline for Sheldon, being that he can communicate his feelings and desires about Amy to his close friends, but still can't reveal them to Amy himself. I think that creates a nice arc for the Shamy (at least for half a season). 

For a couple that thrives on communication, they can't seem to talk to each other about how they really feel. They both love each other so damn much (it's so obvious and they even said that they cared so much for each other that they could have a turtle) but it's a lack of communication about this love and desire that's holding them back. IMO this ability to communicate desires and emotions is going to be a main storyline for them because once they connect emotionally, all the physical stuff will come naturally because they feel comfortable with their own desires and they understand the emotions and desires of their significant other.

Edited by What's a hickey?
  • Like 6

I'd say it depends. In my opinion Amy asks for the break because she wants to think about what she wants from the relationship and what compromises she will accept in future. But if Sheldon, caused by the shock, is able to understand her view and realize what she means to him, he might show her the necessary development.

In season 8 he did nothing, no apology, not showing her that he missed her, treating her even as if he was annoyed by her.

However, I'm very curious wether the writers will be able to delight us.

• Like 5

I think the only way he tells her how he feels while still respecting her need for space is that he makes her a video. And her watching that ends the episode. Its one possibility and by doing that its impactful without negating the break or her need for space and time to think. It would be the best of both worlds. Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I think the only way he tells her how he feels while still respecting her need for space is that he makes her a video. And her watching that ends the episode. Its one possibility and by doing that its impactful without negating the break or her need for space and time to think. It would be the best of both worlds. Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk

Oh wow this is genius !! Good thinking :) 

• Like 1

She wanted a break from the relationship, but not a break from ever talking to him again.   I think there is confusion there.   Saying she wants time to re-evaluate things is quite different than saying you don't want to even speak to him again for a while.   She isn't going to ignore him and not talk to him.   Plus her social circle evolves around his apartment and his friendship with others as well.   

I think it is very likely Sheldon will go to see her and right up front apologize for violating her wish for "space" but once he explains himself and why he is there, she will be reasonable and listen.   I think the one thing the writers have always shown with Shamy is that they do talk through their problems and resolve things quickly.

S8 opener was a let down, and it surprised me that the writers didn't address things then and there, but they must have had a high level game plan to lead to this point and again, it seems they have another game plan in mind and we will have to see how that unfolds.

I do think they don't like to keep Shamy apart for too long.   They know they are gold for the show and that them navigating things together is far more interesting than seeing them at odds with each other.   Also, the show is a comedy and not all about angst.  Angst usually doesn't last long with any of the couples when it does show up.  

Some have suggested Leonard and/or Penny will talk to Sheldon when they return, but I think given they are likely not going to marry in Vegas and return a bit "jaded", they may not be insightful because their focus will be on their own relationship.   In all honesty, I think it would be best to see Sheldon wise up on his own on this one.   It would mean far more to Amy to know he came to understand the issue on his own without help than to learn he had to be told by someone else what the issue is.   If he can figure it out on his own, it means she means more to him than she thought.

One other thing we learned not in the list Soopysue included above is that we know that we are going to learn more about Amy's family.   Since they only think things out about 4-5 episodes at most ahead, it seems to me they are planning something in the early episodes which will reveal more about her family.   Her family may be part of the bigger storyline here with Shamy.   Since they don't know Sheldon at all...yes her mother had a bad first impression, but really doesn't know him....I doubt they would be helpful in helping them get back together.  I think they may be more related to a storyline "come and meet Sheldon" kind of thing.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

I M O, season premiere will be mostly about Lenny. Sheldon will consider Amy´s need of space and time, but he will tell Leonard (or all the boys) about the ring (the whole story)

I doubt we´ll have SHAMY interaction in the first episode, but I agree with Caffeine about the video and the last scene.

Please note this season premeire has  ONLY one episode, so is likely the last scene will be a cliffhanger for episode 2 (a SHAMY epoisode)

(And we don´t have to forget the other two couples)

I think Sheldon has been with Amy´s mom during the last five years, (few times, but at least two or three meetings) She lives near!

Edited by Susana Alcira
  • Like 1

I agree, there still needs to be some time before the pause ends for Amy to reevaluate what she truly wants from Sheldon and what she needs from the relationship and learn to stand her ground. Also, Sheldon can take that time to consider Amy's words and figure out for himself how to express his thoughts and feelings to Amy about the relationship and Amy's expectations of him. I don't think this can be resolved in one episode. I hope the "pause" ends by episode 4 or 5, jmho.

• Like 2

As much as I'd love for things to be resolved in the premiere, I don't know if this will be the case. Both Amy and Sheldon need some time to re-evaluate their situation before they can communicate with each other about their true feelings and intentions for the relationship.

While I'm not sure if things will necessarily be resolved in the premiere, I'm not going to rule out the possibility of a Shamy interaction just yet. 

I don't know if you guys remember, but Steve Molaro (I think) said in an interview that they're interested in seeing how the break will affect the dynamics of the group, as they are all close with both Sheldon and Amy. In my opinion, this is not something that can be achieved in the space of one episode.

I agree with loriparis80 in that the break should last around 4 or 5 episodes. As I've said before, I'd like to see everything fixed up by Christmas, so around 9x11. That being said, the writers do have a history of using season premieres to resolve cliffhangers. I remember last year, I thought they'd keep Sheldon on his trip for at least 2 or 3 episodes into Season 8, but instead they had him return in episode 1. We can never be completely sure what the writers are going to do, so I'm going to try and go into this season without speculating too much, and with an open mind. I trust the writers will not let us down :)

Edited by The Mushroom Log
  • Like 8

Anyone wonder if the info about learning about Amy's past/family could tie into Sheldon taking a more active interest in things related to Amy? I mean who wouldn't want to go show off to friends/family if your man just put a ring on it!

(side note: first time back on the forum since season finale. Nice to see all these new members. Only bad part is this new forum layout is so weird to me still). 

• Like 9

I agree, with Lenny in Vegas and, more important, busy with their own problems, I don't think they will at all involved in Shamy's situation. It will be nice if this time Sheldon gets support from his other friends, and it will be even nicer if he decides to do something so bold for his character as to go streight to Amy!!!

• Like 1

So apparently her new family member is some grand, grand uncle? How is it possible we know like every uncle and aunt of hers but not her father or siblings? If she has some. I'm starting to get suspicious and think they have some dark family secret. Maybe they were drug dealers? Murders? Geologists? Oh, the horror. :icon_cheesygrin:

Anyway I'm more than curious what this uncle who didn't always played by rules is. Maybe Sheldon used his time apart Amy to meddle in her history a little. Could be interesting. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

So apparently her new family member is some grand, grand uncle? How is it possible we know like every uncle and aunt of hers but not her father or siblings? If she has some. I'm starting to get suspicious and think they have some dark family secret. Maybe they were drug dealers? Murders? Geologists? Oh, the horror. :icon_cheesygrin:

Anyway I'm more than curious what this uncle who didn't always played by rules is. Maybe Sheldon used his time apart Amy to meddle in her history a little. Could be interesting. :icon_cheesygrin:

Maybe she is Nikola Tesla's grand grand niece...Sheldon would merry her in an heartbeat if such  was the case!!!

Edited by mirs1
typo
  • Like 2

Maybe she is Nikola Tesla grand grand niece...Sheldon would merry her in an heartbeat if such  was the case!!!

And let's not forget all of that wild coitus, right now, right there  :icon_lol:

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic