The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Oh and on a side note Kathy, I read in a past post that your kids were upset with the episode 2 spoilers. Are they doing okay (if you don't mind my asking)? :girlsad:

Yeah, they're okay.  My oldest is a casual viewer and I wish I had made a video of the look on her face when I first told her and then the gut bursting laughter when I told her it was just Leonards nightmare.

My youngest has said several times "I don't want to see you & Uncle John kissing."  But she's okay too.

• Like 1

I could buy the "death by thousand cuts" explanation but I still honestly hope it's something simpler. If really Sheldon's behavior towards Amy was so unbearable for her,  and she was so hurt, she became that camel with broken back it seems very difficult to solve. Five years of bottled anger doesn't just disappear, past we can't change and Sheldon would have no idea how to make it better, and he sure wouldn't change overnight. I'm still hoping for something less serious.  Amy still feels not loved enough, because Sheldon isn't so affectionate? There's communication to solve it. Is she still worried future she planned, kids and all is unreachable for them at this pace and she panicked? Fine. It's more of misunderstanding than deep insuperable problem. I hope is something like that, because words can fix many problems, but broken back hardly. :icon_wink:

Frankly I still have no idea where writers are going with this. I'm more under impression writers don't have this planned very thoughtfully because clues of why this break up even took a place or where this is heading are very modest, I would say. It gives me more impression like yes, writers like to write this because it's exciting and new, but they didn't really thought through point of this all to begin with. But we're heading towards fifth episode of this plot already so I sincerely hope next few eps will put some light at things, I agree other characters needs to have plots, but writers decided to open such a huge plot, I don't really feel like postponing it's evolution would feel natural. At least for me would be  baffling to watch Sheldon going bat bat crazy in two eps and then being miraculously calm and having fun with guys like any other Thursday.  Sure filler ep here and there is good breathing space but just ignoring it for several eps doesn't ring of good continuity of story for me.

Anyway, eager to see what E5 can bring us. Not expecting reconciliation but step forward, hopefully, yes. 

Were actually only going into ep 4 tallin :icon_razz:

Yeah, they're okay.  My oldest is a casual viewer and I wish I had made a video of the look on her face when I first told her and then the gut bursting laughter when I told her it was just Leonards nightmare.

My youngest has said several times "I don't want to see you & Uncle John kissing."  But she's okay too.

Thats good. I'd like to be like your oldest and have a good laugh out of this too :icon_biggrin:

But they must really love Shamy to have felt upset at first.

Oh, right. Wishful thinking, I guess :icon_cheesygrin:  thanks, I'll correct that.

I don't think they are planning to not let them get together for good, or up to the very end of the show, it would be insane, they are business men after all! Putting aside the shippers and the hard-core fans, also many casual viewers turn their tv on to know if they have had sex yet, or are engaged yet, or married yet...there are much more appealing stories to tell with the two of them together than apart, so I guess that as some point this season the reconciliation will happen. 

What I would not like as a fan is to see the story drag out too much, without making a point. At the moment, I feel like some information is missing, I don't understand quite much Amy's point of view, she has said too little even when she asked Sheldon time in 8.24. And both Kathy 2611 and Tallin made good points about her reasons, but up to now we don't have answers about them from Amy herself. I suppose that this uncertainty was created on purpose: if Amy says her reasons to Sheldon out loud and makes him understand the problem, then the game is over, in a way or the other... That's why up to now they haven't had a civil and calm conversation, IMO...I hate this uncertainty!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

Shamy Gal, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad you're not writing this show. Killing off Amy to give Sheldon some man-pain? Man, that's way harsh! lol

On a more serious note, don't let your imagination get the better of you - I don't think the show writers will go even near that route. As you said, it's a comedy after all! No need to torture yourself over things that'll never happen.

If I was writing this show, there would an insight into what Amy was thinking when she asked for a break. Also, by now she would have given Sheldon (and the viewers) a clue. He may not see it straight away, but there be would a clue. Also, there are several ways this could have been not necessary resolved by now, but at least have them talking to each other. As I have said before, there so many much interesting aspects of them, both as a couple and as individuals, that are being overlooked because they are stalling the story with the breakup. And if it was good for story, I would kill off Amy, but I'd also have a way of bringing her back before I did it. Anyway, killing off Sheldon's meemaw would have the same effect. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thats good. I'd like to be like your oldest and have a good laugh out of this too :icon_biggrin:

But they must really love Shamy to have felt upset at first.

My oldest is a Shamy shipper but she doesn't obsess over them or the show like me & the youngest does.  In fact, she thinks all of us on here are nuts and is constantly rolling her eyes when I laugh or get mad at somethig someone says on here.  Lol.  

My oldest is a Shamy shipper but she doesn't obsess over them or the show like me & the youngest does.  In fact, she thinks all of us on here are nuts and is constantly rolling her eyes when I laugh or get mad at somethig someone says on here.  Lol.  

Haha :icon_biggrin: Well at least you've got someone who gets your obsession with this ship and show.

My mum is a casual viewer who is not really invested in any aspect of the show while my little brother used to watch TBBT before going to school everyday but hes not a shipper of anything. 

So I am alone in my obsession amongst my family. :cool:

If it wasn't for the fact it is a comedy, I would actually go further than breaking them up. I would in fact kill Amy off, because than it would open other areas in Sheldon's character to explore. But it is a comedy and that would be too depressing. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

:exclamation: :icon_question: 

• Like 1

Depends on the context. I'm sure she'd like Sheldon to give her 'a little death' ...... ..... I'm such a bad girl. Where's Sheldon when you need to be spanked? ;) Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can't wait until we return to this:

Cuddles.jpg

Sorry I messed up posting the quote

i can't wait until we return to happy Shamy either. I'm just afraid it is going to be a while. I'm trying not to be disappointed  as  each week passes but it's difficult

• Like 2

Shamy or no Shamy, I'm certainly looking forward to next week's episode, with the interesting guest stars and all. I'm genuinely curious to see the Raj/Emily story will go. 

• Like 2

As much as I love the Shamy, the length of the break up isn't bothering me, especially since we haven't yet seen the facial expressions and body language.

And I would rather see it take some time and be properly resolved than to see it glossed over too quickly.  I don't get where all these ideas are coming from with the breakup lasting half or all season.

I think that we haven't seen a "good reason" for the breakup because it was not Amy's original decision to break up with Sheldon.  She just needed some time to think, and then Sheldon pestered her into frustration.  And according to the TR, she even doubts that break up, perhaps because she knows it came about out of that moment of frustration.

I think it's good that they perhaps take a few episodes outside of all the relationship drama and have them focusing on some other issues and maybe having them interact in other ways.

I don't think they wrote the story just for shock value, but it's true that it's the sort of story that could keep viewers hooked until it's resolved.  And I think the writers are experienced enough in general to know how to pace the story.  I also do not think it's just about ratings and money.  Thise are certainly valid considerations, but I don't think it would ever get to the point where WB would  interfere with the storytelling.

• Like 5

Hi guys just saw on instragram a picture of jim and friend of his from college who is this weeks episode  what could this mean luv interest for amy i hope not please i just  want them back togeher its too long 

Bit late but I'm going to give my two cents anyway...

Not gonna lie, I immediately thought he'd be a new love interest for Amy when I saw this picture on Instagram. Whether it's true or whether it's just me being a paranoid Shamy shipper...it's the first thing that popped into my mind.

• Like 1

As much as I love the Shamy, the length of the break up isn't bothering me, especially since we haven't yet seen the facial expressions and body language.

And I would rather see it take some time and be properly resolved than to see it glossed over too quickly.  I don't get where all these ideas are coming from with the breakup lasting half or all season.

I think that we haven't seen a "good reason" for the breakup because it was not Amy's original decision to break up with Sheldon.  She just needed some time to think, and then Sheldon pestered her into frustration.  And according to the TR, she even doubts that break up, perhaps because she knows it came about out of that moment of frustration.

I think it's good that they perhaps take a few episodes outside of all the relationship drama and have them focusing on some other issues and maybe having them interact in other ways.

I don't think they wrote the story just for shock value, but it's true that it's the sort of story that could keep viewers hooked until it's resolved.  And I think the writers are experienced enough in general to know how to pace the story.  I also do not think it's just about ratings and money.  Thise are certainly valid considerations, but I don't think it would ever get to the point where WB would  interfere with the storytelling.

I get that the breakup was out of frustration, but we still don't know why she wanted a break in the first. Is it because he does take her granted? Because of the lack of intimacy? Because she's wondering if they do have a future at all? Because he's selfish? Because she suddenly doesn't understand him anymore? Is she fed up of guiding him through these things and not getting any help from him in return? Is she being pressurised by her family to settle down? What is it? Give us a bone already. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, I immediately thought he'd be a new love interest for Amy when I saw this picture on Instagram. Whether it's true or whether it's just me being a paranoid Shamy shipper...it's the first thing that popped into my mind.

If he really was a new love interest for Amy, don't you think they would have made an announcement similar to the one they made about the casting of Mandy? Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I thought that too at first, but now it is suspected this will be a throw back style episode, I'm wondering if they chose someone who could be Sheldon's brother - as if he's Jim's friend and from Texas , he's gave the right accent ??. 

I don't know, I just want hints of a reconciliation - followed by the real thing ASAP - I really am starting to get impatient and frustrated !!!!! 

• Like 1

First thought for me too, that or him being a possible candidate roommate for Sheldon, if in the next episode Leonard moves (of course I would prefer this last...). Other possibility comes to mind...since in the title there's a number which seems to be a year (200something),  there could be a flashback  involving  some characters (Raj/Emily plot I guess is set in the present), so the guy could be related to the flashback. How many possibilities...it is Wednesday (Thursday for me) yet?

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

I still stand by my opinion that for all we know at the moment, his character could be gay :icon_razz:

Edited by Luna18
  • Like 2

My new guess for the title is The 2002 Regression, where Sheldon regresses back to how he was before he got Leonard as a roommate. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1