[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

thanks dude!  What pre-taped episode did you guys see?

Did her convo with Bernadette and Amy defending Sheldon come before or after he asked her to move in?

And can you explain a bit more the convo where everybody is turning on Amy for not giving and talking to Sheldon?

Thanks so much!!

There's a scene where everyone turns on Amy for talking to Sheldon? Haha, sorry if I misunderstood you. I didn't see this part.

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

perfect!  What I expected.  VERY happy to confirm the defending of Sheldon came AFTER he asked her to move in....

Yea #3 sounds hysterical!

So happy you had fun, you deserved it!!  Thank you so much dude and maybe we'll catch up in Jan!!

you know I would love that

• Like 1

The more they show Sheldon broken-hearted, the hardest the make up will be. I feel like Sheldon is burnt so badly right now, he's going to take such a long time to trust her again. It's gonna be months of him saying yes to everything because he's scared that if he doesn't, she's going to leave him again. How this can be seen as "growth" is beyond me. It's the literal opposite of growth. Even what's happening now isn't growth: Sheldon wishing he was back to being a robot isn't growth, it's literal regression.

Four episodes in, I still fail to understand what the hell is the point of that break up.

Agree!

The more they show Sheldon broken-hearted, the hardest the make up will be. I feel like Sheldon is burnt so badly right now, he's going to take such a long time to trust her again. It's gonna be months of him saying yes to everything because he's scared that if he doesn't, she's going to leave him again. How this can be seen as "growth" is beyond me. It's the literal opposite of growth. Even what's happening now isn't growth: Sheldon wishing he was back to being a robot isn't growth, it's literal regression.

Four episodes in, I still fail to understand what the hell is the point of that break up.

My thoughts exactly. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I am not a shamy, but Sheldon look lost. he wants to be by him self.

looks like he will looks at p/l for support.

this could go longer then every one thinks. (hope not)

• Like 2

agree with this 100%!

Sheldon's relationship with Amy has allowed him to let his emotional guard down around her (and even his friends). Now that Amy has crushed and stomped on his heart, those emotional shields are back in full force and he's not going to let ANYONE in for a long long time so yay back to square one. Again. And he's going to turn into such a Yes Man which is everything that their relationship is not. The relationship won't be balanced and Sheldon will be so scared of Amy. 

Total growth. Yeah

Edited by What's a hickey?
  • Like 8

agree with this 100%!

Sheldon's relationship with Amy has allowed him to let his emotional guard down around her (and even his friends). Now that Amy has crushed and stomped on his heart, those emotional shields are back in full force and he's not going to let ANYONE in for a long long time so yay back to square one. Again. And he's going to turn into such a Yes Man which is everything that their relationship is not. The relationship won't be balanced and Sheldon will be so scared of Amy. 

Total growth. Yeah

Do you really think that's what Amy did to Sheldon?

• Like 4

I know im in the minority, but i will still say my opinion :hide :p

I think we dont have to worry... I think writers are only doing all cause they love Shamy, and like they said on some panel regarding the question about whether Shamy are ever gonna consummate their relationship, "we are fascinated with their relationship, and we want to see it grow"

Sheldon is in a situation now where he has to mature in a way that wasn't possible for him before (even in happy love-filled season 8). And i think the fact that he WANTS to (half-heartedly) go back to his emotionless life, but can't, just proves that the change in him is solid...

He is still child at heart in many ways though, i think, and very vulnerable, that's why he's asking for Lenny's support, he's not ready yet AT ALL to 'man up' and be completely alone & process it... I don't think he's using Lenny as babysitters/parents, more like a support system to help him deal with this overwhelming situation (there's much more change than in the end of season 7, and he's not running away, he's processing it staying there, what more do you want from him guys?? he needs to have some support system! give him a break :) )

And i don't think it's unclear what Amy wants from him... She's stated it many, many times. She wants a normal physical relationship, she wants him to make her his priority. Just because she's hesitating he could ever give her these things, doesn't mean she doesn't think he's brilliant or amazing or respect him or admire him.

100% agree!!  And my feelings haven't changed from the finale to present day with these 4 episodes.  I am still hopeful and trust the writers.  In any way this episode isn't a shock to me at all, almost expected.  The only thing I hate (and I'm chalking it up to comedy and the writers love of baby Sheldon) is the big 3 living together garbage at the end.  Reminds me of last year when Amy kicks him out, and Lenny puts him to bed.  But nothing came of that and I expect nothing to come of this.

I am very pleased with all front of Shamy tonight. Its all steps needed to move to the goal.  And they handle Shamy with so much care and tonight's taping is kinda clear to me of that.  

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 8

I know im in the minority, but i will still say my opinion :hide :p

I think we dont have to worry... I think writers are only doing all cause they love Shamy, and like they said on some panel regarding the question about whether Shamy are ever gonna consummate their relationship, "we are fascinated with their relationship, and we want to see it grow"

Sheldon is in a situation now where he has to mature in a way that wasn't possible for him before (even in happy love-filled season 8). And i think the fact that he WANTS to (half-heartedly) go back to his emotionless life, but can't, just proves that the change in him is solid...

He is still child at heart in many ways though, i think, and very vulnerable, that's why he's asking for Lenny's support, he's not ready yet AT ALL to 'man up' and be completely alone & process it... I don't think he's using Lenny as babysitters/parents, more like a support system to help him deal with this overwhelming situation (there's much more change than in the end of season 7, and he's not running away, he's processing it staying there, what more do you want from him guys?? he needs to have some support system! give him a break :) )

And i don't think it's unclear what Amy wants from him... She's stated it many, many times. She wants a normal physical relationship, she wants him to make her his priority. Just because she's hesitating he could ever give her these things, doesn't mean she doesn't think he's brilliant or amazing or respect him or admire him.

For me it is unclear what she wants from him.  She made it quite clear that there was no pressure on him regarding a physical relationship, so I don't buy that she's having second thoughts on that score.  Besides which, they were clearly doing more physically in season 8 than they had before. 

• Like 5

Do you really think that's what Amy did to Sheldon?

In the metaphorical sense, yes I do. He feels as though she ripped his heart out because he was all ready to propose and BOOM she breaks up with him. 

He trusted her with his emotions (hence the reason why he was open about them and embraced them this year) and she crushed all of them and now he doesn't trust her anymore. 

Sounds like a jolly old time :)))))))

• Like 1

I originally thought they might be back together by episode 7, now I'm thinking it will take longer as tptb are dragging out the break up 

Fair enough Amy is defending sheldon to the meany Bernadette but I don't want them to be making Sheldon sad for the whole season and angst all the way through, that is a way to turn people off a COMEDY

• Like 5

100% agree!!  And my feelings haven't changed from the finale to present day with these 4 episodes.  I am still hopeful and trust the writers.  In any way this episode isn't a shock to me at all, almost expected.  The only the I hate (and I'm chalking it up to comedy and the writers love of baby Sheldon) is the big 3 living together garbage at the end.  Reminds me of last year when Amy kicks him out, and Lenny puts him to bed.  But nothing came of that and I expect nothing to come of this.

I am very pleased with all front of Shamy tonight. Its all steps needed to move to the goal.  And they handle Shamy with so much care and tonight's taping is kinda clear to me of that.  

I got upset for a minute when i heard it, but then i realized, it's most likely never gonna be mentioned again, like so many things ! so i dont think we have to worry

yeah exactly! I am also happy, i hate angst, but in this ship i believe it's the only/best way to make it go further fast, keeping it in character...

but i know we're really the minority on this board right now xD

• Like 4

100% agree!!  And my feelings haven't changed from the finale to present day with these 4 episodes.  I am still hopeful and trust the writers.  In any way this episode isn't a shock to me at all, almost expected.  The only thing I hate (and I'm chalking it up to comedy and the writers love of baby Sheldon) is the big 3 living together garbage at the end.  Reminds me of last year when Amy kicks him out, and Lenny puts him to bed.  But nothing came of that and I expect nothing to come of this.

Wish I could agree, but I can't. I see childish Sheldon deciding to shut down and needing his virtual parents.  Leonard and Penny have no issue at all with playing the role of his parents and don't have a problem with treating him like a child.  They don't help him grow, but instead keep him as a child.  If he truly were going to grow, they would be living across the hall and he would have to learn to deal with the change in his life.   As part of that he would have plenty of time to reflect on where he seemed to have lost Amy and that would be growth.  But they are not going there.  Molaro said they liken Sheldon to being their little brother and child and it's tough to ignore that for them."

This says to me that they like to play that parent-child relationship with the trio.   If that is the case, they will likely milk it which means it is no easy road for Shamy.   Sheldon will regress and stay a child and Amy will realize he isn't fighting for them...it could lead to further distance between them instead of helping bring them together.   

I also agree with A Shamy gal in that it is unclear what Amy wants from Sheldon. I don't even know if Amy knows what she wants.  We are not getting any insight into where her mind is at at all.   It is hard to tell if she even views there is any hope for them at this point.   We have no clue what she is thinking because they have not revealed anything about her thoughts.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

I just don't get why we have not had anything from Amy's point of view.  It's all been Sheldon's side and we need to see something from her.  It takes two to make a relationship, but this is all about Sheldon, nothing about Amy.  And the longer it goes on, the more I'm thinking he's better off without her.

• Like 4

I maybe alone, but I don't mind this Shamy angst, at all. I don't consider this as a steering wheel to veer Shamy towards being a drama couple. My thought is if I consider this drama, then I'm outta here, but I don't. I see this is a plot stirrer,geared towards a bigger Shamy news.

After all, there are still strong hints that Sheldon and Amy still long for each other. Very strong hints at that.

• Like 8

I maybe alone, but I don't mind this Shamy angst, at all. I don't consider this as a steering wheel to veer Shamy towards being a drama couple. My thought is if I consider this drama, then I'm outta here, but I don't. I see this is a plot stirrer,geared towards a bigger Shamy news.

After all, there are still strong hints that Sheldon and Amy still long for each other. Very strong hints at that.

you're not alone !

• Like 2

I see hints that Sheldon loves Amy, but not getting very many vibes from Amy about her love for him.  She seems resolved to remain split...and while she cares for him and appreciates and respects him, I don't get any feel at all about her love from him.  I still don't even have a clue where her mind is at and why she split from him.   We can make assumptions all day long, but until she clues us in...they are nothing more than assumptions.

The story the writers are telling could backfire in a big way.  They are taking a risk with it and so far the reviews are mixed.   It seems there are some like Chelle who love angst, but there are some like me that do not appreciate the angst and feel that the couple was doing so well in Season 8 until the finale episode that none of this makes any sense.  We don't understand the need for this.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

agreed.  I too don't see any long term negatives from this.  And not too much angst at all.  I mean again, its only E4....I always expected something later like E7 (maybe even E8)..  

VERY VERY STRONG HINTS!!  More moving words of their feelings then even during blissful moments of season 8.  We learn she still loves him and defends him.  He is scared she will find better (and knows she can do better).  Holy hell thats major.  

adding we started out 8 with Sheldon's fear was failing for Amy..and based off this latest admission he feels he has.  So Sheldon's broken and I don't think he'll regress at all, I think in 2-3 episodes he'll do something big for her, just for her, completely selfless!

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 7

you're not alone !

Yay I'm in good company.

agreed.  I too don't see any long term negatives from this.  And not too much angst at all.  I mean again, its only E4....I always expected something later like E7 (maybe even E8)..  

VERY VERY STRONG HINTS!!  More moving words of their feelings then even during blissful moments of season 8.  We learn she still loves him and defends him.  He is scared she will find better (and knows she can do better).  Holy hell thats major.  

This is me, but if Shamy stayed the way they are in season 8, they will not progress as individuals and as a couple. Growing is different from maturing, and before Shamy tackles the idea of marriage (which was seriously hinted at 8.24), they both have to mature emotionally. 

I love my ship and I adore their sweet moments, but in terms of relationship growth, Lenny has tackled more serious, relationship gripping problems (insecurity, inadequacy as partner, career changes,money,etc) and I was actually waiting for Shamy to go under those gripes themselves.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 5

For me it is unclear what she wants from him.  She made it quite clear that there was no pressure on him regarding a physical relationship, so I don't buy that she's having second thoughts on that score.  Besides which, they were clearly doing more physically in season 8 than they had before. 

I think she doesn't want to put pressure on him, but she still kinda does (and i dont blame her)... or idk, i can see both sides, i think she SHOULDN'T be pressuring him, cause i'm feeling for him too, but i also understand why she's frustrated.
I mean i just can't help it, i imagine myself being ~ 30+ virgin who's NOT asexual, who wants to have sex, and who has a man that she LOVES and wants to do it with him, and she has no idea if he's EVER gonna be ready... I think it's kinda hard. Cause you love him and you dont wanna let go of him... Yet i imagine it's frustrating living like that. I actually believe Amy's been incredibly patient...

And i don't think it's the ONLY thing she cares about, but it's clearly a big part, and to me her words to him in the final "do you understand the irony of your fixation on a man with super speed, when all i can get from you after 5 years is a distraught make up session on the couch??" is proof enough of that.

Edited by shamyyyy
  • Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic