[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

agreed.  I too don't see any long term negatives from this.  And not too much angst at all.  I mean again, its only E4....I always expected something later like E7 (maybe even E8)..  

VERY VERY STRONG HINTS!!  More moving words of their feelings then even during blissful moments of season 8.  We learn she still loves him and defends him.  He is scared she will find better (and knows she can do better).  Holy hell thats major.  

adding we started out 8 with Sheldon's fear was failing for Amy..and based off this latest admission he feels he has.  So Sheldon's broken and I don't think he'll regress at all, I think in 2-3 episodes he'll do something big for her, just for her, completely selfless!

Well now that Lenny will be staying over some nights, he'll get some tips from Penny.... instead of working it out for himself.   And the other thing is, even if he does suddenly do something big for Amy, she's going to wonder what he's up to instead of accepting it for it is. 

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

Yay I'm in good company.

This is me, but if Shamy stayed the way they are in season 8, they will not progress as individuals and as a couple. Growing is different from maturing, and before Shamy tackles the idea of marriage (which was seriously hinted at 8.24). 

I love my ship and I adore their sweet moments, but in terms of relationship growth, Lenny has tackled more serious, relationship gripping problems and I was actually waiting for Shamy to go under those gripes themselves.

I feel this angst was expected.  Break-up no BUT something to almost breakdown the sunshine & rainbows of season 8.  Every taping report I nervously waited for the other shoe to drop so no, I have never felt it was out of left field.  I read the finale and still remember saying to others "this is all good".  And I still believe that

And every single interview the writers almost always mention their concerns for the Shamy relationship so I don't think they are "playing with fire" here.  The payoff will be epic as it should be.  And I agree, marriage is wonderful but even though they "communicated" they kinda didn't.  We had 2 talks of intimacy and like 1 direct a few indirect convos of a future together....Hardly justifies them being both totally open & honest.  They arent.  Amy doesn't know he is ready for the next steps.  And he doesn't know she feels so not top dog in his eyes.  

They needed work...and the payoff will be amazing and we will all be cheering each other.

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 9

I feel this angst was expected.  Break-up no BUT something to almost breakdown the sunshine & rainbows of season 8.  Every taping report I nervously waited for the other shoe to drop so no, I have never felt it was out of left field.  I read the finale and still remember saying to others "this is all good".  And I still believe that

And every single interview the writers almost always mention their concerns for the Shamy relationship so I don't think they are "playing with fire" here.  The payoff will be epic as it should be.  And I agree, marriage is wonderful but even though they "communicated" they kinda didn't.  We had 2 talks of intimacy and like 1 direct a few indirect convos of a future together....Hardly justifies them being both totally open & honest.  They arent.  Amy doesn't know he is ready for the next steps.  And he doesn't know she feels so not top dog in his eyes.  

They needed work...and the payoff will be amazing and we will all be cheering each other.

If and when they get to this pay-off, I don't think I will care much.  I also don't think it will be epic, more like an anti-climax and everyone going 'oh that's what it was about' and 'what a waste of time'.

• Like 3

How can it be determined that Amy doesn't love Sheldon as much as he loves her or she misses him less than he misses her. Did I miss something? It's only episode 4, so there's still plenty of story to write. They can still have this resolved by episode 7. Heck, if tptb wanted to they could have it resolved by the next episode. I know things will work out for Shamy. A quick fix would be great, but not if the real issues between them both are not handled properly. They both have a ways to go in the relationship department. I can be impatient, but I have a feeling everything will come together in due time. I want the reconciliation to be right, not rushed.

Yea, I don't see how it shows that either of them don't love each other.  And its not one against the other here.  As Molaro said they both have a leg to stand on with this.  

• Like 3

Yay I'm in good company.

This is me, but if Shamy stayed the way they are in season 8, they will not progress as individuals and as a couple. Growing is different from maturing, and before Shamy tackles the idea of marriage (which was seriously hinted at 8.24), they both have to mature emotionally. 

I love my ship and I adore their sweet moments, but in terms of relationship growth, Lenny has tackled more serious, relationship gripping problems and I was actually waiting for Shamy to go under those gripes themselves.

I disagree here.  What gripping relationship problems have they tackled really?  Last season was spent with them basically sweeping everything with Lenny under the rug.  Hell, I don't even think they dealt with the Leonard cheating thing well.  I'm sorry, I don't think that Lenny is this pinnacle of relationships, mostly because I haven't been a fan of the way tptb don't really give them anything meaty to deal with besides this lame, drummed up cheating thing at the last minute.  And you can have relationship growth and dealing with issues without breaking up.  Step one to doing that would be the person who is upset CLEARLY states to the other person their concerns and what they are feeling instead of leaving them in the dark, which is what I feel Amy is doing right now.  It does kinda feel like Amy is actually done and thrown up her hands and sees no point in really addressing what went wrong because she is just ready to move on.   I just wanna hear from Amy where her head is at, because right now I can only go on her silence and her silence is deafening to me.  

• Like 9

I like to call it "trial by fire", like how Wolowitz and Bernadette were plagued with issues before they got married, and of course, the recently married Leonard and Penny.  I didn't expect the Sheldon and Amy "trial by fire" to be something as big like this though, but yeah I'm still fine with it.

• Like 3

How can it be determined that Amy doesn't love Sheldon as much as he loves her or she misses him less than he misses her. Did I miss something? It's only episode 4, so there's still plenty of story to write. They can still have this resolved by episode 7. Heck, if tptb wanted to they could have it resolved by the next episode. I know things will work out for Shamy. A quick fix would be great, but not if the real issues between them both are not handled properly. They both have a ways to go in the relationship department. I can be impatient, but I have a feeling everything will come together in due time. I want the reconciliation to be right, not rushed.

It could have been easily fixed in the first episode but when it wasn't it was clear there was a lot more going on and they needed to talk.  Their issues, whatever they are on Amy's part, are not going to be resolved in one talk.  It's going to take several long and serious conversations, but there is no indication that they are even heading towards having any proper conversation.

• Like 2

Yes. 100% yes.

And on purpose too.

I respect how you feel about the situation, I just don't see it that way. Why do you think it's being done purposely? I really feel like Amy needed a break, but broke up with him because she felt cornered at the time. I feel we must wait to hear her side of the story.

• Like 4

I don't know...all I can think of is how much they said they love Lenny as well and Molaro thought he did them right with the kind of "wedding" they got.   Honestly, as a person that I won't say is a Lenny shipper, but do like them as a couple...I think it stinks how they handled their wedding.   Just like I hated how they got engaged...it was cheesy and they deserved better.   

So I am glad you all have such faith in Shamy, but I have watched them ruin Lenny and I see the same pattern happening with Shamy right now.  I am going to need to see a really huge payoff and I mean done right and not cheesy before I will feel this was "worth it".    Because I think many of us are over analyzing it and thinking this is going to grow Sheldon and they will be a great couple and back on the same page.   Honestly...that will never happen because they won't have a show if that was the case.   So I am still not as convinced the payoff will be worth all of this.

Bottom line is they have to keep Sheldon somewhat selfish and who he is...or they don't have a show.  So all this assumption that this is going to fix things between them (that really were not broken near as much as Lenny are if you ask me), is a big assumption.   I have watched Leonard and Penny make the same mistakes over and over and they still are...they swept that "kiss" as if it was really "nothing" even though it was clearly still bothering Penny enough she was having trouble getting intimate with Leonard.   So yeah...I think that was sort of "swept" under the carpet and an easy fix with the Shenny kiss nightmare Leonard had.   

So no, I have to still question whether the writers are going to handle this well.   They have shown for eight years they have not handled Lenny well...and now I see them following the Lenny path with Shamy.   Not seeing it as a positive thing yet, especially because I don't think it was necessary.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

How can it be determined that Amy doesn't love Sheldon as much as he loves her or she misses him less than he misses her. Did I miss something? It's only episode 4, so there's still plenty of story to write.

It can't be determined that she doesn't love him like he does her, but it also can't be determined that she does, because four episodes in, all we know on Amy's side of the story is that she doesn't want to tell people they broke up. Which, sure, could be interpreted as her being in her own brand of denial about it, but could also be her not wanting to go back to "Sad Amy who will die alone" in the eye of her facebook friends and family members. At this point, both these theories are valid because the writers won't tell us what the hell is going on in her mind. And sure, they could do that next week, but if history is any indication, they won't. Amy's there to prop Sheldon up. That's all she's worth in the writers' minds. Betting that when Sheldon and Amy get back together, we still won't know what the hell is going on in her mind.

• Like 8

It can't be determined that she doesn't love him like he does her, but it also can't be determined that she does, because four episodes in, all we know on Amy's side of the story is that she doesn't want to tell people they broke up. Which, sure, could be interpreted as her being in her own brand of denial about it, but could also be her not wanting to go back to "Sad Amy who will die alone" in the eye of her facebook friends and family members. At this point, both these theories are valid because the writers won't tell us what the hell is going on in her mind. And sure, they could do that next week, but if history is any indication, they won't. Amy's there to prop Sheldon up. That's all she's worth in the writers' minds. Betting that when Sheldon and Amy get back together, we still won't know what the hell is going on in her mind.

I'm betting we'll never know what Amy is thinking as well.  So far the sole purpose of the breakup is for Sheldon to grow and mature - well with a bit more thought, they could have done that without breaking them up.

• Like 2

I disagree here.  What gripping relationship problems have they tackled really?  Last season was spent with them basically sweeping everything with Lenny under the rug.  Hell, I don't even think they dealt with the Leonard cheating thing well.  I'm sorry, I don't think that Lenny is this pinnacle of relationships, mostly because I haven't been a fan of the way tptb don't really give them anything meaty to deal with besides this lame, drummed up cheating thing at the last minute.  And you can have relationship growth and dealing with issues without breaking up.  Step one to doing that would be the person who is upset CLEARLY states to the other person their concerns and what they are feeling instead of leaving them in the dark, which is what I feel Amy is doing right now.  It does kinda feel like Amy is actually done and thrown up her hands and sees no point in really addressing what went wrong because she is just ready to move on.   I just wanna hear from Amy where her head is at, because right now I can only go on her silence and her silence is deafening to me.  

I didn't say that Lenny is the holy grail of TBBT relationships, but Lenny had undergone a lot of issues as a couple ever since before they got engaged - insecurity, inadequacy as partner, career changes,money.. I don't have to enumerate this per episode. Wolowitz and Bernadette had undergone relationship gripes as well. The thing is, both couples relationship gripes came by chunks, not one big bomb drop with serious after effects.

Sheldon and Amy's "trial by fire" aka breakup, is the biggest and most ambitious relationship gripe the writers came up for this whole series, so it's interesting how this will play out.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 1

I didn't say that Lenny is the holy grail of TBBT relationships, but Lenny had undergone a lot of issues as a couple ever since before they got engaged - insecurity, inadequacy as partner, career changes,money.. I don't have to enumerate this per episode. Wolowitz and Bernadette had undergone relationship gripes as well.

Sheldon and Amy's "trial by fire" aka breakup, is the biggest and most ambitious relationship gripe the writers came up for this whole series, so it's interesting how this will play out.

Just gonna agree to disagree here as I actually thought the biggest issue with Lenny last season is that they really didn't deal with this stuff more than just a mention here or there.

• Like 1

I love my ship and I adore their sweet moments, but in terms of relationship growth, Lenny has tackled more serious, relationship gripping problems (insecurity, inadequacy as partner, career changes,money,etc) and I was actually waiting for Shamy to go under those gripes themselves.

Yeah... no. The writers have clearly laid out that these were the problems in the Lenny relationship, but they were never resolved properly. Ever. Having sex on a pile of money isn't resolving the issue. Their sex organs didn't magically make the money disappear. Leonard being manipulated into agreeing Penny should audition for a movie isn't healthy. Leonard's cheating came out of nowhere and the way it was resolved put half the blame on Penny which is just literally mind-numbingly dumb.

The idea that Lenny are the kind of relationship Shamy should aspire to be is ridiculous. If you want to see couple problems that were resolved properly, I can direct you to the whole of Season 5 where Howardette tackled every single one of their problems one by one... or Season 8 where Shamy did the exact same thing.

• Like 4

THIS ! People always say how communication is their strong suit, but has it been so much lately? There are some things you just don't feel too comfortable to talk about... Because you may feel embarrassed, shy, hurt, wounded, whatever... Even Sheldon admits it's so hard for him to talk about intimacy, while he's like ALWAYS blunt and clear about everything.. I think same goes for Amy... I think in season 8 (and maybe earlier) she wasn't that clear anymore, simply because when love's involved it is harder to be open and 'communicate'...! She may not mention many of her feelings because she feels self-conscious, or she may not mention her fears to him cause she's scared they are true. He may not be mentioning he's ready for the big steps, because he's still in shock that he is, and he's processing that, and trying to come to terms with that and with the way how this relationship has changed him.

I don't think at this point, when  they've both admitted their love to each other, it's as easy for them to communicate and discuss everything like it was before, everything's drawn in the RA & all that. I think now it's more complex than that for both of them.

• Like 5

Just gonna agree to disagree here as I actually thought the biggest issue with Lenny last season is that they really didn't deal with this stuff more than just a mention here or there.

Agreed, because I'd rather my ship undergo a trial than stay complacent at all.

Yeah... no. The writers have clearly laid out that these were the problems in the Lenny relationship, but they were never resolved properly. Ever. Having sex on a pile of money isn't resolving the issue. Their sex organs didn't magically make the money disappear. Leonard being manipulated into agreeing Penny should audition for a movie isn't healthy. Leonard's cheating came out of nowhere and the way it was resolved put half the blame on Penny which is just literally mind-numbingly dumb.

The idea that Lenny are the kind of relationship Shamy should aspire to be is ridiculous. If you want to see couple problems that were resolved properly, I can direct you to the whole of Season 5 where Howardette tackled every single one of their problems one by one... or Season 8 where Shamy did the exact same thing.

Heh, I didn't even mentioned the resolution of their money issues was having sex on a pile of money. EVER. And if someone watched the episode with a broader mind, it was clearly as daylight that it wasn't their solution to their money gripe.I didn't even mention that Lenny is the holy grail of TBBT relationship. EVER. I'm purely saying that they have undergone relationship problems as well, probably more so than any TBBT couple, but didn't come off as something grandiose (with the exception of the "kissing Mandy Cho" thing) because it was tackled in chunks, not one big bomb.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 2

I believe that Amy and Sheldon will be okay and that Shamy will work everything out. When that will happen, I don't know. All I do know is that I adore this couple, I'm rooting for them and I want them to be happy together. If I focused solely on negative aspects of their relationship or made negative assumptions about what could happen or even blamed one of them for their current status, I couldn't be apart of this ship. Yes, I am sad they are broken up, but it happened so I deal with it. I'm not going anywhere until I can feel that there's no love between them and I can still feel it.

We all want Shamy back together and happy, but just promising me that will be the case in the end, whenever that may be, doesn't exactly make everything okay.  To me, the journey is just as important, or else there would be no reason to watch a show for 10 or maybe more years.  If all that mattered was the ending, tell in the beginning what the end game is and let me be on my way.  If I don't enjoy what is happening in the interim, I am less likely to care in the end.

• Like 9

THIS ! People always say how communication is their strong suit, but has it been so much lately? There are some things you just don't feel too comfortable to talk about... Because you may feel embarrassed, shy, hurt, wounded, whatever... Even Sheldon admits it's so hard for him to talk about intimacy, while he's like ALWAYS blunt and clear about everything.. I think same goes for Amy... I think in season 8 (and maybe earlier) she wasn't that clear anymore, simply because when love's involved it is harder to be open and 'communicate'...! She may not mention many of her feelings because she feels self-conscious, or she may not mention her fears to him cause she's scared they are true. He may not be mentioning he's ready for the big steps, because he's still in shock that he is, and he's processing that, and trying to come to terms with that and with the way how this relationship has changed him.
I don't think at this point, when  they've both admitted their love to each other, it's as easy for them to communicate and discuss everything like it was before, everything's drawn in the RA & all that. I think now it's more complex than that for both of them.

The only thing Shamy never communicate about is physical intimacy, I agree. Which is why when people say this break up isn't about sex, I just don't understand. Because Shamy talks about everything else. They even sat down and debated what kind of pet they should adopt. They agreed to try to move to Mars together. Their first ILYs came from a mature, adult conversation. 

But Amy won't flat out ask Sheldon if he desires her. She just implies things. And Sheldon won't tell her if he's not asked, that's just not how Sheldon works. Which brings us back to the fact that as long as we won't know what Amy is expecting out of this break up, it won't be resolved neatly. Amy needs to spell it out, and Sheldon needs to be here to hear it. Otherwise, we're back at square one of Amy implying things and things flying well over Sheldon's head. Poor guy doesn't understand sarcasm - do you really think he can understand thinly veiled come hither looks?

• Like 8

We all want Shamy back together and happy, but just promising me that will be the case in the end, whenever that may be, doesn't exactly make everything okay.  To me, the journey is just as important, or else there would be no reason to watch a show for 10 or maybe more years.  If all that mattered was the ending, tell in the beginning what the end game is and let me be on my way.  If I don't enjoy what is happening in the interim, I am less likely to care in the end.

I can respect that is the way you feel. We don't always get what we want with sitcoms, you may want Shamy's story to go one way and I may want it to go another way. At the end of the day it's all up to tptb. If I was truly unhappy with the story the writer's are telling I would stop watching. This isn't the first ship I've had to endure angst for and I'm sure it won't be the last.

• Like 1

The only thing Shamy never communicate about is physical intimacy, I agree. Which is why when people say this break up isn't about sex, I just don't understand. Because Shamy talks about everything else. They even sat down and debated what kind of pet they should adopt. They agreed to try to move to Mars together. Their first ILYs came from a mature, adult conversation. 

But Amy won't flat out ask Sheldon if he desires her. She just implies things. And Sheldon won't tell her if he's not asked, that's just not how Sheldon works. Which brings us back to the fact that as long as we won't know what Amy is expecting out of this break up, it won't be resolved neatly. Amy needs to spell it out, and Sheldon needs to be here to hear it. Otherwise, we're back at square one of Amy implying things and things flying well over Sheldon's head. Poor guy doesn't understand sarcasm - do you really think he can understand thinly veiled come hither looks?

Thank you!!! Finally someone agrees with me yay =) 

You know what come to think of it you're probably right... I mean i still think it's very scary for Amy to talk about it cause she's never felt too attractive, and she's been rejected by him before, and i think even all this physical semi-progress that happened in season 8 is only so much reassuring to her.. I think she needs some reassuranse from the side first, and then maybe she can find courage to talk to him and be honest about it. Like, i don't know , maybe Penny tells her (after talking with Sheldon/getting some hints and UNDERSTANDING them, cause at least Penny is socially smart there thank god ) that Amy's wrong , and she's 100% sure he is ready to move forward with intimacy, and she just needs to confront him about it, and maybe Amy will listen to Penny and talk to him.. Or somethng like that. But you're right, she needs to tell him what it is that she wants.. But i do believe she needs some reassuranse from the side first, I don't blame her for being so insecure.

Edited by shamyyyy
  • Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic