The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

A thought has just occurred to me with Lenny occasionally spending the night at 4A, won't Amy see that as Penny taking sides with Sheldon? 

A thought has just occurred to me with Lenny occasionally spending the night at 4A, won't Amy see that as Penny taking sides with Sheldon? 

I don't think so.  Leonard and Penny are a package deal now, where he goes, she goes.  I also don't think Amy is that shallow.  

Penny feels sad for Sheldon, but she blames him for their break up.   So she has already picked a side.

If anything, Amy is probably grateful they are there looking after him.   She still loves him. 

• Like 4

My biggest beef in all of this:  What is Amy thinking?

Got a lot on Sheldon's side.

What is Amy thinking?  What does she want?  What is it she hopes to accomplish?  Does she EVEN know?

I also hope this isn't some attempt to change or manipulate Sheldon into what she thinks she wants or is ideal? 

I still maintain as far as I could see on screen that Amy is still somewhat uncomfortable herself in her physical contact with Sheldon and/or not accurately reading his signs/nonverbals.  He went in for a kiss after he made THE comment.  His actions here spoke louder than his words.  Amy's reaction tells me she completely missed that point.  I am not saying she didn't have a right to be upset.  But here these two are trying to negotiate, figure out, come to agreement on the relationship that is right for them and are treading waters never ventured before. Instead of alight bulb going on in Amy's min: wait, he just brought up the Flash but was anxious to get back to kissing maybe I should ask about that?  A simple..."Wait, Sheldon, I'm confused.   You just brought up this show but now you want to kiss more?  Help me understand."  Instead it ends up leading to a break that is now a break up.   

I am open to the story but then at least throw me a crumb about what Amy's thinking.

And no still not upset her friends may seem anything but supportive.  Until Amy can vocalize where her mind is at on all of this, I give them props for supporting Amy in the break up.  Coming to Sheldon's defense means she cares, that she is not ashamed of her time with him but is she falling out of love, is she thinking of moving on, is thinking about how to make it work with Sheldon as he is, etc?    

I say all of that to say, I don't doubt for a second that Shamy will eventually find their way back to each other.  It just would be really nice for the Shamy shipper in me to know what is she THINKING?  These times with Penny, Bernie would be good time for her to maybe provide a slight clue.  But so far, that has not been shown. 

Finally, yes I would be very disappointed if the whole point of this story would be to get to get to coitus.  IMO, that would be stall tactic and yes very lazy writing. 

Edited by Denise07
  • Like 8

I just posted this on Mayim's thread but I'm thinking we could all do with a it of a chill time. We aren't the only ones missing the Shamy. Even Mayim is

image.thumb.jpg.8238592f8dcf3d0e57bb2e3c

• Like 8

I just posted this on Mayim's thread but I'm thinking we could all do with a it of a chill time. We aren't the only ones missing the Shamy. Even Mayim is

image.thumb.jpg.8238592f8dcf3d0e57bb2e3c

I couldn't help notice he is wearing a Red T-Shirt with black sleeves.   Sheldon is pissed!

• Like 2

Haven't they both said in the past how much they enjoy their scenes together.  I remember Jim said his personal preference was that she only got to do work with him.  Having few or no scenes with each other, must be a bit of a downer every week.

• Like 6

I remember Jims chat on The View when he said he'd hate going to work and not being paired with Mayim. And I remember an interview where Mayim had spoken bout when they have scenes together and how there's an underlining realness to them cause of all the background work they've done before they rehearse/shoot. This must be torture for them both...

• Like 4

Oh totally I was just joking :laugh:. She did make the right choice, however hard that might have been for her.

My apologies. :D

As you mention it, it was also the opportunity I write what I think about the living arrangement. Before the taping, I hoped for an episode in this subject but not right now. :/ Because I saw indeed a lot of opportunity. But yes, we agreed it was not the good time for Sheldon to ask to Amy.

• Like 1

I remember Jims chat on The View when he said he'd hate going to work and not being paired with Mayim. And I remember an interview where Mayim had spoken bout when they have scenes together and how there's an underlining realness to them cause of all the background work they've done before they rehearse/shoot. This must be torture for them both...

agreed!  I bet it sucks on a personal level...

• Like 4

I suppose they could do try that, but unless Penny asks him about it, she's going to assume he got the ring because Amy broke up with him and tell her that, which would just make the situation worse.

Hey, I didn't say it wouldn't be messy. I really do think these living arrangements were created so that someone would find the ring. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 pages or so, and many people keep saying: but Amy still loves him.

I really would like to have your pink glasses because obviously we don't read the same spoilers.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing which proves she's still in love with him.

Not wanting to change her Facebook status? Well, she probably didn't want to be harassed by her mother / family again about finding another date.

Defending Sheldon while Bernie calls him a weirdo? Well, Sheldon is brilliant, nobody needs to be in love with him to acknowledge that, it's a fact.

The only thing I see is that whenever Sheldon comes at her, she either remains silent or screams at him.

It really sounds to me as if she really is contemplating moving on.

• Like 4

It makes me sad, too, because they have such good chemistry together and I enjoy seeing them interacting with each other on screen.   However, this does give them an opportunity to show another side of their acting capabilities.    As far as TBBT goes, we have never seen Sheldon in this state before, and it will be interesting to see how Jim manages to portray Sheldon in such a way that we are angry at him for not getting it, but also feel sorry for him because he doesn't.

As the Shenny kiss proved to me, seeing the gif provided a whole different take than what was revealed from the TR.    All of this sounds bad, but maybe once the episodes air, we will feel better about the developments.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

Relax...she's just giving an opinion. If it bothers you so much, just ignore her. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well if someone is going to pull the "My horse is higher than your horse" card, on the account of how long someone is watching the show, that has to be hilarious. Just because there are a few of us who are taking this Shamy angst in a very calm way doesn't mean we aren't taking our Shamy ship by "heart". Our opinions may be unpopular, but we're sticking to it, all for faith in Shamy.

Oh and for the record, since there's been a mention of length of watching the show, I've been watching the show since early 2009 but came in late because I was working on a different , very busy field then so I got not time to post. I could think of a 1,000 and 1 ways why I should be taking this breakup angrily, but chose to look at it differently instead.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 4

As far as TBBT goes, we have never seen Sheldon in this state before, and it will be interesting to see how Jim manages to portray Sheldon in such a way that we are angry at him for not getting it, but also feel sorry for him because he doesn't.

As the Shenny kiss proved to me, seeing the gif provided a whole different take than what was revealed from the TR.    All of this sounds bad, but maybe once the episodes air, we will feel better about the developments.

oh absolutely.. I could watch Jim all day whatever state Sheldon's in. It's nice for Mayim too.

I agree about the kissing gif. It really wasn't that bad was it? Shamy's makeout sesh was definitely hotter.

With credit to jimparsons source for providing the video

In case you hadn't seen it 

I just wet myself

• Like 1

It makes me sad, too, because they have such good chemistry together and I enjoy seeing them interacting with each other on screen.   However, this does give them an opportunity to show another side of their acting capabilities.    As far as TBBT goes, we have never seen Sheldon in this state before, and it will be interesting to see how Jim manages to portray Sheldon in such a way that we are angry at him for not getting it, but also feel sorry for him because he doesn't.

With Jim and Mayim being so outspoken about hating not working together/being paired up I can't see the writers dragging this out beyond the sweeps. But yes, I do think it's a great opportunity for them to show some more range because it is such an unusual situation for the characters.

Yes, this! Take the TPs with a grain of salt cause it's always a different experience seeing the actual episode on screen. Can't wait, tbqh!

• Like 5

With credit to jimparsons source for providing the video

In case you hadn't seen it 

Thanks for sharing, Rachel! 

"showing affection" omg baby :(( 

Well if someone is going to pull the "My horse is higher than your horse" card, on the account of how long someone is watching the show, that has to be hilarious. Just because there are a lot of us who are taking this Shamy angst in a very calm way doesn't mean we aren't taking our Shamy ship by "heart".

Oh and for the record, since there's been a mention of length of watching the show, I've been watching the show since early 2009 but came in late because I was working on a different , very busy field then so I got not time to post.

I wasn't trying to say that I'm better because I've been watching the show longer, this is ridiculous. I was by no means amongst the first fans of the show, that would be truly rich for me to act like I was. I was just saying that most of the people who are fed up right now have been watching the show for a longer time, and people who are newer to the fandom and happy about the show should remember that this exhaustion isn't just us being upset over four episodes, which seems to be the thing that gets thrown in our faces every time we get upset. There are also newer fans that are upset, and older fans that aren't. Nowhere in my post was I implying that all the new fans are unicorns and all the old fans are gothic bats, and I certainly am not hipster enough to pull the "I was there first therefore I'm right" card.

Loving the double standard tho - wanting to quit over The Intimacy Acceleration was perfectly reasonable, but being upset over years of mess isn't... okaaaaaaaaay.

Whatever. Just going to log off for another couple of months until Shamy gets better (or not. Who knows.)

Unless there break was permanent, then I'm done with the show.

Me too.

Likewise, if either of them sleeps with someone else.

I think secretly both Amy and Sheldon should start seeing a DR separately and it be the same DR. would be a great chance for some good comedy 

What's a DR?

• Like 1

I loved a lot of people that quit after season 6 and I honestly was ready to quit back in season 6 because of what they did to Shamy but I stayed after I saw The Romance Resonance and I'm glad I did because we got a beautiful SIK and date night kisses. 

For us "doom and gloom" Shamies, it's been years and years of shit hitting the fan for Shamy and we finally had a wonderful Shamy season but then they took that away. 

I'm allowed to be upset over what's happening and I don't enjoy people telling me not to be angry about this and that "this is a good thing."

You are entitled to your opinion but please stop trying to convince myself and others that it is all going to be alright. 

Edited by What's a hickey?
  • Like 3

I don't think Amy is trying to manipulate Sheldon by making him reach his breaking point. She is thinking to herself, being "selfish" (in a good way); for all the past year she has been cautious, since he was at "flight risk",  she has almost never spoken of difficult topics, she never asked him where the relationship was going, even in the Colonization she just said that she wanted to plan the future together, nothing more. Now she is thinking to herself, she is not worrying (apparently) of how Sheldon would react to her decision, she just want time to decide what it's better for her. Is it dangerous? Yes. Is she taking the risk of loosing Sheldon for ever? Maybe...but she is willing of taking the risk because for her what she had wasn't enough. We don't know what she wants, and I really hope an episode where this will be explained to us, this is the missing part of the story, but I don't think she is using this as a trick to get whatever she wants. And, believe me, I do feel for Sheldon, he is my favourite character, I can relate very well with him, for many reasons, so I understand that now he is in hell, and I'm sorry for it. Is it Amy's fault? I don't think so, honestly...when a couple fights hard, there is always a part that is weaker than the other and suffers more, but if there are issues to be solved, they have to be faced somehow. And, again, I don't know what those issues are, but since the writers are pushing so hard on the subject, I also hope they came up with a  good explanation at some point. For the records, I'm not sure it will be very soon...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

I wasn't trying to say that I'm better because I've been watching the show longer, this is ridiculous. I was by no means amongst the first fans of the show, that would be truly rich for me to act like I was. I was just saying that most of the people who are fed up right now have been watching the show for a longer time, and people who are newer to the fandom and happy about the show should remember that this exhaustion isn't just us being upset over four episodes, which seems to be the thing that gets thrown in our faces every time we get upset. There are also newer fans that are upset, and older fans that aren't. Nowhere in my post was I implying that all the new fans are unicorns and all the old fans are gothic bats, and I certainly am not hipster enough to pull the "I was there first therefore I'm right" card.

Loving the double standard tho - wanting to quit over The Intimacy Acceleration was perfectly reasonable, but being upset over years of mess isn't... okaaaaaaaaay.

Whatever. Just going to log off for another couple of months until Shamy gets better (or not. Who knows.)

Here is who would be quitting The Intimacy Acceleration?

I think if I'm going to put a ratio here, the number of people who are angry about the Shamy angst far outweighs the ones going with the unpopular opinion, so I don't see why you're getting batty regarding assumptions that your frustration over the Shamy angst is being kind of swept under the rug. In pure numbers, you guys are winning, so hey, be frustrated away.  just don't assume that just because we're the unpopular opinion means we're not taking our Shamy ship by heart.

Me too.

Likewise, if either of them sleeps with someone else.

Don't even go there. If they did that I'd never forgive the writers. 

• Like 3