The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Well if sheldon's shirts have any significance...he was wearing the yellow train shirt in the beginning tag scene at yesterday's taping. Then in the later scenes he was wearing a dark (i think black) one. Speculate away hehe :) 

• Like 3

Well if sheldon's shirts have any significance...he was wearing the yellow train shirt in the beginning tag scene at yesterday's taping. Then in the later scenes he was wearing a dark (i think black) one. Speculate away hehe :) 

yellow is fear and black is anger and can sometimes mean isolating yourself, so I imagine he's afraid of being lonely (because of Leonard moving out) and he's still angry at Amy OR he's beginning to draw into himself and build up his emotional guards again, isolating himself from Amy and his friends.

• Like 2

I think some of us need " Season 9  SHAMY positivity  thread"!

Seriously, do you REALLY think our SHAMY is ended????!!!!!!

Howard and Bernie had a break up and Lenny had at least two,(one of them ugly)

Both couples are together and married now.

Why SHAMY wouldn´t survive this moment?

SHAMY reconciliation will be when we never expect it and in a "whimsically inventive way" as all SHAMY things are!

The writers love what they created in 3 x 23, why are they going to destroy the most famous flawless weirdest  couple on TV?

Please, be patient! Sheldon and Amy are lovely characters!

Shamy may get back together, but the loving and trusting relation is going and can never come back because of what happened.

Others have explained this much better then I can, Sheldon will be terrified to make Amy break up with him, and therefor turn into a " Yes man".

Me when shamy are back together, not loving what's happening right now

keep-calm-and-love-shamy.png

Sheldons face when showing Amy the bra 

I just can't with his expression, he knows exactly what he's doing

tumblr_nuh7w5oUBv1tsmx1vo3_500.jpg

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 4

Sheldons face when showing Amy the bra 

I just can't with his expression, he knows exactly what he's doing

tumblr_nuh7w5oUBv1tsmx1vo3_500.jpg

And looks like she knows exactly what he's doing too... 

I actually find this picture quite interesting; being a comedy, we don't often see any of the cast looking so angry. If the writers are going to force us to make lemonade, at least we are getting to see a different side of their acting talents

• Like 1

Shamy may get back together, but the loving and trusting relation is going and can never come back because of what happened.

Others have explained this much better then I can, Sheldon will be terrified to make Amy break up with him, and therefor turn into a " Yes man".

first of all I'm scared of responding to your posts because you are a great debated but I did want to add my opinion. I've lived a situation similar to some of their issues. I'm a Sheldon when it comes to showing affection and my husband is a Amy. Needing confirmation a lot. Trust can be rebuilt and they can become better then they ever were. They just need to be put in a locked room and left alone without outside influences and talk the Hell out of this situation and just $&@# each other like bunnies. 

Ok I've said my bit. Don't hate. 

• Like 2

They will be back together.. I'm 100% on that. Have faith in the writers. I'm totally calm on this guys. ;)

So Kazzie confirmed on Twitter, that the shirt that Sheldon is wearing in this scene is a Minecraft shirt.  The shirts name...Diamond in the Rough.

As a believer in the "Sheldon shirt's are no accident" theory, I think that Mary Quigley is a mad genius!

106999_WB_0272b_595_Mini%20Logo%20TV%20w

Picture credit: Spoiler TV.

More about the shirt here: http://teenormous.com/t-shirts/Minecraft-Diamond-In-the-Rough-Black-S-by-Think-Geek-1161616

I NEED THIS T-SHIRT. I AM BLOODY OBSESSED WITH MINECRAFT. I clocked on to the Diamond in the Rough.. However, tbh. I was more interested in finding the shirt so I could buy it :icon_cheesygrin:

I didn't clock onto this at the taping.. Maybe it was best. 

Oh God I have been waiting for so long for Sheldon to wear a Minecraft. 

• Like 5

first of all I'm scared of responding to your posts because you are a great debated but I did want to add my opinion. I've lived a situation similar to some of their issues. I'm a Sheldon when it comes to showing affection and my husband is a Amy. Needing confirmation a lot. Trust can be rebuilt and they can become better then they ever were. They just need to be put in a locked room and left alone without outside influences and talk the Hell out of this situation and just $&@# each other like bunnies. 

Ok I've said my bit. Don't hate. 

I never hate someone for giving their honest opinion, so don't worry.

The problem is that I only see a few possible outcomes out of this break-up:

1) Amy at some point will realize what a great guy Sheldon is for her, starts seeing the things he already did for her and wants him back and they get back together. If this happens it would make this break-up completely unnecessary and a big waste of time.

2) Sheldon suddenly starts doing the things Amy wants from him, but because of that stops being Sheldon.

3) They stay like this, go their own way.

For me, option 3 is the most likely right now, and even the most desirable, as much as I hate it.

I am glad some of my fellow Shamy Shippers still see light on Shamy's horizon. I'm just not one of them.

I never hate someone for giving their honest opinion, so don't worry.

The problem is that I only see a few possible outcomes out of this break-up:

1) Amy at some point will realize what a great guy Sheldon is for her, starts seeing the things he already did for her and wants him back and they get back together. If this happens it would make this break-up completely unnecessary and a big waste of time.

2) Sheldon suddenly starts doing the things Amy wants from him, but because of that stops being Sheldon.

3) They stay like this, go their own way.

For me, option 3 is the most likely right now, and even the most desirable, as much as I hate it.

I am glad some of my fellow Shamy Shippers still see light on Shamy's horizon. I'm just not one of them.

I'very been saying option one from the start didn't make any sense and was a waste of time. With option two, Sheldon becoming what Amy thinks she wants and stops being Sheldon in the process also makes no sense as it will more than likely turn out she prefers the old Sheldon and than it will be late as the magic and uniqueness of Shamy would have been destroyed. So like you, I believe option three is the most likely at this stage. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I really truly feel like all they have been through that there will be some happy conclusion to this break up.   The writers have still hinted that he loves her and she did state even in her explanation to him of the break that she loves him.   I do think that it will take most if not all of season 9 for resolution. 

• Like 1

I like Kazzies idea of Amy's family being involved with their make up. But I still can't help but think Amy's mums a bitch. Be interesting to see what Mary had to say on the topic Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I like Kazzies idea of Amy's family being involved with their make up. But I still can't help but think Amy's mums a bitch. Be interesting to see what Mary had to say on the topic Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I also would have loved something more supportive from Amy's family. Oh well. Maybe it does take an emergency for Amy and her mom to reach some common ground.

• Like 3

Yeah, I also would have loved something more supportive from Amy's family. Oh well. Maybe it does take an emergency for Amy and her mom to reach some common ground.

Agreed. I dunno. I have a feeling the tensions being built for something to happen. I still have that rumour about the crash in my head. Maybe Amy gets so mad at Sheldon she drives on and runs a read light or something. As she's doing an awful lot of anger atm. I dunno, I should stop thinking haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I dunno. I have a feeling the tensions being built for something to happen. I still have that rumour about the crash in my head. Maybe Amy gets so mad at Sheldon she drives on and runs a read light or something. As she's doing an awful lot of anger atm. I dunno, I should stop thinking haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the crash rumour is making more and more sense.  It is going to take something dramatic/traumatic now to fix it.  But I also think it's now more likely that it would be Sheldon who gets hurt rather than Amy as she'll then realise how close she came to losing him for good.

• Like 1

I think the crash rumour is making more and more sense.  It is going to take something dramatic/traumatic now to fix it.  But I also think it's now more likely that it would be Sheldon who gets hurt rather than Amy as she'll then realise how close she came to losing him for good.

Yeah that would seem more plausible. Maybe they're both in the car having an argument, crash and Sheldon comes out the worst. Btw. Avatar. So many feels. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I still don't find the crash rumours to be anything other than silly :icon_lol: 

Yeah, not too keen on it either - the source wasn't particularly reliable anyway. lol

Yeah, not too keen on it either - the source wasn't particularly reliable anyway. lol

If it ain't from TVLine, EW or ETOnline then don't bother with it ;)

On one hand it's not the most original idea and it is clichéd, but on the other it is plausible because it always take something like to that to make someone realise what they could do lose.  The other thing going against it is that I'm sure they could pull it off in one episode.  It seems a bit too much to cram into 22 minutes, unless they do a two parter.

I like very much the attitude of Kazzie and of all the persons who were at the tapings of the first episodes. They have seen the bad stuff (none of us at the moment has seen a single scene apart from the promos) but most/all of them are much more positive than us, so I try to trust their faith for the final result of all this mess, and I thank them very much for their positive thoughts. I'm not very fond, instead, of the idea that the solution has to come from something traumatic like minor accidents or problems with family members. As for Amy's family, we already got something about her mother in Episode 3, and I think that was the stuff the writers were speaking about at SDCC (they had already written the third episode at that time). I don't expect we will see her mother or family  in the next episodes. And, as for the car accident, I really think it is just a rumor, and I suspect that it came from here, we were saying in some tread something about a car accident as a possible way to re-unite Shamy soon before the article appeared, so I suspect we were the "source"...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4