The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

SHAMY will get back together, and stronger than  ever , BECAUSE of what happened!!!!! But no more childman, no more doormat!

Exactly.  If Sheldon were to show signs of being a YES man, I can see Amy pulling him back and encouraging him that their relationship is not going to be that way, kind of like their talk after the she ruined the Indiana Jones movie.    Sheldon may go from one extreme to the other for a short time, but she will help him balance it out.    There will be give and take in their relationship for sure.

Amy is not trying to change Sheldon, she just wants him to consider her feelings and include her in his decisions before considering someone else.   She is not looking for a dog on a leash!  

• Like 8

Exactly.  If Sheldon were to show signs of being a YES man, I can see Amy pulling him back and encouraging him that their relationship is not going to be that way, kind of like their talk after the she ruined the Indiana Jones movie.    Sheldon may go from one extreme to the other for a short time, but she will help him balance it out.    There will be give and take in their relationship for sure.

Amy is not trying to change Sheldon, she just wants him to consider her feelings and include her in his decisions before considering someone else.   She is not looking for a dog on a leash!  

I like that last point the most :icon_lol: 

And I wouldn't mind seeing one episode after they get back together where Sheldon is acting like a Yes Man and Amy eventually realises that. They talk it out and truly become equals then. I think it's all a gradual process.

• Like 4

I like Kazzies idea of Amy's family being involved with their make up. But I still can't help but think Amy's mums a bitch. Be interesting to see what Mary had to say on the topic Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that idea as well, but I'm wondering if Amy bringing up her mother and the sin closet was a one-shot into her background, and we will hear nothing more about her mother.

It would be nice if there were some family event, though, and Sheldon would just show up uninvited.   Sounds too much of a repeat of Penny pretending to still  date Leonard when her Dad showed up.   So, BTDT.

• Like 2

I still don't find the crash rumours to be anything other than silly :icon_lol: 

Yeah granted it wasn't from a reliable source or anything but I just feel that something pretty dramatic has to happen to get those two to even talk let alone get back together. Not even their friends wedding was enough for them to be civil Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't find the crash rumours to be anything other than silly :icon_lol: 

Yes.  Way too much drama for a sitcom.   Relationship drama is one thing.   This crash thing, totally off the mark.   If they go there, I will be shocked.

• Like 1

Yeah, in terms of Amy's family I've come to realise there's quite a gab between things I want to happen (some nice mother/daughter moments, more background on Amy, etc.) and things that'll actually happen (probably none of this lol).

• Like 1

Yes.  Way too much drama for a sitcom.   Relationship drama is one thing.   This crash thing, totally off the mark.   If they go there, I will be shocked.

Well, I remember another CL show from years back, Dharma & Greg when they pulled the relationship tester in the form of Kevin Sorbo, which came back again when Greg left D over a saved love note.  While they started to talk, of course, they were in a car accident and Season 5 it was all forgotten to all but the viewer and it was cancelled that season.

CL and writers, tread very carefully.

• Like 1

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

P_car_blow.thumb.gif.d5c4c339a556afcac8b

:shy:

• Like 4

Wonder if kripkes appearance is work related with Sheldon or something else, I doubt he would tell Amy about sheldons sex lies, he's had plenty of opportunities to and hasn't so far

• Like 4

Wonder if kripkes appearance is work related with Sheldon or something else, I doubt he would tell Amy about sheldons sex lies, he's had plenty of opportunities to and hasn't so far

Well, I cannot imagine that Sheldon is doing so well with focusing on his work right now.  What better time for Kripke to show up than to make his life even more miserable?  You, know, because life is just that way.   Kicks someone, when they are already down.

I can imagine Kripke and Amy in her lab or cafeteria discussing their work, and Sheldon freaks out.  He's already thinking now that she will find a better man to marry, so I can imagine his insecurities getting the best of him, considering Kripke is a man of science who writes better papers than him when Sheldon is "getting laid all the time."

• Like 4

Well, I cannot imagine that Sheldon is doing so well with focusing on his work right now.  What better time for Kripke to show up than to make his life even more miserable?  You, know, because life is just that way.   Kicks someone, when they are already down.

I can imagine Kripke and Amy in her lab or cafeteria discussing their work, and Sheldon freaks out.  He's already thinking now that she will find a better man to marry, so I can imagine his insecurities getting the best of him, considering Kripke is a man of science who writes better papers than him when Sheldon is "getting laid all the time."

I can imagine well Amy telling in the Kripke' ear how is couple is hot, if you know what I mean.

Yes. That was my first idea as well. Kripke chatting with Amy and Sheldon see them, freaking out, maybe making a scene. I agree there was already more than enough jealousy, but I could see writers go there.

• Like 1

Yes. That was my first idea as well. Kripke chatting with Amy and Sheldon see them, freaking out, maybe making a scene. I agree there was already more than enough jealousy, but I could see writers go there.

Boys never like girls enough that Amy want to be, they like their mother much... I fear about the Amy's purpose.

Something I was thinking about was what Tallin said before Amy tells him off as they are discussing a project.  Kripke asks her out with the excuse that he wants to discuss their project further (while he really wants to see if she'll use a model rocket on him).  Sheldon and others tell her it's a date while she's denying it as she believes it's just two colleagues discussing a collaboration.

The next day, after Sheldon stews, he storms to her lab where he sees Kripke leaving flowers and another bottle of wine but with a black eye and a bruise on his chin.  After SC asks, BK makes an excuse of some sort of what happened.  They spar over Amy for a second with Barry bragging about what happened before Amy walks in, sees them and yells about both of them why they are there.  Before Sheldon can say anything, she storms over to Barry where she confronts him further about his behavior (hit on her bringing up how she gives it to Sheldon well) and his true intentions.  She ends with something to the regard that if he tries to work with her again, she'll give him another black eye.  When she leaves, she tells him to take the wine and shove it.

Leaving her alone with Sheldon, he feels guilty and starts to apologize when she rips him a new one for his comments to Barry from years back.  When Sheldon comes back with something like "well, you led him on by accepting his science" she counters with "At least someone likes my science, because my boyfriend sure didn't.  He hated it so much that he felt The Flash was more important than kissing her."

From here, the two really start to talk.  Later, the two go see everyone at 4A, who then try to give advice before Shamy shuts them up and tells them to butt out, kicks the visitors out and tells Lenny to move into their own darn apartment.  Alone, Sheldon decides to make it up to Amy and give her a better make out than on their anniversary.

• Like 6

Something I was thinking about was what Tallin said before Amy tells him off as they are discussing a project.  Kripke asks her out with the excuse that he wants to discuss their project further (while he really wants to see if she'll use a model rocket on him).  Sheldon and others tell her it's a date while she's denying it as she believes it's just two colleagues discussing a collaboration.

The next day, after Sheldon stews, he storms to her lab where he sees Kripke leaving flowers and another bottle of wine but with a black eye and a bruise on his chin.  After SC asks, BK makes an excuse of some sort of what happened.  They spar over Amy for a second with Barry bragging about what happened before Amy walks in, sees them and yells about both of them why they are there.  Before Sheldon can say anything, she storms over to Barry where she confronts him further about his behavior (hit on her bringing up how she gives it to Sheldon well) and his true intentions.  She ends with something to the regard that if he tries to work with her again, she'll give him another black eye.  When she leaves, she tells him to take the wine and shove it.

Leaving her alone with Sheldon, he feels guilty and starts to apologize when she rips him a new one for his comments to Barry from years back.  When Sheldon comes back with something like "well, you led him on by accepting his science" she counters with "At least someone likes my science, because my boyfriend sure didn't.  He hated it so much that he felt The Flash was more important than kissing her."

From here, the two really start to talk.  Later, the two go see everyone at 4A, who then try to give advice before Shamy shuts them up and tells them to butt out, kicks the visitors out and tells Lenny to move into their own darn apartment.  Alone, Sheldon decides to make it up to Amy and give her a better make out than on their anniversary.

Sounds like a good start to a FanFic story, mphs.    Can I borrow your idea?  :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by jenafan
I'm kidding, but really you should put this down. I would definately read it.
  • Like 3

I like that.  I like that a lot.  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

I think I'm going to write that this weekend.  Damn, I'm good!  LOL.  Keep a watch in the next week or so.

• Like 5

ok, had a some sleep.hope this will help.

sheldon is asking ramdom guys (3 of them) to be his roommate.

the fourth we do not see, so s is asked questions said you like

science they show it is amy,(to me she look up-set not MAD in season#6

did amy say she would be the perfect roommate for him. that is why sheldon

asked her) why up-set amy had to know about leonard moving with penny

and sheldon did not want a gf, but some one who will do things for him like leonard.

so she said no. i think she has a soft spot for him, she did not like bernadette said

about him while they were at the bar. i think they both care for each other, but how 

to get them back, looks like they have dug in and either wants to give in first.

sheldon look beat and lost both times went amy said no ,and he talk about amy marriage

to other person, and not him. jmo if they are not together by the 7ep. ,it could be a long

time. thanks

Thank you so much for all the info!

:shy::shy::shy::shy::shy:

• Like 3

I don't think there's going to be any "suddenly" when it comes to how this is resolved. No one is going to "suddenly" change their behavior or have an epiphany or whatever.

I think that they're both going to have this cooling off period where the break-up may seem like it's going to go on forever.  He is resigned to the idea that she wants to move on, or whatever.  She is resigned to the fact that she really did break up with him and that he's given up on her (maybe, depending perhaps on what the others might tell her.)

Anyway, I think it would be better if they're both over their initial emotional flare-ups and have a chance to interact quietly, on their own, without the outside influence of others.

I think that they both need to realize how much they miss each other's company, quirks, even shortcomings.  Sheldon knows that he loves Amy, even if he got angry with her for breaking up with him (anger is a stronger position than vulnerability or hurt), and Amy knows she loves Sheldon, even if "you can die from such a man"--I mean, what guy isn't a goofy pain in the butt?! (I'm kidding!)

She's had time to consider whatever it was she felt she needed to consider--perhaps wondering if putting up with his distracted kind of love was worth it in order to know that he actually does love her.  Being loved, even by a "pasty weirdo", is a powerful incentive.  And it's not like he's some kind of abusive mouth-breather and she's starved for attention.  She is her own person, but her boyfriend is imperfect.  She simply has to weigh all these things in the balance and see how it comes up.

And Sheldon has only just recently come to the realization that what he feels for her is more than simple fondness or affection and that it's okay to feel that way.  To be "enslaved" by a "hotsy-totsy from Glendale".  He has obviously thought about his feelings for her and is finally able to articulate it--this from the boy who wanted to be a robot, or Mr. Spock--but he's just now had it rammed home to him that he can't just expect to bask in her adulation and kiss her on date night and have everything be "honky-donky" (as Raj would say).

He's always been somewhat selfish in his love and doesn't quite know how to navigate the waters.  His idea for a Christmas Punishment for her is a great example.  He wanted to punish her and make her feel bad, so he bought her a present in order to somehow try to shame her, in his convoluted way of thinking.  He didn't think of how it would feel if he actually pleased her and she ended up pleasing him (his Grinch heart ended up growing after all.)

So, in a way, he kind of had to have the rug pulled out from under him if they were ever going to have an equitable relationship.  I'm not saying that breaking up was the only way to do it, but it certainly caught his attention and has made him think it all through.

I am confident that all will be well, because, as I've always said, "Happy endings all around."  I think that having them experience this dip in the roller coaster ride that is life is only realistic and will make them stronger in the end.  That doesn't mean, IMO, that he's going to become the perfect boyfriend, or that she'll be the perfect girlfriend, as such things do not exist--not in real life and not on this show.  But I think that, just as the others have experienced, a bump in the road is not the end of the road.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 5

I'm not sure that Sheldon thinks Kripke is a better man for Amy than he is

I think Sheldon would be hard pressed to imagine someone he knows being a better man than himself for Amy.  However, he might think that Amy might seek out someone she thinks is better than him.

• Like 2

OMG, I am just loving that scenario

I'm not .

Someone hitting on Amy, just creeps me out.

I don't like it when fanfic authors spend a lot of time describing how attractive Amy is because that's not something that's important to her character.

I wrote a fanfic where Amy really dolls herself up for Sheldon, but all he does is ask "what have you done to yourself?"

When Amy gets upset, and explains she did it all for him, Sheldon points out it's her, not her clothes and makeup, which turns him on.

• Like 4

I'm thinking something family related happen's with Amy resulting in Sheldon being there to support her regardless.

I wrote a fanfic, where Amy's mother is taken ill, while on holiday in Europe, and Sheldon comes up trumps, going with her and organizing things, when she travels to be with her mother.

Maybe something like that will bring them back together.

ETA: On the subject of their clothes, that green cardigan Amy is wearing, where she is standing at Sheldon's door looking angry, is the same cardigan she wore on Valentines Day, when Sheldon made her his ICE contact.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1