The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I slowly see a space opening up in my free time.   I'll still watch,  but I might be open to finding other things to do in between the airing of episodes. 

I don't find watching 10-15 or, god forbid, a season's worth of episodes of Sheldon being obnoxious towards her while inserting himself into Lenny's marriage, interesting.  All the while, we only see Amy with the girls being all downtrodden and sad.  Ugh.  No thanks. 

• Like 8

I slowly see a space opening up in my free time.   I'll still watch,  but I might be open to finding other things to do in between the airing of episodes. 

I don't find watching 10-15 or, god forbid, a season's worth of episodes of Sheldon being obnoxious towards her while inserting himself into Lenny's marriage, interesting.  All the while, we only see Amy with the girls being all downtrodden and sad.  Ugh.  No thanks. 

Yes that's the other thing I don't like. The three of them in the marriage thing. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

So although she may be off social media, she maybe will be there for taping. If she's not, they can easily explain her absence by saying Amy's gone away for a few days break. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

she'll be there--again, she's contracted for every episode.

• Like 2

Steve and tptb have lost the plot, literally

They haven't lost the plot.  These kinds of pre-season interviews are always vague and kind of all-encompassing so that they don't give away any real plots or detailed storyline.  IMO, there's very little to be taken to heart.

• Like 2

I call BS, Molaro is purposely being vague.  I personally never take anything he says as gospel.

oh this I am sure of.  His "no plans" comment I find laughable because they have filmed 4 episodes, have a taping tomorrow, and I'm sure they have another 2-3 written to go...So yea....they have some idea where its going.  And after being brought back down to reality thank goodness, I do think its a heavy PR stunt.  Still stings to see some of it in writing... but still hopeful

• Like 6

I always take these kinds of interviews with a grain of salt - especially when the season hasn't even started airing, yet. They aren't exactly made for the handful of us sitting here who are devouring every spoiler and over-thinking any possible plot twist. Their purpose is to get Joe Public interested so it's all pretty vague and the most concrete details are on episodes that are not just taped but also have quite a bit of promotional material out already. I've seen showrunners/writers make these wishy-washy interviews all the time and they don't necessarily mean anything in the great scheme of things.

Yes exactly my thoughts too :) 

Just wish this was over and they would hurry up and get them back on track !!!!!!

• Like 4

They haven't lost the plot.  These kinds of pre-season interviews are always vague and kind of all-encompassing so that they don't give away any real plots or detailed storyline.  IMO, there's very little to be taken to heart.

I don't mind vague, especially before the season starts, but to me vague is yes we have an idea and you'll have to wait and see. It's not we have no set plan. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

oh this I am sure of.  His "no plans" comment I find laughable because they have filmed 4 episodes, have a taping tomorrow, and I'm sure they have another 2-3 written to go...So yea....they have some idea where its going.  And after being brought back down to reality thank goodness, I do think its a heavy PR stunt.  Still stings to see some of it in writing... but still hopeful

When did they actually talk to him, though.  Even if they just ran the interview, they could have interviewed him before they actually started the new season.

• Like 1

When did they actually talk to him, though.  Even if they just ran the interview, they could have interviewed him before they actually started the new season.

Yes lots of it sounds like things we've already had spoilers of, I def think it starts at E1 and we are ready for E5 spoilers it sounds very begining Season to me :) 

and again for the casual viewer or not spoiled viewer , I not too worried it's for drama and cliffhanger appeal. 

Im looking forward to the day we open spoilers / interviews and are pleased with what we read and not nervous !!!!

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 1

If all we are getting is vagueness, I'd rather they say nothing at all

Not feeling positive right now

But my season 8 DVD Has arrived and I'm sure that will give me plenty of happy feels

• Like 3

Not very much surprised about the interview, I suspected earlier writers used this plot because they found it exciting to write, but not for serving some purpose very much. It's all good, they work this way and it usually works, and it is exciting to see new sides of characters,  but I just hope writers keeps in mind that the main reason viewers watch, average viewer/majority even more, is simply to see their favorite characters - be those characters. And I can't really shook off that bitter feeling that when you drag your characters way out of their comfort zone and way out of their limits, there can be very difficult work to make them be those same characters again. Can't shake off the feeling writers are still playing with fire. Still trusting it will be all good. 

Seems like a new interview to me, they are speaking of "marriage of three" which was in last episode. 

• Like 5

I always take these kinds of interviews with a grain of salt - especially when the season hasn't even started airing, yet. They aren't exactly made for the handful of us sitting here who are devouring every spoiler and over-thinking any possible plot twist. Their purpose is to get Joe Public interested so it's all pretty vague and the most concrete details are on episodes that are not just taped but also have quite a bit of promotional material out already. 

As I was discussing this with someone else off the boards here,  this is the one thing that I have kept in mind.   We know alot of this stuff has already happened in the episodes that have been taped.   I just don't want this kind of dynamic to drag on.   However,  the comment about no plans still bothers me.   He could have kept it vague by saying they have an idea,  but he didn't.   We will have to wait and see. 

• Like 4

I hate the " no set plan ". I know they don't plan with a large advance, but just saying they have no plan at all, just going with the wind... SIGH 

I hate the " fascinating ". No, it's not facinating to see them broken up. It's sad, depressing, terrible, awful, traumatic, but certainly not " fascinating ".

I hate " the marriage of three". I'm really looking forward to the moment when Sheldon is finally leaving some space to Lenny.

• Like 7

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-821153

kinda feeling very deflated about all of this.....

yeah I'm not buying any of this... He's totally swerved around the fact they aren't just 'on a break' anymore. Clearly the reporter doesn't know about the first 4 episodes of season 9. And on that note how can he not know how long they're gonna stay broken up for? We're hating the fact that they've been broke up for 4 episodes already! And they haven't even aired yet! Don't you dare make us wait much longer Molaro :angry:

the writers must have a vague idea of when key things are gonna happen or how do they know their gonna fill 24 episodes?! CRAZY

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 2

I agree that the interview is made more for casual viewers than for fans, it just contains some highlights of the already taped episodes and doesn't say anything really different from what already spoiled. Anyway, some words, like "divorce" are kind of harsh to read...I'm not much worried than I was before, but...you know...I think I get the idea of exploring new sides of the characters, and I'm sure Jim Parsons is enjoying the opportunity of showing other abilities as an actor. I'm not sure the same goes for Mayim. I mean, I haven't seen the episodes of course, but from what I understand she has had less opportunities to show a more complex panel of emotions, again her part of the story is missing.

There are also some  points in the interview about few things we have not seen yet. Molaro was talking of how the group will handle the break up, and of the fact that there will be times Amy is no longer with them. This may happen for example in the next episode. We were speaking early today of Mayim being or not in the episode; she has to be there (since her contract...) but maybe she will have few scenes and most of the episode will be with the guys together in 4A without her. The other interesting fact is about the ring: Molaro said that we will discover (I can't wait...) when Sheldon got it and what's his mindset about it right now. That would explain a question I'm asking myself since the season started: if Sheldon is as desperate as he seems, why among all the desperate stuff he's doing he does not think of giving Amy the ring? Of course it would be a unuseful and desperate gesture, that could go very very wrong, but it would also be "natural" for me to do it. Let's see what happens...not very confident that it will be over until november, but I hope in some surprises!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

I am way past the university stage, but it does crack me up when people will Tweet about their professor's showing scenes from TBBT in their physics or math classes.

My psychology professor was discussing the misuse of negative reinforcement and she showed us the scene in the Focus Attentuation episode where Sheldon talks about it! She also showed us the scene where Sheldon conditions Penny with chocolate as an example of positive reinforcement in the media! 

It takes all of my self control not to get super excited :) 

Edited by What's a hickey?
  • Like 3

I have to agree with folks here on this "marriage of three" opinion.  I have to admit I was so eager to see their parting played out. Lenny, firstly really deserves some space for themselves. Secondly, I just couldn't wait to see Leonard navigating Penny's bad cooking skills and living in girly/full of stuffed animals apartment, trying to find agreement in putting there all of his comic books and cool Star Trek uniforms. There could be so many fun in that. Sheldon too, even if it would be not moving in with Amy just yet, it  offers so much new to write about. I was hoping to give him runs of few roommates, maybe crazy ones, weirdos, some great guest stars that could make the great comedy that lies in that plot, shine. I can't help but being disappointed writers again played safe. It will be fun. But  it will be exactly what we had seen many times before. Sheldon, being annoyed by Penny's quirks, she, annoyed and arguing about his. Leonard, somewhere in a middle. It's funny, but it's not new or exciting for me to see. 

• Like 4

I have to agree with folks here on this "marriage of three" opinion.  I have to admit I was so eager to see their parting played out. Lenny, firstly really deserves some space for themselves. Secondly, I just couldn't wait to see Leonard navigating Penny's bad cooking skills and living in girly/full of stuffed animals apartment, trying to find agreement in putting there all of his comic books and cool Star Trek uniforms. There could be so many fun in that. Sheldon too, even if it would be not moving in with Amy just yet, it  offers so much new to write about. I was hoping to give him runs of few roommates, maybe crazy ones, weirdos, some great guest stars that could make the great comedy that lies in that plot, shine. I can't help but being disappointed writers again played safe. It will be fun. But  it will be exactly what we had seen many times before. Sheldon, being annoyed by Penny's quirks, she, annoyed and arguing about his. Leonard, somewhere in a middle. It's funny, but it's not new or exciting for me to see. 

And three in a marriage never works. Think there's going to more angst coming up. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

why he doesn't want to give that beautiful body to his vixen I have no idea...:heat: 

And, likewise, why he doesn't want his vixen's beautiful body?

one of my work friends does part time acting and is an extra in the new star wars movie and the Kray movie, he gets a lot if parts where he gets shot though!

My father did a bit of work as an extra, after he retired.

• Like 1