The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

They are such cuties, I love when they do interviews in costume...They look like Sheldon and Amy, but it's Jim and Mayim's personalities.

CO5qVIxUAAAEao3.jpg

(Always a bonus when Jim's potty-mouth makes an appearance) :icon_twisted:

Sheldon's T-shirt is intriguing. Black Flash Tshirt ! I think we can continue the theory color shirt = feelings.

they were playing a scene for the episode 5 or this is one of the previous episodes already taping ?

If even the actors want an end of the break up, hope it will be before the end of the season.

• Like 4

Katy Perry is for Grammy, Leonardo di Caprio is for Oscar and Emmy is for Mayim. Let's see if someone will understand. :icon_wink:

I get what you mean. Pretty sad when you say it like that though :laugh: . The beauty about Mayim's category is that it's a pretty level playing field so anyone can win it really (as much as I want Mayim to win but, as was said previously, season 9 will be her season, and probably Jim's again too) where as the other categories -which is where I would compare Katy and the Grammys, Leo and the Oscars- are slightly unbalanced. Take Tatiania Maslanys catagory, she'll win it cause of the nature of Orphan Black. You can just tell who's gonna win the lead categories from when the noms get realised just like the Grammys and the Oscars.

Sheldon's T-shirt is intriguing. Black Flash Tshirt ! I think we can continue the theory color shirt = feelings.

I love talking tshirt theory

Maybe the black Flash tshirt Sheldon's starting to realised that if it wasn't for the Flash he'd still be with his little lady. He's angry at the Flash. Maybe it's finally starting to hit home! 

tumblr_nup3rfvTcu1ruhsrmo1_400.jpg

#seriousfriendshipgoals

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 1

From Entertainment Tonight: http://www.etonline.com/news/171858_exclusive_big_bang_theory_jim_parsons_mayim_bialik_sheldon_amy_rough_break_up/

Adorable....VIDEO IN THE LINK...Jim and Mayim are so cute together!

EXCLUSIVE: 'Big Bang' Stars on Sheldon & Amy's 'Rough' Break Up and If They'll Make Up!

ET recently caught up with stars Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik on the set of Big Bang and they spilled exclusive scoop on the "awkward" post-breakup drama and if there's a chance for a Shamy reconciliation.

What a delightful little interview to wake up to! <3

• Like 2

I'M BACK AND SOBER.

Alcohol was naughty last night. plus I misread that article.. bahhaahaha :blind:

• Like 7

If they didn't rub it in our faces every week that they're broken up I think I would try to remember that this is supposed to be a comedy show. 

The one thing that keep me going is that there is still some tension between the two of them, otherwise they would be ok haging around each other , which is not really happening. I'm still bothered by the fact that nobody seems to be doing anything to end this break up and I'm hoping they don't bring someone new to Amy.

• Like 6

If they didn't rub it in our faces every week that they're broken up I think I would try to remember that this is supposed to be a comedy show. 

The one thing that keep me going is that there is still some tension between the two of them, otherwise they would be ok haging around each other , which is not really happening. I'm still bothered by the fact that nobody seems to be doing anything to end this break up and I'm hoping they don't bring someone new to Amy.

With my "friend" Molaro you never know. Still expecting Shenny to end up together.

• Like 1

I’ve been offline on a much needed vacation and I’ve been stepping back from the show and the speculation because it wasn’t doing much good to my sanity. Needless to say, this Molaro interview is the last thing I wanted to come back to after this break, and it only reinforces my sad choice to step away from the show. 

I know we’ve all said it tons of times, but any breakup that drags on past November to me is pretty much a dealbreaker. Not just because a prolonged breakup goes against anything I’ve ever known about these two characters and their relationship, but because I literally have no interest (and not in an angry “I refuse to watch this!” way but more in a “this is so boring” way) in watching a show with filler episodes where Shamy barely interact at all, and when they do it’s bitching and arguing, and where Lenny share their marriage with Sheldon.We have done the 3-way Lenny+Sheldon relationship since the beginning of time. It’s been 9 years, can we PLEASE move on?  What is fascinating and interesting in watching Sheldon once again be obnoxious while people (in this case Amy) slam the door in his face? I feel like I’m watching Wile E. Coyote chasing Road Runner at this stage. It’s the same stuff, over and over, just in slightly different forms. There’s nothing new, fresh or exciting here that makes it must watch tv to me. And while I can even stomach one or two episodes of this, I can’t summon the motivation to sit through 14 or cod forbid 24 episodes of this. 

We are in the ninth season, it’s time to wrap things up and move on. Try new things. Instead, we seem to be back to S6, stuck in an endless stalling strategy with “no plans”. And not just no plans for Shamy, but apparently no plans for Lenny to live like a proper married couple, for Raj to make any decisions on Emily, for Stuart to move out, for Amy’s family, not even for how to include Star Wars in an episode!!! I mean, what are these writers currently doing in that writers room?? Twiddling their thumbs while they wait to be told by someone (*cough* Chuck *cough*) that they can continue on with the stories they were writing previously? What do they think is going to give them ratings during sweeps and when they move to Thursday again? They used up the wedding plot already, they are apparently not in a rush to get Shamy back together and interacting in a pleasant way, what do they think people are going to care about when you’ve pretty much written your four main characters into a corner? Howardette/Stuart antics? Four episodes with four different guest stars? 

Logistically speaking too, this seems to make so little sense. They are admitting that they need to keep Amy to a minimum (way to go, keep your award-nominated actress to a minimum!) or separate boys and girls for the whole premise to work because you can’t have Shamy in the same room. How long do they seriously think people will care to watch this? People like to see the whole gang involved with each other, hanging out, having dinner, sharing life. The dinners at 4A are as iconic as Sheldon’s own spot! How can you have a show without all that? 

Furthermore, it’s so damn clear this is a stalling tactic with no real creative purpose. EVERYONE knows this breakup is temporary. The audience knows it, the journalists know it, the writers themselves have no qualms admitting it. There’s no emotional impact for this breakup because we know it’s going to end, other than frustrating the hell out of people who have been asking “when are they going to reconcile?” since the finale aired! And for the love of cod, when even your actors openly hate it and are just waiting to go back to normal, you know things are not organic and feel forced. I’ve said it forever and I’ll say it again: a breakup just does not work for a couple like Shamy, especially not after FIVE years, and I feel like they’re bending over backwards to stick a square peg in a round hole. 

The only thing that gives me a little bit of hope is thinking that this interview is pure PR stragegy. The premiere hasn’t yet aired, and telling the audience what they are going to have happen in November already would be silly. It might very well be Steve is talking about the events between the premiere and November sweeps and there’s nothing really to suggest that “the right time” isn’t indeed coming up (although the “no set plan” is not comforting at all). Like I said, sooner rather than later, they are going to run out of ideas to keep this going in a believable way for these characters and in a way that’s sustainable logistically for the show. 

In any case, I’m going to keep distancing myself from the show and won’t watch any of S9 for the time being, because this blatantly business-driven, purposeless writing is just not something that interests me. I totally agree with Monique: in the ninth season, with so much fun stuff left to do, they’re wasting their time and ours.

This is beautiful.

The only thing that gives me a little bit of hope is thinking that this interview is pure PR stragegy. The premiere hasn’t yet aired, and telling the audience what they are going to have happen in November already would be silly. It might very well be Steve is talking about the events between the premiere and November sweeps and there’s nothing really to suggest that “the right time” isn’t indeed coming up (although the “no set plan” is not comforting at all). Like I said, sooner rather than later, they are going to run out of ideas to keep this going in a believable way for these characters and in a way that’s sustainable logistically for the show. 

I do think this is key.  I didn't chime in on the episode guessing game, but if I had to, I'd say we'll have a reliationship based cliffhanger in the tag scene of an otherwise light episode. A kiss? A proposal? Some ultimatum from Sheldon having to do with the relationship agreement*?  Who knows.   It will keep us crazed fans on tenterhooks during the taping break next week.  And for the casual fans it will grab them for the switch to Thursday.  

*i have to believe the RA will be referenced, because I can't imagine the writers not going  for the stock sitcoms rule of threes joke: 'You've violated the RA.  You pierced your ears, you missed three date nights...and you broke up with me'. Real writers will write that better, but you get the idea.

• Like 4

*i have to believe the RA will be referenced, because I can't imagine the writers not going  for the stock sitcoms rule of threes joke: 'You've violated the RA.  You pierced your ears, you missed three date nights...and you broke up with me'. Real writers will write that better, but you get the idea.

It's not just sitcoms.   It happens in comedy, in theatre and movies also; basically in a visual medium.  It has to do with timing. 

• Like 4

koops, you 100% hit the name on the head

What gets me mad about the writers is that they rushed the really beautiful things that happened with our Shamy and the only thing they want to drag out is this dam break up that should have NEVER happened. After S7, despite Sheldon's choice to 'run away', Shamy were in a really lovely place. S8 yes ok we loved the kiss, the ILY, them getting a pet, it was glorious. But for a couple who are taking their relationship so pain-stakingly slow it seemed like a bit of a rush in season 8. Which makes me think it was always their intention to have these two break up for the beginning of S8 cause by the time we got to appreciate them reaching these important milestones that we've waited YEARS to happen BOOM they we're over. But they'll quite happily drag the hell out of this break up. It makes no sense. The writers are clearly scrapping the barrel for storylines even thought theres PLENTY of other storylines they could have done.

I can't remember who said it (might have been Jim) but Shamy were the most stable out of the four couples. They'd never cheated, broken up, intensionally hurt one another, get into horrendous slanging matches and that's what made them so different and unique which is why we loved them so much. Now they're all on the same playing field and the only thing keep Shamy for the rest of the couples is the fact they haven't had sex yet which is not what this should come down to. The writers have really dug themselves a massive hole with Shamy and they're running out of time to fix them. 

I know its only 4 nearly 5 episodes into the new season and we haven't watched the epsiodes yet AND yes they will end up back together but the fans hate it and actors hate it and they are a clever bunch of writers. If this is the best they can give us... its bad. They're holding the brakes for all the wrong things. Work on the good stuff guys your better than that!

Thats rule of three, its a comedy device also known as a comic triple. It's one of the best comedy writing tools you can get if used properly. 2 sentences being rooted fact and the third being ridiculous. It's to do with your brain... three is better than four or five and to your brain thats funny.

But it's not just used in sitcoms, its used in everything comedy. Go watch your fav stand up comedian, you'll see it :) 

• Like 5

Oh never mind I tried to post from Instagram a lovely Jim quote, but again I suck at technology and it didn't work !! Sorry :) -

Am I allowed to post this here ?? Saw it and it cheered me up, thought I'd share, hope that's ok. Sorry if not allowed :) 

Edited by Soopysue
My stupidity lol

Awww!!  Jim's comments always get me.  He is always the fighter for progress with Shamy (while Mayim drags a little bit more and likes things to stay the same) so it must really be killing him!!

Seeing the ET stuff made me miss them together so much!  Hopefully this PR stunt is just that and by end of November Santa Molaro will deliver us all great holiday gifts of Shamy goodness!

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 9

they were playing a scene for the episode 5 or this is one of the previous episodes already taping ?

If even the actors want an end of the break up, hope it will be before the end of the season.

Episode 4...that was taped a week ago....they are taping episode 5 tonight.

Well this is depressing. I log into the forums during my break and all I see is the same sort of negativity from about 3 weeks ago :icon_razz:

Good goly gosh...

Great job Molaro... You and your big mouth. LOL.

Well this is depressing. I log into the forums during my break and all I see is the same sort of negativity from about 3 weeks ago :icon_razz:

Good goly gosh...

Great job Molaro... You and your big mouth. LOL.

I suspect there's going to be more of the negativity after the taping.