[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

The one thing I actually don't have a problem with is their friends' reactions. I mean, they're totally normal reactions for people when their friends have just broken up. Generally speaking they try to make them move on, and feel better because in most breakups that's the healthy thing to do. Pining for the ex is not generally the way to go for most people. I think they're looking out for the well being of Sheldon and Amy as individuals, rather than a couple, but because they never fully understood them nor understood their relationship, they don't realize they're doing more damage than good. All they know is that Amy has called it quits, but she has never really expressed to them what she thinks or feels about it so they can only assume she's fine with her decision and if she is, then Sheldon trying to get her back is not healthy for him. They're working with what they've got, I really don't feel like blaming the guys or P/B in this.

Yeah i guess thats understandable... But still, it would have been so lovely to see Penny try to get them back together and show encouragement towards Sheldon and Amy.

• Like 3

Oh thank goodness there is more and more positivity around here! I am also quite excited to see how this ep will play out and am feeling as hopeful as ever.

Yes! Positivity! The power of positive thinking! More confident now than ever before. 

• Like 4

I just figured by now one of their friends would ask Sheldon or Amy, how they really feel about the break up and what they want. Whether it's to get back together, move on or whatever. There is still time for that or maybe it will never happen...who knows. Shamy's interaction with their friends just isn't playing out the way I had it pictured in my head. That's okay, I'm no writer so I'll go with the flow.

• Like 3

I just figured by now one of their friends would ask Sheldon or Amy, how they really feel about the break up and what they want. Whether it's to get back together, move on or whatever. There is still time for that or maybe it will never happen...who knows. Shamy's interaction with their friends just isn't playing out the way I had it pictured in my head. That's okay, I'm no writer so I'll go with the flow.

True, but I think this goes hand in hand with what I feel is the main beef I have with this whole thing. They can't do that. Why? Because if they do, then they/we know how Amy feels about it, how Sheldon feels about it, their friends would ask them why the f they're broken up in the first place then, and there would be no drama. It's still communication, whether it's directly between Sheldon and Amy or between them and their friends. And the writers are avoiding communication like the plague. This is all engineered to make sure that Shamy stay apart for as long as the writers want them to. It's so blatantly a plot device with no other purpose but to stall things. 

• Like 7

I seriously think we're asking too much of their friends. Especially guys. Just remember how they reacted when they faced break up. Leonard did exactly what he advised Sheldon. He get back to the game very soon. He slept with Dr. Plimpton and when he met Priya he went for it. Howard was open to date too after he broke up with Bernadette. They simply advised him what worked for them. And Raj...well, that one is nowhere wise man either. I don't really think we can ask some profound advised for them, when they are struggling in relationships like anybody else. And as we saw even the fact Howard and Leonard are married now, doesn't make their action flawless. Sure they could look at it from Sheldon's perspective, but I think that one, from it's difference from their own is just very hard to understand, they know they couldn't on some deeper level. We really can't ask for much more than friendly advice from their own experiences. After all Amy's or Sheldon's advises were  hardly better over the years.

Edited by tallin
  • Like 4

Lol....ahhhh autocorrect.  She's a heartless bitch isn't she?

oh gosh ridiculous! Unless you're trying to spell Beyoncé in which case it's a god send :laugh:

it was just a thought about the friends. They are just kids at heart, teenagers in mindsets in fully grown men's bodies. But they all know this is a first for both Sheldon and Amy you'd think they'd be abit more considerate 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 1

For some reason, while the taping report rings positive... I'm not really sure how I feel about it. This has some typical underlying teen romance cliche "you don't know what you got till it's gone". So what happens next, Amy returns to her apartment, very upset, thinks things over, then rushes back to Sheldon's apartment to say something along the lines of "You complete me".. and they lived happily ever after.The end.

I'm starting to miss those scenes wherein the gang eats at 4A and just talk about their lives. Guess I have to wait much,much longer.

• Like 6

An idea I had late last night after reading this report came to me while I was trying to sleep. A non-cliche way to reconcile these two in a very Sheldon and BBT way and keep the heart of the show would be to have Amy come to 4A basically ready to confront him on something yet to occur and they do have a heated heart to heart but he ushers her to sit in his spot and he'll make her tea. Amy's jaw drops at the gesture of him putting her in his most cherished thing of all....his spot. Sheldon doesn't even realize the implications of his actions. It clicks that she always was his #1 and she walks to the kitchen and kisses him and it gets hot & heavy (no big deed of course). He pulls away and starts to say something Sheldony but does catch himself. Basically confirming they both learned/grew from this break. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be amazing , and very IC !!

• Like 1

This would be amazing , and very IC !!

Shamy suddenly getting hot and heavy is IC to you?

While a lovely scenario, it would proof that this break up was pointless, which is the only outcome, besides them not getting back together.

Shamy suddenly getting hot and heavy is IC to you?

While a lovely scenario, it would proof that this break up was pointless, which is the only outcome, besides them not getting back together.

Cannot believe I am even responding but "hot & heavy" for Shamy so make-out turned up a little bit... And I am not going to explain for the millionth time that I don't think this break was pointless nor out of left field. Just like I know some do think its pointless. And just gonna add while not ideal and I do understand people frustrations each episode we've been given status updates sort of speak on one of them if not both in terms of this break-up. lenny didn't even get that...so while it may not be what you want the writers still are putting Shamy at the top of their radar. And while Molaro was vague I still don't buy the no gameplan stuff. And with an estimated ending at season 10 they don't have the luxury of dragging this out all season.,, JMO of course Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

I just don't see Sheldon ever thinking it was a good idea to "move on."  Why would he give up at this point?  He hasn't even tried to win her back since episode two, and he just decides to quit?  I don't see that as a natural progression from what they've been writing.  If it's supposed to show that he's grown and matured since the cat incident, we already knew that.  I'm at least comforted to hear that Amy is as surprised by this development as I am.

Edited by Boonaroma
  • Like 2

I'm trying to think about the outcome of all this episode

The next one is episode 6 and I guess something could lead on to episode 7 where they actually talk to each other about what they really want

All this not talking clearly dates and angst must lead to something surely and I know we all ain't gonna agree on the break up and everything else but we all want the same goal in the end and that's shamy back together

ASAP

• Like 6

Give the poor guy a break!

I don't even mean it in a critical way. It's an absolutely justified response from any other character.   I'm just surprised to see him give up so easily.  And it's hard for me to see how they reconcile if he's given up.

• Like 1

It's not that this wasn't an interesting development. We're clearly shown that Amy MIGHT be regretting her decision to break up with him...but I'm with koops on this one. This could be solely for the purpose of making Amy think she was right and that she mean next to nothing to Sheldon. With how he's already asking women out right after they broke up while Amy is still rejecting men because she still loves him, she's too hurt (and they're too gross).

• Like 5

I just figured by now one of their friends would ask Sheldon or Amy, how they really feel about the break up and what they want. 

Exactly. There's always that one friend that sees right through the facard. It's just weird that no one has.

It's not that this wasn't an interesting development. We're clearly shown that Amy MIGHT be regretting her decision to break up with him...but I'm with koops on this one. This could be solely for the purpose of making Amy think she was right and that she mean next to nothing to Sheldon. With how he's already asking women out right after they broke up while Amy is still rejecting men because she still loves him, she's too hurt (and they're too gross).

This is what I'm saying, it all comes down to communication and they aren't doing it, which is silly cause that all they ever do. The topic of the ring better make come into play in the next few episodes or I'm gonna get worried again. Maybe Sheldon tells Leonard or Leonard stumble upon the ring when he's moving his stuff out. I dunno. Just line between Sheldon and Amy is getting so thin it's gonna snap if something to do with Sheldon's commitment doesn't come into an episode soon.

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic