[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Absolutely, we all know that, but the characters don't exactly agree with us. Penny and Leonard are both witnessing Sheldon's pain and all they've done so far is suggest they all live together or that Sheldon should just move on to another woman. They're not supportive, because they don't take their relationship seriously.

True. I know their friends never really thought much of Shamy but the fact their continuing on like this is making it even sadder.

I sincerely hope Kerry is right and that this is that slap in the face that Amy needed to realize she needs to stop stalling and talk to Sheldon honestly. Because otherwise, this just adds fuel to the fire.

exactly. And it's pretty evident it won't be Sheldon that makes the move to have this talk so it's gonna have to come from Amy and that would mean she'd have to take back the things she said that lead to the break up. Which, looking over their time together, she's never had to do that. She would only tell Sheldon the truth when it came to her feelings..

By the way, she said that Jim was very agitated and annoyed last night and very "wooden" in his performance.  He didn't have the usual nuances and didn't emote much feeling.   Her feeling was he is really so over this storyline.  LOL!   She said Mayim was great as always and did well with the nuances, but Jim was off his game in her opinion.  She felt he was pretty much the same throughout other than the time he confronted Kripke during fencing and challenged Kripke to a dual (telling him to

She is a big JIm fan so needless to say she was a bit surprised.

aww noooo poor Jim! I guess everyone has an off day. I can't help but think this is really getting to him... Why would he snap at Mayim? It's surprise how into things you get as an actor, specially if the actor of girl is your TV character's partner and touching someone else. It sounds silly but it does happen! :laugh: 

Thanks for the clarification star!.

THEY MUST TALK WITH and ABOUT THEIR REAL FEELINGS !!!

^^^^^ THIS. Read it Molaro READ IT

That naked selfie thing is just :bad:

just thinking about that makes my tummy churn 

Anyway, so if she was really "considering" dating him, I would think it would be more a matter of not really knowing much about how to judge date-able guys.  As far as Stuart is concerned, maybe she's not interested for good reasons.  She dated him briefly before, knows he's kind of a sadsack, and even though they had a nice enough time, Sheldon was the one she really wanted.  So she can already cross him off her list.  Why should she take a step down, so to speak?

But Kripke is something of an unknown quantity, so perhaps her moment of considering him was more a matter of not knowing exactly what it would be like (but then the naked pictures...)

Anyway, I think that "considered" is kind of a subjective word.  Just because she said, "Maybe", at least to herself and her friends, doesn't mean that she was ever really serious about dating him specifically.  Maybe she, too, is going with the idea that dating someone else could somehow help, give her some perspective or something.

I guess the real issue I have with this is that they broke up over an emotional outburst because Sheldon pushed her too far.   The break up was never intended.

Now, she is considering dating.    She turned down Stuart outright, but she had to think about Kripke, and Sheldon's rival at that.    I understand the need to be wanted and desired, but there seems to be a disconnect somewhere between what caused the break up and where she is at right now.    

• Like 5

I guess the real issue I have with this is that they broke up over an emotional outburst because Sheldon pushed her too far.   The break up was never intended.

Now, she is considering dating.    She turned down Stuart outright, but she had to think about Kripke, and Sheldon's rival at that.    I understand the need to be wanted and desired, but there seems to be a disconnect somewhere between what caused the break up and where she is at right now.    

Do you think there might be a chance that the part where Amy considers dating Kripke gets edited out? :icon_razz: Wouldn't that be great :unsure:

• Like 1

Do you think there might be a chance that the part where Amy considers dating Kripke gets edited out? :icon_razz: Wouldn't that be great :unsure:

Kind of like where they took out the line about Amy being dead in the Intimacy Acceleration.   Yes, it would be nice.  I mean they cut the Shamy kiss on the couch short.  Why not cut something we actually don't want hear or see?

Even better would be not to write it all.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 2

I'm still not sure what they mean by "considered" though. Like I said, it could simply be Penny and Bernadette asking her "Would you date Kripke?!" and Amy thinking about it saying it would be weird to date someone so much like Sheldon etc, kind of like what she said to them about Stuart having the 'drone of someone with an hyperactive thyroid gland, that's kinda hot'. That I would be fine with. It's if she is *actually* considering it beyond this, or beyond just enjoying the attention (ala guys in the bar in 7x01), that it would put another nail in my Shamy coffin.

• Like 3

I'm still not sure what they mean by "considered" though. Like I said, it could simply be Penny and Bernadette asking her "Would you date Kripke?!" and Amy thinking about it saying it would be weird to date someone so much like Sheldon etc, kind of like what she said to them about Stuart having the 'drone of someone with an hyperactive thyroid gland, that's kinda hot'. That I would be fine with. It's if she is *actually* considering it beyond this, or beyond just enjoying the attention (ala guys in the bar in 7x01), that it would put another nail in my Shamy coffin.

Yes, this scenario in bold I think I can handle.

Well, if she was already emotionally exhausted by Sheldon's behavior and attitudes, then he pushed her to the edge until she snapped at him and called it a breakup, then she has to consider where they are exactly.

Since she didn't take it back right away and say something like, "I'm sorry, I didn't really mean to say that" and the girls were kind of pushing her to move on, then perhaps she's wondering if the breakup wasn't more appropriate than she might have thought at first.

Whatever it was about Sheldon that was pushing her buttons that night of their anniversary hasn't changed.  Maybe she is getting caught up in the idea of truly breaking up, rather than just treading water.

As kerry said, if she has felt neglected and taken for granted with Sheldon, then perhaps the idea of someone else being interested in her as a woman was attractive--at least for a moment.  If feeling neglected and taken for granted, thoughtlessness and lack of prioritizing were the things that were driving her to take a break, if she was wondering if he was ever going to be that attentive, thoughtful boyfriend, or whatever, then maybe the idea of a date is very tempting.

She didn't break up with SHeldon in order to date anyone else, but the idea of having someone actually be eager to date her (rather than obligated by an RA) might seem tempting.

But then, it's Kripke. :)

• Like 6

Kind of like where they took out the line about Amy being dead in the Intimacy Acceleration.   Yes, it would be nice.  I mean they cut the Shamy kiss on the couch short.  Why not cut something we actually don't want hear or see?

Exactly! :icon_biggrin:

Although, if my memories are correct, in the TR of Intimacy Acceleration, the line about Amy wasn't cut out but rather replaced with the pancake line because the audience didn't react well to it. I think the part that actually got cut out in that episode was when Leonard expressed worry over Sheldon and Penny taking the love test. Glad that got cut out because it's would've been OOC of Leonard to feel like that.

Yes, this scenario in bold I think I can handle.

Me too :yes: Editors, do not fail me! 

56127619.jpg

• Like 2

Oooooh Did Amy really say " when i date someone "? So she's thinking about dating someone else too and I guess our theory of her thinking she could date whoever she likes when Sheldon is still waiting for her is right.

This makes me really happy even though it sounds like a slap in her face.

• Like 1

Thanks so much again for the details Star. Have to say, I feel better about the Kripke thing and her reaction is more IC with the Amy I know who can't even tell she can be attracted to a guy or what that means, ala S4. At the same time, I find it incredibly hypocritical of her to be thinking about dating someone new (and that part really doesn't sit well with me) and then getting upset about Sheldon asking someone out. I kind of get the whole "slap in the face" idea a bit more with this extra info.

Edited by koops
  • Like 7

Ok, what if Sheldon just obliviously got it as "ASK other women out and you'll get better" as in ONLY "ask" and not "date" in order to get better ?

Obviously he only did ask.

(yeah I know I'm pathetically looking for explanations ...)

• Like 3

Ok, what if Sheldon just obliviously got it as "ASK other women out and you'll get better" as in ONLY "ask" and not "date" in order to get better ?

Obviously he only did ask.

(yeah I know I'm pathetically looking for explanations ...)

lol that would be so him!

• Like 3

One of the random fluffy scenarios out of this mess that popped in my head a while ago was if there were to be a whole episode about Amy going out on a date, and the girls being involved in helping her get ready for it. And then when they're at her place, there comes the triple knock and P/B are all "oh God! not now!" but then Amy goes to open the door with this smirk and it's Sheldon in date night attire on the other side of the door. And P/B are left "..." and he was the date all along.

Sadly, given the drama-filled bend the writers want this to take, I doubt this will ever happen. 

I love it.  Another idea for Fan Fic, but so wish to see this on screen.

• Like 2

One of the random fluffy scenarios out of this mess that popped in my head a while ago was if there were to be a whole episode about Amy going out on a date, and the girls being involved in helping her get ready for it. And then when they're at her place, there comes the triple knock and P/B are all "oh God! not now!" but then Amy goes to open the door with this smirk and it's Sheldon in date night attire on the other side of the door. And P/B are left "..." and he was the date all along.

Sadly, given the drama-filled bend the writers want this to take, I doubt this will ever happen. 

I'm about to go to bed so thanks for this lovely scenario! <3

• Like 1

Me is not happy with Amy saying "when I date" instead of "if I date" :icon_neutral:

Writers, you need to reshoot that scene. That's an order!!!!!!!!

That's another thing I'm going to bite my tongue on until I know the verbatim dialogue. If it's "I just thought that if I dated someone new...", it's one thing. If it's "I hoped when I date someone new..." then it's a different deal to me. 

• Like 4

aww noooo poor Jim! I guess everyone has an off day. I can't help but think this is really getting to him... Why would he snap at Mayim? It's surprise how into things you get as an actor, specially if the actor of girl is your TV character's partner and touching someone else. It sounds silly but it does happen! :laugh: 

Everyone is entitled to an off day, but I doubt it was that.  I do wonder though if he could reprimanded for that interview by Warner Bros and that was why he was in a bad mood.  Mayim got reprimanded by them for tweeting about a guest star last season, so I can't imagine they would be too happy with what he said and he also swore.

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic