[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Just a few clips just now I think :) . 

Looks a good one, made me very happy from what I've seen. 

Especially Jims " someday soon we'll have a seen together where we're nice to each other "

Interviewer says " people are going to read things into that Jim "

He says " well you people are always saying can you tell us anything - I've just told you that " ........ :) 

Ah ok, I feared I was missing something. Can't wait for the whole interview to come out - the first bits have been great! <3

• Like 1

Remember, by our rules, links have to the originating source.  If  a clip belongs to ET, it has to link to the ET site.  

sorry Tensor I'll behave :) 

I don't see it as bashing Amy but that a few of us (me included) just don't understand her motivations lately. Because the writers have kept her thoughts and feelings mostly in the dark

this must be horrendous for Mayim though. Not knowing what the hell is going through your characters head and what's movtivating her to do what she's doing. That says to me that not even the writers know why they broke up which makes no sense.

• Like 1

I don't see it as bashing Amy but that a few of us (me included) just don't understand her motivations lately. Because the writers have kept her thoughts and feelings mostly in the dark, I have troubles relating to her to be honest. What we got so far does not sound like that she would be very upset about the situation but instead she apparently had already spent a while with thinking about dating other men who preferably should not be like Sheldon. Admittedly, that confuses me a lot. :icon_confused:

by bashing i meant many MANY people saying her finding out Sheldon's asked women out was a 'much needed slap on the face' etc, to me it just sounds so harsh sorry :( Unless she's hurting Sheldon on purpose (which i believe she's not ) i don't think she deserves that!

Well im not sure but i honestly think our information is so incomplete with just taping reports! I think once we see the episodes we'll be able to have so much more cues and understanding how she feels from her facial expressions etc, even if she won't be saying her motives out loud! I believe we'll see somewhat equal level of hurt from both Amy and Sheldon... Also remember that line in 9x04 where he says 'Amy marrying someone better than me...' sounding sad, and we were all like 'awwwwwww, he's suffering so much', and then somebody who's been to this week's taping and saw that ep said that it wasn't this tragic moment at all like we thought, that it was said very fast and wasn't a big deal. So idk but i just can't judge them before i see the eps.

• Like 5

I feel much more clued in to what Amy is thinking.  She's frustrated because their relationship seemed to have stalled, from her perspective, and when she asked Sheldon for one measly thing he couldn't deal and started treating her like garbage.  So she broke up with him.  She hasn't talked about moving on independently, Kripke initiated that.  She's angry at him and she has every right to be.

It's Sheldon I don't get. He spent one episode trying to make her mad, one not doing anything at all, one moping, and now one where he accepts advice to "move on." Why would he do that? In episode two, he was pleased that he'd rattled her. It seemed like he had a plan, a lousy counterproductive plan, but a plan.  This is the same guy who cut the power to the building to extract what he wanted from Leonard.  Right now it's starting to play as though Amy is right and he really doesn't care about her.  They need to fix this quick.

Edited by Boonaroma
  • Like 3

i watched Entertainment Tonight last night and saw the whole segment with Jim and Mayim.  ET really loves Shamy!  Pretty much everything was shown already on the Instagram clips. Very fun.  

Hi, Did Jim talk about not going to the Emmy's?  I heard he did, but can't find it anywhere.....

• Like 1

I feel much more clued in to what Amy is thinking.  She's frustrated because their relationship seemed to have stalled, from her perspective, and when she asked Sheldon for one measly thing he couldn't deal and started treating her like garbage.  So she broke up with him.  She hasn't talked about moving on independently, Kripke initiated that.  She's angry at him and she has every right to be.

It's Sheldon I don't get. He spent one episode trying to make her mad, one not doing anything at all, one moping, and now one where he accepts advice to "move on." Why would he do that? In episode two, he was pleased that he'd rattled her. It seemed like he had a plan, a lousy counterproductive plan, but a plan.  This is the same guy who cut the power to the building to extract what he wanted from Leonard.  Right now it's starting to play as though Amy is right and he really doesn't care about her.  They need to fix this quick.

yea i also feel like I understand her reasons. She said that herself in the beginning of the finale - "do you understand the irony of your fixation on the man with super speed", "really? that's the commitment issue you're restling with??".
And as for what's challenging in being his girlfriend "physically, emotionally" - she's stated that many times over the years...
She can't even hug him when he feels bad; she can't expect a hug when she feels bad; she has to drag him to celebrate holidays (which are important to her ); she has to drag romance out of him; if i list all the reasons my post will be huge! I think it was all piling up and just culminated in that Flash moment, and i think it's totally human - she wasn't planning on it to happened like that but it happened.

I DONT understand her about romance and holidays at all, i would love to have a bf like Sheldon who doesn't give a damn about Valentine's day and all of the other social conventions, but i know how important it is to her so i understand her frustrations...
But i understand her about physical stuff, I don't even mean sex, if i couldn't even hug my boyfriend, i would also feel the need to reevaluate our relationship.. Only Amy's much more patient than me, it would take me 5 days, not 5 years.

Also I actually love Sheldon much more than Amy. I love him and relate to him since day 1, and except for a few chauvinistic remarks he  made in S6-S7, there's not a thing bout him I don't like.. While with Amy, i love her, but many of her quirks freak me out tbh :hide. 

So i'm not a Sheldon-hater at all, but i feel like I understand Amy's motives to wanna be apart from him, and i believe they are justified

• Like 2

yea i also feel like I understand her reasons. She said that herself in the beginning of the finale - "do you understand the irony of your fixation on the man with super speed", "really? that's the commitment issue you're restling with??".And as for what's challenging in being his girlfriend "physically, emotionally" - she's stated that many times over the years...
She can't even hug him when he feels bad; she can't expect a hug when she feels bad; she has to drag him to celebrate holidays (which are important to her ); she has to drag romance out of him; if i list all the reasons my post will be huge! I think it was all piling up and just culminated in that Flash moment, and i think it's totally human - she wasn't planning on it to happened like that but it happened.

I DONT understand her about romance and holidays at all, i would love to have a bf like Sheldon who doesn't give a damn about Valentine's day and all of the other social conventions, but i know how important it is to her so i understand her frustrations...
But i understand her about physical stuff, I don't even mean sex, if i couldn't even hug my boyfriend, i would also feel the need to reevaluate our relationship.. Only Amy's much more patient than me, it would take me 5 days, not 5 years.

Also I actually love Sheldon much more than Amy. I love him and relate to him since day 1, and except for a few chauvinistic remarks he  made in S6-S7, there's not a thing bout him I don't like.. While with Amy, i love her, but many of her quirks freak me out tbh :hide. 

So i'm not a Sheldon-hater at all, but i feel like I understand Amy's motives to wanna be apart from him, and i believe they are justified

But, in S8? They have been making huge physical progress regularly for over a year, he bragged about his relationship in front of everyone, he told her he loved her, that he's attracted to her, he bought her a Xmas and a V-day gift (in his own way), they had a sleepover, they were going to get a turtle together, he tried to do Prom properly for her, if he upsets her or she's upset he tries to fix it right away. Is Sheldon frustrating and insufferable sometimes? Yes. But he's not doing it just to be difficult and nobody can deny the leaps and bounds of progress they've made together as a couple, and particularly in this last season. 

So if now, of all times, Amy snaps and breaks up with him because it's so exhausting, my question is why has she stuck with Sheldon for so long? What is it that she loves about Sheldon so much to stick with him for so long if nothing he ever does is good enough? And why am I meant to ship this couple if they make each other as miserable as it's been alleged here often? If she wanted all these things so badly, why didn't Amy just go off to find Mr Perfect two years ago and left Sheldon well enough alone, since she knew precisely well what he was like? Was she just waiting around for the day he magically changed into Mr Perfect? THOSE are the reasons I'm talking about when I say I want an explanation. Not her reasons as in the fact that she "deserves romance" and Sheldon doesn't like that, or that she wants intimacy and he's dragging his feet, because we all know that. The reasons I'm talking about are deeper than that. This is the superficial stuff.

And we can say the same thing about Amy: Sheldon has been trying to get her excited about his interests (trains and scifi, for example) for years, and even if she indulges him occasionally (like he does her for romance), in the end she always turns around and belittles his interests as childish nonsense. Just as V-day and dates might be important to her, his passions are important to him. Yet Amy is somehow a saint for sitting down to watch Star Trek while mocking it the rest of the time, but Sheldon is a jerk for putting on a suit to go to a date but not gazing into her eyes over candlelight and saying sweet nothings in her ear. 

Ugh. Sorry if I'm sounding aggressive. It's not meant to be aggression towards you, Shamyyy, honestly. I'm just generally frustrated with the fact that I got into this couple for the fun of watching two awkward, smart, logical and brutally honest people who were cut of the same cloth fall for each other and now they're turned into this melodrama of the poor regular girl who wants to be loved and romanced by the clueless jerk who is an impossible boyfriend and all the charm that made me ship them goes out of the window. 

• Like 9

see...they knew not to interview our captain....he is always more pro Shamy moving forward...Always has been always will be...Mayim is ALWAYS like dragging her feet with it....Saying they aren't ready for marriage or intimacy....ARG!!

Molaro I am not listening to right now.  Considering it all PR for the new season right now.  Although interesting he mentions their paper when it hasn't been brought up in the last 5 tapings.  So maybe E6???

• Like 4

hmmm I see where your coming from but I don't see how you think  Amy sees their relationship to have 'stalled'. If your meaning it as though things were going well then they have a make out session and bam brakes hit and it's back to annoying Sheldon who wants to talk about a TV show instead of being intimate then im with you but the relationship was moving in S8, I felt Amy kind of took that for granted. 

thanks Luna :) 

see...they knew not to interview our captain....he is always more pro Shamy moving forward...Always has been always will be...Mayim is ALWAYS like dragging her feet with it....Saying they aren't ready for marriage or intimacy....ARG!!

Molaro I am not listening to right now.  Considering it all PR for the new season right now.  Although interesting he mentions their paper when it hasn't been brought up in the last 5 tapings.  So maybe E6???

I completely agree with you. Mayim's too phyisophical with her answers sometimes. I love it when she is but now when it comes to Shamy. You want your ship to just hook back up and make woopie Mayim just like Jim does. Don't sugarcoat it honey :kiss:

Molaro should just shush now... For abit...please... For everyone's sake

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 4

This has just made my morning !!! I love Jim and Mayim :) 

Jim and his pelvis indeed !!!!!! 

I scared my husband when I screamed like a fan girl and laughed when I saw this at 5:45 am while getting ready for work. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Yes...less of Molaro's lips and more of Parsons's hips please   :icon_cheesygrin:

*daydreams about Jim's magestic pelvic actions* :heat:

Which IG, yours, Mayim, or Jim's? I follow all three of you I think. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll pm you the link :) 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 3

I have a link to an unofficial version of Jim's interview if anyone wants it lemme know and I'll pm you :) 

p.s it's on Facebook so it's nothing dodgey!

p.p.s sorry for being naughty again :cheese:

I can't go on facebook from work, but I'd like to see the clip if it's available through something else, like youtube...

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic