The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Yes, thanks so much to those who post after the tapings!!!!

Here's my take for what it's worth.........

The writers and TPTB want to move Shamy forward in a big way (proposal or coitus?).  So how do they do that and bring in as many viewers as possible for that big moment?  YES we'll create angst and break Sheldon so that the big moment when he goes to Amy wil be HUGE.  

I really don't think they will sit down and talk and work out their problems over a few episodes ( like real life).  TPTB want a cataclysmic moment to bring in ratings. 

So I predict something BIG in the premier re our Shamy!

I

• Like 7

will you be posting updates on Twitter?

I've not got Twitter :( I'll need to wait till you kindly post them on here :). It's much appreciated you know !

• Like 1

The writers and TPTB want to move Shamy forward in a big way (proposal or coitus?).  So how do they do that and bring in as many viewers as possible for that big moment?  YES we'll create angst and break Sheldon so that the big moment when he goes to Amy wil be HUGE.  

I really don't think they will sit down and talk and work out their problems over a few episodes ( like real life).  TPTB want a cataclysmic moment to bring in ratings. 

I

Yes please!!
  • Like 2

I would like a scene like that (but more emotional). Sheldon go to Amy to say his feelings for her additional data. :) (like in some fanfics).

• Like 6

I would like a scene like that (but more emotional). Sheldon go to Amy to say his feelings for her additional data. :) (like in some fanfics).

and unlike this scene, one that doesn't end with amy slamming the door in sheldon's face :) 

• Like 3

I

Hmm...well I know teens love angst...not so sure the average audience member turns into a COMEDY show to watch angst though.   I personally am not a big fan of angst.   I don't turn into a comedy show for it.  I tune in for laughs and lighthearted stories.  Having some angst in a given episode is okay as long as it doesn't span multiple episodes.  I really am not a fan of that.

• Like 2

Hmm...well I know teens love angst...not so sure the average audience member turns into a COMEDY show to watch angst though.   I personally am not a big fan of angst.   I don't turn into a comedy show for it.  I tune in for laughs and lighthearted stories.  Having some angst in a given episode is okay as long as it doesn't span multiple episodes.  I really am not a fan of that.

MELODY,  TBBT is a SitCom, not a Soap Opera! I don´t like angst, but I think our SHAMY needs a little, little bit of it to grow up, as the other couples needed once. I am quite sure SHAMY will be happy and together again in two or three episodes.

People love SHAMY interacting and doing things together!  (and the writers know that!)

MELODY,  TBBT is a SitCom, not a Soap Opera! I don´t like angst, but I think our SHAMY needs a little, little bit of it to grow up, as the other couples needed once. I am quite sure SHAMY will be happy and together again in two or three episodes.

People love SHAMY interacting and doing things together!  (and the writers know that!)

It may be a SitCom (Situational Comedy), but sitcoms fall under Comedy genre by the industry, not drama, not soap opera.   Angst is not the place for a show like BBT.  A little in a given episode is fine, but if it spans a lot of episodes, no...then it is violating the genre it is categorized in by the industry and that it gave itself as a genre as well.  

I agree the couple need to grow up, but honestly, they are good when they communicate, which they usually get around to doing well.  All the couples on the show have some aspect of growing up to do or we wouldn't be watching them.  Shamy are going to be fine and I think once they have a chance to discuss things, they will be stronger and well on track.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

It may be a SitCom (Situational Comedy), but sitcoms fall under Comedy genre by the industry, not drama, not soap opera.   Angst is not the place for a show like BBT.  A little in a given episode is fine, but if it spans a lot of episodes, no...then it is violating the genre it is categorized in by the industry and that it gave itself as a genre as well.  

I agree the couple need to grow up, but honestly, they are good when they communicate, which they usually get around to doing well.  All the couples on the show have some aspect of growing up to do or we wouldn't be watching them.  Shamy are going to be fine and I think once they have a chance to discuss things, they will be stronger and well on track.

If the angst starts to dominate the show and dictate the direction of its storylines, then the writers will really be playing fast and loose with the term "comedy"...

I agree in that communication will be the best way for Shamy to resolve their issues. Once they sit down and openly discuss things, they'll be on track to a much healthier and stronger relationship. This shouldn't be too much of a problem because when compared to the other couples on the show, communication is where Shamy truly excel. 

• Like 3

I could see Shamy talking about each other and their issues to their friends in the first few episodes (especially since I think the premiere will be 2 episodes again.) I would love there to be awkward moments of them together, though. Like, a group dinner at the apartment. Then maybe after a dinner they're the only ones left in the apartment (because their friends are sneaky and planned it that way) and they kind of stare at each other and finally Amy asks him how he's doing and it's just small awkward conversation but you can see the sexual tension building and before you know it, they're mAKING OUT IN THE APARTMENT. I'm sorry; I just really want some tonsil hockey in their making up. Is that too much to ask?

Edited by MariaAlbina
  • Like 3

I could see Shamy talking about each other and their issues to their friends in the first few episodes (especially since I think the premiere will be 2 episodes again.) I would love their to be awkward moments of them together, though. Like, a group dinner at the apartment. Then maybe after a dinner they're the only ones left in the apartment (because their friends are sneaky and planned it that way) and they kind of stare at each other and finally Amy asks him how he's doing and it's just small awkward conversation but you can see the sexual tension building and before you know it, they're mAKING OUT IN THE APARTMENT. I'm sorry; I just really want some tonsil hockey in their making up. Is that too much to ask?

They've already said it won't be two episodes in the premier 

• Like 1

Well that shows how long it's been since I'm been on this forum.

• Like 1

This year there will only be the 30 minute premiere episode and no immediate follow-on episode.  A new show  Life in Pieces immediately follows the premiere episode.  See CBS show Premiere Episode info: http://www.starwatchbyline.com/?p=16104  (could not get the link thing to work like it should be working.  UGH)

Well that shows how long it's been since I'm been on this forum.

Sup babe.

Guys, I was just watching this year's Comic Con panel and something stood out to me when they were discussing the ring.

Steve said that we will be getting a "partial answer" in the premiere to when Sheldon got it and when he planned to give it to Amy.

Thoughts?

Guys, I was just watching this year's Comic Con panel and something stood out to me when they were discussing the ring.

Steve said that we will be getting a "partial answer" in the premiere to when Sheldon got it and when he planned to give it to Amy.

Thoughts?

that's interesting.....maybe it could mean that he'll tell some details about the ring to someone other than Amy...

• Like 1

I don't want to get my hopes up because it probably won't happen...

BUT I can't help thinking that the whole "partial answer" thing doesn't rule out the possibility of a premiere proposal. It might not answer when he got the ring but it would answer when he planned on giving it to her...in a way...

As I said though, this probably won't happen.

Edited by The Mushroom Log
  • Like 3

We'LL know in 16 days!!!! I'm so excited....come on guys, we can make it!!!!

• Like 5

I'll be at uni on that day (and during the time the taping reports usually come out). I'll probably end up screaming (or fainting...) in the middle of a lecture or something but it will be so worth it.

I am so excited I could actually cry...

• Like 6

For me it will be 4 or 5 a.m, maybe i'll be waiting for news all night!!!luckely, i'll be on vacation, so i can catch some sleep afterwords!!!it's amazing how so many people from everywhere in the world are going to wait together that day!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

6.a.m for me, I'll wait all night for sleep that will never come, giving up and meeting you in chat around five :icon_biggrin: I can't wait!!! There's nothing better than united freaking out and shocked, pointless appeals to a deity :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

Thank goodness it's not until 3 or 4pm for me...I wouldn't get any sleep at all if it was in the early hours of the morning! :)  Actually, I probably won't be getting any sleep anyway, I'll be that excited...

• Like 1

Yeah being in London it Will be 5am when I go in chat, usually it's a little while after that when we kindly get spoilers

these might be some of our reactions depending on what happens.....

:icon_cheesygrin: :icon_rolleyes: :dwarf: :exclamation: :icon_neutral: :question:

• Like 3

Yeah being in London it Will be 5am when I go in chat, usually it's a little while after that when we kindly get spoilers

these might be some of our reactions depending on what happens.....

:icon_cheesygrin: :icon_rolleyes: :dwarf: :exclamation: :icon_neutral: :question:

mmm....so here in italy no news up to 6 a.m...oh man....i'm so bad with time zones!!!!! Hoping for happy happy reactions!!!

• Like 1