[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Read this article and it pretty much backs up what April, Amy Fowler, and Kathy( I agree with all of them) have been saying about how Amy feels. It's there, I(Steve) can't help it if some people can't see it.

I think you are misunderstand our point.  Steve has been saying something to this effect for a while.  We haven't argued whether or not this was the plot they were trying to sell here.  Our point is that we don't buy it.  A phrased used a lot back in April was that it felt "unearned".  At this point it is all revisionist history because they were not selling a story all season were Sheldon was making progress but Amy was building up frustrations and that they were slowly coming to ahead.  It make this work now, people have to go back and rethink what they thought and felt about S8 and use hindsight to try to make sense of it because they threw something in the finale for a cliffhanger and then decided to run with it to begin S9.

• Like 6

So then I'll be off for the night (damn you, time zones! I'll catch up first thing in the morning.)

Happy premiere night for the rest of you who'll be watching!! <3

I know it'll be hard but... “Remember, be strong…even if it breaks your heart.” (Doctor Who)

(If nothing else helps rewatch the MaJim interview to soothe the pain!)

• Like 4

I think you are misunderstand our point.  Steve has been saying something to this effect for a while.  We haven't argued whether or not this was the plot they were trying to sell here.  Our point is that we don't buy it.  A phrased used a lot back in April was that it felt "unearned".  At this point it is all revisionist history because they were not selling a story all season were Sheldon was making progress but Amy was building up frustrations and that they were slowly coming to ahead.  It make this work now, people have to go back and rethink what they thought and felt about S8 and use hindsight to try to make sense of it because they threw something in the finale for a cliffhanger and then decided to run with it to begin S9.

I think it's more that when you ship, you see the good and overlook the bad. I don't ship a couple. I just love the whole show. I see Amy happy that Shamy is making progress, but I also see a constant struggle. Almost every good piece of progress made on the Shamy front during S8 also included a lot of angst. A lot of it was minor, but it was for the most part always there. Mar's, I'm going to pack up and leave without you. To hear that all their friends said that he should mention it to Amy, but he still didn't do it. I'm not saying that Amy's perfect. I just think Sheldon's actions, could cause a person to pause and reflect if this is what I really want for my life. A day or two later she could have said yes I can accept it, but Sheldon didn't give her a chance to think it through. It seems he then did even more harm by acting crazy. Even then it looks like Amy is still defending and sticking up for Sheldon. So I think this break that turned into a breakup will be solved in due time, but I'm not sure how yet. I'm not sure the writers even know how yet. I can't wait to find out though. '

• Like 4

I think it's more that when you ship, you see the good and overlook the bad. I don't ship a couple. I just love the whole show. I see Amy happy that Shamy is making progress, but I also see a constant struggle. Almost every good piece of progress made on the Shamy front during S8 also included a lot of angst. A lot of it was minor, but it was for the most part always there. Mar's, I'm going to pack up and leave without you. To hear that all their friends said that he should mention it to Amy, but he still didn't do it. I'm not saying that Amy's perfect. I just think Sheldon's actions, could cause a person to pause and reflect if this is what I really want for my life. A day or two later she could have said yes I can accept it, but Sheldon didn't give her a chance to think it through. It seems he then did even more harm by acting crazy. Even then it looks like Amy is still defending and sticking up for Sheldon. So I think this break that turned into a breakup will be solved in due time, but I'm not sure how yet. I'm not sure the writers even know how yet. I can't wait to find out though. '

A lot of the people that agree with or see things similarly to me really dislike how this couple was handled or the dynamic during S6 and had some issues with S7 as well.  This isn't a case of only seeing sunshine and rainbows.  This is a case of us seeing a departure from those seasons to a happy couple in S8.  We just didn't feel that the show did the work to show that this is where Amy is right now.  It has been said many times here that timing is a big issue here.  A year ago, I think would have been a perfect time for this plot.  I wouldn't have minded it at the end of S6 either.

• Like 5

So then I'll be off for the night (damn you, time zones! I'll catch up first thing in the morning.)

Happy premiere night for the rest of you who'll be watching!! <3

I know it'll be hard but... “Remember, be strong…even if it breaks your heart.” (Doctor Who)

(If nothing else helps rewatch the MaJim interview to soothe the pain!)

I have decided not to watch it tonight. It's my 2nd Wedding Anniversary and I want it to remain untainted. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think the moment outside of Amy's apartment was really cute!!

And just so happy to finally be watching the show again!

And i think so far the episode looks much better that it looked in the TR...!!

Just hoping now the scene with Mary won't disappoint...

Edited by shamyyyy
  • Like 3

I think the moment outside of Amy's apartment was really cute!!

And just so happy to finally be watching the show again!

And i think so far the episode looks much better that it looked in the TR...!!

Just hoping now the scene with Mary won't disappoint...

It was a family ring...oh god!

• Like 3

i have mixed feelings about this episode...

It was a family ring, but not MeeMaw's.  We really didn't get much from the scene other than that and Mary telling Sheldon to hold on to the ring.

yea i got that ... Just wishing to know if he had intentions to propose (sometime)... I got the vibe that yes, he was (even if initially it was his mom who gave him the ring), but would be so good to know for sure...

I know it just seems wrong. All of it. Shamy fighting. The vows were cute but Lenny deserved a better wedding   I just don't know. Seems like a different show. Maybe I need to digest it s bit. 

yea im not even a Lenny but  i felt sad their wedding was short like this... Like so.short...

Also again while im Shamy it kinda felt bad that they both left at like the most important moment of their best friends' lives... 

Like, too much drama for a comedy, them having to break up exactly at that moment, a little soap-operish :s

• Like 6

i have mixed feelings about this episode...

yea i got that ... Just wishing to know if he had intentions to propose (sometime)... I got the vibe that yes, he was (even if initially it was his mom who gave him the ring), but would be so good to know for sure...

But we don't even know if Mary offered the ring to him or he asked for it.

• Like 2

I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I know the situation is far from ideal but like I expected, things played out much better onscreen than on the TR. I found the Lenny wedding ceremony was adorable and the vows were perfect. As for Shamy, I could really see how confused and sad Amy was from Mayim's expressions. I found the way she and everybody else rebuffed Stuart really funny. As for the ring info, I admit to being just a tad disappointed that there wasn't as much info about it. It's good not scratch that wonderful to know that it came from Mary's meemaw and is a family heirloom but come on, would it have hurt to extend the phone call just a bit longer? :icon_razz: I wanna know more about the mother/son conversation!!!

• Like 7

Bright side: The gang saw the sweet Lenny vows, which were the essence of the wedding anyway.

Not So Bright Side: Ugh.  Everything.  "Made you?!" Fuck you Sheldon.  And the way the ring thing was presented he might not have even asked his mom for the ring.  She might have given it to him to avoid giving it his brother.  Oy.  Awful.  Poor Kunal.  Nothing for him.

• Like 1

It did leave the ring history a bit ambiguous. Did he ask for it or did she just send it to him in case. He did seem genuinely upset. 

Mayim was perfect  her expressions were everything. 

We we can only go onward and hope all will be well. I have said it before though I don't think there will be a quick kiss and makeup here. We know at least 4 more eps anyway. Booooo

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I know the situation is far from ideal but like I expected, things played out much better onscreen than on the TR. I found the Lenny wedding ceremony was adorable and the vows were perfect. As for Shamy, I could really see how confused and sad Amy was from Mayim's expressions. I found the way she and everybody else rebuffed Stuart really funny. As for the ring info, I admit to being just a tad disappointed that there wasn't as much info about it. It's good not scratch that wonderful to know that it came from Mary's meemaw and is a family heirloom but come on, would it have hurt to extend the phone call just a bit longer? :icon_razz: I wanna know more about the mother/son conversation!!!

I commend your positive attitude, Luna. 

Unfortunately, I'm not there with you on this one.     I thought Shamy were on a break, but right from the beginning of the episode, Sheldon and Amy both were referring to it as an end to their relationship.   That set the downward spiral for me immediately.   Then everyone except Bernie showed little concern for Sheldon standing outside or how much he was hurting.

I had hoped that the conversation with Mary would lift my spirits by her telling him not to give up, but first she tells him not to be hasty about returning the ring that the relationship might not be permanently over, and then she tells him to keep the ring because she doesn't want his brother to have it.  

Now, I will give her the benefit of the doubt, that perhaps the last statement was a form of reverse psychology to keep Sheldon from returning the ring because she knows he is overreacting.  

I know Shamy will be back together in the long run, but this hurts more than I thought it would.    Other than a couple of expressions of disapproval over some remarks made by Howard and Stuart, Amy really didn't seem to care about Sheldon's feelings at all.

Oh, and another thing.  I hated the show opened with Sheldon immediately swearing off all women, but then he was at Amy's door (11) hours later.   Seemed horribly out of order.

Anyway, I think I'm going to have to stay away from the forums for awhile until I calm down.  

Sorry to ruin your Shamy buzz.

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic